best shorts under $50????

Comments

• eyeeyeeyeeye Members Posts: 72 ✭✭

Wow. Nobody mentioned Uniqlo yet?? Uniqlo Kando shorts are really good. I'm slim and 5'8" and they fit very well.
    $30 but goes on sale quite often.

• AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@LeoLeo99 said:
    Nordstrom's Rack has the occasional golf short on the rack. Often the same brands as Marshall's.

@Shades234 said:
    I buy Hurley shorts from Nordstrom Rack on sale. Typically $25. Also will buy Bonobos whenever they do their seasonal clearance.

I was going to suggest Nordstrom Rack. They carry Volcom shorts in multiple colors for under $30 in a good amount of sizes as well. They aren't as thin as say Under Armour or Nike but they are good

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS3 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    Callaway Apex '19 5-AW Nippon Modus3 105
    Titleist SM7 50.12F/54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • mcc0819mcc0819 Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Caved in a bought a pair of J crew tech shorts in the 7 inch inseam for $44 with an in-store sale. Played a round in them today and boy they're comfortable and breathable. Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep em coming.

Ping G400 LST AD-DI 7x
    Callaway Rogue 3w HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.5
    Taylormade m1 3 hybrid Veylix Rome 988 Wildeye
    Srixon Z765 4-pw Nippon Modus 120x
    Ping Glide 2.0 50, 54, 58
    Odyssey O-Works 1w

• Shades234Shades234 San DiegoMembers Posts: 316 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Jun 15, 2019 1:50am #65

@AG12 said:

@LeoLeo99 said:
    Nordstrom's Rack has the occasional golf short on the rack. Often the same brands as Marshall's.

@Shades234 said:
    I buy Hurley shorts from Nordstrom Rack on sale. Typically $25. Also will buy Bonobos whenever they do their seasonal clearance.

I was going to suggest Nordstrom Rack. They carry Volcom shorts in multiple colors for under $30 in a good amount of sizes as well. They aren't as thin as say Under Armour or Nike but they are good

Yeah Volcom are usually a slightly heavier cotton. The Hurley shorts I have a few pairs of are actually pretty light weight. Sort of an amphibian style short. They have mesh pockets and are meant to dry quickly should you find yourself in the water. Nike also owns Hurley, so you'll get the same quality as you'd expect from Nike.

They're either these or similar: https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/2363988?cm_mmc=feeds--adlucent--google-_-pla&utm_source=adlucent&utm_medium=feeds&utm_content=google&utm_campaign=pla&utm_channel=shopping_acq_p&sid=545650&aid=%5BADL%5D%20%5BPLA%5D%20%5BShopping%5D%20-%20Categories%20-%20Audiences%5BDesktop%5D&gclid=Cj0KCQjwi43oBRDBARIsAExSRQEkNmF6F8R0RMGX3K2DOTZhccmb_Qwl8YxrIU9t2sPYjWGWSBvoRucaAn4JEALw_wcB&color=KHAKI

• slimreaper30slimreaper30 Members Posts: 12 ✭✭

just picked up some good cheap nike ones at marshalls

• BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Belk has a sale on Haggar cool 18 buy 1 get 2 free. $55 for 3 pair is a good deal to me.

• DonRSDDonRSD South FloridaMembers Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭

I buy Ben Hogan @ Walmart or PGA Tour @ JC Penny.

No need to spend more than $15-$20 for some golf shorts.

Driver: Titleist TS2
    3 Wood: Titleist TS2
    Hybrids: Titleist 818 H1
    Irons: TaylorMade P790
    Wedges: Vokey
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (2018)
  • 3fiddyz3fiddyz Members Posts: 314 ✭✭✭✭

Puma now has my vote!

• Hope3977Hope3977 Members Posts: 3

I tend to have the opposite problem as most others have. At 6'5" I found some Oakley (take 2.5??) a year or so ago with a 12" inseam. Loved them and bought myself and my sons a few pairs. They don't make that style anymore so I continue to look for shorts with 12" or even an 11" inseam. Nothing shorter than that or I look ridiculous....

• tim_harristim_harris ArkansasMembers Posts: 309 ✭✭

@mcc0819 said:
    Caved in a bought a pair of J crew tech shorts in the 7 inch inseam for $44 with an in-store sale. Played a round in them today and boy they're comfortable and breathable. Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep em coming.

I've decided to buy a pair of these to try as well. I'm hopeful they fit the way I want as I'm in need of some new shorts but thus far struggled to find something that fits the way I want.

Driver: Ping G400 LST
    3 Wood: Titleist 917 F2 16.5
    Hybrid: Ping G410 3 Crossover
    Irons: Ping I210 4-PW
    Wedges: Ping Glide 50/56/60
    Putter: Odyssey Exo 7
    Ball: Srixon ZStar XV
  • gohattersgohatters Golf is so much more fun from the "wrong side of the ball&q Members Posts: 125 ✭✭✭

If you’re anywhere near an Eddie Bauer outlet store, I picked up a couple of pairs of above the knee stretch shorts. Not specifically for golf but similar to the golf shorts. I think during sales you can get them at around $20-30 per pair. I’ve had them two seasons and they’ve held up very well. Breathable bit not too thin.

• simonndsimonnd Members Posts: 36 ✭✭

I really like my Vineyard Vines shorts. They are very comfy and have a nice fit.

• driveandputtmachinedriveandputtmachine 4 wedges or 2 iron? That is the question! Members Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Costco......Pebble Beach branded shorts. They were around $16.00 there. You can get them other places for $25 to $30.

Driver - Ping 400 MAX on Tour 65 
    Fairway - Cobra F9 on UST Axivcore Black
    Others - Srixon 785 5 Wood on UST Axivcore Black or TM UDI 2 iron on Nippon 130 or Ping G400 17* 
    Irons - (4-A) Taylormade 790's on KBS Tour
    Wedges - Cleveland Rotex 3.0 55*, Rotex 4.0 60* on KBS tour
    Putter - Mannkrafted MA/66 or Taylormade Spider
    Ball - TM TP5x or Srixon Z Star XV
  • Dukefan1Dukefan1 Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,251 ✭✭

Really like the Hogan shorts you get at Wal Mart. Have several pair. Cheap, they last, and are very comfortable.

Driver-Callaway Big Bertha 816 DBD, 3 Wood-Callaway XR Steelhead, 5 Wood-Callaway Rogue, Irons-Ping i200, Wedges-Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50, 54 Ping Glide 58, Putter-Odyssey EXO 7s, Ball-Snell MTB Black, Bridgestone Tour b330
  • rpearlbergrpearlberg Members Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m torn between Adidas Ultimate 365 and Old Navy Slim 4-Way-Stretch Hybrid Performance Shorts for Men - 10-inch inseam.

Adidas are $25 at Marshall’s and the old navy ones were about $18. I like the feel and fit of both but definitely don’t need both.

Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW
    Titleist 915D2 9.5
    Titleist 915F 15
    Titliest 915H 19
    Titleist 915H 21
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@rpearlberg said:
    I’m torn between Adidas Ultimate 365 and Old Navy Slim 4-Way-Stretch Hybrid Performance Shorts for Men - 10-inch inseam.

Adidas are $25 at Marshall’s and the old navy ones were about $18. I like the feel and fit of both but definitely don’t need both.

If you’re not signed to an endorsement deal you could get a pair of each. Surely you wear more than one pair of shorts.

• rpearlbergrpearlberg Members Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha! No endorsement deal here. Yes, I can get a few of each. > @BiggErn said:

@rpearlberg said:

If you’re not signed to an endorsement deal you could get a pair of each. Surely you wear more than one pair of shorts.

Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW
    Titleist 915D2 9.5
    Titleist 915F 15
    Titliest 915H 19
    Titleist 915H 21
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • Scottyguy68Scottyguy68 Members Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

J Crew is running 50% off the tech shorts on their website right now, promo code "biggest"

Titleist 915 D3 Tour AD MT
    Taylormade M2 15* Tour AD DI
    Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 3 Iron
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120
    Ping Glide 50, 55, 60
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
  • Hilltopper413Hilltopper413 Members Posts: 203 ✭✭✭

Birddog shorts. They’re fantastic. Make sure you find the ones that are solid colors with the belt loops at the top. They are technically athletic shorts, but look just like golf shorts. So comfortable and look great! Retail at $59 but you can find them much cheaper, and they offer sales and discount codes from time to time.

• MacklessdaddyMacklessdaddy Members Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DonRSD said:
    I buy Ben Hogan @ Walmart or PGA Tour @ JC Penny.

No need to spend more than $15-$20 for some golf shorts.

@Dukefan1 said:
    Really like the Hogan shorts you get at Wal Mart. Have several pair. Cheap, they last, and are very comfortable.

@Dukefan1 said:

@Dukefan1 said:

@Dukefan1 said:

@Dukefan1 said:

@Dukefan1 said:

All I wear, and they even come in white now, or at least my Walmart finally sells them in white

Ping G 10.5 Kuro Kage
    Ping G 3W
    Ping G 4 Hybrid Tour 90
    Ping G410 PX LZ 6.0
    Cleveland CBX 54 58
    Odyssey White Ice DART
  • ShakesterShakester Members Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just picked up a pair of Adidas golf shorts at TJ Maxx for $24.99. They also had a few pair of Under Armours.

Taylormade M3 Driver (UST Mamiya Chrome Elements Stiff Shaft) 9.5
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade M2 5 Wood 18
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Select Newport 2.5
    Titleist AVX, TP5 and Pro V1
  • TalldogTalldog Members Posts: 20 ✭✭

@BiggErn said:
    Haggar Cool 18

+1
    They can be had on Amazon between $20 and $30. Haggar makes good quality pants. Not high end, but good. After multiple washings they still look new; the seams are solid.
    Only thing I don't like is they only have one button at the waist. I'd prefer to have a clip and a button.

• TalldogTalldog Members Posts: 20 ✭✭

@cardigan said:

@BiggErn said:
    Haggar Cool 18

I’m a fan of the Haggar Cool 18 but I don’t think they’re that short. Belk often has a buy 1 get 2 free sale on them. Looks like they’re having that sale again right now.

But, they are inexpensive enough (and quality enough) that it would be worth investing the money to take them up and inch or two.

• Carl Spackler3Carl Spackler3 Members Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I just got some really nice puma shorts from golfdiscount.com. Only complaint is they actually have a snap instead of a button hole button. 39 instead of $70

Titleist 915 D2
    Ping G 3 W
    Ping G 5W
    Ping G25 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX 900 hot metal 5-GW
    Vokey 52-08 sm4
    Vokey 56-14 sm6
    Odyssey White Hot RX2 ( but it better be careful)
  • tim_harristim_harris ArkansasMembers Posts: 309 ✭✭

The JCrew ones I ordered were a no go for me and returned. I picked up a pair of Adidas Ultimate 365 from Amazon and while a bit more than the budget some were looking for I liked them and ordered a few more pairs so I can retire most of my current golf shorts.

Driver: Ping G400 LST
    3 Wood: Titleist 917 F2 16.5
    Hybrid: Ping G410 3 Crossover
    Irons: Ping I210 4-PW
    Wedges: Ping Glide 50/56/60
    Putter: Odyssey Exo 7
    Ball: Srixon ZStar XV
  • averysdadaverysdad Members Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I’m really surprised no one else has mentioned the izod swing flex shorts.
    Less than $30 everywhere. They’re a slimmer fit and have plenty of stretch and they have lots of colors.

• HackerD  HackerD Student of the game Members Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

JCrew tech shorts are nylon. Any issues with them being noisy when you walk like nylon pants will do?

Ping G30 12°
    Adams Tight Lies Ti 3w
    Cally X2 Hot 3-4H
    Mizuno JPX-850 5-GW
    Vokey SM 54.14
    Cally MD PM 58.10
    SC Studio Select Newport 2
  • bellkenbellken Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭✭

@eyeeye said:
    Wow. Nobody mentioned Uniqlo yet?? Uniqlo Kando shorts are really good. I'm slim and 5'8" and they fit very well.

On sale, now, for $15. Uniqlo Kando shorts sizing doesn't work for everyone - small, medium, large, xl. If you aren't familar with their sizing, they do have a size chart, which has the garment measurements.

@HackerD said:
    JCrew tech shorts are nylon. Any issues with them being noisy when you walk like nylon pants will do?

I have no issues with them being noisy.

Ping G400 LST AD-DI 7x
    Odyssey O-Works 1w

@bellken said:

@eyeeye said:

On sale, now, for $15. Uniqlo Kando shorts sizing doesn't work for everyone - small, medium, large, xl. If you aren't familar with their sizing, they do have a size chart, which has the garment measurements.

Do you find that the Uniqlo shorts run true to size or smaller?

Ping G400 LST AD-DI 7x
    Odyssey O-Works 1w

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file