Cobra King forged CB/MB

13567
7

Comments

  • arobbins3arobbins3 MichiganMembers  163WRX Points: 102Handicap: 3.5Posts: 163 Fairways
    Joined:  #62

    Been wavering on these for some time now. I have hit both the 2016 and the 2019 versions. Best looking iron in golf, IMO. Feel and performance is solid. I'm left handed so my options are slim to pretty much none in terms of any hope of finding a used set. Would be coming from a set of VR Pro combos.

    Posted:

    Cobra SZ (9.5°) - Tour AD-DI 6s
    Cobra SZ (14.5°) - Atmos Blue 7s
    Titleist T-MB (3) - Modus 105s
    Miura Y-Grind Blades (4-PW) - Modus 105s
    Titleist Vokey SM8 (50-54-60°)
    Scotty Cameron 2020 Special Select Newport 2

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • BearQBearQ Members  3667WRX Points: 855Posts: 3,667 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #63

    On -, @firstbatch said:

    I did happen upon a ‘19 mb gap wedge (50 deg) at golf galaxay used rack which was like new for $45. Been comparing it against my 50 deg ping stealth which has been money. So far it’s virtually identical except it seems like the compact cobra gets thru the ruff a little easier. So Zprime got me thinking maybe pick up some mb’s in 8-pw and build a back up set 😁

    **** I thought I was the only playing the Gap MB lol. My 25% Black Friday custom order was a steal but $40...Well done mate

    Posted:



  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX  2968WRX Points: 476Handicap: 7.6Posts: 2,968 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #64

    On -, @Golfingfanatic said:

    On -, @dmeeksDC said:

    On -, @Golfingfanatic said:

    On -, @cadman88 said:

    Those are the older version with no tungsten weight in the sole.. they had them in black for a while as well as the satin. The 2019 version is not being offered in satin as of yet.

    Still an ok deal I'd say. They have some tungsten in the toe, but none in the sole. That's the only difference. KBS shafts has me more worried. Bent tips are still a thing, aren't they?

    No, they really aren’t a thing. Have personally never had one bend. An urban legend borne of someone saying some CTaper tips bent years ago. Probably someone who likes a competitor’s shaft. Tons of pro golfers play KBS shafts. And any tip could bend if you slam it into something hard enough. I have seen Project X and DG shafts with bent tips. Bad golfers do break things. But the notion that KBS has a design flaw that causes them to bend easily is completely false.

    There are quite a few threads on WRX about KBS shafts bending. A bit more than an urban legend I'd say.

    Oh I know. Not arguing that. But wrxers also create many urban legends and then perpetuate them for years. A bent tip does not mean it can only have one cause. I don’t doubt tips have bent, but I do think it is anecdotal and I also think if it did happen, it was a batch or a correctable supply issue, not a reason to avoid the C Taper shaft forever (which is almost always the ‘problem’ KBS shaft cited, not the Tour or $ Taper.) I’ve played so many of them and had them pulled to put in new heads and none have bent. Who can attribute a bent tip to absolutely, definitely a flaw? Also could be operator error. It is possible to bend the tip of any shaft if you slam it into the ground hard enough.
    There are plenty of pros on every tour playing KBS shafts, so they’re clearly not seeing any issue with the tips and if there were problems, they would not play them. That is stronger evidence to me, so all I am saying is I would not avoid KBS shafts due to posts on golfwrx. It is basically the internet of golf. A lot of information and misinformation, so you always need to see for yourself. The $Taper is an excellent shaft and for my game has been a great one, just like DG 120 and PX Rifles and the Nippon 125. I’m no loyalist when it comes to golf shafts!

    Posted:
    Ping G30 SFT driver, 10 degree, Oban Kiyoshi HB 75 stiff
    Cobra F9 Speedback, 14.5 degree, Fujikura Atmos Blue 7S
    Callaway Epic Flash, 17 degree, HzRDUS Smoke 70 stiff
    Callaway Rogue, 21 degree, Diamana BF 80 stiff
    TaylorMade GAPR Hi 24, KBS TGI 80 stiff

    Srixon z765 (5-7(, z965 (8-P) Fujikura 95i TS stiff
    Callaway MD4 50 S grind, 54 W grind
    Ben Hogan Ft. Worth TK 58
    Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line putter w/Pure grip
  • NRJyzrNRJyzr Minnesota, USAMembers  7291WRX Points: 1,355Handicap: 7Posts: 7,291 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #65

    On -, @dmeeksDC said:

    There are plenty of pros on every tour playing KBS shafts, so they’re clearly not seeing any issue with the tips and if there were problems, they would not play them.

    This is somewhat ironic considering the recent story of Stricker at The Memorial, and his KBS Prototype shafts. :)

    Posted:
    The Ever Changing Bag!

    Driver: Orlimar persimmon, Dynamic S, 43.5"
    3w:  Orlimar persimmon, Dynamic S, 42.5"
    2i:  Mizuno Pro, DGS300
    3-PW:  Mizuno MP-37, DGS300
    GW:  Dynacraft forged 52*, DGS400
    SW:  Wilson Staff PMP 58*
    Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35"
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Professional, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar, Snell MTB Black, Vice Pro Lime... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time

    Sometimes carry 1-SW Golden Ram Tour Grinds w/Dynamic S or 1-SW Golden Ram TW282, Precision 6.5
    On occasion, Ram 1i or Mizuno 2i replaced with Orlimar persimmon 4w, Dynamic S

    Driver Substitutes: Golden Ram TW801, TW802, or TW805
  • hartrick11hartrick11 San DiegoMembers  90WRX Points: 48Handicap: 7Posts: 90 Fairways
    Joined:  #66

    I went all CB with the $tapers 5-gw, felt like I needed any help I could get even if marginal and/or placebo. The lower CG and wider sole is more forgiving to my mind at least! Best looking irons around IMO, and the finish is really durable. I am 25 rounds in with them and they still clean up looking close to new.

    I also added a forged tec black 4 iron and this set is going to stick for a long time.

    Posted:

    Driver: Epic Flash SZ, Ventus Blue
    3w: Epic Flash SZ, Atmos Black
    Hybrid: 818 H2, Tensei White
    Irons: King Forged CB, KBS $ Taper
    Wedges: SM7 54S, 58M
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood

  • BearQBearQ Members  3667WRX Points: 855Posts: 3,667 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #67

    On -, @dmeeksDC it’s not an urban legend lol. Kbs c taper is bent tips problems for sure. 1000s of user accounts, my personal experience and our golf shop 95% c tapers sets that are pulled at least one shaft is bent. It’s not user error, it’s not installation error, they have been flawed.
    Posted:



  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • KeithM38KeithM38 Members  623WRX Points: 125Posts: 623 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #68

    On -, @cadman88 said:

    I'm thinking either a full set of Cobra MB's or a set of the Ping Blueprints. I've only hit the Cobra's but I was very impressed with them.

    I think you might be disappointed when you hit the Blueprints. I hit them against the TWs, the TWs are harder than the cobras and the Blueprints I feel are way harder than the TWs. I could very much tolerate the TWs but no way would I buy the Pings.

    Posted:
    Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
    Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
    Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
    Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
    Byron Morgan 006 GSS
  • smithy23smithy23 UKMembers  75WRX Points: 63Handicap: 10.9Posts: 75 Fairways
    Joined:  #69

    On -, @QuigleyDU said:

    On -, @giogolf said:

    I hate that i got involved in this thread.. Now I want a set of Cobra CB

    jump off the bridge with me...

    I may join you on the bridge .....

    Posted:
      Bag 1                                                                     Bag 2        

     Cobra Speedzone 9* Ventus Black 6X              ST190G 9* Atmos TS 6X 
     Callaway Mavrik 4wd 16.5* Oban Isawa            TM UDI 17* Tour AD-DI 
     Adams Super 9031 20* Diamana S                    Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* Oban Isawa
     HMB 5-6 TT X100 White AMT                           JPX 900 Tour 4-PW C Taper Lite X
     MMC 7-PW TT X100 White AMT                       TM HiToe 52/57 
    Callaway Jaws 52 / 58 S300                              TM Spider X Copper
    Evnroll ER1
    TP5




    Set of Vapor Pro Blades as Backup Slightly Tweaked! 
  • tgoodspe1991tgoodspe1991 New EnglandMembers  1148WRX Points: 400Handicap: +2.8Posts: 1,148 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #70

    On -, @KeithM38 said:

    On -, @cadman88 said:

    I'm thinking either a full set of Cobra MB's or a set of the Ping Blueprints. I've only hit the Cobra's but I was very impressed with them.

    I think you might be disappointed when you hit the Blueprints. I hit them against the TWs, the TWs are harder than the cobras and the Blueprints I feel are way harder than the TWs. I could very much tolerate the TWs but no way would I buy the Pings.

    I've been hearing this regarding the Blueprints. So disappointing to hear... I have been anxiously awaiting PING to release these irons, but was really turned off when I saw the use of "forged" 8620 carbon steel... Also, their price with any sort of upcharge shaft is Miura level. I might one day try the Blueprints, but I am very hesitant to pull the trigger on a $2,000+ set of irons that don't even feel that good when struck.

    However, I disagree with some above posters saying the Cobra MB's feel hard. I was hitting them yesterday with C-Taper 120 stiff shafts, and it literally felt like hitting a marshmallow. Incredibly soft and solid feel (to me).

    Posted:
    “Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same
    time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
    - Arnold Palmer
  • Big BenBig Ben Members  9350WRX Points: 518Handicap: 5Posts: 9,350 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Jun 5, 2019 #71

    Every attempt Ping has made at a forged iron has been clicky. I’m not surprised to hear the Blueprints feel this way. The Cobras are as good if not better than anything out there. Im a huge Ping fan just not a fan of there forged efforts.
    YMMV

    Posted:
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members  10334WRX Points: 3,534Handicap: 8Posts: 10,334 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #72

    On -, @tgoodspe1991 said:

    On -, @KeithM38 said:

    On -, @cadman88 said:

    I'm thinking either a full set of Cobra MB's or a set of the Ping Blueprints. I've only hit the Cobra's but I was very impressed with them.

    I think you might be disappointed when you hit the Blueprints. I hit them against the TWs, the TWs are harder than the cobras and the Blueprints I feel are way harder than the TWs. I could very much tolerate the TWs but no way would I buy the Pings.

    I've been hearing this regarding the Blueprints. So disappointing to hear... I have been anxiously awaiting PING to release these irons, but was really turned off when I saw the use of "forged" 8620 carbon steel... Also, their price with any sort of upcharge shaft is Miura level. I might one day try the Blueprints, but I am very hesitant to pull the trigger on a $2,000+ set of irons that don't even feel that good when struck.

    However, I disagree with some above posters saying the Cobra MB's feel hard. I was hitting them yesterday with C-Taper 120 stiff shafts, and it literally felt like hitting a marshmallow. Incredibly soft and solid feel (to me).

    I didn't think the blueprints felt hard and solid strikes. I just think that with it being pretty small your margin for error is also very small. I am also not a fan of the DG 120 shaft. I think that is also contributing to a less than stellar feel. With a decent shaft and middle strike, they feel as good as anything out there. They feel the exact same as anything forged out of 1020. 8620 and 1020 are the exact same on a hardness scale so you wouldnt be able to tell the difference.

    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • tgoodspe1991tgoodspe1991 New EnglandMembers  1148WRX Points: 400Handicap: +2.8Posts: 1,148 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #73

    On -, @QuigleyDU said:

    On -, @tgoodspe1991 said:

    On -, @KeithM38 said:

    On -, @cadman88 said:

    I'm thinking either a full set of Cobra MB's or a set of the Ping Blueprints. I've only hit the Cobra's but I was very impressed with them.

    I think you might be disappointed when you hit the Blueprints. I hit them against the TWs, the TWs are harder than the cobras and the Blueprints I feel are way harder than the TWs. I could very much tolerate the TWs but no way would I buy the Pings.

    I've been hearing this regarding the Blueprints. So disappointing to hear... I have been anxiously awaiting PING to release these irons, but was really turned off when I saw the use of "forged" 8620 carbon steel... Also, their price with any sort of upcharge shaft is Miura level. I might one day try the Blueprints, but I am very hesitant to pull the trigger on a $2,000+ set of irons that don't even feel that good when struck.

    However, I disagree with some above posters saying the Cobra MB's feel hard. I was hitting them yesterday with C-Taper 120 stiff shafts, and it literally felt like hitting a marshmallow. Incredibly soft and solid feel (to me).

    I didn't think the blueprints felt hard and solid strikes. I just think that with it being pretty small your margin for error is also very small. I am also not a fan of the DG 120 shaft. I think that is also contributing to a less than stellar feel. With a decent shaft and middle strike, they feel as good as anything out there. They feel the exact same as anything forged out of 1020. 8620 and 1020 are the exact same on a hardness scale so you wouldnt be able to tell the difference.

    They are? I thought I read 8620 is harder and more durable which is why most OEM's use it in wedges, and I'm sure why PING uses it as they are known for their durability.

    Posted:
    “Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same
    time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
    - Arnold Palmer
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members  10334WRX Points: 3,534Handicap: 8Posts: 10,334 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #74

    On -, @tgoodspe1991 said:

    On -, @QuigleyDU said:

    On -, @tgoodspe1991 said:

    On -, @KeithM38 said:

    On -, @cadman88 said:

    I'm thinking either a full set of Cobra MB's or a set of the Ping Blueprints. I've only hit the Cobra's but I was very impressed with them.

    I think you might be disappointed when you hit the Blueprints. I hit them against the TWs, the TWs are harder than the cobras and the Blueprints I feel are way harder than the TWs. I could very much tolerate the TWs but no way would I buy the Pings.

    I've been hearing this regarding the Blueprints. So disappointing to hear... I have been anxiously awaiting PING to release these irons, but was really turned off when I saw the use of "forged" 8620 carbon steel... Also, their price with any sort of upcharge shaft is Miura level. I might one day try the Blueprints, but I am very hesitant to pull the trigger on a $2,000+ set of irons that don't even feel that good when struck.

    However, I disagree with some above posters saying the Cobra MB's feel hard. I was hitting them yesterday with C-Taper 120 stiff shafts, and it literally felt like hitting a marshmallow. Incredibly soft and solid feel (to me).

    I didn't think the blueprints felt hard and solid strikes. I just think that with it being pretty small your margin for error is also very small. I am also not a fan of the DG 120 shaft. I think that is also contributing to a less than stellar feel. With a decent shaft and middle strike, they feel as good as anything out there. They feel the exact same as anything forged out of 1020. 8620 and 1020 are the exact same on a hardness scale so you wouldnt be able to tell the difference.

    They are? I thought I read 8620 is harder and more durable which is why most OEM's use it in wedges, and I'm sure why PING uses it as they are known for their durability.

    not harder, just more wear resistant due to additional alloys.

    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • WardonationWardonation Members  1595WRX Points: 198Handicap: +2.8Posts: 1,595 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #75

    SO I went Cobra MB's but they had the arrcos in the grip, so I regripped them and swing wieght fell down to D0.5... Now these irons are laed taped as I am not a fan of tip weights of more than a couple gram...

    Posted:
  • tgoodspe1991tgoodspe1991 New EnglandMembers  1148WRX Points: 400Handicap: +2.8Posts: 1,148 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #76

    On -, @Wardonation said:

    SO I went Cobra MB's but they had the arrcos in the grip, so I regripped them and swing wieght fell down to D0.5... Now these irons are laed taped as I am not a fan of tip weights of more than a couple gram...

    Yeah the Cobra Arrcos grips at .25" in length. If you regrip them then you're going to lose that length and lose swing weight. Best to order straight from Cobra without those grips because they will then properly adjust everything.

    Posted:
    “Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same
    time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
    - Arnold Palmer
  • cadman88cadman88 Advanced Member Buffalo / Rochester, NYMembers  2463WRX Points: 189Handicap: November thru April in NY..Posts: 2,463 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Jun 5, 2019 #77

    On -, @Wardonation said:

    SO I went Cobra MB's but they had the arrcos in the grip, so I regripped them and swing wieght fell down to D0.5... Now these irons are laed taped as I am not a fan of tip weights of more than a couple gram...

    I see on their website that the Steel Length specs w/Connect grip are +1/4" longer than those without them. I noticed that their 5 iron is 38.25" / 38.50" @ D2... now I'm thinking of ordering mine without the connect grip so that if I want to change out my grips later I won't have the swing weight issues you have. Thoughts..?

    EDIT.. I see post above states same..

    Posted:
    • Taylormade M6 Tour Issue 10.5°, Tensei CK Blue 60x
    • Taylormade M6 3+/14°, Tensei CK Blue 70x 
    • Taylormade M6 Rescue 19°, Tensei CK Blue 80HYx 
    • Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW, DG AMT Tour White S300
    • Titleist SM7 50°-12° F, Vokey Wedge
    • Titleist SM7 54°-14° F, Vokey Wedge
    • Titleist SM7 60°-14° K, Vokey Wedge
    • Scotty Cameron GoLo 3 35"
          


  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • tgoodspe1991tgoodspe1991 New EnglandMembers  1148WRX Points: 400Handicap: +2.8Posts: 1,148 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #78

    On -, @cadman88 said:

    On -, @Wardonation said:

    SO I went Cobra MB's but they had the arrcos in the grip, so I regripped them and swing wieght fell down to D0.5... Now these irons are laed taped as I am not a fan of tip weights of more than a couple gram...

    I see on their website that the Steel Length specs w/Connect grip are +1/4" longer than those without them. I noticed that their 5 iron is 38.25" / 38.50" @ D2... now I'm thinking of ordering mine without the connect grip so that if I want to change out my grips later I won't have the swing weight issues you have. Thoughts..?

    EDIT.. I see post above states same..

    Definitely order it without the Cobra Connect grip. You'll get the club swing weighted properly and can exchange grips freely without worrying.

    Posted:
    “Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same
    time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
    - Arnold Palmer
  • cadman88cadman88 Advanced Member Buffalo / Rochester, NYMembers  2463WRX Points: 189Handicap: November thru April in NY..Posts: 2,463 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #79

    On -, @tgoodspe1991 said:

    On -, @cadman88 said:

    On -, @Wardonation said:

    SO I went Cobra MB's but they had the arrcos in the grip, so I regripped them and swing wieght fell down to D0.5... Now these irons are laed taped as I am not a fan of tip weights of more than a couple gram...

    I see on their website that the Steel Length specs w/Connect grip are +1/4" longer than those without them. I noticed that their 5 iron is 38.25" / 38.50" @ D2... now I'm thinking of ordering mine without the connect grip so that if I want to change out my grips later I won't have the swing weight issues you have. Thoughts..?

    EDIT.. I see post above states same..

    Definitely order it without the Cobra Connect grip. You'll get the club swing weighted properly and can exchange grips freely without worrying.

    Certainly makes the most sense to me.. thanks..!

    Posted:
    • Taylormade M6 Tour Issue 10.5°, Tensei CK Blue 60x
    • Taylormade M6 3+/14°, Tensei CK Blue 70x 
    • Taylormade M6 Rescue 19°, Tensei CK Blue 80HYx 
    • Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW, DG AMT Tour White S300
    • Titleist SM7 50°-12° F, Vokey Wedge
    • Titleist SM7 54°-14° F, Vokey Wedge
    • Titleist SM7 60°-14° K, Vokey Wedge
    • Scotty Cameron GoLo 3 35"
          


  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members  10334WRX Points: 3,534Handicap: 8Posts: 10,334 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #80

    I really like these cobras but, I have to wait and see what mizuno comes out with... I just have too.

    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • ZPrimeZPrime Changing Clubs is like better than not changing clubs Members  327WRX Points: 65Handicap: 4Posts: 327 Greens
    Joined:  #81

    Swing weight question. I have CB/MB that had Arrcos and I changed them Midsized. I don’t mind the .25 shorter but will a change in swing weight really make much difference? They feel fine (haven’t played hem yet) but does the altered swing weight effect anything other than how they feel? I’ve never been much of a swing weight guy and just curious to how it effects performance

    Posted:
    Cobra F9 white head 44.75” with Daytona Speeder S.  
    Cobra F9 yellow head 3w Atmos Blue S 
    Mizuno JPX 900 Blue 5W
    19’ P790 PW- 4 Modus Pro Tour 120 S Bent 1 weak
    Vokey Slate Blue 54S, 60M, 64T
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
  • tgoodspe1991tgoodspe1991 New EnglandMembers  1148WRX Points: 400Handicap: +2.8Posts: 1,148 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #82

    On -, @ZPrime said:

    Swing weight question. I have CB/MB that had Arrcos and I changed them Midsized. I don’t mind the .25 shorter but will a change in swing weight really make much difference? They feel fine (haven’t played hem yet) but does the altered swing weight effect anything other than how they feel? I’ve never been much of a swing weight guy and just curious to how it effects performance

    Swingweight will most noticeably change the feel of a golf club when swung because you're changing the balance of the club when measured as a fulcrum. Grip your club normally it feels one way, if you flip it around and grip it with the head in your hands and the grip at the bottom, it feels insanely light. The club weight didn't change, but the balance of where that weight is changed in relation to how you're holding the club.

    Swingweight will also have a very marginal effect on the flex of a shaft, but I don't think that's really not something to be concerned with.

    Posted:
    “Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same
    time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
    - Arnold Palmer
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • arobbins3arobbins3 MichiganMembers  163WRX Points: 102Handicap: 3.5Posts: 163 Fairways
    Joined:  #83

    Well.... I took the jump off the bridge!


    Posted:

    Cobra SZ (9.5°) - Tour AD-DI 6s
    Cobra SZ (14.5°) - Atmos Blue 7s
    Titleist T-MB (3) - Modus 105s
    Miura Y-Grind Blades (4-PW) - Modus 105s
    Titleist Vokey SM8 (50-54-60°)
    Scotty Cameron 2020 Special Select Newport 2

  • TigerInTheWoodsTigerInTheWoods Members  2567WRX Points: 1,629Handicap: 5Posts: 2,567 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #84

    On -, @arobbins3 said:

    Well.... I took the jump off the bridge!


    Look good

    Posted:
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members  10334WRX Points: 3,534Handicap: 8Posts: 10,334 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #85

    On -, @balls_deep said:

    On -, @arobbins3 said:

    Well.... I took the jump off the bridge!


    Look good

    Awesome!!!

    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members  10334WRX Points: 3,534Handicap: 8Posts: 10,334 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #86

    On -, @QuigleyDU said:

    On -, @balls_deep said:

    On -, @arobbins3 said:

    Well.... I took the jump off the bridge!


    Look good

    Awesome!!!

    What shaft? I really want these with the $ tapper.

    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • The_ChampThe_Champ CanadaMembers  32WRX Points: 19Handicap: 2.5Posts: 32 Bunkers
    Joined:  #87

    For those who had the pervious version, how do they compare?

    Posted:
    WITB


    Driver: Taylormade M5 9.0*- Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.5TX
    3 Wood: Taylormade M4 Tour 15.0* - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Red 7X
    Driving iron: Taylormade P790 UDI 18* - UST Recoil 90X

    4iron-AW: Callaway Steelhead Pro CF 17 - Dynamic Gold XP 105S

    56*SS & 60*TS: Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth - Ping Wedge shaft

    Putter: Ping PLD Anser 2- 35 inch- pingman grip 


    Backups

    3 Hybrid: Taylormade M3 rescue 19*- Fujikura Atmos Blue hybrid 8X
    putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Red - Superstroke GT 1.0

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • ldchristopherldchristopher Members  1082WRX Points: 255Handicap: 2.5Posts: 1,082 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #88

    The sole is noticeably thicker in the CBs than the MBs but that's literally the only difference. They both have very small blade lengths, minimal offset, and are a bit more forgiving than a traditional MB or CB that doesn't have any tech in it.

    Posted:
    Driver: Titleist 917 D2 10.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Max 65 stiff
    3 Wood: Titleist 917 F2 13.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Black 80 stiff
    5 Wood: Titleist 917 F2 18˚ w/ Aldila Rogue Black 80 stiff
    Hybrid: Titleist 816H 21˚ w/ Aldila Rogue Max 85 stiff
    Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (4-5 iron) and Tour (6-PW) w/ KBS C-Taper Lite 110 stiff
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey Cold Forged 52°/8° 58°/10°
    Putter: Lajosi Sensor 303SS w/ oil can finish 
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Members  1806WRX Points: 268Handicap: ?Posts: 1,806 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #89

    On -, @The_Champ said:

    For those who had the pervious version, how do they compare?

    Looks wise, the same. Feel wise, a smidge harder because of the tungsten. They are great great irons. Not much was changed. Different stock shaft. The CNC milling on the face might be new feature but don't expect it to last through shots because of obvious wear. Paint scheme is a little new too.

    Posted:
  • arobbins3arobbins3 MichiganMembers  163WRX Points: 102Handicap: 3.5Posts: 163 Fairways
    Joined:  #90

    On -, @QuigleyDU said:

    On -, @QuigleyDU said:

    On -, @balls_deep said:

    On -, @arobbins3 said:

    Well.... I took the jump off the bridge!


    Look good

    Awesome!!!

    What shaft? I really want these with the $ tapper.

    Project X LZ - $ Taper was a close second choice.

    Posted:

    Cobra SZ (9.5°) - Tour AD-DI 6s
    Cobra SZ (14.5°) - Atmos Blue 7s
    Titleist T-MB (3) - Modus 105s
    Miura Y-Grind Blades (4-PW) - Modus 105s
    Titleist Vokey SM8 (50-54-60°)
    Scotty Cameron 2020 Special Select Newport 2

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
7

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.