GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE.

GBB Epic help

neillmacparguy ·  
neillmacparguyneillmacparguy Members  76WRX Points: 75Posts: 76 Fairways

Do you recommend making hosel adjustments or moving the weight to promote a draw or fade?

Posted:

Neill A. MacLeod III
Greenwood, NS
Callaway Epic 9 deg
Callaway Epic Flash 15 deg
Adams Black Super Hybrid 15deg
Miura CB-501 irons
Scotty Cameron Fastback 34”

Comments

• rickdarris2004rickdarris2004 FargoMembers, Paid BST  29WRX Points: 37Handicap: 11Posts: 29 Bunkers

Hosel adjustment only closes or opens the clubface on address. Technically the weight would be more beneficial to the actual swing.

Posted:

Callaway Rogue SZ 9
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
    Callaway Apex 19 4 Hybrid
    Mizuno MPH4 4-PW
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 58
    Scotty Futura 7M

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • gamer247gamer247 Members  1WRX Points: 5Posts: 1 Starters

Draw setting makes club more upright toe in air more. Thus promoting a draw.
    Lower degrees makes face open .5-.75 degrees roughly
    Higher degree closes face about .5- .75 degrees

Gbb epic subzero has 2.5 degree roughly open face with all settings in neutral and stated loft.

Gbb epic has around 1-1.5 open face

I called Callaway for my own settings and advice.

Posted:
  • jbrunkjbrunk Central IllinoisMembers  772WRX Points: 200Handicap: 11Posts: 772 Golden Tee

Thanks for the info and the thread, I’m new the Callaway optifit myself, just picked up a GBB Epic. For you fitters out there, under what conditions would you make a face angle adjustment? To affect the start line? Then use lie angle and weight position to affect side spin, based on...what? OTT delivery = upright/draw setting; inside = flat? Shift the weight to heel for toe strikes, to toe for heel strikes? Just trying to grasp all the factors involved, thanks in advance.

Posted:

Summer 2020 WITB

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5° 1W HZRDUS Smoke 60

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° 3W HZRDUS Smoke 70

Callaway Rogue 19° 5W EvenFlow Blue 75

Callaway Apex 23° 4Hy EvenFlow Black 85H

Callaway X-Forged 4i-7i / Apex MB 7i-AW Modus3 120

Mizuno S18 51.08° 56.10° 60.10°

Bettinardi Studio Stock 28 CS / Byron Morgan Channel Island Starshot CS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.