Hank Haney takes shot at Tiger

Hanks not wrong entirely. But, Tiger did pay his price. Lost sponsors and public approval. He gained those back over time. Hank has the same opportunity. Doubt he has any success. One thing Tiger did correctly. He didn't attack those that went after him like Hank. He owned it and moved on. Hank needs to do the same.

He tried to be outrageous and it backfired. Rightfully so. Own it Hank and move on. Otherwise you're cooked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

> @"mizuno player" said:

> Hanks not wrong entirely. But, Tiger did pay his price. Lost sponsors and public approval. He gained those back over time. Hank has the same opportunity. Doubt he has any success. One thing Tiger did correctly. He didn't attack those that went after him like Hank. He owned it and moved on. Hank needs to do the same.

>

> He tried to be outrageous and it backfired. Rightfully so. Own it Hank and move on. Otherwise you're cooked.

But how dumb is Haney?

I never even heard he said this until he mentioned TW.

But now, not only does Haney insult TW and look like a chihuahua attacking a Rottweiler, he also has millions who actually know about his stupid comment.

• Like 1

I tell you. I have the hardest time picking a side on this one. Can we just roll a grenade into the pile and take care of the twitter trolls , SJWs and Haney ?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Social media and talk radio are dangerous but for different reasons. Social Media let's you post when emotions are high and you throw out a snapshot. Talk radio is just as bad because you talk for hours to try to entertain and sometimes you will say things you shouldn't.

I for one think we as a society are a little overly sensitive. We can't have anyone have their feelings hurt. So if Hank doesn't like the LPGA that is actually ok. It might not be to his employer, a golf radio network. If they don't like it they can let him go, which they likely did. Hank has to accept his fate. It doesn't mean he is a bad guy, or that he is a good guy.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @"mizuno player" said:

> > Hanks not wrong entirely. But, Tiger did pay his price. Lost sponsors and public approval. He gained those back over time. Hank has the same opportunity. Doubt he has any success. One thing Tiger did correctly. He didn't attack those that went after him like Hank. He owned it and moved on. Hank needs to do the same.

> >

> > He tried to be outrageous and it backfired. Rightfully so. Own it Hank and move on. Otherwise you're cooked.

>

> But how dumb is Haney?

>

> I never even heard he said this until he mentioned TW.

>

> But now, not only does Haney insult TW and look like a chihuahua attacking a Rottweiler, he also has millions who actually know about his stupid comment.

>

>

Hank is Very Dumb.... That's my point. Probably didn't come across in writing. He's acting like a complete idiot he doesn't think he did anything wrong.

The " well he did it too. But worse" defense proves how in denial he is.

> @bladehunter said:

> I tell you. I have the hardest time picking a side on this one. Can we just roll a grenade into the pile and take care of the twitter trolls , SJWs and Haney ?

Interesting that the reports on Haney's original comments didn't mention that Haney's co-host was discussing the KLPGA Lee naming convention prior to Hank's "controversial" comments so it was in context with the conversation. He didn't just pick a random common Korean sounding surname.

There is pattern to the way these kind of outrage stories are reported and it often involves the omission of something that gives the comments their proper context this completely changes the meaning and intent.

This episode was fading fast and would have been forgotten soon but he's just poured fuel on the fire with the latest comment, madness.

• Like 1
[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

I've never liked Haney so I'm happy to watch him blabber his way into this mess. But he's especially off-target here because Tiger didn't go out of his way to post, or say, anything about Haney. Tiger was simply asked to comment by a reporter AFTER Haney had already apologized for the radio segment. For Haney to then lash out at Tiger, whose statement was pretty matter-of-fact, is just stupid and defensive.

Titleist TSR3 1w Ventus Red x

Titleist TSR2 3w 5w GD AD DIx

Titleist TSR2 4h 5h GD AD Dix

Titleist T100 6i-9i X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 White Hot OG5

For anybody looking for the exact context, here is it -

**Co-host Steve Johnson: “This week is the 74th U.S. Women’s Open, Hank.”

Haney: “Oh it is? I’m gonna predict a Korean.”

Johnson, laughing: “OK, that’s a pretty safe bet.”

Haney: “I couldn’t name you six players on the LPGA Tour. Maybe I could. Well … I’d go with Lee. If I didn’t have to name a first name, I’d get a bunch of them right.”**

Let's just flip the script real quick and imagine a sport where men, particularly African American men tend to represent a majority of the players. Imagine Erin Andrews or some popular female reporter or sports figure droning on about how she might predict the best 40 yard sprint time for the NFL Combine would be a black guy, etc.

Would nottttt go over well for her. Shouldn't be too different for Haney here.

> @Nachosgrande said:

> Amazing how far we’ve regressed, back to the days when you would go to jail for saying that the earth revolves around the sun. Same thing, you can lose everything for stating a fact.

Exact-LEE

• Like 3

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

One thing that has surprised me is how partitioned some of the golf experts are when it comes to the pro game. HH proved his myopic view with his comments but as a so called expert he should be more prepared to offer a useful comment or admit he knows nothing because he doesn't follow the LPGA. So far he is making Kuchar seem like the PR genius.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @OldTomMorris said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > I tell you. I have the hardest time picking a side on this one. Can we just roll a grenade into the pile and take care of the twitter trolls , SJWs and Haney ?

> >

> > Interesting that the reports on Haney's original comments didn't mention that Haney's co-host was discussing the KLPGA Lee naming convention prior to Hank's "controversial" comments so it was in context with the conversation. He didn't just pick a random common Korean sounding surname.

> >

> > There is pattern to the way these kind of outrage stories are reported and it often involves the omission of something that gives the comments their proper context this completely changes the meaning and intent.

> >

> > This episode was fading fast and would have been forgotten soon but he's just poured fuel on the fire with the latest comment, madness.

>

> I’ll say this and then stop.

>

> I do not agree with any real ( yes real) racism or sexism. Truly Malicious things.

>

> All Haney is guilty of is being a baby boomer with a platform. And he’s on the lower end of the curve for that particular group. And I’m the first to say Haney is an idiot. But the bridge you’d need to build form idiot to racist is 20 miles long.

>

> And the horribly thick irony that’s connected from his words to the winners name plus nick name. It’s jist too much to not mention. The young lady literally has an addendum to her name to differentiate between the more than 10 others with the same name (6). Not just the sir name. The whole name is same as many others. What he said proved to be more correct than anyone could imagine. Why do we have issue with pointing out the Korean domination ? Why do we have issue with pointing out that a lot of the Korean players have the same name ? This world truly has jumped the shark. And it pains me to even remotely defend Haney. His crime was pointing out the obvious with an absolutely true Nostradamus type prediction.

Well said! I thought it was Lee4's tournament but she just didn't bring it. Congrats to 6!

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> For anybody looking for the exact context, here is it -

>

> **Co-host Steve Johnson: “This week is the 74th U.S. Women’s Open, Hank.”

>

> Haney: “Oh it is? I’m gonna predict a Korean.”

>

> Johnson, laughing: “OK, that’s a pretty safe bet.”

>

> Haney: “I couldn’t name you six players on the LPGA Tour. Maybe I could. Well … I’d go with Lee. If I didn’t have to name a first name, I’d get a bunch of them right.”**

>

>

> Let's just flip the script real quick and imagine a sport where men, particularly African American men tend to represent a majority of the players. Imagine Erin Andrews or some popular female reporter or sports figure droning on about how she might predict the best 40 yard sprint time for the NFL Combine would be a black guy, etc.

>

> Would nottttt go over well for her. Shouldn't be too different for Haney here.

How dare you make sense! Seriously and sadly though, some people don’t see anything wrong with your analogy either.

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

> @Nachosgrande said:

> Amazing how far we’ve regressed, back to the days when you would go to jail for saying that the earth revolves around the sun. Same thing, you can lose everything for stating a fact.

Yup and we all know that's how it is.

And that makes Hank even dumber.

Then, you go after Tiger? Tiger Woods?

Tiger get mad a go Larry Wildman, make a few calls and Haney be jockeying the ball picker.

oojm34rh3f7a.png

• Like 1

> @uglande said:

> I've never liked Haney so I'm happy to watch him blabber his way into this mess. But he's especially off-target here because Tiger didn't go out of his way to post, or say, anything about Haney. Tiger was simply asked to comment by a reporter AFTER Haney had already apologized for the radio segment. For Haney to then lash out at Tiger, whose statement was pretty matter-of-fact, is just stupid and defensive.

I was coming to make this same comment. It's not like Tiger went out of his way to take a shot at HH, just responded to a question from a reporter. HH, did, on the other hand, write a book that had some things in it about Tiger, to which he profited handsomely. Tiger never went out of his way to fire anything back publically with that one, this seems like something that Hank should have done the same.

As others have said, had Haney just admitted he knows little or nothing about the LPGA because it's not his focus, this would never have been a story. It's not like it's exactly a secret that he is a PGA Tour guy with the students he has had.

When the internet SJW's attack you should only do 2 things.

1..Do NOT apologize, just keep quiet.

2. Remember to keep quiet and don't add fuel to the fire.

HH screwed up twice....no actually he screwed up 3 or 4 times.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly