2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

TGW ... worst business ever encountered????

maowv

This experience is beyond terrible. It's beyond belief.

Ordered a set of Ping i210 with all my specs. Order confirmation says expected to ship in 5-10 business days. Sounds great. On day 9 I get anxious so I call for a status and told it would "be a while longer" with no date. No I am curious so I call Ping who let's me know the KBS $-Taper shaft is on backorder and my ordered is at a standstill. Ping notified TGW the day after the order was placed but of course TGW never passed that along. So I call TGW to look at options since there is no anticipated shipping date available. Maybe a shaft change? Maybe a different set of clubs? Speak with a Supervisor, nice enough talk.

Next day I call Ping to inquire what shaft options are actually in stock so the order can go forward. Ping tells me that TGW changed the order to build with the KBS C-Taper instead. What? Yep. The "Supervisor" contacts Ping and changes my order without my knowledge or consent. Maybe it's just me but when you're paying for up-charge shafts, there's a reason for that and it is not TGW's call. I shut it down directly to Ping and then back to TGW. The answer for their conduct - "they're similar so we changed it" - Really?

Will never order from TGW again. 2 weeks later I am starting over with no clubs in the works. I still can't believe this happened.

So, Discount Dan's? Any other recommendations?

I just ordered my custom i210's 5/14 from Global Golf (had credit there) and they shipped direct from PING on 5/22. However fedex sat on them in Phoenix for 3 days before they actually moved. Had them in my hands 5/29

Also ordered custom stealth 2.0's from DD's the exact same day. Great price, but they went from PING to DD's first and then to me, but still had them on 5/30.

All shafted with LZ 6.0's, green dot, and some loft adjustment on the wedges.

Cobra F9 TL 10.5 Atmos Black 7x
Cobra F8+ 3/4 &/or 5/6 Tour Blue 85x
Cobra F8 2H Element EarthX &/or Cobra F9 4H PX6.5
Ping I210 5-PW LZ 6.0
Ping Stealth 2.0 50/54/58 LZ 6.0

Some form of a Scotty, Betti, Spider

> @niscur24 said:

> I just ordered my custom i210's 5/14 from Global Golf (had credit there) and they shipped direct from PING on 5/22. However fedex sat on them in Phoenix for 3 days before they actually moved. Had them in my hands 5/29

> Also ordered custom stealth 2.0's from DD's the exact same day. **Great price, but they went from PING to DD's first and then to me,** but still had them on 5/30.

> All shafted with LZ 6.0's, green dot, and some loft adjustment on the wedges.

Its how you get free shipping via DD. If club(s) come directly from OEM you will get charged.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

I’ve ordered multiple times from DD and they come directly from mfg and shipping is free.

King LTD Black CK Tensei Blue S 44”
Titleist 915f 15deg 3w Diamana 70g blue
Cobra King Forged CB ‘19 5-PW UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4i Project X Catalyst 80
Cobra F6 Baffler Rogue Black 70
Ping Glide 2.0  Stealth 50, 54, 58 SS
Kenny Giannini G6

I’ve ordered Ping custom through TGW many times, never with issue and I can’t remember an item not showing up sooner than expected. Sucks your experience was different than mine, I very much enjoy ordering through TGW because of their easy custom ordering system.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

TGW has always been great. Probably the best online golf retailer out there. Just my experience with LOTS of orders.

Edit- slightly off topic, but when custom ordering PING I always go with the local pro shop. Cost will be the same so why not give the local guy some business.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Not related to anything custom, but I'm going through a situation with TGW currently and can't decide what to do.

Ordered a pair of Nike Tour Premiers on 06/03 during one of their "Flash" sales. Order confirmed right away with expected delivery of 06/07. Got an email the next day that they are back ordered and won't ship until 06/13. OK, that stuff happens - it was a great deal and probably a ton of people ordered the color I wanted in size 13. Checked my email on 06/13 to find out they are now back ordered until 06/23. Not what I wanted to hear, but not in a hurry as I have plenty of other shoes. Now just got an email that the earliest they'll ship is 06/28. WTF? I realize **they** can't get stock from Nike, but how the heck long does it take Nike to produce a shipment of shoes? Are there that many of us wearing 13s that prefer the White colorway?

Should I be filing for a refund at this point? This was a credit card transaction, so no PayPal time limit involved, but just don't want to let this go too long. I'd like to try the shoes eventually, but don't want to end up getting hosed on the deal if they never get shipped and too much time passes. I did save 25% (so $150 instead of $200), so hate to pass on the deal, but at this rate I can get them faster if I wait for 2020 shoes to come out and everyone else starts liquidating these 2019s!

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

> @halliedog said:

> Not related to anything custom, but I'm going through a situation with TGW currently and can't decide what to do.

>

> Ordered a pair of Nike Tour Premiers on 06/03 during one of their "Flash" sales. Order confirmed right away with expected delivery of 06/07. Got an email the next day that they are back ordered and won't ship until 06/13. OK, that stuff happens - it was a great deal and probably a ton of people ordered the color I wanted in size 13. Checked my email on 06/13 to find out they are now back ordered until 06/23. Not what I wanted to hear, but not in a hurry as I have plenty of other shoes. Now just got an email that the earliest they'll ship is 06/28. WTF? I realize **they** can't get stock from Nike, but how the heck long does it take Nike to produce a shipment of shoes? Are there that many of us wearing 13s that prefer the White colorway?

>

> Should I be filing for a refund at this point? This was a credit card transaction, so no PayPal time limit involved, but just don't want to let this go too long. I'd like to try the shoes eventually, but don't want to end up getting hosed on the deal if they never get shipped and too much time passes. I did save 25% (so $150 instead of $200), so hate to pass on the deal, but at this rate I can get them faster if I wait for 2020 shoes to come out and everyone else starts liquidating these 2019s!

Thats funny. I'm in the SAME boat. I have a backordered pair of 9.5's of the TP from TGW I got during that 25% off sale.

It says IN STOCK on the website now...but my order still hasnt shipped...

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

> @third-times-a-charm said:

> > @halliedog said:

> > Not related to anything custom, but I'm going through a situation with TGW currently and can't decide what to do.

> >

> > Ordered a pair of Nike Tour Premiers on 06/03 during one of their "Flash" sales. Order confirmed right away with expected delivery of 06/07. Got an email the next day that they are back ordered and won't ship until 06/13. OK, that stuff happens - it was a great deal and probably a ton of people ordered the color I wanted in size 13. Checked my email on 06/13 to find out they are now back ordered until 06/23. Not what I wanted to hear, but not in a hurry as I have plenty of other shoes. Now just got an email that the earliest they'll ship is 06/28. WTF? I realize **they** can't get stock from Nike, but how the heck long does it take Nike to produce a shipment of shoes? Are there that many of us wearing 13s that prefer the White colorway?

> >

> > Should I be filing for a refund at this point? This was a credit card transaction, so no PayPal time limit involved, but just don't want to let this go too long. I'd like to try the shoes eventually, but don't want to end up getting hosed on the deal if they never get shipped and too much time passes. I did save 25% (so $150 instead of $200), so hate to pass on the deal, but at this rate I can get them faster if I wait for 2020 shoes to come out and everyone else starts liquidating these 2019s!

>

> Thats funny. I'm in the SAME boat. I have a backordered pair of 9.5's of the TP from TGW I got during that 25% off sale.

>

> It says IN STOCK on the website now...but my order still hasnt shipped...

Make sure you're selecting the same size and color and take it all the way through to putting it in your cart. According to them, the Black with Silver Swoosh in size 13 were available from the get-go. Apparently the White is more popular in my size?

On a positive note, I got an email today stating my order is "Processed" and I'll be getting tracking updates tomorrow? I ordered a pair of Adidas Tour 360 XT Boost Spikeless from them this past weekend, and they actually showed up today, so good on them!

Sorry again OP for threadjacking you.

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

> @halliedog said:

> > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > > @halliedog said:

> > > Not related to anything custom, but I'm going through a situation with TGW currently and can't decide what to do.

> > >

> > > Ordered a pair of Nike Tour Premiers on 06/03 during one of their "Flash" sales. Order confirmed right away with expected delivery of 06/07. Got an email the next day that they are back ordered and won't ship until 06/13. OK, that stuff happens - it was a great deal and probably a ton of people ordered the color I wanted in size 13. Checked my email on 06/13 to find out they are now back ordered until 06/23. Not what I wanted to hear, but not in a hurry as I have plenty of other shoes. Now just got an email that the earliest they'll ship is 06/28. WTF? I realize **they** can't get stock from Nike, but how the heck long does it take Nike to produce a shipment of shoes? Are there that many of us wearing 13s that prefer the White colorway?

> > >

> > > Should I be filing for a refund at this point? This was a credit card transaction, so no PayPal time limit involved, but just don't want to let this go too long. I'd like to try the shoes eventually, but don't want to end up getting hosed on the deal if they never get shipped and too much time passes. I did save 25% (so $150 instead of $200), so hate to pass on the deal, but at this rate I can get them faster if I wait for 2020 shoes to come out and everyone else starts liquidating these 2019s!

> >

> > Thats funny. I'm in the SAME boat. I have a backordered pair of 9.5's of the TP from TGW I got during that 25% off sale.

> >

> > It says IN STOCK on the website now...but my order still hasnt shipped...

>

> Make sure you're selecting the same size and color and take it all the way through to putting it in your cart. According to them, the Black with Silver Swoosh in size 13 were available from the get-go. Apparently the White is more popular in my size?

>

> On a positive note, I got an email today stating my order is "Processed" and I'll be getting tracking updates tomorrow? I ordered a pair of Adidas Tour 360 XT Boost Spikeless from them this past weekend, and they actually showed up today, so good on them!

>

> Sorry again OP for threadjacking you.

I got tracking last night.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS