GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE.

Central IL Golfers Den

Murphy76 ·  
Murphy76Murphy76 Members  188WRX Points: 231Posts: 188 Fairways

I reside in central IL near Champaign/Urbana. Any other locals wish to chime in on local courses and culture?

Remember, Steve Stricker is our patron saint...... B)

Posted:

Comments

• TheMagicStingerTheMagicStinger Members  889WRX Points: 191Posts: 889 Golden Tee

I'm over in blono. You ever make it this way?

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Murphy76Murphy76 Members  188WRX Points: 231Posts: 188 Fairways

Nope, not yet. any good courses over there?

Posted:
  • TheMagicStingerTheMagicStinger Members  889WRX Points: 191Posts: 889 Golden Tee

Sure, Weibring is solid.

The Den and Prairie Vista are fun as well.

If you ever make it this way on a weekday let me know! I just started playing again so I'm hyper inconsistent... But I'll play.

On -, @Murphy76 said:

Nope, not yet. any good courses over there?
    Posted:
  • cadoipicadoipi Members  111WRX Points: 91Posts: 111 Fairways

For early morning rounds I go to Lake of the Woods, for midday rounds I go to the U of I course, and for afternoons I go to Stone Creek. This is mainly due to when they have special rates. Stone Creek is by far the most interesting/challenging/maintained course of the three, but it is hard to say no to $20 rounds elsewhere. Without a rangefinder the U of I course can be frustrating, since there is no indicator for the depth of the pin location.

Posted:
  • jbrunkjbrunk Central IllinoisMembers  772WRX Points: 200Handicap: 11Posts: 772 Golden Tee

Checking in, I live in Bloomington and spent most of my summer on Ironwood & Weibring (ISU) in Normal. Both very well maintained this season. The new bunkers at ISU are pretty. I would travel to Champaign or Peoria, but there’s plenty here with five quality 18-hole public courses in town.

Posted:

Summer 2020 WITB

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5° 1W HZRDUS Smoke 60

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° 3W HZRDUS Smoke 70

Callaway Rogue 19° 5W EvenFlow Blue 75

Callaway Apex 23° 4Hy EvenFlow Black 85H

Callaway X-Forged 4i-7i / Apex MB 7i-AW Modus3 120

Mizuno S18 51.08° 56.10° 60.10°

Bettinardi Studio Stock 28 CS / Byron Morgan Channel Island Starshot CS

• Murphy76Murphy76 Members  188WRX Points: 231Posts: 188 Fairways

I played Ironhorse in Tuscola a little while ago. Course was in Horrible shape.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • cadoipicadoipi Members  111WRX Points: 91Posts: 111 Fairways

On -, @Murphy76 said:

I played Ironhorse in Tuscola a little while ago. Course was in Horrible shape.

I played there last Monday and I agree, though at least the greens were in decent shape compared to the rest of the course. The course was in better shape in the early summer. I imagine that many of its patrons are involved with agriculture (due to its location), and farmers are likely keeping their purse strings tight this year.

Posted:
  • jmill88jmill88 Members  140WRX Points: 48Handicap: 6.0Posts: 140 Fairways

I used to live in Bloomington and loved playing Prairie Vista. It was a great deal back in the day.

Posted:
    Cobra Fly Z Driver
    Taylormade R11 3 Wood
    Titleist 816 H1 Hybrid 19 degree
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW
    Vokey SM5 52
    Vokey SM6 56
    Vokey SM4 60
    Odyssey Versa Works Sabertooth

I'm in Bloomington too. would you be up for a weekday round when the weather turns? did the bunker work wrap up at weibring? I can't wait to get back there.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.