How do I see who has hit the “Like” on my posts?

Best Answers

Answers

• GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,778 admin

Reactions have been made anonymous due to user feedback.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • boggymanboggyman Members Posts: 2,628 ✭✭

Thanks. > @Gxgolfer said:

Reactions have been made anonymous due to user feedback.

• ballpilotballpilot Members Posts: 12 ✭✭

I can see "likes", either on forum or on profile page. On profile page click on "like" icon which shows a string of liked posts and by hovering on the "like" button up pops the guilty party.
    Or the forum, just hover over the like button and presto! A screen shot...!

• GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,778 admin

That feature may not be available soon

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    BST AD Help
  • boggymanboggyman Members Posts: 2,628 ✭✭

Why is that? I can can see now after a few posts above who has hit “Like” on my post. > @Gxgolfer said:

That feature may not be available soon

To see reactions is a global parameter to all reactions and people are afraid of retaliation.

BST AD Help
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers Posts: 5,897 ✭✭

@Mitchell said:
    Since can't be seen🙊, liked @Hawkeye77 post above👍

Really ? Hover your mouse over the 1 "Like" you gave him. LOL

Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Tour Spider Silver (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX

@Hawkeye77 said:

@Gxgolfer said:
    To see reactions is a global parameter to all reactions and people are afraid of retaliation.

What?

Seems like making reactions anonymous removes a pretty much needed level of accountability in the instance of the negative feedback, and removes a level of camaraderie in knowing who appreciates or is interested, etc. Never been an issue.

I'd just remove altogether if now it's anonymous, but can't believe there is any overwhelming desire to have them anonymous. Certainly nothing to be afraid of if you are posting responsibly.

Maybe I can translate ?

IIRC the old board only showed "Likes".

This board however, hovering over "Flag", "Disagree" AND "Likes" shows who did what (or at the very least a partial list).

For "Likes", it's "interesting"(?). For "Disagree" and "Flag" it could prove rather contentious/uncomfortable and may invite "retaliation".

Sounds to me like Gx is saying the settings to show who did what are global, that is, you can see ALL of those fields,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or NONE of them,,,,,,,,,,,,, just my take.

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Open Championship! IowaClubWRX Posts: 18,066 ClubWRX

@Mitchell said:

LOL!

• Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Open Championship! IowaClubWRX Posts: 18,066 ClubWRX

I understood it, just don't agree with throwing out something that has worked fine because they decided to introduce this "disagree" thing and the flags instead of just a version of the old report button. Should just figure out how to get rid of what doesn't work - thought that was part of the process with the interminable changeover. Anyway, I'm sure someone from the site will elaborate.

@Hawkeye77 said:
    I understood it, just don't agree with throwing out something that has worked fine because they decided to introduce this "disagree" thing and the flags instead of just a version of the old report button. Should just figure out how to get rid of what doesn't work - thought that was part of the process with the interminable changeover. Anyway, I'm sure someone from the site will elaborate.

I guess they could delete the "Disagree" button but they can't do away with the "Flag" button - that is how one reports a post that violates,,,,,,,,,,,,, whatever - and if the hovering shows names for one, one has to assume it shows for all (global).

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Titleist AVX
  • JAMH03JAMH03 Members Posts: 809 ✭✭

@Mitchell said:

Same

@nsxguy said:

@Hawkeye77 said:

I guess they could delete the "Disagree" button but they can't do away with the "Flag" button - that is how one reports a post that violates,,,,,,,,,,,,, whatever - and if the hovering shows names for one, one has to assume it shows for all (global).

As I said, perhaps someone from the site will provide an answer.

@Gxgolfer said:

We are checking more into it.

BST AD Help
  • HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North TexasMembers Posts: 6,507 ✭✭
    edited Jun 10, 2019 3:47pm #20

@Gxgolfer said:

Retaliation for liked posts?
    Get rid of the disagree button.
    Sometimes when someone replies to me and give me info, I give them a like instead of replying back.

< edit >
    I got wound up and replied without seeing all the ensuing discussion. :)

Oh, and I like how we used to get a notification when we received a like...again, helpful when addressing a particular person and know that they appreciated the reply.

• JeffreySpicoliJeffreySpicoli Members Posts: 1,795 ✭✭

Mods, if you want an example of taking the Disagree button to an extreme, check out ProGoLow’s 800+ disagrees he’s put on my posts in the last 24 hours.

I’m impressed that someone has the time to spend a day going through thousands of clicks to find all the posts and hit so many Disagree links!

• atj5206atj5206 Newport Beach, CAMembers Posts: 66 ✭✭

@Gxgolfer
    Are there any plans to import "likes" from the old site? Sure would be nice.

TaylorMade M4 10.5* - AD DI 6S
    TaylorMade M2 16.5* - Diamana BF 70g
    Titleist 812 H2 19* - Fujikura Atmos Blue 8S
    Cobra 3/4 Utility Iron - C-Taper Lite
    5-GW Cobra Forged Tec Black - Nippon NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105
    Miura wedges 55, 59 - Nippon 120
    34" 2014 Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,028 ✭✭

@HitEmTrue said:

@Gxgolfer said:

Retaliation for liked posts?
    Get rid of the disagree button.
    Sometimes when someone replies to me and give me info, I give them a like instead of replying back.

< edit >
    I got wound up and replied without seeing all the ensuing discussion. :)

Oh, and I like how we used to get a notification when we received a like...again, helpful when addressing a particular person and know that they appreciated the reply.

Agree with that. Just do away with the disagree button altogether. This anonymous nonsense has bred a rash of a couple posters running around threads just handing out disagrees down the page. For what ? It’s stupid. Yes. But it’s divisive in my opinion to allow it to be anonymous. This idea of “ retribution “ blows my mind. So a person can stay out of the conversation , add no points of conjecture or points of their disagreement , But can pass out notifications of that disagreement at will anonymously? Allowing no retort of that opinion ? How fragile we have become. .

TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot

• grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,304 ✭✭

@Gxgolfer said:

Really? If somebody is so thinned skinned that they are afraid of retaliation after leaving a dislike vote perhaps those snowflakes should stay offline. It's not for them. Seems the tiny number of troublemakers/whiners here get something changed for their benefit to the detriment of others. If there would be retaliation by a member against a dislke vote WRX would self police like it usually does by members using the report function to inform the mods/management and the correct action would then be taken. This capitulation to the hidden minority seems like a huge move away from that. Good grief.

Moderators can see who reacted to what posts. Members can report harassment and are/have been. Reactions to post are just that reactions. If people want to engage in discourse they can. It’s also their prerogative to engage in the forums in whatever way they feel comfortable with without fear of retribution.

No final decision has been made but we responded to real concerns and issues.

BST AD Help
  • mshillsmshills T-I-G-E-R-S! Fight Tigers, fight dammit, FIGHT FIGHT! Members Posts: 3,853 ✭✭

How exactly could one engage in “retribution” in an online forum?

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg
    TEE E8 Beta 16.5 deg
    Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood
    TEE CB Pro 3h 21 deg
    Titleist 735.CM 4-PW, S300
    Titleist Vokey 54.14, 58.08
    Dave Curry Big Oak custom center shaft
    Custom Eliott carry bag, waxed canvas and leather
  • widow-makerwidow-maker Members Posts: 1,628 ✭✭

I don't think the disagree button is needed at all. We didn't have it before and things worked just fine. If you disagree with something strongly, then post your reasons. That's what a forum is all about. You don't anonymously hide behind a button. Afraid of retribution????? Lame.

• bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,028 ✭✭
    edited Jun 16, 2019 1:51pm #30

@Gxgolfer said:
    Moderators can see who reacted to what posts. Members can report harassment and are/have been. Reactions to post are just that reactions. If people want to engage in discourse they can. It’s also their prerogative to engage in the forums in whatever way they feel comfortable with without fear of retribution.

No final decision has been made but we responded to real concerns and issues.

May I respectfully ask what those concerns where ? Was it simply that the person received a return “ disagree”? I’m puzzled at how that’s considered retribution if it’s two parties who actually “ disagree” ? I’m guessing someone got “the vaporz” over just that ? If so that is the offender I’m speaking of above. No conversation ever , Just loads and loads of disagrees.

I mirror Hawkeyes statements. Seeing who liked what adds a level of Comradery that is a positive thing. It cuts out a lot of “ yea I agree “ posts. And I also think that seeing who disagrees does the same. There are plenty of folks that if they hit that on my post it would give me pause and cause me to evaluate what I said. Also plenty who id just ignore because of a history of butting heads. And then plenty id reply to. But double anonymity adds zero to the Forum. It actually takes away. I watched who hit it on me when we could see it. And rarely was it a person who was in that conversation. Just a hit and run job for fun.

Take that button out altogether. Please. It will cause way more angst and arguments than it will prevent. Participation should be just that. Words. Ideas , etc.

Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 

Just as people stated the need to engage someone who click the disagree button who didn’t post, that already occurred. Threats and harassment.

Reactions are a passionate topic and is a popularity contest but no points are given or taken away for a disagree. Other reactions like Vote down was not enabled. We are also verifying that flag is considered a reaction as well.

BST AD Help

@Gxgolfer said:
    Just as people stated the need to engage someone who click the disagree button who didn’t post, that already occurred. Threats and harassment.

Reactions are a passionate topic and is a popularity contest but no points are given or taken away for a disagree. Other reactions like Vote down was not enabled. We are also verifying that flag is considered a reaction as well.

Sure. I’m just saying that conversely some of us ( or maybe just me ) feel like an anonymous “ disagree” from a person not in the conversation is being used as a form of harassment . There are certainly instances of that described here. By other posters above ^

Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 

If you feel you are being harassed by someone clicking a disagree button, then flag the post as what others have done.

BST AD Help
This discussion has been closed.