Answers

• bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,191Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

If you feel you are being harassed by someone clicking a disagree button, then flag the post as what others have done.

I can do that. But to be honest it irks me so much to “ tattle tell “. You know you guys do not get complaints from me. I do enjoy debate. But I’m not running and telling on folks when I disagree with them.

I guess in short. If both sides feel harassed by the disagree button. , seems like an easy choice to can it. Just my 2 cents. I’ll shut up now as I’m sure I’m not making you happy. Lol. I enjoy this place probably too much. I find a great amount of cathartic release here. And although I’m slow to change , I truly am trying to be open minded with the changes here. And overall I’m very much on board. I just think this One thing is an overall negative for the community . Thanks for listening.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers  6545WRX Points: 660Handicap: 4.4Posts: 6,545 Titanium Tees

i agree to just remove the disagree button in whole. no need for it. also people are abusing it. someone posted elsewhere that one user has been spamming, disagreeing with all his post. has about 1k+ disagree's.

it doesn't matter on the likes if it's not carrying over from the previous layout which seems like a lot of things aren't.

also - you can't view who liked the post on mobile skin.

Posted:
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • mukstermukster A lot can happen in a year. North of the 49thMembers  3726WRX Points: 483Posts: 3,726 Titanium Tees

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

**Reactions have been made anonymous due to user feedback.

I am another user that believes reactions should NOT BE ANONYMOUS. I haven't seen many people in this thread that agree with anonymous reactions.
    Was there a poll that I missed for users to vote on whether they prefer remaining anonymous?

Posted:
    Callaway XR16 driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
    Callaway Epic 3 Wood , Fubuki Z65 shaft
    Mizuno ST180 5 wood,  Tensei CK Blue shaft
    Cobra F8 22* hybrid
    Srixon Z765 5-PW irons
    , KBS Tour V shafts
    Srixon A wedge 51° bent to 50°
    Hogan Equalizer 54* wedge
    Mizuno S18 58* wedge
    Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,191Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees

On -, @mukster said:

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

**Reactions have been made anonymous due to user feedback.

I am another user that believes reactions should NOT BE ANONYMOUS. I haven't seen many people in this thread that agree with anonymous reactions.
    Was there a poll that I missed for users to vote on whether they prefer remaining anonymous?

Anonymous minority is what they are called.

A poll is an exquisite idea. If the majority wants this , I’ll not say another word.

Posted:
  • JeffreySpicoliJeffreySpicoli Members  1957WRX Points: 471Posts: 1,957 Platinum Tees

I’d prefer no Disagree if anonymous. I trust management and Marshals to deal with retaliation, etc.

At the same time, I’m under no illusion that Golfwrx is operated via democratic vote. Nor do I see the benefits of doing so. Management has done well so far. The current concerns are due to a new software platform rather than poor management.

Posted:

On -, @matthewb said:

I’d prefer no Disagree if anonymous. I trust management and Marshals to deal with retaliation, etc.

At the same time, I’m under no illusion that Golfwrx is operated via democratic vote. Nor do I see the benefits of doing so. Management has done well so far. The current concerns are due to a new software platform rather than poor management.

Absolutely agree on all points. But I do feel it’s necessary to speak up when something doesn’t pass the old sniff test . We all want the same thing. For this plac e to remain the best golf spot online. And it is by a large Margin. Let’s dont give up any of that lead by allowing divisive tactics to be anonymous.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6910WRX Points: 1,236Handicap: 3.9-9.3-7.7 (Health issue)Posts: 6,910 Titanium Tees

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @matthewb said:

Absolutely agree on all points. But I do feel it’s necessary to speak up when something doesn’t pass the old sniff test . We all want the same thing. For this plac e to remain the best golf spot online. And it is by a large Margin. Let’s dont give up any of that lead by allowing divisive tactics to be anonymous.

The vast majority of comments about the new board have been complaints that it's not enough like the old board.

The old board has NO "disagree", "abuse", "spam" buttons. ONLY a "report" button to bring a post/poster to a mod's attention. Personally, I fail to see the point of these extraneous buttons.

Posted:
  • HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North TexasMembers  6841WRX Points: 610Posts: 6,841 Titanium Tees

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @matthewb said:

The vast majority of comments about the new board have been complaints that it's not enough like the old board.

The old board has NO "disagree", "abuse", "spam" buttons. ONLY a "report" button to bring a post/poster to a mod's attention. Personally, I fail to see the point of these extraneous buttons.

Giving you a "like" and a +1. Simple solution is to get rid of the disagree, and if someone reports a post to moderators, have no visual cue that has happened.

Posted:
  • duffer987duffer987 Meh... eh Canadian in CaliforniaMembers  9905WRX Points: 1,142Handicap: ~8Posts: 9,905 Titanium Tees

I like 'likes' as a way of thanking someone for a reply, without having to waste the space/post saying thanks. I think a lot of people take it as such and seeing a specific user has 'liked' a reply reinforces the whole idea of their being a back and forth discussion and some identification that useful information has been provided.

As far as disagree, either we can see who does - if for no reason that our own edification - or just get rid of the option. For instance I'm genuinely interested who would disagree with my post in the men/women club comp thread.

TBF no one was asking for a 'disagree' option to begin with, as mentioned above, if someone really doesn't like what someone posts, they can straight up reply.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Conrad1953Conrad1953 Members  15575WRX Points: 4,012Posts: 15,575 Titanium Tees

I agree that "disagrees" should be done away with. They offer nothing
    constructive. "Likes" on the other hand, well I've always looked at Likes
    as little goodwill ambassadors. Since we started with the "Likes" system
    several years back, I think GolfWRX has become a more friendly place.

Posted:

Ping G15 12 Degree Driver w/Pro Launch Blue 65S

Ping G10 15/18/21/24 Degree Hybrids w/Pro Launch Blue HY S

Ping S58 5-P w/Ping AWT R

MAC VIP Forged and Hand Milled 51/55 Degree Wedges

Odyssey White Hot Tour #1

• Duffer222Duffer222 Members  413WRX Points: 50Handicap: 7.6Posts: 413 Greens

If you feel harassed by someone clicking the “dislike” button, maybe you have deeper issues. I mean, really? Are we in kindergarten?

Posted:
    Driver - Cobra F9 10.5 w/ Speeder 661 EVO III
    Fairway - Cobra F9 14.5 w/ Atmos TS 7s blue
    Fairway - Callaway XR Steelhead 5 w/ Atmos TS 7s red
    Hybrid - Mizuno MP CLK-H (Japan only) 24* - TENSEI CK Pro Blue 80h
    Irons - Yamaha ‘15 RMX CB Tour - 5-P w/ Mitsubishi OT 100’s
    Wedge - Titleist Vokey WedgeWorks 54° w/ Mitsubishi OT 100
    Wedge - Titleist Vokey WedgeWorks 60° w/ Mitsubishi OT 100
    Putter - Odyssey EXO 7s 34”
    Ball - Callaway ERC / TaylorMade TP5

Full time walker w/ my SM 3.5 LS on my back
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27126WRX Points: 468Posts: 27,126 Marshals

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @matthewb said:

Can you see if you see any dislikes your posts. Hover over the button.

Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Advertisement
  • HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North TexasMembers  6841WRX Points: 610Posts: 6,841 Titanium Tees

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @matthewb said:

The dislikes are currently anonymous...can see the number of dislikes, but not who made them.

Unfortunately, the dislike button is still visible. :)

Is the system going up and down temporarily right now?

Posted:
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27126WRX Points: 468Posts: 27,126 Marshals

I was told they were not anonymous. Can you provide a screenshot? I just disagree your post.

Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Folks in this thread are complaining that dislikes are anonymous now. The gif is playing back faster than real-time...I hovered over "disagree" long enough for it to appear.

Posted:
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6910WRX Points: 1,236Handicap: 3.9-9.3-7.7 (Health issue)Posts: 6,910 Titanium Tees

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @matthewb said:

You mean "Disagree", yes ?

No, I can no longer see who hit the disagree button on my posts. They USED TO show but do not any longer. "Likes" still show who "liked" one's post.

Posted:
  • duffer987duffer987 Meh... eh Canadian in CaliforniaMembers  9905WRX Points: 1,142Handicap: ~8Posts: 9,905 Titanium Tees

When accessed via the View Profile page, likes show in a list on hover-over, disagrees do not show on hover-over on Firefox 67.0.3:

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MitchellMitchell Members  5681WRX Points: 530Posts: 5,681 Titanium Tees

Maybe I missed the reply due to the input about the disagree button, were the historical likes ratings planned to be restored at some point? I would agree 🙊 with that and definitely agree with

On -, @bladehunter regarding the disagree current dysfunction😁
    Posted:
    Titleist 910d3 9.5* (d4 surefit) Motore Speeder 7.2s
    Titleist 917f2 16.5* (c2 surefit) Motore Speeder 8.1s
    Titleist 819h1 19* (a2 surefit) Motore Speeder hb 8.8s
    Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
    Vokey sm8 raw S 54* s300
    Vokey sm8 raw M 60* s300
    Ping Zing2 BeCu 

On -, @Mitchell said:

Maybe I missed the reply due to the input about the disagree button, were the historical likes ratings planned to be restored at some point? I would agree 🙊 with that and definitely agree with
    On -, @bladehunter regarding the disagree current dysfunction😁

Don't think it's in this thread but management has said they're looking into whether or not they can restore the previous like counts.

Posted:
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21477WRX Points: 5,442Posts: 21,477 ClubWRX

I'd provide a screen shot on the disagree thing but it wouldn't show anything other than it highlights in blue and that's it, really nothing to see. Same in profile.

Posted:
  • legitimategolflegitimategolf Golf hard New York NYUnregistered  4853WRX Points: 827Posts: 4,853 Titanium Tees

I'm glad it's gone. Disagreements are bad, mmmkay?

Posted:
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers  6545WRX Points: 660Handicap: 4.4Posts: 6,545 Titanium Tees

looks like it's gone now - good. can we seperate the facebook and twitter icons from the other three? actually can we just get rid of them?

Posted:
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110

Advertisement
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX  4819WRX Points: 496Posts: 4,819 ClubWRX

On -, @Yanki01 said:

looks like it's gone now - good. can we seperate the facebook and twitter icons from the other three? actually can we just get rid of them?

Disagree being gone completely is great. I can live with the icons ha.

Posted:
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback

On -, @cvhookem63 said:

On -, @Yanki01 said:

Disagree being gone completely is great. I can live with the icons ha.

no kidding. i just hate how it's not fixed to the bottom of the comment box. so out of place.

Posted:
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX  15176WRX Points: 1,236Posts: 15,176 ClubWRX

Did I just see the “disagree” is gone?!

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @deadsolid...shank said:

Did I just see the “disagree” is gone?!

Good. Yes it’s gone.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.