Scott Stallings WITB

edgeratedgerat ClubWRX Posts: 237 ClubWRX

I too play 716 AP2 (honestly the only similarity hehe) and struggle with getting too steep, too much of a divot. I tried Srixon V-sole and didn't care for it as much. I do own a grinder, or two :smile: Just interesting to see someone on tour that gets too steep, and rather than change the swing or whatever, he is making adjustments to the sole to help. Says, Duff has it more than he does too. I know Duff worked with NCW on several sets of irons but went back to his AP2, and had Cobra CB/MB in his bag as recently as a week ago.

Comments

• balls_deepballs_deep Members Posts: 699 ✭✭

I'm kind of surprised he didn't switch to 718.. Honestly the 716 and 714 felt like sledgehammers through the turf compared to the new one. I had the GW and it felt so sticky through the ground it drove me nuts. Nice feels clubs though. I love how none of these guys know what the **** is going on with their equipment or numbers etc etc. Really makes you wonder about this forum haha.

Cobra F9 Speedback 9° Tour Spec Atmos Black 6x
    Titleist 917F2 15.75° Aldila Rogue Black 70s
    Titleist 816H1 20° & 23° Accra FX200H M4
    Ping iBlade 4-PW DGS300
    Vokey SM7 50F 54S 58D DGS200
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 350g 34.5"
    Pro V1x

Currently - 8.7
  • arbeckarbeck SeattleMembers Posts: 403 ✭✭

@balls_deep said:
    I'm kind of surprised he didn't switch to 718.. Honestly the 716 and 714 felt like sledgehammers through the turf compared to the new one. I had the GW and it felt so sticky through the ground it drove me nuts. Nice feels clubs though. I love how none of these guys know what the **** is going on with their equipment or numbers etc etc. Really makes you wonder about this forum haha.

There are a lot of tour pros who know every single detail about their equipment and can recite their trackman delivery numbers for every club in the bag. I'd wager that there is a higher percentage of them on tour compared to guys who don't versus amateurs who do and don't.

Ping Traverse
    King Cobra F7 10.5* w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Blue 60 set at 9.5*
    TEE E8 4W, 7W
    Mizuno JPX-900 Hot Metal 5-SW w/ Veylix Alpina 873
    TEE CB PROs 60*
    Scotty Cameron Squareback
  • balls_deepballs_deep Members Posts: 699 ✭✭

@arbeck said:

@balls_deep said:

There are a lot of tour pros who know every single detail about their equipment and can recite their trackman delivery numbers for every club in the bag. I'd wager that there is a higher percentage of them on tour compared to guys who don't versus amateurs who do and don't.

JTs was the same. I've got friends who play mini tour and don't care about trackman do all of their fitting by visual ballflight and refuse to do fittings inside. I see the merit in launch monitors, being obsessed with shafts and equipment (to a point) but the fact is a great swing can play great golf. Guys shooting in the 90s and obsessing about their torque rating is a bit funny.

Cobra F9 Speedback 9° Tour Spec Atmos Black 6x
    Titleist 917F2 15.75° Aldila Rogue Black 70s
    Titleist 816H1 20° & 23° Accra FX200H M4
    Ping iBlade 4-PW DGS300
    Vokey SM7 50F 54S 58D DGS200
    Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 350g 34.5"
    Pro V1x

Currently - 8.7
  • gwelfgulfergwelfgulfer Members Posts: 45 ✭✭

Really enjoyed that video

Custom Hoofer Lite Bag:
    Driver - Ping G400 Max 9* w/ GD DI 6X
    Woods - TEE E8 Beta 16.5* w/ 85X V2
    Hybrid - Adams Super LSP VST 20* w/ TBD
    Hybrid - Adams Dhy 24* w/ Paderson TS-I 85S
    Irons - Adams MB2 Raw 5-GW w/ DG TI S400
    Wedges - Custom Edel 54* & 58* w/ DG TI S400
    Putter - Yes! Abbie Forged 33" or Odyssey Tank Cruiser V-Line 35"

• Hester65Hester65 Members Posts: 604 ✭✭

He knew some numbers. It didn’t sound like he is tracking his specific attack angle or back spin or path but he did have his carry numbers and he knew his ball height. He took the ap2 4 iron out because he couldn’t get it above 70 feet.

I’m going to take this a step further and play three 6 irons.

There's nothing in the rule book that says you can't play drunk.
  • PlayfromtheBrainPlayfromtheBrain Members Posts: 184 ✭✭

Is it just me, or does Kronos make anyone want a gyro sandwich? I understand its the IT company.

• AppAlumAppAlum Members Posts: 758 ✭✭

@PlayfromtheBrain said:
    Is it just me, or does Kronos make anyone want a gyro sandwich? I understand its the IT company.

If you’re ordering, I’ll take a chicken souvlaki with Greek fries please.