Anyone still playing the Bridgestone B330 S?

bob_fishbob_fish ClubWRX Posts: 57 ✭✭

I recently uncovered a stash of these balls that I had (they are in a blue box with yellow stripes) I have never played them before and am unsure how or why I got them. I played them the other day for the first time and was kind of surprised. They felt pretty firm, but distance wise they rivaled the new ProV1 and the Taylor Made TP5. Just wondering if I am missing something with these or not. They had good feel and spin on green side shots, as well as held their own in the wind.

Thanks for any insight.

Titleist TS2 10.5* Fujikura Ventus
Titleist TS2 15* Fujikura 661
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-gw Project X LZ
Cleveland RTX4 54* & 58*
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

Comments

• spartY84spartY84 Members Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

You're pretty much spot on. They still stack up well with new offerings. The Tour B XS I'm currently playing is softer and has a bit more bite greenside, but I think the 330S might be a tad longer.

• jonsnowjonsnow GeorgiaMembers Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It's a terrific golf ball.

WITB:
    Titleist 910D3 9.5
    Titleist 917F2 15
    Titleist 910H 19
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 50,54,60
    Cameron Newport 2
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

Clubs are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination at any time...
  • monks66monks66 Members Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭

if these are the 2014 model, they were the best model that bridgestone made, they are very hard to find

• MukkyMukky Members Posts: 366 ✭✭
    edited Jul 11, 2019 2:55pm #5

I have 5 dzn of the 2014 B330-s NIB in my basement. Found I like the B330 better and havent touched the B330-s since. Been playing the B330 for a while now. Really like that ball.

• DrudershDrudersh ClubWRX Posts: 2,966 ClubWRX

The 2016 330S is still one of my favorite balls of all time. One of the most well-rounded balls I have ever played. Feels great off of every club including the putter but with enough feedback to know where you struck the ball, plenty of greenside spin and plenty of distance with the longer clubs. I've switched to the 2018 Tour B X as I found the B XS to have too much spin off the irons and driver, but the feel of the B X off the putter and wedges is nowhere near as good as the B330S.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
    Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
    Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • NJgolfer11NJgolfer11 Members Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

I am down to my last 2 sleeves.

It is an excellent ball. It has a real soft feel off the putter and still travels.

I am trying out different balls now. I think the ProV1x so far is winning. I liked the TP5 and Project a, but with a low compression and my high ball height, I do not think it is going to work.

Going to try the new Tour BXS and Tour BX. Srixon XV and the TP5x again. I should then have a clear cut winner going forward.

• James the Hogan FanJames the Hogan Fan Members Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭✭

In Finland stores are still selling the B-330S (the large B version) and I have played it and liked it. Against the Tour B-RXS it seemed a bit firmer and a bit less spinny, but I found myself getting a slightly higher and longer flight with the RXS, so that's what's in the bag now. I think I'll go back to the S when I run out of RXS though.

Golfing in Finland!
    Wilson D300
    W/S Fybrid 3W
    W/S Fybrid 5W
    Hogan Apex 2003 (3-E)
    Mizuno 56
    Maxfli Revolution 60
    Macgregor Jackie Pung Putter #10

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights