How do you answer this eBay question?

grisham ·  
grishamgrisham Members  457WRX Points: 93Posts: 457 Greens

I have something listed on eBay with a buy it now or best offer option. I always get the question “what’s the lowest price you will take?”. What is the best way to answer this?

Posted:

Comments

• JwagsJwags AustraliaMembers  145WRX Points: 87Posts: 145 Fairways

best answer is " I cant buy it and sell it so make me a offer"
    oh another good response is complete silence.

Posted:
    Ping G410+ 10.5 GD ADIZ 7TX
    TM OO Mini driver 13.5  GD Tour ADDI 7X
    Ping Anser 20* GD Tour ADDI 95X
    Titleist 716CB Raw 4-9 TT DG TI X100
    Titleist TI Raw SM7 Vokey 48 TI DG S400 Black
    Titleist TI Raw SM6 Vokey 54/58 TI DG S400 Black 
    Lajosi LP7 Stability shaft
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • KaBoom21KaBoom21 Members  1610WRX Points: 137Posts: 1,610 Platinum Tees

On -, @kdog25 said:

Ask them what’s the most they will pay.

This every time.

Posted:
  • thevaporzthevaporz Members  3323WRX Points: 444Handicap: 13Posts: 3,323 Titanium Tees

Respond with your listed price. And don't hold your breath.

Posted:
  • rjr25rjr25 New HampshireMembers  272WRX Points: 68Handicap: 11Posts: 272 Greens

I always says I don't have a low and make and offer and I will consider, they normally run away but likely not someone I want to deal with anyways

Posted:
    Cobra F9 - 9 degree - Atmos Black TS 6S
    Cobra F6 Baffler 16.5
    Cobra F8 Hybrid 19
    Cobra F8 OL Hybrid 22
    Cobra F7 OL 5&6
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 7-GW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54SS & 58ES
    Evnroll ER2 Midblade 35
  • jschwarbjschwarb Members  872WRX Points: 172Posts: 872 BST Banned

I don't mind questions. Tell them to make what they think is a fair offer and see what happens. If you have settings on your offer that don't allow offers under a certain $ amount, then the lowballers will find out that way.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers  6545WRX Points: 659Handicap: 4.4Posts: 6,545 Titanium Tees

On -, @jschwarb said:

I don't mind questions. Tell them to make what they think is a fair offer and see what happens. If you have settings on your offer that don't allow offers under a certain $ amount, then the lowballers will find out that way.

yup. i haven't sold on ebay in a while but if i have a best offer - i'll do this. then the lowballers will filter themselves out. if they message i'll ask them what's the most they'll pay.

Posted:
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
    714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
    SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
    Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
    WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec
  • Hack31Hack31 Members  39WRX Points: 24Posts: 39 Bunkers

I used to have a very big sports card/memorabilia business on Ebay. Instead of becoming upset and stating your "list" process as your minimum, or the , just make an offer statement, if you want to sell the item as quick as possible, quote them 10-15% over what you would actually take to give yourself room. Most people who ask want the item and what want a little discount off the buy it now price and it only takes you 10 seconds to respond. Just my 2 cent however

Posted:
  • NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members  19528WRX Points: 1,609Posts: 19,528 Titanium Tees

Why not just give them an honest answer? Anytime you list something as "OBO" you have to expect an offer below your baseline price.

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
    Ping Glide 55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
    Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"
  • ShipwreckShipwreck Members  4009WRX Points: 323Handicap: 6.2Posts: 4,009 Titanium Tees

On -, @Nessism said:

Why not just give them an honest answer? Anytime you list something as "OBO" you have to expect an offer below your baseline price.

True, but there’s a difference between a little bit below your baseline and coming in at an insulting lowball offer. I’m all for getting a deal and even working with people when I’m selling something, but I despise the “what’s the lowest you’ll take” questions. We both have a price in mind, but I’m of the old school thinking that he who speaks first loses.

Posted:

Bag as of 14MAY2019
    Driver - Cobra F9 Speedback w/ Evenflow White 76x
    3w - Cobra F8 w/ HZRDS RED 6.5
    Hybrid - Cobra F7 w/ Fuji VTS Silver Stiff
    Irons - Titleist 718 AP2 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 4-9
    Wedges Titleist SM7 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 46/50/54/60
    Putter - Odyssey O-Works #7

• SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members  4002WRX Points: 737Posts: 4,002 Titanium Tees

On -, @Nessism said:

He’s not getting offers. He’s getting a question.

Let me know when you sell your house. We’ll start with “what’s the least you’re willing to take”. ;)

Posted:
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot

Advertisement
  • lookylookitzadamlookylookitzadam SoCalMembers  630WRX Points: 232Handicap: 2.7Posts: 630 Golden Tee

Always respond with "What's the most you are willing to pay?"

Posted:
  • RH82RH82 Alberta, CanadaMembers  2353WRX Points: 241Posts: 2,353 Platinum Tees

Its not that big of a deal.

Posted:

Taylormade M2 (10.5*)

TEE CBX (16.5*)

Callaway Apex (20*)

Srixon Z 785 (4-6) Z-Forged (7-PW)

Cleveland RTX-4 (50*/56*/60*)

Taylormade Spider X

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.