2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Wilson Staff Tour model blade

Sebmour

I have a set, but they arrived VERY light (C8/C9; KBS TGI shafts). A replacement set is being built and I was told they can do no better than D1. I"ll try them at that weight, but will likely reshaft them over the winter to get closer to the D2.5/3 I want.

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

> @Bubbtubbs said:

> > @Sebmour said:

> > Anyone play or tried them?

> >

> > I love the look, love the thru bore shaft and design on the face next to the grooves.

> > Wish I could get a set to test out but Wilson in Canada is pretty inexistant.

> >

> > Cheers,

>

> Golf town.

Not here in the Montreal around...no blades to test out and even less being a lefty.

> @Sebmour said:

> > @Bubbtubbs said:

> > > @Sebmour said:

> > > Anyone play or tried them?

> > >

> > > I love the look, love the thru bore shaft and design on the face next to the grooves.

> > > Wish I could get a set to test out but Wilson in Canada is pretty inexistant.

> > >

> > > Cheers,

> >

> > Golf town.

>

> Not here in the Montreal around...no blades to test out and even less being a lefty.

>

>

That sucks. There's a good number of WS irons at the ones in the GTA when I'm down there, though I don't know if the tour blade is among them since I live a fair distance north and don't visit all that often.

• 2 months later...

> @Bubbtubbs said:

> > @Sebmour said:

> > > @Bubbtubbs said:

> > > > @Sebmour said:

> > > > Anyone play or tried them?

> > > >

> > > > I love the look, love the thru bore shaft and design on the face next to the grooves.

> > > > Wish I could get a set to test out but Wilson in Canada is pretty inexistant.

> > > >

> > > > Cheers,

> > >

> > > Golf town.

> >

> > Not here in the Montreal around...no blades to test out and even less being a lefty.

> >

> >

>

> That sucks. There's a good number of WS irons at the ones in the GTA when I'm down there, though I don't know if the tour blade is among them since I live a fair distance north and don't visit all that often.

Been to several Golftowns in the GTA recently, no Tour Blades, mainly the newer D series, some left over C300's and FG Tour V6. I'd be surprised if you ever saw the Tours on display.

Golf Mart in Paducah, Ky had 2 sets last week. Sweet looking irons. > @Tommyj said:

> > @Bubbtubbs said:

> > > @Sebmour said:

> > > > @Bubbtubbs said:

> > > > > @Sebmour said:

> > > > > Anyone play or tried them?

> > > > >

> > > > > I love the look, love the thru bore shaft and design on the face next to the grooves.

> > > > > Wish I could get a set to test out but Wilson in Canada is pretty inexistant.

> > > > >

> > > > > Cheers,

> > > >

> > > > Golf town.

> > >

> > > Not here in the Montreal around...no blades to test out and even less being a lefty.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That sucks. There's a good number of WS irons at the ones in the GTA when I'm down there, though I don't know if the tour blade is among them since I live a fair distance north and don't visit all that often.

> Been to several Golftowns in the GTA recently, no Tour Blades, mainly the newer D series, some left over C300's and FG Tour V6. I'd be surprised if you ever saw the Tours on display.

>

> @Tommyj said:

> > @Bubbtubbs said:

> > > @Sebmour said:

> > > > @Bubbtubbs said:

> > > > > @Sebmour said:

> > > > >

> > > > > I love the look, love the thru bore shaft and design on the face next to the grooves.

> > > > > Wish I could get a set to test out but Wilson in Canada is pretty inexistant.

> > > > >

> > > > > Cheers,

> > > >

> > > > Golf town.

> > >

> > > Not here in the Montreal around...no blades to test out and even less being a lefty.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That sucks. There's a good number of WS irons at the ones in the GTA when I'm down there, though I don't know if the tour blade is among them since I live a fair distance north and don't visit all that often.

> Been to several Golftowns in the GTA recently, no Tour Blades, mainly the newer D series, some left over C300's and FG Tour V6. I'd be surprised if you ever saw the Tours on display.

>

> @"Big Ben" said:

> Has anybody had a chance to game these bad boys?

Yes.

Ordered them with the KBS TGI 90g shafts. Wilson "tried" to get them to my desired swing weight, but couldn't manage it. I asked for D2 and they arrived D0/0.5 In hindsight I should have ordered them with the 100g shafts, in hopes the heavier graphite would have helped compensate.

Overall, they remind me (at address) of the FG Tour 100's. Not as small as the Apex MB's, Titleist 620's, or Cobra MB's, but still pleasant to the eye.

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

> @Tommyj said:

> > @Bubbtubbs said:

> > > @Sebmour said:

> > > > @Bubbtubbs said:

> > > > > @Sebmour said:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Cheers,

> > > >

> > > > Golf town.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

Local shop here in Niagara has them, or had them. Owner told me something like only 35 sets came to Ontario... or possibly all of Canada?

TM SIM Max 9*  Tensei blue AV 65-S

Mizuno ST180 3w 15* Tensei blue-S

Cobra BioCell 5w 19* Matrix RedTie-S

Ping G30 4h 22* TFC 419-R

Taylormade R-11 5-PW KBS Tour 90-S

Cleveland CBX 52* 58* DG 115-W

Mannkrafted rebar Rattler 

> @Cruisin1966 said:

> > @"Big Ben" said:

> > Has anybody had a chance to game these bad boys?

>

> Yes.

>

> Ordered them with the KBS TGI 90g shafts. Wilson "tried" to get them to my desired swing weight, but couldn't manage it. I asked for D2 and they arrived D0/0.5 In hindsight I should have ordered them with the 100g shafts, in hopes the heavier graphite would have helped compensate.

>

> Overall, they remind me (at address) of the FG Tour 100's. Not as small as the Apex MB's, Titleist 620's, or Cobra MB's, but still pleasant to the eye.

Yes it’s tough with this type of minimal iron design. Not tons of head weight to go around. Nothing a little lead tape can’t resolve! I have a set arriving soon with PX LZ 5.5’s. If they are light I will pull the grips and have my tech tungsten powder and cork them. It’s not practical to do this with graphite however the hole is just too small.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

> @Cruisin1966 said:

> > @"Big Ben" said:

> > Has anybody had a chance to game these bad boys?

>

> Yes.

>

> Ordered them with the KBS TGI 90g shafts. Wilson "tried" to get them to my desired swing weight, but couldn't manage it. I asked for D2 and they arrived D0/0.5 In hindsight I should have ordered them with the 100g shafts, in hopes the heavier graphite would have helped compensate.

>

> Overall, they remind me (at address) of the FG Tour 100's. Not as small as the Apex MB's, Titleist 620's, or Cobra MB's, but still pleasant to the eye.

Was that a result of a specific build or just a result of their design in general?

I'm intrigued by these but the weight sounds a little odd, and admittedly the bore thru design while really cool and unique keeps me away in case I want to tinker.

> @VNutz said:

> > @Cruisin1966 said:

> > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > Has anybody had a chance to game these bad boys?

> >

> > Yes.

> >

> > Ordered them with the KBS TGI 90g shafts. Wilson "tried" to get them to my desired swing weight, but couldn't manage it. I asked for D2 and they arrived D0/0.5 In hindsight I should have ordered them with the 100g shafts, in hopes the heavier graphite would have helped compensate.

> >

> > Overall, they remind me (at address) of the FG Tour 100's. Not as small as the Apex MB's, Titleist 620's, or Cobra MB's, but still pleasant to the eye.

>

> Was that a result of a specific build or just a result of their design in general?

>

> I'm intrigued by these but the weight sounds a little odd, and admittedly the bore thru design while really cool and unique keeps me away in case I want to tinker.

I've found that most of the irons I've had with graphite shafts built by OEM's come in well under my desired swing weight. My Srixon 785's were C7/C8.5, and the Hogan PTxPro's were D0/D1. If I had to guess, I would say it's a combination of head weight and how they were built. I realize it typically takes an extra 1/2" to help with the SW using graphite shafts, but I can't believe a request for D2/D2.5 is so hard to accomplish.

I agree with you on the bore-through. It takes a special builder to be able to deal with that.

Unfortunately I'm one of those guys who can't get over the look of lead tape, so for me, it's not an option I want to pursue.

> @Cruisin1966 said:

> > @VNutz said:

> > > @Cruisin1966 said:

> > > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > > Has anybody had a chance to game these bad boys?

> > >

> > > Yes.

> > >

> > > Ordered them with the KBS TGI 90g shafts. Wilson "tried" to get them to my desired swing weight, but couldn't manage it. I asked for D2 and they arrived D0/0.5 In hindsight I should have ordered them with the 100g shafts, in hopes the heavier graphite would have helped compensate.

> > >

> > > Overall, they remind me (at address) of the FG Tour 100's. Not as small as the Apex MB's, Titleist 620's, or Cobra MB's, but still pleasant to the eye.

> >

> > Was that a result of a specific build or just a result of their design in general?

> >

> > I'm intrigued by these but the weight sounds a little odd, and admittedly the bore thru design while really cool and unique keeps me away in case I want to tinker.

>

> I've found that most of the irons I've had with graphite shafts built by OEM's come in well under my desired swing weight. My Srixon 785's were C7/C8.5, and the Hogan PTxPro's were D0/D1. If I had to guess, I would say it's a combination of head weight and how they were built. I realize it typically takes an extra 1/2" to help with the SW using graphite shafts, but I can't believe a request for D2/D2.5 is so hard to accomplish.

>

> I agree with you on the bore-through. It takes a special builder to be able to deal with that.

>

> Unfortunately I'm one of those guys who can't get over the look of lead tape, so for me, it's not an option I want to pursue.

I hate the look of clubs covered in tape.

> @nuttinbutapeanut said:

> > @Cruisin1966 said:

> > > @VNutz said:

> > > > @Cruisin1966 said:

> > > > > @"Big Ben" said:

> > > > > Has anybody had a chance to game these bad boys?

> > > >

> > > > Yes.

> > > >

> > > > Ordered them with the KBS TGI 90g shafts. Wilson "tried" to get them to my desired swing weight, but couldn't manage it. I asked for D2 and they arrived D0/0.5 In hindsight I should have ordered them with the 100g shafts, in hopes the heavier graphite would have helped compensate.

> > > >

> > > > Overall, they remind me (at address) of the FG Tour 100's. Not as small as the Apex MB's, Titleist 620's, or Cobra MB's, but still pleasant to the eye.

> > >

> > > Was that a result of a specific build or just a result of their design in general?

> > >

> > > I'm intrigued by these but the weight sounds a little odd, and admittedly the bore thru design while really cool and unique keeps me away in case I want to tinker.

> >

> > I've found that most of the irons I've had with graphite shafts built by OEM's come in well under my desired swing weight. My Srixon 785's were C7/C8.5, and the Hogan PTxPro's were D0/D1. If I had to guess, I would say it's a combination of head weight and how they were built. I realize it typically takes an extra 1/2" to help with the SW using graphite shafts, but I can't believe a request for D2/D2.5 is so hard to accomplish.

> >

> > I agree with you on the bore-through. It takes a special builder to be able to deal with that.

> >

> > Unfortunately I'm one of those guys who can't get over the look of lead tape, so for me, it's not an option I want to pursue.

>

> I hate the look of clubs covered in tape.

>

I don't hate lead tape, but it would seem such a shame to cover up these beauties.

You guys are tempting fate with your antipathy towards lead tape, which is the gift of the golf gods to we golfers. Disdain towards its use may curry their disfavor....

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

I bought a set. I really like the feel. I’m an 8. My only real challenge is hitting the 5 iron. There are some sets I have trouble hitting the 5 well - I can hit my MP32s just fine - but the 5 iron in this set is more 50/50(maybe more like 30/70).

They are great through the turf, and the blade size is actually a bit larger than the v4 and v6 so they end up providing a bit more confidence. Let me know if you have other questions. Will try and answer.

Ordered direct from Wilson, +1”, LZ 5.5 shafts 4-PW, gamed two rounds, hit some nice shots so far, flushed a 5 and 6 iron Sunday, so pretty pumped..... they are not daunting, however I gamed the FG62 (DG S120) for a few years prior, did not like the V6 and sold them a year ago. Now have the FG62, new Staff Blade and Ping i210s..no more irons.......

[i][b]In the Bag:[/b][/i]
Driver - Ping 430 Max 10.5 Degree - Tensei 1K 70g  45"

Fairway Woods: Wilson Dynapower (2023) 5 and 7 woods
Irons: 6 - PW trade between Titleist T200 Steel Fiber i110s, and Wilson Staffs +1" - Shafts Project X LZ 5.5
Hybrids: Ping G425 26 degree Titleist TSi2 17 and 23 degree…..Shaft Project X 90 Hyb +1"
PW: Wilson Staff Custom 52 SW: Cleveland CBX Full Face 56 10 bounce
Putter: Jon Rham Limited Naked Rossie 
Ball: Wilson Staff, Pro V or Callaway Chrome Soft
Bag: Datrek 

Cart: Bagboy Quad

Just regripped mine with GP Plus 4 undersize, turned out D2.5-D3 swingweight. I can live with that! The shape and size of these irons is incredible. This is by far the sweetest set of Wilson irons I’ve ever seen. I’m stoked! I know everyone is gaga over the Blueprints but I wouldn’t sleep on these puppies. BB

• Like 1

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

• 2 weeks later...

> @toddba11 said:

> Ordered direct from Wilson, +1”, LZ 5.5 shafts 4-PW, gamed two rounds, hit some nice shots so far, flushed a 5 and 6 iron Sunday, so pretty pumped..... they are not daunting, however I gamed the FG62 (DG S120) for a few years prior, did not like the V6 and sold them a year ago. Now have the FG62, new Staff Blade and Ping i210s..no more irons.......

Which has the more compact head, the FG62s, or the Staff Tours? And what about ball flight?

I have a set of the FG62s with DGS300 and love them. To me, the head is compact, and the ball flight low and penetrating. The profile at address is about perfect as well.

> @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > @toddba11 said:

> > Ordered direct from Wilson, +1”, LZ 5.5 shafts 4-PW, gamed two rounds, hit some nice shots so far, flushed a 5 and 6 iron Sunday, so pretty pumped..... they are not daunting, however I gamed the FG62 (DG S120) for a few years prior, did not like the V6 and sold them a year ago. Now have the FG62, new Staff Blade and Ping i210s..no more irons.......

>

> Which has the more compact head, the FG62s, or the Staff Tours? And what about ball flight?

> I have a set of the FG62s with DGS300 and love them. To me, the head is compact, and the ball flight low and penetrating. The profile at address is about perfect as well.

FG62 are quite a bit smaller.

> @Golfingfanatic said:

> > @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > > @toddba11 said:

> > > Ordered direct from Wilson, +1”, LZ 5.5 shafts 4-PW, gamed two rounds, hit some nice shots so far, flushed a 5 and 6 iron Sunday, so pretty pumped..... they are not daunting, however I gamed the FG62 (DG S120) for a few years prior, did not like the V6 and sold them a year ago. Now have the FG62, new Staff Blade and Ping i210s..no more irons.......

> >

> > Which has the more compact head, the FG62s, or the Staff Tours? And what about ball flight?

> > I have a set of the FG62s with DGS300 and love them. To me, the head is compact, and the ball flight low and penetrating. The profile at address is about perfect as well.

>

> FG62 are quite a bit smaller.

Thanks. Good to know.

I'm not sure if I'll ever get to see these new Tour Blades up close, but I said the same about the FG62s and ended up finding a set.