Where to stay in Kohler

Chanceman ·  
ChancemanChanceman Members  863WRX Points: 244Handicap: 14Posts: 863 Golden Tee

Planning our trip to WI next year and naturally wanting a few days in Kohler to play WS, BWR, The Bull etc. But accomm at the American Club seems over the top for us. What are the other options in the area which would allow us to enjoy ourselves but still have the full golf deal. I am assuming its reasonably easy to get on all the K courses even if not staying in their resort.

Posted:

Comments

• jlg214jlg214 Members  385WRX Points: 90Posts: 385 Greens

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and La Quinta before. Both are close, clean, and cheaper. There are also some options closer to the lake in downtown Sheboygan.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Dr.FrankenputzDr.Frankenputz Members  869WRX Points: 176Handicap: 13Posts: 869 Golden Tee

I stayed at the LaQuinta inn Sheboygan & it was fine, nothing special.
    Inn on Woodlake (part of kohler/American club property) is nice and much cheaper than staying at the American Club. Think they have continental breakfast, also a putting green out back.
    Blue Harbor has some condos if you have a bigger group or family that wants the water park stuff.

Posted:
  • TinkerGolfManTinkerGolfMan Tinker Golf Man Members  1408WRX Points: 256Posts: 1,408 Platinum Tees

Just stayed at Inn on Woodlake, great place!

Posted:
    TaylorMade 2020 SIM 9°, UST Elements F6 Proto, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align Midsize
    NIke Golf Vapor Speed 3 Wood 15°, Diaman RF-Series 60, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.
  • Soxfan21Soxfan21 Chicago South SuburbsMembers  296WRX Points: 47Handicap: 4.5Posts: 296 Greens

My wife and I go up to Kohler every year, and always stay at the Inn on Woodlake. Never had a bad experience there.

Posted:
    In The Bag:

Epic Sub Zero 65 Gram Fujikura Pro
    Epic Sub Zero 80 Gram Aldila rogue
    816 H1 21 degree Motore Speeder 8.8
    716 AP 2 4-PW TT DG AMT S400
    SM6 50, 54, 58 Wedges
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0
  • exgolfproexgolfpro Members  839WRX Points: 152Posts: 839 Golden Tee

Same as last poster, my wife and I stay at Inn on Woodlake every year. Last year, we called Holiday Inn Express in Sheboygan to see how much cheaper they would be than Inn on the Woodlake. For whatever reason they were over $300/night! Inn on the Woodlake is cheaper than that and has free breakfast. And it is good stuff, not just eggs and microwaved bacon. There is also The Market in the mall near Inn on Woodlake that has a very good, inexpensive breakfast made to order. Can usually get 2 eggs, sausage or bacon and toast for about $4.

Posted:
  • Thunder DanThunder Dan Members  1266WRX Points: 112Posts: 1,266 Platinum Tees

don't over think this, stay at Woodlake or American Club.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • cassel191919cassel191919 Members  208WRX Points: 64Posts: 208 Fairways

I went this spring and stayed here https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/33484354?location=Sheboygan, WI, United States&source_impression_id=p3_1560799129_v34HNmG4KBwq4bcM . Large house several rooms and only a few mins from black wolf run and 15 or so mins from the straits.

Posted:
  • TinkerGolfManTinkerGolfMan Tinker Golf Man Members  1408WRX Points: 256Posts: 1,408 Platinum Tees

Inn on Woodlake is decent!
    Short clip of it on my video:

Posted:
    TaylorMade 2020 SIM 9°, UST Elements F6 Proto, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align Midsize
    NIke Golf Vapor Speed 3 Wood 15°, Diaman RF-Series 60, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.
  • ParrotheadgolferParrotheadgolfer Members  67WRX Points: 67Posts: 67 Bunkers

When my wife and I went to Kohler some years back, she did the spas I hit the courses, we stayed at Inn on Woodlake, it was great, had everything we needed, seemed to have the Kohler experience without paying price of the American Club. At that time it was like less that 50% than what rooms were at the AC

Posted:
  • eagle2838eagle2838 Members  218WRX Points: 115Posts: 218 Fairways

Inn on Woodlake sounds like your best bet. I'm not sure I'm as positive on it as others in this thread, but if you're looking for a comfortable bed to use between rounds of golf, it's more than sufficient. There is a small bar there, as well, and a decent place to hang out. Woodlake is not the most luxurious lodging and I'm not sure I'd think of it as vacation resort lodging the way the American Club is, but I'd stay there in a heartbeat for another buddies trip.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik SZ 9*, Diamana BF 60
    Titleist TS3 15*, EvenFlow White 75
    Titleist TS2 HY 19*, EvenFlow White 90
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3i PX 
    Mizuno MP59 4-6 PX
    Mizuno MP69 7-P PX
    Miura New Wedge 51* PX
    Miura K-Grind 56* PX
    Scotty Studio Select NP2 2008 33" / SeeMore X2 Black 33"
    ProV1x

• ChancemanChanceman Members  863WRX Points: 244Handicap: 14Posts: 863 Golden Tee

Just been told that to reserve tee times at Whistling Straits in september/october you must be staying at one of the resort properties. This is because of the Ryder Cup which has increased demand so they can just do it.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.