Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

2019 Titleist T300 irons

Comments

• jdowning111jdowning111 USAFJeffD Omaha, NebraskaMembers Posts: 102 ✭✭✭

T300 appears to have used the same concept of a bridge like Taylormade did with their speed bridge...be interesting to see if Taylormade makes a stink out of this...

• 4ever344ever34 Members Posts: 85 ✭✭✭

All I can think of is sundial.

• gvogelgvogel Members Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@4ever34 said:

If it works, I'll take one in a 6-iron, and take a T200 in a 7-iron and 8-iron. Graphite shafts because I'm old enough.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse
  • mtiger10mtiger10 Members Posts: 274 ✭✭✭✭

I've never played a TItleist club until recent purchase of a hybrid and so far I'm really impressed. Of their new iron offerings, I think this is the club for max distance and forgiveness so I'd like to give it a try.

Ping G30 9* with regular flex TFC 149D
    Titleist 917 F2 16.5* with regular flex Diamana Ltd Blue 70
    Titleist 816 H2 21* with stiff flex Diamana S+ Blue 70
    Taylormade M CGB 4-AW with regular flex Nippon NSPRO840
    Callaway MD3 Milled Black Wide sole wedge 56*
    Odyssey Works #7 Tank Versa with Superstroke

• BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Not a fan whatsoever. Several steps back imo. Go get JPX 919 and MP 19MMC are lightyears ahead of this on the looks category, among others.

Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC 4-P C-Taper 130X (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Mizuno S18 50, 55, 60 C-Taper 130X soft stepped (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Mizuno TP Mills #5
    Titleist Pro V1 X

• BlkNGldBlkNGld Members Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@gvogel said:

@4ever34 said:

If it works, I'll take one in a 6-iron, and take a T200 in a 7-iron and 8-iron. Graphite shafts because I'm old enough.

Yeah, if it works it works, but...
    I can't say if there is some physical reason for the "dial", but IMO they did themselves no favors putting that little black line at the end of the "arm". It just emphasizes that it's a lever or some other indicator. If they'd have simply not put the mark on there, that alone probably would have eliminated at least 1/3 of the negative comments.

• n'playn'play JC Members Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

Just stopped in my local Roger dunn and hit both the T200 and T300.
    T300 AMT Red r300 I have never hit a club that was so forgiving, so long and so so high.
    Seriously thinking about a set.

Golf Daily
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHMembers Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I hit the T300 with the Modus 105 and came away extremely impressed. Bummer I just dropped $900 on G700’s last year.

Callaway Epic Flash 12*
    Exotics Xrail 3h | 4h | 5h
    Ping G700 6-UW
    Cleveland CBX 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum

Handicap: 10.8

• gpleonardgpleonard New Smyrna Beach, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Going to take a hard look at these. I think they look good. I will probably pre order them to put them in the bag ASAP.

Gil Leonard
  • n'playn'play JC Members Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

Put my order in for a set today 6-AW 2 flat with the recoil 65
    Hit them 3 days in a row to double check and all numbers were the same 78 Mph 7 iron 153 carry 5145 spin
    Did try them with the AMT and the Recoil 95 lower ball flight lower spin and less carry by 3 yards but the roll out increased by 5 yards so I opted for the higher spin and descent angle to stop and drop.

Golf Daily
  • OknowsOknows Members Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Always been a fan of the AP2s. The entire TS line is just ugly to me.

Ping G410 Plus 9* w/ Diamana W 70x
    Callaway Rogue 15* w/ PX Evnflow Blue 75x
    Ping G 17.5 w/ Tour 80
    Callaway CF16 4-AW w/ DG TI x100
    Ping Glide 2.0 54* w/ DG s400
    Ping Glide 2.0 58* w/ DG s400
    Evnroll ER1
  • rightslicerightslice Members Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

These other manufacturers better get their s$%^ together. Callaway is KILLING them. IMO noone has anything close to the apexs and the new epic. These look like a 101 industrial design course project. Taylormade is absent, new badge change 790's Really?

Ordered 5-PW 2* flat today. Looking forward to getting them and seeing how they play. Really like everything that I have seen and read about these irons. Having played AP1 irons in the past this should be easy.

Gil Leonard
  • pugsnotdrugspugsnotdrugs Members Posts: 14 ✭✭

Got my order in for these yesterday! 5-PW T300 with Project X LZ (6.5). So excited for these finally getting a club thats long enough for me (+1.5)! I also ordered a U510 4 iron. So stoked for my new sticks!

• SteelheadSteelhead Orlando, FloridaClubWRX Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gpleonard said:
    Ordered 5-PW 2* flat today. Looking forward to getting them and seeing how they play. Really like everything that I have seen and read about these irons. Having played AP1 irons in the past this should be easy.

Did you have a chance to compare the T300 to AP1? LOVED my AP1s.

@Steelhead said:

@gpleonard said:

Did you have a chance to compare the T300 to AP1? LOVED my AP1s.

I have played the AP1 irons before. These look sweet, I am hoping for an increase in performance over the AP1 irons. Should have them early next week, and get them in the bag for a casual round.

Gil Leonard
  • hd.softailhd.softail Members Posts: 493 ✭✭✭✭

I've hit both the AP1 and T300 a good amount. Like everything about the T300 more except for the sundial and that is not enough to make me go with the old AP1s so I'm going to get a session to get fit for the T300s. Maybe unusual, but the T300 spun more than T200 for me (same shaft in both). With the blade length reduction/progression in the T300, I don't see any reason to go T200 over the T300.

• steve482steve482 Members Posts: 12 ✭✭

Got my T300's today. 2* flat 5-W AMT black stiff.
    Love the look can't wait to get them out on the links.

@steve482 said:
    Got my T300's today. 2* flat 5-W AMT black stiff.
    Love the look can't wait to get them out on the links.

Tell us what you think after playing them please.

Gil Leonard
  • ChrisGio315ChrisGio315 Members Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭

I will be testing these out this weekend. Curious to see what kind of numbers I get over my current 718 AP1s.

Titleist TS2 (10.5*)
    Titleist TS2 3w (15*)
    Titleist TS2 5w (18*)
    Titleist 718 AP1
    Titelist SM7 56*
    Custom Newport Select 2.5
    Titleist AVX

WITB - http://www.golfwrx.c...tb-chrisgio315/
  • spineguyspineguy Members Posts: 223 ✭✭✭

About to pull trigger on ap1’s... looking forward to some hands on reviews of the 300

Delivery was supposed to be today, now scheduled for tomorrow.. Thank You Hurricane Dorian. Hopefully can play them by Saturday. Really excited to get them on the course.

Gil Leonard
  • steve482steve482 Members Posts: 12 ✭✭

3 rounds in love them. great ball flight very forgiving and easy to hit. The look is really growing on me as well.

• SteelheadSteelhead Orlando, FloridaClubWRX Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine coming in Tuesday. Had the round of my year in Golden, CO today with my G410s so, these have to be so much better feeling, forgiving and accurate or they will be a round trip. I A/B’ed them indoors and they were a few yards longer with a 7 iron but dispersion and best and worst shots were better with the T300. Feel? Hard to tell indoors. We’ll see. Should be a fun fall in Florida!

First round with mine yesterday. Really good irons, great feel and distance. Titleist has a winner in these irons. Will be playing again Tuesday and looking to get more of the same.

Gil Leonard

Hit the T300s on Saturday. These irons paired with the AMT Black (S) were incredible for me.
    I will be upgrading from my 718 AP1s after my season ends in October. Definitely a winner from Titleist!

Titleist TS2 (10.5*)
    Titleist TS2 3w (15*)
    Titleist TS2 5w (18*)
    Titleist 718 AP1
    Titelist SM7 56*
    Titleist AVX

• johnnyprojohnnypro Members Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@n'play said:
    Put my order in for a set today 6-AW 2 flat with the recoil 65
    Hit them 3 days in a row to double check and all numbers were the same 78 Mph 7 iron 153 carry 5145 spin
    Did try them with the AMT and the Recoil 95 lower ball flight lower spin and less carry by 3 yards but the roll out increased by 5 yards so I opted for the higher spin and descent angle to stop and drop.

I just ordered them with Recoil 80's (3 - 5 weeks :s )

Will they kick my Srixon Z545's / Recoil 95 F3 out of the bag? We'll see.

• amkingamking Members Posts: 13 ✭✭

@ChrisGio315 said:
    Hit the T300s on Saturday. These irons paired with the AMT Black (S) were incredible for me.
    I will be upgrading from my 718 AP1s after my season ends in October. Definitely a winner from Titleist!

What wedge setup do you think you would use shifting to the T300's?

Driver: Titleist 909 D3 8.5
    Woods: Titleist 917 F2 16.5
    Hybrid: Titleist 909 H
    Irons: Titleist 735.CM 3-PW   *pending arrival of T300's*
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08 & 258.08
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62

@amking said:

@ChrisGio315 said:

Right now I have the 718 AP1 4 iron all the way through the 53 wedge. I then carry a 56 vokey. I dont carry anything higher than a 56 so this same set up will work with the T300.

Titleist TS2 (10.5*)
    Titleist TS2 3w (15*)
    Titleist TS2 5w (18*)
    Titleist 718 AP1
    Titelist SM7 56*
    Titleist AVX

• amkingamking Members Posts: 13 ✭✭

What is the yardage gap between your 53 set wedge and the 56 Vokey?

This will be a key thing I am focused on when I get my T300’s (order placed this week). Do I take something out of the long end of the bag (i.e. 4 iron) to better cover scoring/wedges, or do what you did and stop at a 56 or 57 degree wedge. I purposely ordered 4 thru 53 set wedge just so I have the opportunity to test both ends (I’ve always struggled with my 52 vokey and it is almost solely a full swing club for me)

These players distance irons go so darn far (in my testing thus far) that I honestly am not sure I need a 4 iron AND a hybrid/utility iron.

@ChrisGio315 said:

@amking said:

@ChrisGio315 said:

Right now I have the 718 AP1 4 iron all the way through the 53 wedge. I then carry a 56 vokey. I dont carry anything higher than a 56 so this same set up will work with the T300.

Driver: Titleist 909 D3 8.5
    Woods: Titleist 917 F2 16.5
    Hybrid: Titleist 909 H
    Irons: Titleist 735.CM 3-PW   *pending arrival of T300's*
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey 252.08 & 258.08
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file