2019 Titleist CB irons

124»

Comments

• bkloessbkloess St. Louis, MOMembers  78WRX Points: 58Posts: 78 Fairways

Why is it that the shorter irons look way too rounded? The mid-long irons look awesome though.

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 9.5 w/ Rogue 125 TX
    Ping G30 13 w/ Tour AD-DI 8x
    Ping S55 (3-P) w/ Tour Issue DG x100 +.5
    Ping Tour Gorge 52/56/60 w/ DG TI S400
    Scotty 009/ Scotty FB+ Circle T
    Titleist Pro V1x
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • JStangJStang Members  2878WRX Points: 384Handicap: 7.1Posts: 2,878 Titanium Tees

On -, @lordemsworth said:

I was just looking at the TXG Video about the technology in the 620 CB and 620 MB and Ian Frasier made an interesting comment about forgiveness - it's not the heel and toe we should worry about as much grind the camber. You'll lose way more ball speed with fat shots than you will with those that are more in the heel or toe. So, the grind of the sole and how it interacts with the ground can help save ball speed.
    In my roundabout way, I'm thinking these may be more forgiving than most people will think when they look at the clubhead.

I think you need to look at YOUR miss. I rarely hit the ball fat but catch them thin regularly. Leading edge doesn't help me much now that I am shallow (too shallow) opposed where I used to be steep.

Posted:
    Mavrik SZ Rogue Fairway | 915H 2 | 718 T-MB 3 | 620 CB/MB 4-PW | Vokey SM6 52, SM7 58 | Byron DH89 LN
  • lordemsworthlordemsworth Members  1392WRX Points: 177Posts: 1,392 Platinum Tees

That’s fair. It was just a comment about that there are different ways to perceive forgiveness. Some of us look at small club heads and think there is no forgiveness. There is more than one way to define forgiveness and not just lateral with tungsten in toe and heel.

Posted:
  • jrshelbyjrshelby Members  1517WRX Points: 299Posts: 1,517 Platinum Tees

On -, @lordemsworth said:

That’s fair. It was just a comment about that there are different ways to perceive forgiveness. Some of us look at small club heads and think there is no forgiveness. There is more than one way to define forgiveness and not just lateral with tungsten in toe and heel.

I could not agree more. I have found more and more that clubs with tungsten stabilize the head in a way to help find center for some that find heel or toe to much. For people who find the middle and sometime high or low on the face, one would expect little forgiveness with out the tungsten. Thats not always the case. I have played clubs that appear to have no help and If I catch one to low on the face and it spins more and stops on the green at more or less the same distance, that's the forgiveness I want. If I hit it High off of the center of the face and launch goes up, spin comes down to offset.

Posted:
    TS4 9.5° Tour AD DI 7X
    TS2 13.5° Tour AD DI 8X
    T100 4-PW, 50° MODUS Pro 130
    Special Select NP2
  • golfinguru11golfinguru11 Nor CalMembers  333WRX Points: 227Handicap: 1.8Posts: 333 Greens

This is where the maltby index comes into play, placing a high weight on vertical COG location. If you struggle with hitting the ball low on the face, Maltby’s scores will help you immensely. Something like a P730 TaylorMade will be disastrous while an MP32 Mizuno will play like a game improvement iron, for example.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5* - Aldila 130msi Rogue Black 60 tx 
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* - Accra TZ6 75 x
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - VA Raijin 84 x
    Mizuno MP-54 (4,5) MP-20 (6-PW) - Nippon Modus 125 s
    Vokey SM7 RAW 52F 56S 60D - Nippon Modus 125 wedge
    Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball 

Lefty, Lead tape enthusiast
  • Tourplaya21Tourplaya21 DetroitMembers  26WRX Points: 48Handicap: 9Posts: 26 Bunkers

10/10 would buy

Posted:

Cobra F8+ Driver
    Cobra F8 3-4 Wood
    Nike VR Pro Combo 3-P
    Nike VR Pro X3X 52, 56, 60
    Cleveland 2i Putter

Advertisement
  • therealjonzonetherealjonzone Members  2749WRX Points: 342Handicap: 2.9Posts: 2,749 Titanium Tees

These were the highest spinning of the new series, when compared with the same shaft.

Posted:
  • slickca21slickca21 Members  225WRX Points: 58Posts: 225 Fairways

I hit them yesterday. Quite a bit of spin. Not quite for me, but they are pretty

Posted:
  • marionmgmarionmg Members  120WRX Points: 81Posts: 120 Fairways

They do spin and launch easily! They are shorter but may allow to use a firmer ball like a bstone X.

Posted:
    WITB:
    Ping 410 LST driver     
    Cobra SZ Tour fairway
    PXG 0317x g2 hybrid
    Cobra CB 4 iron
    Ping Blueprint 5-PW 
    Ping Glide 54* 60*
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser 
    ProV1/TP5
  • randy4randy4 LouisianaMembers  164WRX Points: 44Posts: 164 Fairways

I went split set p-7 mb and 6-4 cb. Both look and feel great, never got on great with the ap2s.

Posted:
  • mtnbiker5mtnbiker5 Members  377WRX Points: 95Handicap: 11Posts: 377 Greens

I hit these at a local shop today and loved the look and feel of these along with the MB's. Playing Mp18 now. 10 hcp primarily due to missing putts not irons. Small heads yet but was actually hitting them flush every time. Feel was amazing. Love the thin top line. Guy at the store kind of offended me by saying I shouldn't even think about bagging these clubs. Said with my HCP i should play a more forgiving club. F off. Am I off base here? The MB and this club are just timeless and maybe I'm missing something but if you're hitting them well, so what that they have a smaller head. My game is improving every day. On verge of breaking 80 and the way I look at it I want to get better so maybe these clubs will actually help dialing things in. I'd also play around with perhaps the T100 for longer irons and then blend in the CB and MB along wth the U for long. Any feedback much appreciated because this guy at the shop didn't make me happy on a day off!!!! :(

Posted:

Advertisement
  • denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, COMembers  1711WRX Points: 520Handicap: 1.2Posts: 1,711 Platinum Tees

On -, @mtnbiker5 said:

I hit these at a local shop today and loved the look and feel of these along with the MB's. Playing Mp18 now. ** 10 hcp primarily due to missing putts not irons. ** Small heads yet but was actually hitting them flush every time. Feel was amazing. Love the thin top line. Guy at the store kind of offended me by saying I shouldn't even think about bagging these clubs. Said with my HCP i should play a more forgiving club. F off. Am I off base here? The MB and this club are just timeless and maybe I'm missing something but if you're hitting them well, so what that they have a smaller head. My game is improving every day. On verge of breaking 80 and the way I look at it I want to get better so maybe these clubs will actually help dialing things in. I'd also play around with perhaps the T100 for longer irons and then blend in the CB and MB along wth the U for long. Any feedback much appreciated because this guy at the shop didn't make me happy on a day off!!!! :(

That's a lot of missed putts

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
    Callaway Mavrik SZ, 15*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X
    Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* Hybrid, Atmos Black HB Tour Spec 9X
    TaylorMade P750 4i, P730 5-PW, PX 6.5
    Wedges - Jaws MD5 raw 52S, 56S, 60T, DG TI S400
    Piretti GOAT
    TayloreMade TP5
  • lhahnlhahn Members  497WRX Points: 122Handicap: highPosts: 497 Greens

I was SUPER stoked to hit the MBs, CBs and T100's the other day but the CBs felt way to clicky for me. The MBs were fine and even the T100's felt less clicky but I think the new Mizuno MBs are a few hundred less (in Canada) so dollar for dollar I'll be switching to the MP20 MB eventually. Shame as I really like the look of the 620 MBs

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 9.5* - Copperhead 70TX
    Cobra F9 15.5* - Tensei PO 60TX
    Titleist T100 3-PW
    TM 54*
    TM Hi-Toe 64*
    Yamada Emperor 34"
    Snell MTBx
  • BCC1898BCC1898 Members  362WRX Points: 186Posts: 362 Greens

Can we start banning people that describe Titleist irons as “clicky”? So overplayed.

Posted:
  • HitBombsHitBombs Members  117WRX Points: 79Posts: 117 Fairways

Finally saw these and the new mb in person. Love the “new school” look to both especially the cb, almost looked squared off, and had a really nice look to it. Very classic, love it.

Posted:
  • skygod987skygod987 Northern IllinoisMembers  77WRX Points: 61Handicap: 8.1Posts: 77 Fairways

Gorgeous!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • HappyGilmore22HappyGilmore22 Members  714WRX Points: 221Handicap: 3Posts: 714 Golden Tee

Still think these are the best looking iron for Titleist this year but just not forgiving enough for me and spun way too much, even considering the loft difference from T100 was way too much.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70 TX
    Titleist TS3 14.25 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5
    Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90 X
    Titleist T200 4-5, T100 6-PW - Project X 6.5
    Titleist Vokey SM8 50.12 F, 54.14F, 58.10 S - PX 6.5
    Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.