Bastain "Blue" Me Away - Another Creation from Bastain Milled

I have been trying to write this "review" for the past 5 months and just couldn't properly do it because my putting technique had gone south for the winter and just came back recently. I had run into the factor of going back to traditional putting and my putter length had not been adjusted. I use a 33.75in putter when putting LHL, however when putting traditional I use a 32.15in and never adjusted. I did within the past week and had 28 putts on Saturday!!!

As some of you know, this is not my first Bastain Milled putter, but like the previous one, this may be my last. By that I mean it may be the last putter I ever want to own (until Kyle tempts me with something else he creates). I had reviewed a Fusion Key putter previously as you can ready and view here: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1418800/a-new-creation-from-bastain-milled-the-future-of-putter-making-in-the-works/p1

This new putter has all of the amazing qualities of the older putter with a bit of a new flare. As you can see in the pictures, the Fusion Key is now removable which makes it interchangeable. This may seem a little different, but as we have all done over the years of going back and forth from plumbers neck to flow neck with different offsets, but usually the same look. This takes all of the jumping out of it. Now, with the creation of the interchangeable Fusion Key all you need are multiple shafts and you can have the same putter forever. As seen in the pictures, there is a full shaft offset plumbers neck and a 1/2 shaft offset flow neck. I am currently using the 1/2 shaft flow neck but have the plumbers neck shafted and in the bag.

The putter itself is a traditional shape that mostly everyone prefers, however, there are options. There are many different options for blade head style ("Newport 1", "Newport 2" styles) wide body blades, standard body blades, etc. Kyle at Bastain Milled is an artist. With these putters, not only can you specify what head shape and weight you want, but the offset of the necks, the angle of the putter, forward lean, loft, lie, face grind pattern/technique, etc... What I'm trying to say is that you can have a completely customized putter(s) for yourself. There are many different finish options that you can choose from. The Golf Garage (Facebook: The Golf Garage, Instagram: @the_golf_garage) in Bernville, PA does the finish options for the putters. There are a ton of different options. The bluing that was done on mine is the most uniform and professional finish I have seen to date. The skill that is demonstrated on putters, wedges, irons, etc. is unreal.

For everyone that has found their "holy grail" of putters, HOLD ONTO THEM AND DON'T LET GO. For everyone else still searching, check out all of the options that Bastain Milled has to offer, you won't be disappointed. If you have any general questions, you can PM me and I will get back to you ASAP.

www.bastainmilled.com

IG: @bastain_milled

qt79pngdkq1w.jpeg

4grf8yapxobs.jpeg

6aok4uvv7z21.jpeg

2wd1i3f030dg.jpeg

bn6it0oi40qd.jpeg

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

2015 Adams Tight Lies 22° 7 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Irons:  2016 Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW   

Wedges:  2017 Cleveland CBX 56°& 60°wedge              
Shafts:  Matrix Ozik Program F15 85S Graphite Shafts 4i - 60°

Grips:   Superstroke S-Tech + 2 Wraps
Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @kfurno said:

> He’s working on an X5 flowneck conversion for me, can’t wait!

Approximately how much does this cost to get done? Asking for a friend.

Taylormade M1 9.5°  |  Speeder 661

Ping G 14.5°  |  Aldila NV 75

Titleist T-MB 21°  |  S400

PXG 0311T Gen2 4-PW  |  Elevate Tour X100

Callaway MD Forged  |  Recoil 125

Taylormade  |  Spider Tour Black

> @ctsgolf said:

> > @kfurno said:

> > He’s working on an X5 flowneck conversion for me, can’t wait!

> Approximately how much does this cost to get done? Asking for a friend.

>

Send him an email or message on Instagram. Kyle will get back to you. He does such custom work that he really doesn’t have a “standard” price. His pricing is the most fair that you will find.

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

Thats very nice and I suppose thats his take on interchangeble necks. Is that blue finish torched or PVD? Will be great to know how it wears after a couple of months of regular play. I've always wanted a blue putter but want a durable finish which torched and blue oil (the worse) does not give.

Congrats on your new putter.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

> @LionGolfer said:

> Thats very nice and I suppose thats his take on interchangeble necks. Is that blue finish torched or PVD? Will be great to know how it wears after a couple of months of regular play. I've always wanted a blue putter but want a durable finish which torched and blue oil (the worse) does not give.

>

> Congrats on your new putter.

The finish is a torched finish. It is holding up amazingly well. I have kept dry as much as possible. It is torched on raw carbon so a few rust spots pop up every once in a while, but that is expected.

Here is some work he just did for me (with golf garage). It’s really outstanding.

t866fq185ord.jpeg

8dctj4hvva15.jpeg

!q1va9j6swt4p.jpeg

wzx8uejl9r1n.jpeg

[](https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/editor/7g/twb12bcdz1zd.jpeg "")

9kyvnk6vnup3.jpeg

• Mizuno STZ 220 Driver
  • Mizuno STX 220 3w
  • Mizuno STX 220 Hybrid
  • Mizuno Pro 225/223 Irons 
  • Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges
  • Mizuno/Timeless Putters
  • Titleist Pro V1 Ball

Man, that looks fantastic.

Yours and orlandogolfguru's!

I agree, Kyle does great work, and is a pleasure to do business with (costs are super reasonable and he is a very responsive communicator).

I have 3 putters that Kyle has worked on:

1) Your old Tad Moore refinish and tungsten weight add ;-)

2) One of the first batch of BM-007 head putters

3) my gamer: Flownecked and gray cerakote'd X5r

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

Mv, so Kyle would do any switching of necks for you, correct?

I’m guessing he has to use Leone coolant on the in the hosel to make the “key” contract, so that it can be removed from the head?

2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

> @geochitown said:

> Mv, so Kyle would do any switching of necks for you, correct?

>

> I’m guessing he has to use Leone coolant on the in the hosel to make the “key” contract, so that it can be removed from the head?

>

>

So the putter shown in this thread has a screw (like adjustable drivers) that you literally unscrew, slip neck out, slip different neck in, tighten screw. The beauty and ease of this design is that the necks are interchangeable. You could order a putter from Kyle with a flow neck on and then purchase as many extra necks as you wanted (different design, different offset, different length hosel, options are unlimited).

The previous putter from old thread was actually fused so removing the neck would be nearly impossible

very cool, and I guess I should have known that it would be an easy swap out between shafts!

I wonder if the nut helps expand the "key" or bottom of the "neck" into the putter head, so that there is no play.

Or is Kyle such an amazing machinist that there isn't much play in there anyway?

Either way, thanks for sharing the info.

TM TP5x

the bolt keeps it in there, but even without tightening, there is no play. the specifications are that exact. It's quite amazing.