GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

The Open Championship at Royal Portrush GC/Dunluce Links - Shane Lowry is the 2019 Champion Golfer

Comments

• MilkyButterCutsMilkyButterCuts Members  981WRX Points: 471Handicap: 4.1Posts: 981 Golden Tee

On -, @OldTomMorris said:

On -, @MilkyButterCuts said:

Trump Intl, Carnoustie, St Andrews (old, new, jubilee), Nairn, and lastl Royal Dornoch

Looks like an amazing course. At one point there were rumours that it could host the Scottish Open. Would like to see that but I think the people behind the tournament might steer clear just to avoid the inevitably questions etc. that they would get from the media.

How do you rate it?

For some reason it wouldn't let me quote you and post that comment...

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MilkyButterCutsMilkyButterCuts Members  981WRX Points: 471Handicap: 4.1Posts: 981 Golden Tee

Looks like an amazing course. At one point there were rumours that it could host the Scottish Open. Would like to see that but I think the people behind the tournament might steer clear just to avoid the inevitably questions etc. that they would get from the media.

How do you rate it?

Wouldn't let me quote you for some reason.

Posted:
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers  3390WRX Points: 1,203Posts: 3,390 Titanium Tees

How do you rate it?

Wouldn't let me quote you for some reason.

I think there is an auto-moderation on the name of the first course you mentioned. My posts didn't appear immediately either, the notification that a post is being moderated is easily missed - small box in the bottom left corner of the screen otherwise it looks like something is broken.

Posted:
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • mocokidmocokid Members  2261WRX Points: 396Posts: 2,261 Platinum Tees

Used to be the British Open and the National Open (USA). Now when you say the OPEN you mean the championship FKA British Open. US Open has fallen far behind the British Open and Masters in status, IMHO, though the Pebble Beach venue was an improvement over recent debacles.

Posted:
  • dolfinackdolfinack Members  474WRX Points: 56Posts: 474 Bunkers

Rumours abound that one of the new holes’ greens has officially died ☠️

Not good.....

Posted:

On -, @dolfinack said:

Not good.....

Whered you hear this?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • tideridertiderider Members  3204WRX Points: 2,223Handicap: 5ishPosts: 3,204 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members  29564WRX Points: 6,465Posts: 29,564 Titanium Tees

On -, @tiderider said:

fyi ... https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/2019-british-open-odds-surprising-picks-from-model-that-nailed-two-straight-majors/

says they picked koepka at the pga and woodland at the US Open ...

Is there a link to the Woodland prediction posted before the event?

Posted:
  • tideridertiderider Members  3204WRX Points: 2,223Handicap: 5ishPosts: 3,204 Titanium Tees

On -, @bscinstnct said:

On -, @tiderider said:

fyi ... https://www.cbssports.com/golf/news/2019-british-open-odds-surprising-picks-from-model-that-nailed-two-straight-majors/

says they picked koepka at the pga and woodland at the US Open ...

Is there a link to the Woodland prediction posted before the event?

don't know ... have to pay to see their picks for the Open, so probably have to pay to see previous predictions ...

Posted:
  • BrianMcGBrianMcG Members  2377WRX Points: 670Posts: 2,377 Platinum Tees

I love the British Open.

Posted:
    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members  32642WRX Points: 2,051Posts: 32,642 Titanium Tees

Looking forward to seeing everyone at this track!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • KrazyTrain18KrazyTrain18 West CoastMembers  3274WRX Points: 244Handicap: 1.5Posts: 3,274 Titanium Tees

The Masters might be my favorite tournament but the Open is my favorite viewing experience. Nothing like being up early, watching golf with some good coffee and breakfast.

Posted:
    915D3 9.5 (GD-DI 6S Black Edition)
    910F 15 (Diamana Kai'li 75S)
    712U 2I (DG S300)
    714 AP2 4-W (DG S300)
    SM6 (50-54-58) (DG S200)
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 (Studio Select)
    TP5
  • idriveidrive gone golfin Members  2391WRX Points: 349Posts: 2,391 Platinum Tees

On -, @BrianMcG said:

I love the British Open.

I think they're calling it the "Western European Continent Open Championship" this year...

Posted:
  • i*windowsi*windows Members  2315WRX Points: 266Handicap: 12.3Posts: 2,315 Platinum Tees

cracking couple of weeks coming up, the Andalucia Masters, Irish Open, Scottish Open and then the Open.

Posted:
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Just hit the **** ball.[/font]
    TM R1
    Adams Tight lies 2 5w
    Cleveland Mashie 5h
    Nike Covert Forged 2, 6-PW
    Lynx Prowler VT 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 Tour Action 51*
    MD Golf Seve Sedona 58*
    Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini.
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members  6353WRX Points: 1,784Handicap: 3Posts: 6,353 Titanium Tees

Trump Intl, Carnoustie, St Andrews (old, new, jubilee), Nairn, and lastl Royal Dornoch
    On -, @imakaveli said:

After going to Scotland last summer I have to say "The Open" might be the superior major.........

Where did you play?

How did you like Nairn and Royal Dornoch?

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist T100 4-PW Stiff Project X LZ
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members  13161WRX Points: 1,026Handicap: 3.8Posts: 13,161 Titanium Tees

That's Calamity Corner from the tips, to give you an idea of what the pros will face... What a fun day that was!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • BlackDiamondPar5BlackDiamondPar5 Quitting WRX may be in my future... Members  5875WRX Points: 1,197Posts: 5,875 Titanium Tees

On -, @imakaveli said:

That's Calamity Corner from the tips, to give you an idea of what the pros will face... What a fun day that was!

Simply awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Posted:
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members  13161WRX Points: 1,026Handicap: 3.8Posts: 13,161 Titanium Tees

Another incredible angle of Portrush: don't go in the left bunker at the 1st...

Posted:

On -, @MattyO1984 said:

On -, @imakaveli said:

After going to Scotland last summer I have to say "The Open" might be the superior major.........

Where did you play?

Absolutely top class. We got Nairn on a rough weather day.. but it was a tough tight course compared to the rest that we played, but great. Dornoch was SO good. Couldn't compliment it enough. Lets just say when I go back Dornoch is on the itinerary. On top of that, the membership at both were wonderful, very inviting.

The courses in Scotland are like the 4 majors in golf. Each has something special that sets it apart from the rest. Hard to pick a favorite.

Posted:

On -, @MattyO1984 said:

, Carnoustie, St Andrews (old, new, jubilee), Nairn, and lastl Royal Dornoch
    On -, @imakaveli said:

Where did you play?

Absolutely top class. We got Nairn on a rough weather day.. but it was a tough tight course compared to the rest that we played, but great. Dornoch was SO good. Couldn't compliment it enough. Lets just say when I go back Dornoch is on the itinerary. On top of that, the membership at both were wonderful, very inviting.

The courses in Scotland are like the 4 majors. Each has something special that sets it apart from the rest. Hard to pick a favorite.

Posted:

Best grandstand I've seen after Le Golf National

Posted:
    Post edited by imakaveli on

Advertisement
  • Lagavulin62Lagavulin62 Members  2347WRX Points: 326Handicap: 15Posts: 2,347 Platinum Tees

On -, @imakaveli said:

That looks like a half wedge to the group. Did someone top it? Haha. Looks gorgeous.

Posted:
  • duffer987duffer987 Meh... eh Canadian in CaliforniaMembers  9957WRX Points: 1,181Handicap: ~8Posts: 9,957 Titanium Tees

Is it just me or have others been having trouble finding the coverage on TV?
    I didn't see any yesterday and so far none today ;-)

Posted:
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members  6356WRX Points: 3,271Handicap: 10.8Posts: 6,356 Titanium Tees

This new rule is most likely to come in to play at this tournament.
    https://www.golf.com/instruction/2018/12/11/2019-rules-changes-escape-unplayable-lie-bunker/

Posted:
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
  • manxytagmanxytag Members  587WRX Points: 99Handicap: 5.1Posts: 587 Golden Tee

I'm going to be working there walking down the fairways with pro's raking bunkers if they go in. really cant wait

Posted:
    Post edited by manxytag on

On -, @Lagavulin62 said:

On -, @imakaveli said:

That looks like a half wedge to the group. Did someone top it? Haha. Looks gorgeous.

No top, but my dad went into the valley short... u really don’t wanna go down there, it’s deeeeep!
    One of the the most intimidating shot in golf, can’t wait!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members  3609WRX Points: 462Posts: 3,609 Titanium Tees

Backed Louis each way. If the wind blows this will be tough. If not it could be a birdie and eagle fest.

Posted:
  • dolfinackdolfinack Members  474WRX Points: 56Posts: 474 Bunkers

On -, @dolfinack said:

Not good.....

Whered you hear this?

Friend played it last week and saw it first hand. Was also talking to a greenkeeper.

Posted:

On -, @duffer987 said:

Is it just me or have others been having trouble finding the coverage on TV?
    I didn't see any yesterday and so far none today ;-)

it's you ...

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @Darth Putter said:

This new rule is most likely to come in to play at this tournament.
    https://www.golf.com/instruction/2018/12/11/2019-rules-changes-escape-unplayable-lie-bunker/

for the pros? ... would find that surprising ...

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.