GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

The Open Championship at Royal Portrush GC/Dunluce Links - Shane Lowry is the 2019 Champion Golfer

Comments

• Darth PutterDarth Putter Members  6356WRX Points: 3,271Handicap: 10.8Posts: 6,356 Titanium Tees

The British Amateur was at Portmarnock this year and an Irishman, James Sugrue, is on his way to Royal Portrush. (and Augusta and Winged Foot)

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/irelands-james-sugrue-wins-amateur-championship-at-home-as-portmarnock-plays-rare-host

Posted:
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • tideridertiderider Members  3204WRX Points: 2,223Handicap: 5ishPosts: 3,204 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
  • tideridertiderider Members  3204WRX Points: 2,223Handicap: 5ishPosts: 3,204 Titanium Tees

on this day, Walter Hagen becomes the first American-born winner of the Open, at Royal St. Georges ...
    https://golfhistorytoday.com/1922-walter-hagen-open-championship/

Posted:

regional qualifying events across the UK today ... lots of amateurs moving on to final qualifying ...
    https://www.theopen.com/regional-qualifying
    berwick-upon-tweed & county louth look very, very cool ...

Posted:
  • FergusonFerguson Members  6023WRX Points: 3,523Handicap: 6.7Posts: 6,023 Titanium Tees

On -, @NoFancyUsername. said:

Real golf is about to commence. :)

What makes other golf, non-British Open golf, so unreal?

Posted:
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members  6356WRX Points: 3,271Handicap: 10.8Posts: 6,356 Titanium Tees

With their current placing in the Top 20 of the Fed Ex Cup standings today, Chez Reavie, Charles Howell III and Ryan Palmer have qualified for the British Open.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • gvogelgvogel Members  8581WRX Points: 1,475Posts: 8,581 Titanium Tees

On -, @Ferguson said:

I can help you here.

Real golf is played on Real golf courses, laid out by Real men, including Old Tom, James Braid, Harry Vardon, Harry Colt, and even Alistair MacKenzie.

If it's nae laid out by one of them, it's nae golf.

Posted:
    Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse
  • FergusonFerguson Members  6023WRX Points: 3,523Handicap: 6.7Posts: 6,023 Titanium Tees

On -, @gvogel said:

On -, @Ferguson said:

I can help you here.

Real golf is played on Real golf courses, laid out by Real men, including Old Tom, James Braid, Harry Vardon, Harry Colt, and even Alistair MacKenzie.

Weren't you here just a short time ago applauding Tillinghast for Bethpage Black?
    Now he's a chop?

Posted:
  • c7015c7015 Members  2304WRX Points: 300Posts: 2,304 Platinum Tees

On -, @i*windows said:

please be windy, please be windy, please be windy

same wish kinda, I want Sat/Sun to be a wind fest. I hate when your tee time Thurs Fri determines if you have a chance to compete or not. Hate seeing my favourite players get the wrong side of the draw.

Posted:
    TS3 Smoke 70g (S Flex)
    913 FD 3 wood Whiteboard (X Flex)
    915 F 5 wood Blueboard (S Flex)
    712U 4 Iron
    714CB 5-6
    718MB 7-PW 
    Vokey SM7 50, 55, 60 
    SC Newport 2.5
  • NoTalentLeftyNoTalentLefty Members  3937WRX Points: 358Handicap: 12.9Posts: 3,937 Titanium Tees

The best golf courses use the existing ground and its surroundings to build the character of the course itself. Admittedly Scotland and Ireland have great courses but so does every country in the world where golf is played. That is all I got to say about that.

Posted:
    Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 set to 9.5
    3 Wood Epic Flash set to 16 degrees
    3-5 Hybrids Epic Flash 18 20 23 degrees
    6 hybrid Big Bertha 26 degree 
    7-AW Callaway Mavrik Irons 
    50 degree GW Vokey SM7
    56 degree SW Vokey SM7
    Odyssey White Hot V-Line Fang

On -, @NoTalentLefty said:

The best golf courses use the existing ground and its surroundings to build the character of the course itself. Admittedly Scotland and Ireland have great courses but so does every country in the world where golf is played. That is all I got to say about that.

the **** do you know about it? ... you're a no talent lefty ...

Posted:

Advertisement
  • NoTalentLeftyNoTalentLefty Members  3937WRX Points: 358Handicap: 12.9Posts: 3,937 Titanium Tees

On -, @tiderider said:

But I have a fine eye for golf courses and whiskey. The Irish have my vote on the whiskey, particularly Jameson's.

Posted:

50 degree GW Vokey SM7
    56 degree SW Vokey SM7

Posted:

Giant's Causeway near Portrush ... where have you seen this before?

Posted:
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members  13161WRX Points: 1,026Handicap: 3.8Posts: 13,161 Titanium Tees

Ok...

Posted:
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers  9558WRX Points: 3,177Posts: 9,558 Titanium Tees

On -, @tiderider said:

But I have a fine eye for golf courses and whiskey. The Irish have my vote on the whiskey, particularly Jameson's.

A good well drink perhaps. Redbreast 12 and 18 are much better IMO

Posted:

The Qualifying Series continues this week at two tournaments.

Top three golfers in the top 10 that are not already qualified at the Andalucia Masters get in.

Top two golfers in the top 8 at the Rocket Mortgage Classic also get in.

Posted:

On -, @Krt22 said:

On -, @tiderider said:

I haven't tried that one. Thanks for the info.

Posted:

50 degree GW Vokey SM7
    56 degree SW Vokey SM7

• Dave230Dave230 Members  3948WRX Points: 428Posts: 3,948 Titanium Tees

If you are going to the Open and are looking for whiskey, they make Bushmills in the same area as the course. There's a distillery beside Portrush.

Posted:
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members  3609WRX Points: 462Posts: 3,609 Titanium Tees

Bushmills is very smooth. A lovely drink. If you are going I hope you have your tickets. Sold out.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • gvogelgvogel Members  8581WRX Points: 1,475Posts: 8,581 Titanium Tees

On -, @Ferguson said:

On -, @gvogel said:

On -, @Ferguson said:

I can help you here.

Weren't you here just a short time ago applauding Tillinghast for Bethpage Black?
    Now he's a chop?

You asked the question. I gave you the facetious answer.

Posted:
    Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members  29564WRX Points: 6,465Posts: 29,564 Titanium Tees

Tigerrrrrr! His name is Tiger? Bit of pressure but got some pop on his swing. Did he make it?

Posted:

On -, @bscinstnct said:

Tigerrrrrr! His name is Tiger? Bit of pressure but got some pop on his swing. Did he make it?

He's advanced to final qualifying on Tuesday.

Posted:

Posted:
  • RangeballzRangeballz Members  1822WRX Points: 309Posts: 1,822 Platinum Tees

14.5 hours of coverage Thu/Fri on TGC? Sweet! That has got to be first tee ball to final putt......

Posted:

Advertisement
  • lchanglchang Members  820WRX Points: 216Handicap: 11Posts: 820 Golden Tee

On -, @Krt22 said:

On -, @tiderider said:

Yes! And then there's Midelton's, which is fantastic!

Posted:
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members  13161WRX Points: 1,026Handicap: 3.8Posts: 13,161 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10874WRX Points: 3,983Handicap: 8Posts: 10,874 ClubWRX

The problem with links golf is every course looks the same, and the only challenge is the wind..

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow

Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.