Is the new Titleist Linksmaster Series Golf Bag better than Stitch SL1 / SL2?

From_Parts_UnknownFrom_Parts_Unknown Members Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've been told this bag was specifically designed by Titleist to be a much better version of the Stitch SL1 and SL2 bags. Currently I have a Stitch SL1 and I am thinking about upgrading to the Titleist Linksmaster bag. I would have been in the market for the Stitch SL2 bag, but then I saw the giant logo on the side, and unless they're going to start paying me to carry their bag, I'm just trying to keep it simple.

For those of you who have the new Titleist Linksmaster Series golf bag, did you go with a caddy bag or a members bag? I'm not in love with the Titleist strap but I do like the extra pockets, the extra full length divider, and the removable pocket for embroidering. I'm also curious as to how light weight the bag is fully loaded. I picked one up empty and it seemed very light. I can't seem to find the listed weight of the bag on it's specifications. Any on course reviews or Stitch comparisons are much appreciated in advance. Thanks!

Comments

• cpeckcpeck North new jerseyMembers Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭✭

bump, for some info.

• seeshawnseeshawn Members Posts: 34 ✭✭

Is there a way to get more info on this bag and potentially buy it? Website linked is for a name plate.

• Zac1321Zac1321 Members Posts: 137 ✭✭✭

seriously, I saw them at Pinehurst a few months ago and they look great. I didn't realize there were 2 versions so I have no clue which one of the two I looked at or even what the differences are between them

• cpeckcpeck North new jerseyMembers Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭✭

just added it for a reference. it’s the only photos i could find of the bag. @seeshawn

@cpeck said:
    just added it for a reference. it’s the only photos i could find of the bag. @seeshawn

Thanks. Can't find a way to buy anywhere.

• From_Parts_UnknownFrom_Parts_Unknown Members Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jul 9, 2019 7:36pm #8

@seeshawn said:
    Is there a way to get more info on this bag and potentially buy it? Website linked is for a name plate.

I think it's a fairly exclusive offering from Titleist at this point. I believe the only way you can order it is through a preferred green grass account. I would contact your local account for more details. I have attached a brochure.

@From_Parts_Unknown said:

@seeshawn said:

I think it's a fairly exclusive offering from Titleist at this point. I believe the only way you can order it is through a preferred green grass account. I would contact your local account for more details. I have attached a brochure.!

Really love the bag and the look, but sadly don't know of Green Grass account. Thanks for the brochure.

• Florida GatorFlorida Gator Members Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@seeshawn said:

@seeshawn said:

I think it's a fairly exclusive offering from Titleist at this point. I believe the only way you can order it is through a preferred green grass account. I would contact your local account for more details. I have attached a brochure.!

Really love the bag and the look, but sadly don't know of Green Grass account. Thanks for the brochure.

Green grass accounts are the better golf courses, not off-course golf stores. Give one a call, I’m sure anyone would order one for you. Message me if you need a name to reach out to.

• Florida GatorFlorida Gator Members Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I really love the look of these, may need to order a blue one.

• dillardivdillardiv Members Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

They don't make this in a nylon option do they? Any ideas on price?

they are a nylon-like material

• gambitgambit Members Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone have an idea how much these things run?

@dillardiv said:

@gambit said:

I think MSRP is $315 for caddy and $340 for member. Somewhere in that range.

@dillardiv said:

@gambit said:

Awesome...thanks...does the caddy have a beverage pouch? Looks like they have zippers on both sides.

@gambit said:

@dillardiv said:

@gambit said:

Awesome...thanks...does the caddy have a beverage pouch? Looks like they have zippers on both sides.

The caddy bag has these hidden underside pockets that you really can't see in the pictures. I believe one of them is a multi-purpose pocket with a zipper that can be used for beverages, not a 100% sure though.

@gambit said:

@dillardiv said:

@gambit said:

@gambit said:

@dillardiv said:

@gambit said:

The caddy bag has these hidden underside pockets that you really can't see in the pictures. I believe one of them is a multi-purpose pocket with a zipper that can be used for beverages, not a 100% sure though.

yup, that's something that drew me to them as I hate the beverage pocket on 99% of bags. its a similar pocket to what the SL1 has, pretty much the exact same actual

@Zac1321 said:

@gambit said:

@dillardiv said:

@gambit said:

@gambit said:

@dillardiv said:

@gambit said:

yup, that's something that drew me to them as I hate the beverage pocket on 99% of bags. its a similar pocket to what the SL1 has, pretty much the exact same actual

Dammit...I just got rid of a bag yesterday...looks like I have to fill the open spot now...I think I'm going to go for the caddy bag. The "waterproof twill" sounds better than the "waterproof tumbled material".

• VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,270 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

First I've heard of this bag, very interesting. Odd how little information they're releasing. I've only seen the black and the blue in pictures, can't help but wonder what other colors are available.

@VNutz said:
    First I've heard of this bag, very interesting. Odd how little information they're releasing. I've only seen the black and the blue in pictures, can't help but wonder what other colors are available.

They have a slate and hunter green color as well. The color-way swatches are under the customization/personalization page in the brochure I posted. I've heard that they may release a white color-way next year.

• Stuart DCStuart DC Members Posts: 37 ✭✭

Have seen both in person. Beautiful bags but they are heavy. The member does appear to have a water bottle pocket similar to the normal stand bags.

• Harve10Harve10 ClubWRX Posts: 659 ClubWRX

Bunch of guys have the members version at my course and bag is great. Just wish there were a couple of other color options. The navy and black are so similar and slate/green not my cup of tea. If the material is easy to clean like the SL1, I will immediately order a white version if it becomes available.

Titleist 917D3 / TS3
    TM M2 T13 DF
    Titleist 718 AP2s
    Titleist SM7 Slate Blue Vokeys: 50F/54M/58K
    TM Spider X
  • darrellpdarrellp Members Posts: 4

I saw the Linksmaster in black at Portmarnock last week with their logo. Very stylish. 329 euro.

I saw the Linksmaster in black at Portmarnock last week with their logo. Very stylish. 329 euro.

• DiscoDinerDiscoDiner Members Posts: 87 ✭✭✭

These are great looking bags, not sure if I would drop 350 on one of them, but they do look good.

• jbo89jbo89 Members Posts: 28 ✭✭

Does anyone have real life photos or game one? My pro said they could get one but would love feedback before dropping money.

• GremnichGremnich Members Posts: 4
    edited Aug 8, 2019 4:35pm #30

saw one (member bag, or at least labeled as such) yesterday -- wanted to buy it, but took it out to make sure the top wasn't too tight first. was a no go for me -- more trouble getting 14 clubs in than in my jones utility trouper.

• North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 10,867 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If they are made by the same people making the current Players series bags...take a hard pass, with extreme prejudice. It will not be a quality bag, much less a quality bag worth $350.

“1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file