Golf Course Recommendations - Breckenridge - Courses within 2 hours Preferred

 cvvorst ·  
cvvorstcvvorst ClubWRX  3261WRX Points: 168Posts: 3,261 ClubWRX
Joined:  edited Jun 19, 2019 in Rockies #1

I am heading to Breckenridge with my family early July. I want to play at least 3 times. I played Breckenridge Golf Club when I was a lot younger, and it appears that it's the best option. But, I'm willing to drive a bit to play. Any other recommendations?

Edit: Any wrx members want to play while I'm out there?

Posted:
Taylormade Sim 10.5 - Fuji Ventus Black 6X or Ping G410 LST 10.5 - Diamana D+60 TX
Ping G400 Stretch - Diamana BF 80 TX
Titleist 818 H2 19 - Fuji Speeder TS 9.8 X
PXG 0311 ST - 4 to PW - KBS C Taper 130 X 
Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks SM6 RAW - 50F - 54S
Cleveland RTX 4 Raw - 58 Mid
TP Mills Ming Anvil Flow Neck - Byron Morgan Flow Neck
Tagged:
1

Comments

  • jgislandjgisland Members  20WRX Points: 32Handicap: 2Posts: 20 Bunkers
    Joined:  #2

    Red Sky in Wolcott is going to be the best course(s) in the mtns. If you belong to a club they can probably make a call to Cordillera to get you in there. three peaks is close in Silverthorn and a fun mountain track.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • ryder2015ryder2015 Members  72WRX Points: 58Handicap: 5Posts: 72 Bunkers
    Joined:  #3

    the 2 courses at Keystone are fun and close by. I am not a fan of 3 peaks.

    Posted:
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX  5366WRX Points: 1,116Posts: 5,366 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #4

    Yes, there is Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks in Silverthorn and Keystone Ranch in Keystone. Both courses are close by Breckenridge. There's several good courses in Vail which is around 40 minutes out of Breckenridge.

    Posted:
    EAMUS CATULI! AC020303
  • cvvorstcvvorst ClubWRX  3261WRX Points: 168Posts: 3,261 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #5

    On -, @jgisland said:

    Red Sky in Wolcott is going to be the best course(s) in the mtns. If you belong to a club they can probably make a call to Cordillera to get you in there. three peaks is close in Silverthorn and a fun mountain track.

    I am not a member unfortunately! I didn't choose lodging or else I would have stayed at a place that allows you to play Red Sky, it looks beautiful! Looking into Three Peaks now!

    Posted:
    Taylormade Sim 10.5 - Fuji Ventus Black 6X or Ping G410 LST 10.5 - Diamana D+60 TX
    Ping G400 Stretch - Diamana BF 80 TX
    Titleist 818 H2 19 - Fuji Speeder TS 9.8 X
    PXG 0311 ST - 4 to PW - KBS C Taper 130 X 
    Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks SM6 RAW - 50F - 54S
    Cleveland RTX 4 Raw - 58 Mid
    TP Mills Ming Anvil Flow Neck - Byron Morgan Flow Neck
  • cvvorstcvvorst ClubWRX  3261WRX Points: 168Posts: 3,261 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #6

    On -, @ryder2015 said:

    the 2 courses at Keystone are fun and close by. I am not a fan of 3 peaks.

    The Ranch course looks pretty nice, how does it compare to Breckenridge, or Eagle Vail? (played both around 17 years ago)

    On -, @RobotDoctor said:

    Yes, there is Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks in Silverthorn and Keystone Ranch in Keystone. Both courses are close by Breckenridge. There's several good courses in Vail which is around 40 minutes out of Breckenridge.

    Which is your favorite of the ones you listed? I've played Eagle Vail, but it was probably 17 years ago.

    Posted:
    Taylormade Sim 10.5 - Fuji Ventus Black 6X or Ping G410 LST 10.5 - Diamana D+60 TX
    Ping G400 Stretch - Diamana BF 80 TX
    Titleist 818 H2 19 - Fuji Speeder TS 9.8 X
    PXG 0311 ST - 4 to PW - KBS C Taper 130 X 
    Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks SM6 RAW - 50F - 54S
    Cleveland RTX 4 Raw - 58 Mid
    TP Mills Ming Anvil Flow Neck - Byron Morgan Flow Neck
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX  5366WRX Points: 1,116Posts: 5,366 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #7

    On -, @cvvorst said:

    On -, @RobotDoctor said:

    Yes, there is Raven Golf Club at Three Peaks in Silverthorn and Keystone Ranch in Keystone. Both courses are close by Breckenridge. There's several good courses in Vail which is around 40 minutes out of Breckenridge.

    Which is your favorite of the ones you listed? I've played Eagle Vail, but it was probably 17 years ago.

    I have not played Raven Golf Club or any of the courses in the Vail area. I have played Breckenridge Golf Club and really enjoyed that round, especially the distance gained at that elevation.

    Posted:
    EAMUS CATULI! AC020303
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • ryder2015ryder2015 Members  72WRX Points: 58Handicap: 5Posts: 72 Bunkers
    Joined:  #8

    On -, @cvvorst said:

    On -, @ryder2015 said:

    the 2 courses at Keystone are fun and close by. I am not a fan of 3 peaks.

    The Ranch course looks pretty nice, how does it compare to Breckenridge, or Eagle Vail? (played both around 17 years ago)

    The Breckenridge courses are fun. I remember them being pretty tight and not supper long. I like the Ranch course a lot. The Front nine starts out with a couple of good holes in the trees and them comes out with some elevation drop, water hazard and plenty of risk reward. The Back nine is ok but the front is one of the best stretches in the state. I don't know much about the Eagle Vail course. A lot of the courses in the Vail Valley are nice but they are right on I-70 so your playing along a highway. The absolute best course in the Area is Frost Creek in Eagle. 100% private but if you belong to a club you could have them make a call for you. The course and views are unbelievable.

    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.