Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Does anybody know this Logo?

Does anyone recognize this golf shirt logo? It's on a Southern Tide shirt. Have searched Google pretty hard, but no luck. Guessing it is something about a rabbit contest (similar to a skins game), or pulling a rabbit out of a hat on hole 9, but I can't find the exact golf tournament, golf club or golf course. Sure would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Answers

• cristphotocristphoto Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is it’s a nine hole course.

• BlueSkiesBlueSkies Members Posts: 14 ✭✭

Oh, maybe you're right. I wonder which one? Hmm.

• jngolfjngolf Sage Valley 6.1 miles from Augusta NationalMembers Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭

That hat is upside down so could it be a 6? Hmmmm...

TaylorMade M5 10.5
    TaylorMade M6 3 wood
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 iron
    TaylorMade P770 4-PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Wedges 50, 54 and 58
    Taylormade Spider Tour X Copper
    TaylorMade TP5

Yeah... with a red line under it (when inverted), so that you know the correct orientation? Could be. Hmm.
    Boy, I am so intrigued. I am really eager to figure this one out. Someone out there has to know the exact tournament, course, hole, club... no one embroiders a one-off (only one-of-a-kind) shirt.

• leezer99leezer99 I swear I am quitting this site every day... Members Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't necessarily have to be a golf related logo because it's on a polo.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

You are right. It may not be golf-related! I'm still leaning toward it is, but I may be wrong because I still don't know.

edited Jun 24, 2019 7:48pm #9

Duplicate - ignore

Post edited by BlueSkies on
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,935 ClubWRX

Maybe this was from the Hugh Hefner Open.

• third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Could be custom

edited Jun 24, 2019 8:33pm #13

I emailed Southern Tide and they said it was from the Jack Leg Tournament. Has anyone ever heard of it? I can't find anything on Google - and I'm not sure that is the correct spelling - but that is the spelling that the Southern Tide rep used. It is kind of unusual for a golf tournament to not have anything at all on Google. And it's also possible that it wasn't even a golf tournament but rather some other sport, as leezer99 said above. Anyway, has anyone ever heard of the Jack Leg Tournament? Thanks, again, for so much help!

• AcmeGolfAcmeGolf Members Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe a magician's tournament!

Ping G400 LST 10°
    Titleist 917F2 13.5°
    Titleist 818 H2 17°
    Titleist 818 H2 20° 
    Mizuno JPX919 HMP's 5-GW
    Mizuno T7  56° & 60°
    SC Newport 3 (T22 Fastback coming soon)
    edited Jun 26, 2019 3:19am #15

I double-checked the spelling with Southern Tide and they confirmed that is what they have. They didn't respond to my questions asking where the tournament was located and if it was a golf tournament or a different sport. They asked me if I want another shirt. Oh, well.

Post edited by BlueSkies on
  • mdgboxxmdgboxx Put lipstick on a pig - - - it's still a pig Members Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

What if it means nothing at all?
    Southern Tide wants you to buy their polo shirt. They slap on a logo that means nothing, but it catches your eye. You think that a bright colored rabbit hiding in a magician's hat is cute and funny, so you buy it...Mission accomplished.
    The same technique is used on children to get their parents to buy cereals.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
    3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
    5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
    IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2,
    Red Dot
    PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
    WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts

BALL: Srixon XV
    CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
    BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
    BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)
  • TheRavenTheRaven Members Posts: 93 ✭✭✭

Try doing a reverse image search of the logo on Google.

Driver: Ping G25 10.5°
    4w: Ping G25 16.5°
    3h: Ping G20 20°
    4i-U: Ping i5
    Wedges: Ping Glide 54° & 58°
    Putter: Ping Anser Remake BeNi / Anser TR1966 / Ping Ketsch Cadence TR Heavy
    Ball: Snell MTB Black

@TheRaven said:
    Try doing a reverse image search of the logo on Google.

That was a great suggestion. I did do that, more than once, before making the initial post. No luck. Hence, here we are.

• bmorisse94bmorisse94 Members Posts: 4

its magic hat No. 9. Its a beer

• M44km44kM44km44k MOMembers Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

@bmorisse94 said:

I've had a lot of Magic Hat in my day and I've never seen that logo. At least not that I can remember....

@M44km44k said:

@bmorisse94 said:

I've had a lot of Magic Hat in my day and I've never seen that logo. At least not that I can remember....

Thanks for the replies. At first I was very excited and hopeful, but, agree with @M44km44k , after checking out the company's websites, events, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, I could not see any evidence of them using that logo.

• mocokidmocokid Members Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

left over shirt from an outing, no biggie, should be less expensive. See them at GW all the time.

• NebraskaNebraska Members Posts: 14 ✭✭

Found a Jacklegg golf related reference on this site https://www.mgatour.com/search/node/Jacklegg

@Nebraska, that was an awesome find and quite a trip for me through the Mediocre Golf Association. The names, tournaments, awards and remarks are all pretty darn funny. It appears that Miguel Slowvick's nickname might be Jacklegg. The only place I could actually find the word was on his page, at the top in the page title.

• avgjoe88avgjoe88 Members Posts: 3

This may not be a popular suggestion but here goes. I used to work in a state prison for 10 years. Through that time I had taken multiple classes on the different gangs or "security threat groups" as they liked to call them. The playboy bunny symbol as well as 6 point stars are popular within these groups. I can't remember what represents what, but if my memory serves me correctly gangs in the "folks" nation are usually represented with a 6 point star, and I also believe they represent the right side of the body. Basically what I am trying to say is that IF this is gang affiliated it could be something made up by a person in the "peoples" nation gang and are basically disrespecting the "folks" nation by having the 6 turned upside down as well as the right ear (depending on how you look at it) turned down. This is just the idea i got as soon as I seen your picture.

• AppAlumAppAlum Members Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭✭

That seems quite likely on a Southern Tide Polo 😂

• HappyGilmoresBootsHappyGilmoresBoots Scramble King MichiganMembers Posts: 51 ✭✭

@AppAlum said:
    That seems quite likely on a Southern Tide Polo 😂

Wild gangs of accountants and guys named Bill from middle management roam the streets, looking to cause chaos with core competencies and synergy. Their SWOT analyses indicate that theirs are the starchiest collars and the most pleated khakis. From their thousand-foot perspective, things are looking good.

• Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Open Championship! IowaClubWRX Posts: 18,402 ClubWRX
    edited Sep 11, 2019 12:59am #29

@avgjoe88 said:
    This may not be a popular suggestion but here goes. I used to work in a state prison for 10 years. Through that time I had taken multiple classes on the different gangs or "security threat groups" as they liked to call them. The playboy bunny symbol as well as 6 point stars are popular within these groups. I can't remember what represents what, but if my memory serves me correctly gangs in the "folks" nation are usually represented with a 6 point star, and I also believe they represent the right side of the body. Basically what I am trying to say is that IF this is gang affiliated it could be something made up by a person in the "peoples" nation gang and are basically disrespecting the "folks" nation by having the 6 turned upside down as well as the right ear (depending on how you look at it) turned down. This is just the idea i got as soon as I seen your picture.

I doubt it will be seen as unpopular, just a little weird.

Golf shirts and embroidery just don't quite lead me straight to a prison connection, lol. You work at the Augusta Pro Shop and it just seemed that way?

(And hope lightning does not strike me down or my lottery chances aren't dashed forever!)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file