A case of the 'if only's.

2»

Comments

• uitar9uitar9 Members Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭

My last three rounds, 73, 79, 93. Last nights 9 hole mens..... 52. As a 19 cap, that's what I have to expect. That's the reality. Last two times out...couldn't buy a putt.
    Have to always remember the good times...the good company, the hawk that was sitting 20 feet from me on my approach on 9...being still able to walk the course at 66.

[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]WITB[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]KZG OS11 12 degree driver
    Calloway 16 5-wood
    Calloway
    [/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]20.5 [/font][font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]heavenwood
    Cobra 24.5 9-wood
    [/font]

[font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]KZG 5-PW irons[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]KZG 52 and 56 wedges[/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]TM Spider mallet[/font]
  • lchanglchang Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭✭✭

@uitar9 said:
    My last three rounds, 73, 79, 93. Last nights 9 hole mens..... 52. As a 19 cap, that's what I have to expect. That's the reality. Last two times out...couldn't buy a putt.
    Have to always remember the good times...the good company, the hawk that was sitting 20 feet from me on my approach on 9...being still able to walk the course at 66.

A 73 and a 79 and you’re still a 19 index?! What are next best 8 scores of your last 20?! :o

On the thread topic: Like others, I find the If-Only thinking keeps me coming back to the game. It’s also comforting after a bad round: sure I shot 15 shots worse than expected, but “If Only I played those 7 holes over again anywhere near as well as I can, I’d have shot a decent score!”

• BrennanfBrennanf Members Posts: 66 ✭✭

If I could only find the fairway. :D

• dayvei214dayvei214 Members Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    edited Aug 13, 2019 1:53pm #35

I hate the if only(s).
    I play at a course similar and I always say if only I eagle that par 4. And birdie the par 5 I would be in good shape.

Well, I did that Last week, and I collapsed on the par 3 and a couple of par 4s ended up with the same score.... Of 82 erggggggggg

@lchang said:

@uitar9 said:

A 73 and a 79 and you’re still a 19 index?! What are next best 8 scores of your last 20?! :o

On the thread topic: Like others, I find the If-Only thinking keeps me coming back to the game. It’s also comforting after a bad round: sure I shot 15 shots worse than expected, but “If Only I played those 7 holes over again anywhere near as well as I can, I’d have shot a decent score!”

85, 81, 85, 80, 82, 47 times 2. The 47's are a par 72. Those 80's are on a par 68.
    I only use a phone app for the hcp for my own interest, but compared to others I play with its probably right on.
    I still enjoyed that 73

Calloway 16 5-wood
    Calloway
    [/font]
    [font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]20.5 [/font][font=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]heavenwood
    Cobra 24.5 9-wood
    [/font]

• LeftDaddyLeftDaddy Members Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, the “if only” exercise gets me every time.

I shot 81 the other day with 2 triples and 2 doubles. One of the triples was on an easy par 5. I lost 2 balls on that hole each with what I thought were good shots.

The other triple is the one that really burned me up. I bombed a 3 wood to the dead middle of the fairway. 9 iron left into green. Pull draw it right but hole high and greenside in 2. Then I proceed to be the biggest moron ever and make a really stupid decision and end up with a triple.

That still had me seething when I putted out for an 81 on 18.

Callaway 815 BBA DBD, Aldila Rogue Stiff
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Deep, 14.5, Aldila Tour Green stiff
    Callaway Apex MB UT 2 iron, Project X PXI 6.0
    Callaway 2013 X-forged (3-5), Project X PXI 6.0
    Callaway Apex MB (6-PW), KBS Tour V stiff
    Vokey SM5 54, Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Chrome 58, both with KBS Tour
    Bettinardi BB1
  • lchanglchang Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭✭✭

@uitar9 said:

@lchang said:

@uitar9 said:

85, 81, 85, 80, 82, 47 times 2. The 47's are a par 72. Those 80's are on a par 68.
    I only use a phone app for the hcp for my own interest, but compared to others I play with its probably right on.
    I still enjoyed that 73

Hmmm. I guess that course’s rating is in the low 60’s?!

@lchang said:

@uitar9 said:

@lchang said:

@uitar9 said:

I still enjoyed that 73

Hmmm. I guess that course’s rating is in the low 60’s?!

62.9/110

Calloway 16 5-wood
    Calloway
    [/font]
    Cobra 24.5 9-wood
    [/font]

• ShipwreckShipwreck Members Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

There’s a guy in my club that is the “shoulda been” guy.

“Hey Joe, what did you get on #8?”
    “A 6 but it shoulda been a 4!”

Well next time fill out your card with what it “shoulda been” and I’ll keep the real score.

Bag as of 14MAY2019
    Driver - Cobra F9 Speedback w/ Evenflow White 76x
    3w - Cobra F8 w/ HZRDS RED 6.5
    Hybrid - Cobra F7 w/ Fuji VTS Silver Stiff
    Irons - Titleist 718 AP2 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 4-9
    Wedges Titleist SM7 w/ AMT S300 Tour White 46/50/54/60
    Putter - Odyssey O-Works #7

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file