Matt Wallace and caddy

124»

Comments

  • MMB1500MMB1500 Members Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • Ashley SchaefferAshley Schaeffer Members Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @MMB1500 said:

    @Ashley Schaeffer said:
    Fiery and passionate.

    Or a [email protected]

    Yes, if he was from Fort Worth or Jacksonville or Seattle.
    He will get a pass in the end.

    8.5* TS3 - Evenflow White T-1100
    15* M2 2017
    18* M2 2017
    4-PW Mizuno JPX850F
    SM7 50*, 54*, 60*
    SC Newport Two
  • No_Catchy_NicknameNo_Catchy_Nickname Kyushu,_JapanMembers Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Foreleft said:
    Seems a certain percentage of Ping's professional staff falls somewhere on the personality disorder spectrum.

    I'm not sure that Louis Oosthuizen's inordinate love of tractors counts as a personality disorder...

    Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
    4w: TaylorMade R9 stock Fujikura Motore X flex
    7w TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
    Hybrid: RomaRo iBrid 23* Attas EZ 85S
    Irons (4i-PW): Wilson fg-62 S300 4/5-PW or MP4 Yoro Modus 125X 5-PW
    Wedges: Callaway MD2 T-grind combination of 52*, 56*, 58*, 60*
    Putter: Mac Jack Nicklaus Muirfield

    Old stuff: Tons of persimmon and older irons. 
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,616 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

    @Foreleft said:
    Seems a certain percentage of Ping's professional staff falls somewhere on the personality disorder spectrum.

    I'm not sure that Louis Oosthuizen's inordinate love of tractors counts as a personality disorder...

    Speaking for my father in law. There is a line with tractor love. Lol. You wouldn’t believe the tractor love sub culture that exists.

    Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights 


  • No_Catchy_NicknameNo_Catchy_Nickname Kyushu,_JapanMembers Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @bladehunter said:

    @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

    @Foreleft said:
    Seems a certain percentage of Ping's professional staff falls somewhere on the personality disorder spectrum.

    I'm not sure that Louis Oosthuizen's inordinate love of tractors counts as a personality disorder...

    Speaking for my father in law. There is a line with tractor love. Lol. You wouldn’t believe the tractor love sub culture that exists.

    I hope this isn't a Rule 34 thing.....

    Driver: Ping G400 Tour 65S
    4w: TaylorMade R9 stock Fujikura Motore X flex
    7w TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
    Hybrid: RomaRo iBrid 23* Attas EZ 85S
    Irons (4i-PW): Wilson fg-62 S300 4/5-PW or MP4 Yoro Modus 125X 5-PW
    Wedges: Callaway MD2 T-grind combination of 52*, 56*, 58*, 60*
    Putter: Mac Jack Nicklaus Muirfield

    Old stuff: Tons of persimmon and older irons. 
  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @johnnythunders said:
    Yes I do but he most people don’t talk out loud like mister motor mouth.

    @Ferguson said:

    @johnnythunders said:
    There are a number of golfers I have absolutely no use for and number #1 on the list is one Jordan Speith. He is always talking, talking, whining, whinning. And blaming his caddie as recently demonstrated by his outburst where he yelled at Michael, two perfect shots, Michael, two perfect shots, implying that he got the yardage wrong.

    So why is he not getting roasted over social media?

    Number #2 is A tie between Sergio and Bubba Watson, both complete head cases who love to blame their caddies for everything.

    So is mister Wallace on my list, not yet but he could be.

    Jordan talks to himself. It's a technique he learned from Dr. Marty Seldman, a pioneer in the craft of self-talk.

    "You can make this shot, Jordan."
    or
    "This is a big carry, Jordan."

    See the difference?

    @Ferguson said:

    @johnnythunders said:
    There are a number of golfers I have absolutely no use for and number #1 on the list is one Jordan Speith. He is always talking, talking, whining, whinning. And blaming his caddie as recently demonstrated by his outburst where he yelled at Michael, two perfect shots, Michael, two perfect shots, implying that he got the yardage wrong.

    So why is he not getting roasted over social media?

    Number #2 is A tie between Sergio and Bubba Watson, both complete head cases who love to blame their caddies for everything.

    So is mister Wallace on my list, not yet but he could be.

    Jordan talks to himself. It's a technique he learned from Dr. Marty Seldman, a pioneer in the craft of self-talk.

    "You can make this shot, Jordan."
    or
    "This is a big carry, Jordan."

    See the difference?

    @Ferguson said:

    @johnnythunders said:
    There are a number of golfers I have absolutely no use for and number #1 on the list is one Jordan Speith. He is always talking, talking, whining, whinning. And blaming his caddie as recently demonstrated by his outburst where he yelled at Michael, two perfect shots, Michael, two perfect shots, implying that he got the yardage wrong.

    So why is he not getting roasted over social media?

    Number #2 is A tie between Sergio and Bubba Watson, both complete head cases who love to blame their caddies for everything.

    So is mister Wallace on my list, not yet but he could be.

    Jordan talks to himself. It's a technique he learned from Dr. Marty Seldman, a pioneer in the craft of self-talk.

    "You can make this shot, Jordan."
    or
    "This is a big carry, Jordan."

    See the difference?

    @Ferguson said:

    @johnnythunders said:
    There are a number of golfers I have absolutely no use for and number #1 on the list is one Jordan Speith. He is always talking, talking, whining, whinning. And blaming his caddie as recently demonstrated by his outburst where he yelled at Michael, two perfect shots, Michael, two perfect shots, implying that he got the yardage wrong.

    So why is he not getting roasted over social media?

    Number #2 is A tie between Sergio and Bubba Watson, both complete head cases who love to blame their caddies for everything.

    So is mister Wallace on my list, not yet but he could be.

    Jordan talks to himself. It's a technique he learned from Dr. Marty Seldman, a pioneer in the craft of self-talk.

    "You can make this shot, Jordan."
    or
    "This is a big carry, Jordan."

    See the difference?

    Advice from the life coach and the thoughts coach.

  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @buckeyefl said:

    @MattyO1984 said:
    I'm a big Wallace fan. One of my friends went to the same college as him and told me to keep an eye out on him and the progression he has made the last 2-3 years has been incredible. That said, his behaviour does leave a lot to be desired of at times. I am sure that he himself realises it, his thoughts after the British Masters would seem to confirm that. It's all a learning process.

    Looking at it from a slightly different perspective though, the first thing that I thought of when I saw the images was what was known as the Sir Alex Ferguson hairdryer treatment. He was renowned for losing his cool and that he did became stuff of legend. I am sure that he mellowed as he got older but it's all but certain that his behaviour went above and beyond what was called for on occasion. Wallace's did here but surely he will learn from it.

    He hasn't yet even though he admits it's a problem. It's not like we are talking about an 18 year old kid.

    I get that. By the same token in the last year or so he has gone from a golfing back water to being a Top 25 player. The amount of eyes on him has clearly increased significantly with expectations on his golf increasing at the same time. It's a first world problem but the pressure on him is more than it used to be and some people don't do well under pressure especially when they are not used to it.

    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • Man_O_WarMan_O_War Members Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Seve was different league on this behaviour.

    Cobra F9 Camo/LTD PRO/LTD BLACK  Matrix F6M2/Project X LZ 6.0 71g HC/ 
    Cobra LTD 3/4 Kai'li 80
    Cobra LTD 4/5 Kai'li 80
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Cobra Fly Z  Pro Irons Modus 120x SSx2 4-pw
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
    Machine LN M6
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @MattyO1984 said:

    @buckeyefl said:

    @MattyO1984 said:
    I'm a big Wallace fan. One of my friends went to the same college as him and told me to keep an eye out on him and the progression he has made the last 2-3 years has been incredible. That said, his behaviour does leave a lot to be desired of at times. I am sure that he himself realises it, his thoughts after the British Masters would seem to confirm that. It's all a learning process.

    Looking at it from a slightly different perspective though, the first thing that I thought of when I saw the images was what was known as the Sir Alex Ferguson hairdryer treatment. He was renowned for losing his cool and that he did became stuff of legend. I am sure that he mellowed as he got older but it's all but certain that his behaviour went above and beyond what was called for on occasion. Wallace's did here but surely he will learn from it.

    He hasn't yet even though he admits it's a problem. It's not like we are talking about an 18 year old kid.

    I get that. By the same token in the last year or so he has gone from a golfing back water to being a Top 25 player. The amount of eyes on him has clearly increased significantly with expectations on his golf increasing at the same time. It's a first world problem but the pressure on him is more than it used to be and some people don't do well under pressure especially when they are not used to it.

    Thats not a first world problem, its an excuse. Dont do well under pressure? Not used to it? Is he new to golf? Just started playing for a living? Come on man.

  • FifegolferFifegolfer Members Posts: 9 ✭✭

    @OldTomMorris said:
    At times Matt Wallace makes it very difficult to like him. He's constantly berating his caddy and its my belief that his on-course attitude is a big obstacle for him. He wastes ridiculous amounts of mental energy with histrionics complaining about anything and everything that he perceives as a bad break or hasn't worked out as he planned.
    In fairness to the player he has acknowledged this publicly and is on record as saying he is working on it but I see zero signs of improvement at all.
    Despite all that Wallace is clearly a player on the rise and financially speaking it would be a lucrative bag to be on.

    I think he may be on the spectrum, just watch his interviews they are always a wee bit odd

  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    He just picked up his own bag for the caddy. Message received hopefully.

  • DavethegolferDavethegolfer Members Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭

    If you watch the Round with Radar video you get a better feel for him as a person. I think he is a little shy but highly competitive and hates losing. All in all probably a good combination for losing the plot occasionally!!!!

  • DavethegolferDavethegolfer Members Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭
  • gunmetalgunmetal IdahoMembers Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @Davethegolfer said:
    Here yo

    3:19 - I hit a nice shot, I've just gone long. I blame the caddy...." LOL
    There's probably a greater possibility for player blow ups these days as they seem to rely WAY more on caddies than ever before. I hear interviews with players from the Nicklaus era basically saying their caddies were there to keep up and shut up so to speak. Nowadays it's a "team" deal so I could see them being a bit peeved when the caddie makes a mistake. Still really no excuse to publicly berate the guy - plenty of time to do that not in front of the cameras and crowds.

  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Those comments are gold.

  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • BabydaddyBabydaddy Members Posts: 935 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Foreleft said:
    Seems a certain percentage of Ping's professional staff falls somewhere on the personality disorder spectrum.

    That's really funny- and somewhat true!

  • Birdie MacBirdie Mac Members Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Wow. Honestly didn't see that coming. Didn't take long.

  • DLiverDLiver Members Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @buckeyefl said:
    Those comments are gold.

    Oh man they sure are! Thanks for mentioning that--I never would have read them otherwise.

  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    Matt Wallace and Steve Williams?!

    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @OldTomMorris said:

    Matt Wallace and Steve Williams?!

    I have images of them rolling around on the ground, trading blows over whether it’s a 4 or 5 iron.

    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Diamana D+
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file