Tour Striker Planemate

BDowning ·  
BDowningBDowning  180WRX Points: 94Members Posts: 180

Has anyone gave this training tool a try? Looks like it works and I'm in the market for a potential purchase, but want to find some reviews on it first.

Posted:

Comments

• jgard320jgard320  467WRX Points: 88ClubWRX Posts: 467

Still hasn’t shipped out the preorders yet. Saw a post on IG suggesting possibly next week.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • phillyspecialphillyspecial  505WRX Points: 105Members Posts: 505

Got mine today. As a guy who has been chasing shallowing the club properly going on 5 years w minimal success , I’ll try anything. To start, I finally felt what it was like to get proper width and rotation in a 9-3 drill. Also felt what it was like to resist with width to avoid my killer arm overrun. The relax and shallow move will take time. That did not click instantly. Relaxing the band did for sure but was difficult to rotate and hit it properly from there. But day 1. Very cool from a feel perspective using the resistance bands. Adds another dimension and I can see this having a **** of a lot more use than nearly any other training aid device I’ve used in my golf life.

Posted:
  • tdennietdennie  88WRX Points: 23Members Posts: 88

I got mine during the first release window. It's definitely one of the better training aids I have come across. The only wonky part of the tool is when hitting full shots with it. The band will wrap up against you arm so you almost have to have a punch shot like finish. Other than that, I imagine this training aid would be helpful for those who have issues with their backswing and shallowing the club on the downswing.

Posted:
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky  2369WRX Points: 787Members Posts: 2,369

On -, @tdennie said:

I got mine during the first release window. It's definitely one of the better training aids I have come across. The only wonky part of the tool is when hitting full shots with it. The band will wrap up against you arm so you almost have to have a punch shot like finish. Other than that, I imagine this training aid would be helpful for those who have issues with their backswing and shallowing the club on the downswing.

Isn’t that the purpose of it to make sure you have good form throughout the swing and the band not get tangled up and stay outside the hands.

From what I’ve seen in the ig videos posted by David woods and Martin chuck that’s the impression I get

Posted:
  • tdennietdennie  88WRX Points: 23Members Posts: 88

No I mean that even on a good swing it overlaps your arm in the follow through. During the backswing and downswing it should definitely not get tangled up in your arms or you are not using it correctly. The follow through feels a bit shortened in that you cannot bring the club behind you in your finish. Look at anyone swing it and their follow through is almost like a punch shot because if they didn't do that the band would be wrapped up in your arms.

Regardless it is a great training tool and seems to help everyone I have seen use it and I would highly recommend getting it.

Posted:
  • GolfahGolfah  318WRX Points: 68Members Posts: 318

Removed

Posted:
    Post edited by Golfah on

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.