***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***

Update 8/14 - ***Migration work continues. Estimate Go Live to new board 8/17***

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Golf Tantrum Videos...funny or not?

BeerPerHole ·  
BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members  1655WRX Points: 499Posts: 1,655 Platinum Tees

Does anybody else laugh at these too? I like at the one at 1:40 where they put a tracer on the club flying off... Guilty pleasure...

Posted:
Ping GMax 400, Tour Stiff, 8*
Mizuno Forged JPX 900 Irons
A Couple of Ping Glide Wedges
Ping Anser G Putter
Ping G400 5-Wood
Snell MTB-X
Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA

Comments

• SNIPERBBBSNIPERBBB Hit Ball Hard SE OhioMembers  3539WRX Points: 942Handicap: 2.9Posts: 3,539 Titanium Tees

Happy Gilmore cured me of that particular vice.

Posted:
    2016 M1 9.5 tuned to 7.5
    TM r15 3 wood
    Adams Idea Pro 2h/4h
    Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
    Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
    Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
    Vokey SM7 58* M Grind
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • NCLancerNCLancer was Northern NY now The NC Triangle Members  327WRX Points: 199Posts: 327 Greens

Unfunny to me...if you hate your clubs so much just donate them to a First Tee or a local club.

Posted:
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members  1655WRX Points: 499Posts: 1,655 Platinum Tees

On -, @NCLancer said:

Unfunny to me...if you hate your clubs so much just donate them to a First Tee or a local club.

Of course. I supposed one could say that the Three Stooges is bad because violence is bad. Kidding...I get your point. My family has donated a lot of gear to our local first tee. Last year I gave a beautiful set of RBZ irons to our California Eagles organization (special needs kids and adults...love that organization).
    I've only seen one club destroyed firsthand in my golfing past. Buddy threw down his driver and it bounced back up in three pieces.

Posted:
    Ping GMax 400, Tour Stiff, 8*
    Mizuno Forged JPX 900 Irons
    A Couple of Ping Glide Wedges
    Ping Anser G Putter
    Ping G400 5-Wood
    Snell MTB-X
    Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA
  • Bob CatBob Cat Golfopath Members  2089WRX Points: 851Handicap: ~9Posts: 2,089 Platinum Tees

I never like to see people or the course harmed... but some of those were pretty darn funny.

Shot tracer was a nice touch.

Posted:

"I challenge, transform, and instill confidence in young men through the life lessons learned from the game of golf."

Taylormade M1
    TaylorMade R5 Dual (3) / R580 (7)
    Ping i15 / Zing 2
    Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
    TM Spider Tour Black / SC Futura Phantom
    Titleist ProV1
    Titleist Hybrid 14
    Clicgear 4.0
  • ohioglfrohioglfr Municipal Junkie Dayton, OhioMembers  945WRX Points: 214Handicap: 16Posts: 945 Golden Tee

This one's been around a few years but I always get a kick out of it . . .

Posted:

Adams Speedline 9088UL 10.5* AXIVCore 69 Black (S)
    Ping G SF Tec 3W, 5W Alta 65 (R)
    Ping G 4H,5H Alta 70 (R)
    Ping G 6-U TT XP 95 (soft R)
    Ping Glide 54*, 58* WS TT XP 100 (R)
    Ping Darby Sigma G

• golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members  3885WRX Points: 1,443Handicap: 4Posts: 3,885 Titanium Tees

Meh, most of these were for the benefit of the camera, totally premeditated and only for show. The best are spontaneous, quick and unpredictable and therefore live in our memories.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • KAndyManKAndyMan JUST GOTTA SEND IT!!! Trident/Lowcountry areaMembers  427WRX Points: 175Handicap: ManyPosts: 427 Greens

Couple of them were funny. I like it when people get angry with their clubs and break them. The hoe in me picks them up, puts a shaft in them and bam new cheep club. Thats how i got my nike 5 wood. Man i love that club!
    Im also confused by how some of those guys can even get angry hitting those horrible shots with the swings they have. I dont get that angry if i burn something on the stove bc i know im not Emeril Lagasse....

Posted:
  • shanxshanx Members  936WRX Points: 253Posts: 936 Golden Tee

We have all been there....I learned my lesson when I "helicoptered" a 9iron over a 9foot fence in frustration. After I calmed down, I had to scale a 9foot fence to get it, which I almost broke my ankle doing.

Played this week with some kids that were pretty drunk by the turn. One guy beat his irons, wedges and putter into the ground for the last 9 holes, culminating in an epic driver toss on the 18th tee that lead to some major "road rash" on the head...

It's too much sometimes..

Posted:
  • marmadukmarmaduk Members  440WRX Points: 312Handicap: my golf swingPosts: 440 Greens

I don’t understand, all those swings looked so good. Why get mad?

Posted:
    WITB: Epon, Ryoma, A-Grind, Yururi, Bettinardi
    http://www.golfwrx.c...-pic-heavy-jdm/

Trees may be 90% air but they're 100% angry.
  • MullymanMullyman United StatesMembers  84WRX Points: 70Handicap: 21Posts: 84 Fairways

On -, @NCLancer said:

Agree, I really do not enjoy playing with individuals who can,t control their temper or every other word is a curse word.

Posted:
  • aenematedaenemated Los Angeles, CAMembers  688WRX Points: 822Posts: 688 Golden Tee

I'm generally of the opinion that showing your **** on the course is obnoxious and I pretty much won't play with anyone that does it.

... but the dude that slide tackled his bag then took out his buddy? Yeah, that was funny AF.

Posted:

Titleist TS4 9.5°
    Titleist TS2 FW 15°, 18°
    Titleist TS3 Hybrid 22°
    PXG 0211 5-PW
    Miura 52°, 56°, 58° RTG
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

Advertisement
  • RichsgboxRichsgbox Members  265WRX Points: 58Posts: 265 Greens

Funny on TV but killjoy if theyre in your group.

Posted:
  • Higgs66Higgs66 Members  67WRX Points: 55Posts: 67 Bunkers

It's a game...

Posted:
  • jak77jak77 Members  121WRX Points: 32Posts: 121 Fairways

Most of it wasnt that funny. But the shot tracer one sure was haha.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.