Australia Trip

Heading down to Brisbane for work the end of July/beginning of August and should have 2 weekends free. I was down last year around the same time and took a 3 day trip down to tasmania to play Barnbougle which was absolutely incredible. This trip im looking to just stay in brisbane to avoid additional travel time (yes yes i know melbourne/the sandbelt are the place to go) so im Looking for any recommendations and/or any local WRXers who might wanna meet up for a round or could sponsor me onto any of the harder to get on tracks. Thanks!

Comments

  • ChancemanChanceman Members Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Brookwater is an awesome track just south of Brissy, public access too.

  • ljrad1995ljrad1995 Members Posts: 98 ✭✭

    Interesting. I haven't played heaps of golf in brisbane but my recommendations are probably: brookwater, royal queensland (access may be a pain), the brisbane golf club, indooroopilly (36 holes), pacific harbour and even keperra golf club are all quite good. A little further adrift on the sunshine coast and you've got pelican waters etc which is also quite good.

    TM M1 430cc 2016 9.5*. Hzrdus black 6.0 63g shaft.
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 3W (15*) and 5W (18*) Fuji pro green 72X.
    Srixon U65 2 iron, aerotech steelfiber 110X.
    Mizuno MP4 3-PW, Dynalite gold X100 shafts.
    Mizuno T7 50.07, 55.09 and 60.10 blue ion. Dynalite gold X100
    RIFE antigua Island series blade putter
    Titleist ProV1x ball

    5W and 2 Iron sub based on course and wind conditions, 50* replaces them on short courses.
  • benno_rbenno_r Members Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Zac1321 said:
    Heading down to Brisbane for work the end of July/beginning of August and should have 2 weekends free. I was down last year around the same time and took a 3 day trip down to tasmania to play Barnbougle which was absolutely incredible. This trip im looking to just stay in brisbane to avoid additional travel time (yes yes i know melbourne/the sandbelt are the place to go) so im Looking for any recommendations and/or any local WRXers who might wanna meet up for a round or could sponsor me onto any of the harder to get on tracks. Thanks!

    Get in touch when you have arrived, I can host you at Royal Queensland. Otherwise Brookwater is quality, or if you want to try something really crazy, Kooralbyn is the place Jason Day and Adam Scott learned to play golf.

    Cobra F9 - Accra CS1 60 M3
    Cobra Bio Cell 4w - Accra CS1 70 M3
    Mizuno JPX850 - Altus Hybrid
    Wilson c300 forged 4-GW - Paderson Kevlar Green 110
    GrindWorks 54/58
    Toulon - with Edel / Lajosi / Ping / Xenon / Odyssey / Black Lab on possible rotation
  • Zac1321Zac1321 Members Posts: 137 ✭✭✭

    @benno_r said:

    @Zac1321 said:
    Heading down to Brisbane for work the end of July/beginning of August and should have 2 weekends free. I was down last year around the same time and took a 3 day trip down to tasmania to play Barnbougle which was absolutely incredible. This trip im looking to just stay in brisbane to avoid additional travel time (yes yes i know melbourne/the sandbelt are the place to go) so im Looking for any recommendations and/or any local WRXers who might wanna meet up for a round or could sponsor me onto any of the harder to get on tracks. Thanks!

    Get in touch when you have arrived, I can host you at Royal Queensland. Otherwise Brookwater is quality, or if you want to try something really crazy, Kooralbyn is the place Jason Day and Adam Scott learned to play golf.

    thanks a ton benno, much appreciated. my next question was going to be if anyone knew of any process for getting on at royal queensland. I don't belong to a private here in the states and in looking at reciprocals on the website it didn't seem like that would matter regardless. Brookwater looks fantastic, thanks for the recommendations everyone

  • benno_rbenno_r Members Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Zac1321 said:

    @benno_r said:

    @Zac1321 said:
    Heading down to Brisbane for work the end of July/beginning of August and should have 2 weekends free. I was down last year around the same time and took a 3 day trip down to tasmania to play Barnbougle which was absolutely incredible. This trip im looking to just stay in brisbane to avoid additional travel time (yes yes i know melbourne/the sandbelt are the place to go) so im Looking for any recommendations and/or any local WRXers who might wanna meet up for a round or could sponsor me onto any of the harder to get on tracks. Thanks!

    Get in touch when you have arrived, I can host you at Royal Queensland. Otherwise Brookwater is quality, or if you want to try something really crazy, Kooralbyn is the place Jason Day and Adam Scott learned to play golf.

    thanks a ton benno, much appreciated. my next question was going to be if anyone knew of any process for getting on at royal queensland. I don't belong to a private here in the states and in looking at reciprocals on the website it didn't seem like that would matter regardless. Brookwater looks fantastic, thanks for the recommendations everyone

    They do let visitors on - as long a you don't live in QLD anyone can play. I assume the international visitor rate is probably not worth it. Members guest rate is somewhere around us$65 or so. Just let me know what dates you are planning as I have a few commitments around that time. Are weekdays possible for you?

    Cobra F9 - Accra CS1 60 M3
    Cobra Bio Cell 4w - Accra CS1 70 M3
    Mizuno JPX850 - Altus Hybrid
    Wilson c300 forged 4-GW - Paderson Kevlar Green 110
    GrindWorks 54/58
    Toulon - with Edel / Lajosi / Ping / Xenon / Odyssey / Black Lab on possible rotation
  • Zac1321Zac1321 Members Posts: 137 ✭✭✭

    @benno_r said:

    @Zac1321 said:

    @benno_r said:

    @Zac1321 said:
    Heading down to Brisbane for work the end of July/beginning of August and should have 2 weekends free. I was down last year around the same time and took a 3 day trip down to tasmania to play Barnbougle which was absolutely incredible. This trip im looking to just stay in brisbane to avoid additional travel time (yes yes i know melbourne/the sandbelt are the place to go) so im Looking for any recommendations and/or any local WRXers who might wanna meet up for a round or could sponsor me onto any of the harder to get on tracks. Thanks!

    Get in touch when you have arrived, I can host you at Royal Queensland. Otherwise Brookwater is quality, or if you want to try something really crazy, Kooralbyn is the place Jason Day and Adam Scott learned to play golf.

    thanks a ton benno, much appreciated. my next question was going to be if anyone knew of any process for getting on at royal queensland. I don't belong to a private here in the states and in looking at reciprocals on the website it didn't seem like that would matter regardless. Brookwater looks fantastic, thanks for the recommendations everyone

    They do let visitors on - as long a you don't live in QLD anyone can play. I assume the international visitor rate is probably not worth it. Members guest rate is somewhere around us$65 or so. Just let me know what dates you are planning as I have a few commitments around that time. Are weekdays possible for you?

    Apologies on not getting back sooner, works been nuts, im in Brisbane now and the 2 days that would work for me to golf would be Aug 3rd or 4th. Hopefully that works if not there’s availability to get on brookwater or Indooroopilly which both look fantastic

  • benno_rbenno_r Members Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Zac1321 said:
    Apologies on not getting back sooner, works been nuts, im in Brisbane now and the 2 days that would work for me to golf would be Aug 3rd or 4th. Hopefully that works if not there’s availability to get on brookwater or Indooroopilly which both look fantastic

    Ahhh ****, that's rounds 2 and 3 of my home club championships (Maryborough), so I couldn't make either day unfortunately. The Friday or Monday either side would work.

    Brookwater is a great track, very different from most Brisbane member style tracks (like Indooroopilly), though both are worth a play.

    Cobra F9 - Accra CS1 60 M3
    Cobra Bio Cell 4w - Accra CS1 70 M3
    Mizuno JPX850 - Altus Hybrid
    Wilson c300 forged 4-GW - Paderson Kevlar Green 110
    GrindWorks 54/58
    Toulon - with Edel / Lajosi / Ping / Xenon / Odyssey / Black Lab on possible rotation
  • benno_rbenno_r Members Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Did you get on anywhere?

    Cobra F9 - Accra CS1 60 M3
    Cobra Bio Cell 4w - Accra CS1 70 M3
    Mizuno JPX850 - Altus Hybrid
    Wilson c300 forged 4-GW - Paderson Kevlar Green 110
    GrindWorks 54/58
    Toulon - with Edel / Lajosi / Ping / Xenon / Odyssey / Black Lab on possible rotation
  • Zac1321Zac1321 Members Posts: 137 ✭✭✭

    yeah, I ended up getting out on Brookwater and Indooroopilly(played the green and the red).

    Brookwater was fun, not what I was expecting to see out of an aussie course at all and the style of it reminded me a lot of some courses here in the states.
    Absolutely loved Indooroopilly. Big fan of the concept they have there with having 4 9 hole loops that they can combine how they want to have essentially 6 different courses.
    a little bummed I couldn't work out getting on royal Queensland as its been a must play for me the last few years that ive made this trip but still cannot complain about these two courses at all

  • benno_rbenno_r Members Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Nice one! Brookwater is a little under rated. It used to be a lot tougher with crazier greens, but now they have softened it a bit, it's a lot of fun.

    Cobra F9 - Accra CS1 60 M3
    Cobra Bio Cell 4w - Accra CS1 70 M3
    Mizuno JPX850 - Altus Hybrid
    Wilson c300 forged 4-GW - Paderson Kevlar Green 110
    GrindWorks 54/58
    Toulon - with Edel / Lajosi / Ping / Xenon / Odyssey / Black Lab on possible rotation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file