GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE.

Diamana ZF

Comments

• jgard320jgard320 ClubWRX  500WRX Points: 96Posts: 500 ClubWRX

On -, @huckitchuckit said:

On -, @jgard320 said:

Literally just went rogue white in driver, 3w, 5w.....sheesh

Not a bad way to go...

Not at all. This profile is very intriguing. Looks to be a butt stiffer rogue white, maybe…?

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members  9758WRX Points: 1,656Posts: 9,758 Titanium Tees

Sry skipped a bunch of replies - Will this be CB'ed?

Posted:
    D - SIM Max 9* Tour Z Xtreme 465
    4w - SIM Ti Diamana B 80
    5w - Speedzone FX 2.0 380 or Speedzone 4i Modus 105
    Irons - P760 4-PW | Modus 120
    Glide 3.0 50/54/58 S400 Tour Issue
    Huntington Beach #1 or Toulon San Diego
    Ball - BXS

• BearQBearQ Members  3667WRX Points: 855Posts: 3,667 Titanium Tees

On -, @Z1ggy16 said:

It does not seem so

Posted:

• noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers  3286WRX Points: 608Handicap: 8.3Posts: 3,286 Titanium Tees

K>

On -, @BearQ said:

On -, @Z1ggy16 said:

It does not seem so

Historically, the Diamana shafts are not counter balanced shafts. Mitsubishi CB’s the Fubuki line and the infamous Tensei Pro Orange.

Posted:

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

• golfgolfgurugolfgolfguru Members  36WRX Points: 32Posts: 36 Bunkers

What’s the spin like compared to bf?

Posted:
  • noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers  3286WRX Points: 608Handicap: 8.3Posts: 3,286 Titanium Tees

On -, @golfgolfguru said:

What’s the spin like compared to bf?

Not many outside of Tour players will have hit the ZF at this point. Release date is in September. Mitsubishi says the ZF is mid launch low spin vs BF being mid launch mid-low spin.

Posted:

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

Advertisement
  • JoelKDJoelKD Members  49WRX Points: 37Posts: 49 Bunkers

Definitely ordering one of these to test in 70 tx

Posted:
  • 76mpg76mpg Members  395WRX Points: 116Posts: 395 Greens

Diamana ZF Press Release from 7/2/19:

Carlsbad, CA – (July 01, 2019) – For the first time ever, Mitsubishi Chemical is adding a fourth profile to their popular Diamana™ Fourth Generation Series. The new Diamana™ ZF builds on the success of the Diamana™ BF and provides the perfect option for players looking to push their distance farther.

“Diamana™ ZF-Series takes the signature ‘smooth’ bend profile that makes our BF-Series the shaft of choice for so many players and pushes it in just the right places,” says Mark Gunther, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for MCA GOLF. “The result is a profile that makes ZF a little more explosive and easier to accelerate.”

Like all of their Diamana™ Fourth Generation Series predecessors, Diamana™ ZF shafts owe their carefully calibrated stiffness and stability to two unique technologies: MR70 carbon fiber material, and Boron fiber.

MR70, used in both the butt and tip sections, is 20% stronger than conventional materials, with a 10% greater modulus (a measure of stiffness). This is bolstered by Boron fiber in the tip section to create the exact EI curve desired.

When compared to Diamana™ BF-Series, the Diamana™ ZF-Series shafts are a moderately stronger and more stable in both the butt and tip ends, with a slightly softer and more active middle for better energy transfer and acceleration. This produces a shaft that is incredibly solid during transition at the top of the swing and through impact, but with smooth speed and a lively feel.

Adding to the excitement around Diamana™ ZF-Series is the inclusion of 40g version, the lightest Fourth Generation Shaft offered to date.

“We’re extremely happy to have a 40g option within Diamana™ ZF,” says Gunther. “This opens the performance benefits of these unique Mitsubishi Chemical materials to a whole new range of players who prefer to play an ultra-lightweight shaft.”

Diamana™ ZF-Series are ideal for any player looking to increase clubhead acceleration while maintaining stability and control through impact.

Diamana™ ZF-Series will be available September, 13 2019 at MCA GOLF authorized retailers and dealers nationwide, with a suggested retail price of$400.

Weights and flexes:
    DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 40 (R2, R, S Flex)
    DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 50 (R, S, TX Flex)
    DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 60 (S, TX Flex)
    DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 70 (S, TX Flex)
    DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 80 (S, TX Flex)

Profile:
    Mid Launch and Low Spin

Technology Featured:

MR70
    Specifically designed and developed by Mitsubishi Chemical for high-performance applications, MR70 is an innovative new carbon fiber material that is 20% stronger with a 10% greater modulus than conventional materials.

BORON
    Boron fiber is equivalent in stiffness to high modulus carbon fiber, but with superior compression strength. As a result, it is often utilized for structural reinforcement, most notably in military applications. Mitsubishi Chemical uses Boron fiber in combination with other proprietary materials to produce prepreg options that deliver unprecedented strength and stability.

ION PLATING
    Ion Plating is a process that creates a sophisticated, premium finish that cannot be achieved by a simple paint application. The shafts are placed in a vacuum chamber where chrome or silver alloy ions are fused to the surface, creating a stunning finish that is more than worth the extra time.

ABOUT US
    MCA GOLF, INC. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, dedicated to designing and developing high performance composite golf shafts for discerning golfers everywhere. MCA GOLF, INC. leverages its own resources and raw materials through vertical integration, which gives it a competitive advantage. Over the years, it has been a leading supplier of premium composite golf shafts worldwide. With many of the world's best players using its golf shafts, MCA GOLF, INC. has established itself as a dominant force in the golf industry.

For additional information, please contact:

Stacey Benvenuto
    Brand Marketing / Tour Representative
    MCA GOLF, INC.
    E. [email protected]

Date:
    July 02, 2019

The chart on your website now says this is a mid launch mid spin shaft?

Posted:

I think you read the chart wrong.

Posted:

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

On -, @noodle3872 said:

I think you read the chart wrong.

It's the ei curve chart, not that one.

Posted:
    Post edited by 76mpg on
  • bkloessbkloess St. Louis, MOMembers  78WRX Points: 58Posts: 78 Fairways

On -, @mBiden2 said:

Diamana ZF Press Release from 7/2/19:

Carlsbad, CA – (July 01, 2019) – For the first time ever, Mitsubishi Chemical is adding a fourth profile to their popular Diamana™ Fourth Generation Series. The new Diamana™ ZF builds on the success of the Diamana™ BF and provides the perfect option for players looking to push their distance farther.

“Diamana™ ZF-Series takes the signature ‘smooth’ bend profile that makes our BF-Series the shaft of choice for so many players and pushes it in just the right places,” says Mark Gunther, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for MCA GOLF. “The result is a profile that makes ZF a little more explosive and easier to accelerate.”

Like all of their Diamana™ Fourth Generation Series predecessors, Diamana™ ZF shafts owe their carefully calibrated stiffness and stability to two unique technologies: MR70 carbon fiber material, and Boron fiber.

MR70, used in both the butt and tip sections, is 20% stronger than conventional materials, with a 10% greater modulus (a measure of stiffness). This is bolstered by Boron fiber in the tip section to create the exact EI curve desired.

When compared to Diamana™ BF-Series, the Diamana™ ZF-Series shafts are a moderately stronger and more stable in both the butt and tip ends, with a slightly softer and more active middle for better energy transfer and acceleration. This produces a shaft that is incredibly solid during transition at the top of the swing and through impact, but with smooth speed and a lively feel.

Adding to the excitement around Diamana™ ZF-Series is the inclusion of 40g version, the lightest Fourth Generation Shaft offered to date.

“We’re extremely happy to have a 40g option within Diamana™ ZF,” says Gunther. “This opens the performance benefits of these unique Mitsubishi Chemical materials to a whole new range of players who prefer to play an ultra-lightweight shaft.”

Diamana™ ZF-Series are ideal for any player looking to increase clubhead acceleration while maintaining stability and control through impact.

Diamana™ ZF-Series will be available September, 13 2019 at MCA GOLF authorized retailers and dealers nationwide, with a suggested retail price of$400.

Weights and flexes:
    DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 40 (R2, R, S Flex)
    DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 50 (R, S, TX Flex)
    DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 60 (S, TX Flex)
    DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 70 (S, TX Flex)
    DIAMANA™ ZF-Series 80 (S, TX Flex)

Profile:
    Mid Launch and Low Spin

Technology Featured:

MR70
    Specifically designed and developed by Mitsubishi Chemical for high-performance applications, MR70 is an innovative new carbon fiber material that is 20% stronger with a 10% greater modulus than conventional materials.

BORON
    Boron fiber is equivalent in stiffness to high modulus carbon fiber, but with superior compression strength. As a result, it is often utilized for structural reinforcement, most notably in military applications. Mitsubishi Chemical uses Boron fiber in combination with other proprietary materials to produce prepreg options that deliver unprecedented strength and stability.

ION PLATING
    Ion Plating is a process that creates a sophisticated, premium finish that cannot be achieved by a simple paint application. The shafts are placed in a vacuum chamber where chrome or silver alloy ions are fused to the surface, creating a stunning finish that is more than worth the extra time.

ABOUT US
    MCA GOLF, INC. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation, dedicated to designing and developing high performance composite golf shafts for discerning golfers everywhere. MCA GOLF, INC. leverages its own resources and raw materials through vertical integration, which gives it a competitive advantage. Over the years, it has been a leading supplier of premium composite golf shafts worldwide. With many of the world's best players using its golf shafts, MCA GOLF, INC. has established itself as a dominant force in the golf industry.

For additional information, please contact:

Stacey Benvenuto
    Brand Marketing / Tour Representative
    MCA GOLF, INC.
    E. [email protected]

Date:
    July 02, 2019

Sounds like a perfect 3w match to me!

I was thinking the exact same thing

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 9.5 w/ Rogue 125 TX
    Ping G30 13 w/ Tour AD-DI 8x
    Ping S55 (3-P) w/ Tour Issue DG x100 +.5
    Ping Tour Gorge 52/56/60 w/ DG TI S400
    Scotty 009/ Scotty FB+ Circle T
    Titleist Pro V1x

Advertisement
  • MITSUBISHI CHEMICALMITSUBISHI CHEMICAL Sponsors  162WRX Points: 213Posts: 162 Fairways

On -, @76mpg Hi - thanks for bringing this to our attention!

This issue is currently being resolved - Diamana ZF is considered Mid Launch - Low Spin.

Thanks again!

-Team MCA

Posted:

This issue is currently being resolved - Diamana ZF is considered Mid Launch - Low Spin.

Thanks again!

-Team MCA

Thanks for the reply, I look forward to giving the ZF a shot...beautiful looking product as well.

Posted:
  • gambitgambit Members  4465WRX Points: 267Posts: 4,465 Titanium Tees

Thanks again!

-Team MCA

Is the spin on par with with the DF? Debating if I should try this in driver or fw.

Posted:

SIM 9 / Tensei Pro Orange 60 TX

SIM 3/5 Woods / Tensei Pro Blue 70/80 TX

Tour Issue Adams Pro Mini 23 / AD DI 95x

Ping Blueprints 5-P / Steelfiber i110S

Ping Glide Forged 50-54-60 / Steelfiber i125S

Byron Morgan DH89

Titleist Linksmaster

• Cruisin1966Cruisin1966 Calgary, ABClubWRX  1149WRX Points: 320Handicap: 7.6Posts: 1,149 ClubWRX

On -, @gambit said:

Thanks again!

-Team MCA

Is the spin on par with with the DF? Debating if I should try this in driver or fw.

Make it easy on yourself. Get one for each ;-)

Posted:

**Retro Bag**
    Driver: Ping G LS Tec 9º
    Fairway: Titleist 915F 3W 15º
    Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 2H 18º
    Irons: Taylormade RAC Forged CB/TP 3-PW
    Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP 52º; Nike VR Pro Forged Brushed Oxide Raw 58º
    Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach 1

On -, @Cruisin1966 said:

On -, @gambit said:

Thanks again!

-Team MCA

Make it easy on yourself. Get one for each ;-)

I think you're right about that lol.

Posted:

Byron Morgan DH89

Titleist Linksmaster

Advertisement
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors  5112WRX Points: 411Posts: 5,112 Titanium Tees

Here are some good real world pics. The shaft is gorgeous. And yes we do have all weights and flexes available.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1789670/diamana-zf-photos-and-info#latest

Posted:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

I know it's early, but any comparison to feel against the Ventus black?

Posted:

Byron Morgan DH89

Titleist Linksmaster

• BearQBearQ Members  3667WRX Points: 855Posts: 3,667 Titanium Tees

Considering a 8tx in my next 3wood build. Likely straight in, as I’ve gone away from excessive tipping + tx models tip is already plenty stiff.

I’ve previously played a kai’li 80x and B series 80x both tipped 1”. I loved both setups but always wished for both to be tightened up a bit. ZF would be exactly that.

I’ve been on a 3w shaft deep ocean dive for a while. Also have current builds with black tie 80x, tour ad tp 8x- like them don’t love them. Still looking for that special 3w pairing...

Posted:

• zeke66zeke66 Members  202WRX Points: 76Posts: 202 Fairways

Looking to knock my descent angle down from Tensei PO 70tx and Ventus I’ve tried. Never driven the ball straighter than with ventus but really high no roll. ZF a candidate?

Posted:
  • Breezy-3-Breezy-3- Members  458WRX Points: 139Handicap: 6Posts: 458 Greens

On -, @zeke66 said:

Looking to knock my descent angle down from Tensei PO 70tx and Ventus I’ve tried. Never driven the ball straighter than with ventus but really high no roll. ZF a candidate?

Have you thought about the new Ventus Black? It’s a true low/low option in the same shaft family..

Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 9* Ventus Black 6X
    Taylormade M3 3HL Ventus Black 7X
    Titleist 915h 3H AD DI 105X
    Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-9 Nippon Modus 120x
    Mizuno T20 46* & 50* Nippon Modus 120x
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 54* & 58* Raw 
    Piretti Matera Elite
    Taylormade TP5

Advertisement
  • st_pedrost_pedro Members  153WRX Points: 259Handicap: 4Posts: 153 Fairways

Definitely mid launch then “flat” boring ball flight. Similar feeling to Tensei ckPro Blue but with mid high kick point.

Posted:

TaylorMade SIM MAX 9* Tensei Orange 6X or AV 6X
    TaylorMade SIM Ti 15* TourAD DI 7X or Orange 7X
    Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* TourAD DI 95X
    Miura TC201 4-P modus3 120X
    50* MD5 JAWS S-grind 
    54* MD5 JAWS S-grind
    58* MD5 JAWS C-grind
    All GolfPride Align Tour Velvet
    Odyssey Putter
    ToeUp #1 Stability Tour Shaft SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0
    or
    ToeUp #1 oWorks UST Shaft SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

Instagram
  • HidekiWoodsHidekiWoods Members  265WRX Points: 62Handicap: 4Posts: 265 Greens

Any swing data, Toll?

Posted:
    Epic SZ
    Apex Hybrid
    Srixon Z965
    MD Wedges

Night and Day Proto

On -, @Putn4par1 said:

On -, @st_pedro said:

On -, @HidekiWoods said:

Any swing data, Toll?

Swing speed 115mph based on Foresight GCQUAD
    Driver used Callaway Epic Flash Subzero triple diamond with -1 Neutral setting
    Average number based on 5 TP5X balls
    A slight correction on Tensei Orange Shaft was CKPro 6X not 6S

What was the Diamana ZF tipped at? Could you list the tipping on all the comparison shafts as well?

ZF 6X no tip for now
    Tensei Orange 6X tipped 0.5”
    Tensei Orange CkPro 6X as is
    Tensei Blue 6TX tipped 0.5”
    Fujikura EVO4 6X tipped 0.5”
    XC 6X & 7X standard

Trying to achieve D3 swing weight in general, Orange Tensei being counter balanced falls to D2
    ZF requires additional 5 grams of lead tape
    XC performed better without

Please take into account that personal swing error might affect in this testing

Posted:

50* MD5 JAWS S-grind 
    54* MD5 JAWS S-grind
    58* MD5 JAWS C-grind
    Odyssey Putter
    or

Instagram
  • PompsPomps Members  1063WRX Points: 84Handicap: 2.9Posts: 1,063 Platinum Tees

On -, @st_pedro said:

On -, @HidekiWoods said:

Any swing data, Toll?

You have the exact same swing/ball speed numbers that I have and the same driver head in the same -1 setting so this is very helpful! What's interesting is that the shaft you show says X but all the listings I see have TX. Are there both an X and TX in the ZF? I know some diamana versions have that. What were your thoughts on feel and dispersion?

Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM 9* - Kuro Kage Dual Core 60TX 44.5" D5)(
    Titleist 915f 15*(14.25*) - Diamana Ltd D+ 80x 43" (D4)
    Titleist 816 H1 17*(16*) - Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.8x 41" (D4)
    Titleist 915hd 20.5* (19.75*) - Diamana D+ 90s 40.5" (D4)
    TaylorMade p790 UDI 2 Iron - Project X Hzrdus Black 85 6.0 (D4; 2* flat)
    Srixon z785 4-9 - Project x6.5; 2* flat 
    Srixon z965 PW - Project x6.5; 2* flat
    Vokey SM6 F-Grind 51* (D5; 2* flat); Vokey SM7 S-Grind 56* (D5; 2* flat) & TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* (D7; 2* flat) - DG Tour Issue s400
    Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball - 34"

Advertisement

On -, @Pomps said:

On -, @st_pedro said:

On -, @HidekiWoods said:

Any swing data, Toll?

You have the exact same swing/ball speed numbers that I have and the same driver head in the same -1 setting so this is very helpful! What's interesting is that the shaft you show says X but all the listings I see have TX. Are there both an X and TX in the ZF? I know some diamana versions have that. What were your thoughts on feel and dispersion?

Yes the ZF does come in 6TX, I personally chose the X and will trim the tip accordingly should needed but so far it’s holding up well. As for feel, it’s based on BF EI profile with stiffer butt and tip sections. Definitely it has a pronounced “kick” in the mid section. With proper warm up I did reach 170 ball speed, playing condition whilst carrying the GCQuad

Posted:

50* MD5 JAWS S-grind 
    54* MD5 JAWS S-grind
    58* MD5 JAWS C-grind
    Odyssey Putter
    or

Instagram
  • PompsPomps Members  1063WRX Points: 84Handicap: 2.9Posts: 1,063 Platinum Tees

On -, @st_pedro said:

On -, @Pomps said:

On -, @st_pedro said:

On -, @HidekiWoods said:

Any swing data, Toll?

Yes the ZF does come in 6TX, I personally chose the X and will trim the tip accordingly should needed but so far it’s holding up well. As for feel, it’s based on BF EI profile with stiffer butt and tip sections. Definitely it has a pronounced “kick” in the mid section. With proper warm up I did reach 170 ball speed, playing condition whilst carrying the GCQuad

Thanks for the feedback. It's cool that it comes in x and TX for just another option. I just found it weird that the X is not shown on the MRC website.

In thinking about the labeling, while sure not every 7 or 70 labeled shaft is exactly 70 grams, on the ZF it looks like in the TX, the 60 labeled is actually basically 70 at 69g and the 70TX is actually 80 grams. Why not just call it the 80TX and then call the 60TX actually 70TX since it's actually closer to that than 60? It's seems like for R flex they're close to the labeled. Since S flex is the mid point and is 65, why not just call that 65 and then R and TX can vary in weight accordingly. Or here's another meaningless thought, why not just call each shaft what the actual weight is, so 60TX would be 69TX. Just thinking out loud haha.

https://www.mca-golf.com/products/zf-series

Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM 9* - Kuro Kage Dual Core 60TX 44.5" D5)(
    Titleist 915f 15*(14.25*) - Diamana Ltd D+ 80x 43" (D4)
    Titleist 816 H1 17*(16*) - Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.8x 41" (D4)
    Titleist 915hd 20.5* (19.75*) - Diamana D+ 90s 40.5" (D4)
    TaylorMade p790 UDI 2 Iron - Project X Hzrdus Black 85 6.0 (D4; 2* flat)
    Srixon z785 4-9 - Project x6.5; 2* flat 
    Srixon z965 PW - Project x6.5; 2* flat
    Vokey SM6 F-Grind 51* (D5; 2* flat); Vokey SM7 S-Grind 56* (D5; 2* flat) & TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* (D7; 2* flat) - DG Tour Issue s400
    Odyssey Stroke Lab 2 Ball - 34"
  • Coop_Scoop12Coop_Scoop12 Members  80WRX Points: 52Handicap: 0.4Posts: 80 Fairways

Hit some drives with my 60tx today. This shaft has a great feel. Trajectory is very boring and low spin. Love this shaft!

Posted:

Ping G410 9* Diamana ZF 60tx

Taylormade V Steel Graphite Design 8x

3-PW Miura CB-57 Modus 125S

52* SM7 F Grind 56*, Vokey SM7 M Grind

60* Mizuno T20 Raw DGTI S400

Odyssey Versa 90 #7

Advertisement

Testing ZF6X with the 2020 Callaway Mavrik setting at 10.5 Neutral Standard, not using premium balls but enough warm up after range practice session. Unfortunately the rep didn’t have the Subzero version for testing.

Posted:

50* MD5 JAWS S-grind 
    54* MD5 JAWS S-grind
    58* MD5 JAWS C-grind
    Odyssey Putter
    or

Instagram

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.