I need advice for a place to practice

Ryan_Less ·  
Ryan_LessRyan_Less Ryan Less*Jr. Boomers  504WRX Points: 0Posts: 504
So i used to pick the range at this course for full privileges and thus practiced as much as i needed to to be competitive. They don't have me pick anymore so I don't get privileges anymore.

MY question is:

How would you guys suggest I stay competitive? I'm only 15 so I can't get a job anywhere. And my Parents can't afford a membership anywhere either. 
Posted:

Comments

• skizixskizix Members  284WRX Points: 0Posts: 284
    cranky mood post: gone
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • A-TrainA-Train Members  162WRX Points: 0Posts: 162
    Local HS... but don't take divots from the playing fields!

See if there's a local farmer that needs summer help for some xtra cash.
    Posted:
  • progolf4lifeprogolf4life Members  1361WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,361
    On almost all the courses I've played at it was free to use the putting and chipping greens...work on your short game. If you can't afford to hit balls as much as you'd like talk to the owner of the course or the head pro and see if you can do some work around the course for free balls. There's a lot of nice people in the business.
    Posted:
  • Ken_In_CAKen_In_CA Members  617WRX Points: 1Posts: 617 Golden Tee
    Talk the head greens keeper and tell him/her that you'll play the last round and put sand down and fix divots.

Good luck.
    Posted:
  • A-TrainA-Train Members  162WRX Points: 0Posts: 162
    Ken_In_CA wrote on Jul 7 2008, 01:45 PM:
    Talk the head greens keeper and tell him/her that you'll play the last round and put sand down and fix divots.

Good luck.

Good call!
    Posted:
  • bjacksonbjackson Win The Day Marshals  5689WRX Points: 56Posts: 5,689 Marshals
    Um... local muni? I can not believe there are no public golf courses in the Reno area.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • birdiemachine11birdiemachine11 Members  454WRX Points: 61Posts: 454 Greens
    See if there is other work at the same course that you could do if they would allow you to practice there.
    Posted:
  • Ryan_LessRyan_Less Ryan Less* Jr. Boomers  504WRX Points: 0Posts: 504
    bjackson wrote on Jul 7 2008, 02:45 PM:
    Um... local muni? I can not believe there are no public golf courses in the Reno area.

No there are... but like i said, my parents are pretty cheap and have never spent a dime on my golf. i have to fend for myself so... And there are literally no places to get a job at 15 and even if there were, i don't want to get so bogged down with work that i can't be competitive.
    Posted:
  • broth518broth518 Channel 5 News Team Member Members  928WRX Points: 63Posts: 928 Golden Tee
    I used to hit balls at a practice field on a local high school and then pick them up in a shag bag
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.