Country Clubs in Kansas City

Kcgolfer2018 ·  
Kcgolfer2018Kcgolfer2018 Members  3WRX Points: 2Posts: 3 Starters

Looking to join a club in Kansas City. I know there have been a few discussions about this, but not exactly on the topics I’m most interested in. I’m most curious about The National and Hallbrook, but open to other clubs of that kind. Let’s assume for this discussion that fees/location are not an issue (they are, but not relevant to my interest here).

I am early thirties, would be jr. member. 1. What is the younger golf crowd like at these clubs? Active? Would I have trouble finding a normal weekend game with younger guys who are good golfers? 2. I’m also curious about the general stereotypes about what kind of members are attracted to each club, and clubs generally in KC. (For example, party clubs, declining clubs, snotty people, etc.), I’m just looking for a solid club with a good golf course and a nice group of jr members.

Thanks!

Posted:

Comments

• ascottwaddellascottwaddell Members  42WRX Points: 48Handicap: 5.9Posts: 42 Bunkers

I was previously a member at Hallbrook and now play mainly locally at The National.

Both courses are great.

IMHO both designs are awesome but National is the better conditioned.

Hallbrook has a more exclusive, business, WASPY feel.

The National seems to be much more laid back and party oriented. Probably more family oriented, too.

Real good players at both and easy to find a competitive game.

Hallbrook has had a significant youth infusion over the last several years.

I would pick the one you live closer to as that would be the most determinative factor for me considering they are roughly 25-30 miles apart.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.