Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Scotty Cameron 2019 Teryllium T22 (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

Comments

• luke1333luke1333 Members Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ckay said:
    Shaft is a putter lounge .355. You can find them on eBay. As for grip, it’ll end up being a black Matador as that is my gamer grip. I just had this white pistolero and wanted to see how it looks with the dots.

even the fastback??

Ping G400 LST 8.5° Ping Tour Shaft Stiff
    Titleist 915Fd 15° Evenflow 75g Stiff
    Titleist 816H2 19° Diamana 100X
    Titleist 716 T-mb 4 Iron Project X 6.5
    Titleist 690MB 5-PW Project X 6.5
    Mizuno S18 54° S400
    Vokey WedgeWorks 60.06 K Grind S400
    Piretti Potenza 2 36" 375g (carbon)

• ckayckay Members Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@luke1333 said:

@ckay said:
    Shaft is a putter lounge .355. You can find them on eBay. As for grip, it’ll end up being a black Matador as that is my gamer grip. I just had this white pistolero and wanted to see how it looks with the dots.

even the fastback??

I am sure he has a shaft for it. I don’t know what the OD is on that putter spud. Ask him he will probably know.

Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link
  • TwoheyTwohey SoCalMembers Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭

@luke1333 said:

@ckay said:

even the fastback??

FB is a .395 OD shaft. I got one from Putter Lounge via ebay and it's a perfect fit.

@Twohey said:

@luke1333 said:

@ckay said:

even the fastback??

FB is a .395 OD shaft. I got one from Putter Lounge via ebay and it's a perfect fit.

Perfect thanks!

Mizuno S18 54° S400

• newportbeachnewportbeach Members Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Blacked out looks great. Going to have to do that to mine.

Though much is taken much abides;
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
    - Lord Tennyson
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Members Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 28, 2019 1:19pm #877

Do you notice any performance changes from the black putter lounge shaft or is it just a visual change?

@Rory4Pres said:
    Do you notice any performance changes from the black putter lounge shaft or is it just a visual change?

No clue, I received it and took it apart immediately. I don't see how the change would be substantial enough to notice. If anything I would assume that the coating would dampen feel. To me it is still clicky and not as soft as the original TeI3 due to the stainless body of the putter.

Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X

WITB Link

@ckay said:

@Rory4Pres said:

No clue, I received it and took it apart immediately. I don't see how the change would be substantial enough to notice. If anything I would assume that the coating would dampen feel. To me it is still clicky and not as soft as the original TeI3 due to the stainless body of the putter.

i agree the original tei3 and the buttonback are softer imo

Mizuno S18 54° S400

• Rory4PresRory4Pres Members Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@luke1333 said:

@ckay said:

@Rory4Pres said:

You guys do realize the buttonback is also made from 303 stainless steel, like the T22. I can see the argument that the original Tei3 is the softest due to the mild steel body surround the teryllium but you can't make the argument for the buttonback.

• MysteryVMysteryV Members Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭

@ckay said:

@Rory4Pres said:

When is the last time you rolled an original TEi3? I took mine out recently and was shocked at how poppy it felt. I say poppy as it wasn't clicky per se, but louder and less substantial than I remembered it. It was actually kinda shocking.

That said, I've come around on the thinking that putter head material matters far less than the milling in terms of feel.

Driver: Ping G400 Max w/ Tensei PO
    3 Wood: Epic 3+ w/ GD AD-DI
    Irons: Miura CB-1008 w/ Oban CT-115
    Wedges: Miura Y Grind 51, Miura K Grind 56,60 w/ Modus Wedge
    Putter: Scotty Newport 2 - AOP Oval Track
    edited Aug 28, 2019 4:19pm #882

@MysteryV said:

@ckay said:

@Rory4Pres said:

When is the last time you rolled an original TEi3? I took mine out recently and was shocked at how poppy it felt. I say poppy as it wasn't clicky per se, but louder and less substantial than I remembered it. It was actually kinda shocking.

That said, I've come around on the thinking that putter head material matters far less than the milling in terms of feel.

I have my 97 that I roll in the office. I agree that it’s poppy but in the sense that it’s a little springy.

Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X

WITB Link
  • str8upstr8up Members Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

how difficult was it to remove the stock weights? i've done it before with changing out the stock weights for the studio select line and those were easy to unscrew, but i have heard stories of having to put in some serious elbow grease to pry these out.

Surprisingly easy. Didn't have to heat them up like past models and didn't notice any Loctite residue on there.

having a hard time even getting these to budge on mine. i do have that cheap ebay version with the built in handle so maybe i need to try the wrench that can connect to a socket wrench

• BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@luke1333 said:

@ckay said:

@Rory4Pres said:

Interesting
    most folks I've talked to feel this one is much softer

Yadi for President
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@str8up said:

how difficult was it to remove the stock weights? i've done it before with changing out the stock weights for the studio select line and those were easy to unscrew, but i have heard stories of having to put in some serious elbow grease to pry these out.

Surprisingly easy. Didn't have to heat them up like past models and didn't notice any Loctite residue on there.

having a hard time even getting these to budge on mine. i do have that cheap ebay version with the built in handle so maybe i need to try the wrench that can connect to a socket wrench

Don't think that will make much difference.
    just use some gentle heat from a heat gun and they'll pop right out

Yadi for President
  • masegolf1978masegolf1978 Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭

T22 is softer in my opinion, I think due in large part to the milling on the insert.

Still thinking the qc is pretty weak on these. I still like mine, but wouldn’t have gotten it if they didn’t have the exact model (34 in Newport) I wanted.

Taylormade 2016 m2 9.5 Whiteboard 73 stiff
    Titleist 910f 15 diamana whiteboard 83 stiff
    M2 2017 19 tour ad-di hybrid
    titleist 710 mb 4-pw
    Vokey 52,56
    Tons of putters
  • benboyer1benboyer1 Members Posts: 2

Got a 35” Newport 2 but really wanted a 35” Newport. Was bummed out. The insert feels great tho imo.

• jclinegolfjclinegolf ClubWRX Posts: 391 ClubWRX

I'm picking up a Newport from a friend today for what he has in it. Really got lucky as it's going to be my gamer.

Has anyone tried changed the paint-fill on the stamping? I'm not a fan of the gold and am thinking of either blacking it out or adding red paint-fill. Thoughts?

@jclinegolf said:
    I'm picking up a Newport from a friend today for what he has in it. Really got lucky as it's going to be my gamer.

Has anyone tried changed the paint-fill on the stamping? I'm not a fan of the gold and am thinking of either blacking it out or adding red paint-fill. Thoughts?

If you’re going black just strip it and leave it naked. I’m stripping mine this week.

Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X

WITB Link

Just tried to strip mine with a stripper gel that usually just lifts the paint out. This one was a little bugger. On these black mist finishes I like to leave them naked but there was remnants in white and gold so I ended up painting it.

Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X

WITB Link
  • jclinegolfjclinegolf ClubWRX Posts: 391 ClubWRX

That looks great!

@ckay said:
    Here are a couple of pics. I ended up doing a textured fill to have it stand out a little bit. If I let the enamel harden fully it would be smooth and shiny and was thinking it would get “lost” a little bit.

So finally got my FB and gave it a roll last night. Overall it feels good, not great.

Certainly better than my Spider
    Close to my OG Newport TEi3 (quieter, maybe a little better, tough to tell)
    Definitely not better than my AOP Oval Track Gun Blue
    Worse than my Byron Morgan DH89 SS Beached and Miura KM-008
    Far worse than my Byron Morgan DH89 GSS (which is the best feeling putter I've ever rolled)

I wish there was a way to put one of my YSC shafts on it. I wonder if my flare tip would fit? Part of me thinks that the YSC shaft contributes significantly to the feel I like.

I'm going to game this one a bit and see how we get on. The NP and NP2 are still in their plastic bags and might just sit in the garage for the next 20 years.

• capnstabncapnstabn Members Posts: 132 ✭✭✭

It doesn't look like it, but does anyone know if the CT Tour Black PVD shaft comes in .355?

• QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

after some testing. I think this is a good not amazing putter. I went back to my carbon long neck.

Driver: Callaway Epic SubZero 3D 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus 7X
    Fairway: Cobra F9 Tour, GD TOUR AD-DI 8X 
    3 iron Cobra King Utility
    4-PW cobra King pro CBs KBS $ taper 130g X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 50 , 55, 60
    PUTTER; Carbon Ringo welded long neck.
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow

@capnstabn said:
    It doesn't look like it, but does anyone know if the CT Tour Black PVD shaft comes in .355?

It does not.

Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X

WITB Link
  • MudguardMudguard Members Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MysteryV said:
    So finally got my FB and gave it a roll last night. Overall it feels good, not great.

The NP and NP2 are still in their plastic bags and might just sit in the garage for the next 20 years.

What would these need to be worth in twenty years time to make a profit? At least double the new price?

@Mudguard said:

@MysteryV said:

The NP and NP2 are still in their plastic bags and might just sit in the garage for the next 20 years.

What would these need to be worth in twenty years time to make a profit? At least double the new price?

It's not about making a profit. I still have my original '97 Terillium that I'm holding onto because I like it. I also have my 962s, my 690.CBs, my 975D, TM 300, Burner Tour, original 2 Ball, MP29s, etc. etc. etc. I like to hold onto things that I like, particularly golf clubs and shoes.

That said, the answer to your question is $1,724.64 assuming 5% interest compounded annually for 20 years on $650 (what I paid with tax).

• MudguardMudguard Members Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@MysteryV said:
    It's not about making a profit. I still have my original '97 Terillium that I'm holding onto because I like it. I also have my 962s, my 690.CBs, my 975D, TM 300, Burner Tour, original 2 Ball, MP29s, etc. etc. etc. I like to hold onto things that I like, particularly golf clubs and shoes.

That said, the answer to your question is $1,724.64 assuming 5% interest compounded annually for 20 years on $650 (what I paid with tax).

I did work out a compound rate to see what it needed to be to beat sitting in the bank. I understand with certain things, I have a few clubs I'm sentimental about, though I'm the same with mountainbikes. That said, they're all used now. I do have one putter that it is still brand new, I can't bring myself to use it yet. I'll wait until summer and nice greens maybe.

• jmconnell4jmconnell4 Members Posts: 137 ✭✭✭

Just got mine in the mail today. Was hoping for a 35" Newport and ended up with a 35" Newport II... have to decide if it is worth holding onto or returning. Really wanted to game this one... Maybe I can find a trade...

PING G410 LST w/ Rogue 130 Silver 60x
    PING G410 3w w/ Graphite Design AD IZ-7x
    Callaway 18° X Forged UT - Graphite Design AD IZ 95x Hybrid
    RAW 4-PW Callaway Apex Pro - KBS Tour-Vx
    Raw Vokey SM7 50-12s, 54-10s, & 58-10s - DG S400
    Scotty Cameron 35" Studio Select Newport 2
    Taylormade 35" Spider X
    Titleist Pro-V1

• GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Rolled mine today for the first time. I like the look and feel. Will be in rotation for sure

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file