Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Scotty Cameron 2019 Teryllium T22 (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

Comments

• payforbirdiespayforbirdies Members Posts: 2

Anyone else notice the black finish seems to fade? My NP2 definitely is more of a dark gray now than the black that it was when new. Noticed the change after wiping it down with a wet towel. Is there anything I should be doing to preserve the finish?

• ckayckay Members Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

That is interesting it shouldn’t fade. I’ve wipes my putter down several times after doing a bunch of paintfill and practice sessions.

Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link
  • payforbirdiespayforbirdies Members Posts: 2
    edited Sep 4, 2019 2:52am #904

interesting. Ok cool, maybe I’m just imagining it. It just seems a shade lighter to me now.

• PINSEEKER72PINSEEKER72 Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not too impressed with the QC.....here is how mine looked when I opened the box.

• masegolf1978masegolf1978 Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PINSEEKER72 said:
    Not too impressed with the QC.....here is how mine looked when I opened the box.

That’s ridiculous. I’d send that back without a doubt...

Taylormade 2016 m2 9.5 Whiteboard 73 stiff
    Titleist 910f 15 diamana whiteboard 83 stiff
    M2 2017 19 tour ad-di hybrid
    titleist 710 mb 4-pw
    Vokey 52,56
    Tons of putters

It went back immediately for a refund, and the shop where I got it said they won’t be able to get a replacement. This was going to be my gamer, but I’m actually glad this happened. For the same amount of money, I was able to buy three other clubs that will probably help my game more than this putter.

• NewWildcatOrderNewWildcatOrder Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭✭

@PINSEEKER72 said:
    It went back immediately for a refund, and the shop where I got it said they won’t be able to get a replacement. This was going to be my gamer, but I’m actually glad this happened. For the same amount of money, I was able to buy three other clubs that will probably help my game more than this putter.

The few imperfections my NP had either easily wiped off, or have wiped off over the course of a few rounds.

These marks would not wipe off even with a fair amount of effort, and I didn’t want to use any kind of cleaner that would possibly ruin the finish. The worst part of this was the paint spill in the cavity from the sight line.....no amount of rubbing was going to take care of that.

• getair23getair23 Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I want to add a dot to the top of the putter. Should I go through the SC custom shop or source a local club builder to add it?

Titleist TS3 9.5  HZRDUS Smoke Green 6.5TX 
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5 Elements Chrome 7F5T
    Srixon Z 745 (4-9) Z 945 (pw) KBS tour-x
    Fourteen RM 21 50* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Bettinardi "The Hive" Black 54* and 60* KBS Tour FLT 130-x
    Edel 64* KBS C-Taper s+
    Titleist Studio Design 2
    Pro V1
  • luke1333luke1333 Members Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@PINSEEKER72 said:
    These marks would not wipe off even with a fair amount of effort, and I didn’t want to use any kind of cleaner that would possibly ruin the finish. The worst part of this was the paint spill in the cavity from the sight line.....no amount of rubbing was going to take care of that.

Paint remover should take care of it no problem

Ping G400 LST 8.5° Ping Tour Shaft Stiff
    Titleist 915Fd 15° Evenflow 75g Stiff
    Titleist 816H2 19° Diamana 100X
    Titleist 716 T-mb 4 Iron Project X 6.5
    Titleist 690MB 5-PW Project X 6.5
    Mizuno S18 54° S400
    Vokey WedgeWorks 60.06 K Grind S400
    Piretti Potenza 2 36" 375g (carbon)

• jak77jak77 Members Posts: 21 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can source replacement weights? I have a 34in NP2 with 15s and want to try it out with 10s. Gamed a NP2 pro platinum before and the weight difference is pretty significant. My putting is all over the place with the T22. Was going to stick it out and get used to it but figured if I lightened it a bit it might help. Thanks.

• toddba11toddba11 Moonlight Mile Members Posts: 615 ✭✭✭✭✭

This putter did not really impress me. Selling mine, looks great. But that is it......

In the Bag:
    Driver - Titleist 915 D2 - Tensei White CK Pro Mitsubishi Rayon 70S, 45"
    3 Wood: Callaway Epic 13.5 Rogue 75S
    Irons: 4 - PW Callaway Apex MBs 2018 - DG TI 120 S400 +1"
    3 Cobra Iron Utility Black with KBS $120 Shaft +1"
    PW: Vokey 7M 46,52 (both F grind),60 (M grind) degree. SW: Ping I10
    Hybrid: Cobra F7
    Putter: TP Mills High Toe ONE or TP Mills Bull Elf
    Ball: Pro V or Bridgestone RSX
    Bag: 2018 Sun Mountain C-130

@jak77 said:
    Anyone know where I can source replacement weights? I have a 34in NP2 with 15s and want to try it out with 10s. Gamed a NP2 pro platinum before and the weight difference is pretty significant. My putting is all over the place with the T22. Was going to stick it out and get used to it but figured if I lightened it a bit it might help. Thanks.

I'd try placing a Want To Buy ad here on GolfWRX.

• Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@PINSEEKER72 said:

Acetone / finger nail polish remover will take it off easily. Won't harm the finish at all.

• jschwarbjschwarb Members Posts: 819 BST Banned

@PINSEEKER72 said:

I noticed a little spill from the sightline on mine too, but that was only on close inspection. In play, my eyes aren't anywhere near good enough to notice.

• MysteryVMysteryV Members Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭

After the first round, and some more time with my FB, I may be changing my tune. It took me a while to adjust, but now that I have, the feel is pretty fantastic. I still prefer the feel of my GSS DH89, but the feel has really, REALLY grown on me. Anyone not impressed, give it some more time. Feedback is great, and once my body adapted and I started rolling it pure, it started to shine.

Driver: Ping G400 Max w/ Tensei PO
    3 Wood: Epic 3+ w/ GD AD-DI
    Irons: Miura CB-1008 w/ Oban CT-115
    Wedges: Miura Y Grind 51, Miura K Grind 56,60 w/ Modus Wedge
    Putter: Scotty Newport 2 - AOP Oval Track
  • drscott266drscott266 Members Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

@toddba11 said:
    This putter did not really impress me. Selling mine, looks great. But that is it......

I am in this boat too, but probably won't go through trouble of selling it. It's as good as any of my OTR cameron blades, maybe a touch softer on pure strikes. Not as exciting as I thought it would be. Did teach me to stop coveting the Tour Rats and Circle T as I am sure they roll the same as my Mil Spec which feels pretty good as is just light.

• AdExecAdExec Scottsdale, AZ Members Posts: 42 ✭✭

I was able to pick up a new in plastic 33” NP2 on OfferUp.
    Do I game it or sell it? Currently rolling a 2018 Newport 3 and prefer the heavier feel, but haven’t rolled a putt with the T22 yet. How rare is the 33” model? Only two on eBay asking 1200 each. Couple have sold over 1k.

@AdExec said:
    Do I game it or sell it? Currently rolling a 2018 Newport 3 and prefer the heavier feel, but haven’t rolled a putt with the T22 yet. How rare is the 33” model? Only two on eBay asking 1200 each. Couple have sold over 1k.

• MudguardMudguard Members Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@AdExec said:

I've mentioned it before. But I don't think there is a premium on the different lengths anymore. The head weight for the three lengths will be the same, it's just increased on the shorter putters via the weights. Whereas ten years ago, a 33" putter was 350g, 34" 340g and 330g for 35".
    With the new ones you can simply chop a 35" and put heavier weights in.

edited Sep 10, 2019 1:34pm #922

@AdExec said:

From what I know, most retailers weren't able to order the 33" versions, but anyone can swap out the weights to the 20 gram versions so honestly it won't be worth THAT much more than the 34 and 35 versions. As others mentioned, if this was a solid head w/o removable weights 350 would be worth more than 340/330 heads, but you just don't have that dynamic here.

From what I know, most retailers weren't able to order the 33" versions, but anyone can swap out the weights to the 20 gram versions so honestly it won't be worth THAT much more than the 34 and 35 versions. As others mentioned, if this was a solid head w/o removable weights 350 would be worth more than 340/330 heads, but you just don't have that dynamic here.

appreciate the response. That makes the decision to game it a little easier.

• Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@NewWildcatOrder said:

@AdExec said:

That is why I did. I bought a flat black shaft, added a matador grip, cut to 33.5", swapped the 20g weights from my SB1.5, and wham, amazing flat stick. I personally love the non-glare aspect of the whole club and dont mind the oh so slightly firm feel. I cannot play the overly soft insert type putters, my distance control goes out the door, so the T22 is perfect right now.

• bellkenbellken Members Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭✭

My local golf course, just received a new shipment of T22's. I am enjoying my Newport, but, was surprised to see more.

• Commack350ZCommack350Z Members Posts: 43 ✭✭

I am beginning to think these are not that limited. I was at the local store yesterday and they had 10 NPs in stock.

• GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 11, 2019 9:30pm #927

@Commack350Z said:
    I am beginning to think these are not that limited. I was at the local store yesterday and they had 10 NPs in stock.

They aren’t rare but are limited.

• 4rheel4rheel OC, CaliforniaMembers Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, was rolling a few during my lunch and noticed a copper highlight at address. Ran my finger across the face and the insert is sticking out towards the toe. Crap!!!

• cnnmaverickcnnmaverick Members Posts: 133 ✭✭✭

@4rheel said:
    Ok, was rolling a few during my lunch and noticed a copper highlight at address. Ran my finger across the face and the insert is sticking out towards the toe. Crap!!!

Wow that sucks... Definitely bad quality control. Send it back and I'm sure they're going to get you a new replacement... And maybe throw in a few ProV1s

• masegolf1978masegolf1978 Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cnnmaverick said:

@4rheel said:

Wow that sucks... Definitely bad quality control. Send it back and I'm sure they're going to get you a new replacement... And maybe throw in a few ProV1s

Not uncommon. Same with mine...

Taylormade 2016 m2 9.5 Whiteboard 73 stiff
    Titleist 910f 15 diamana whiteboard 83 stiff
    M2 2017 19 tour ad-di hybrid
    titleist 710 mb 4-pw
    Vokey 52,56
    Tons of putters
  • jmconnell4jmconnell4 Members Posts: 137 ✭✭✭

@masegolf1978 said:

@cnnmaverick said:

@4rheel said:

Not uncommon. Same with mine...

I think I have a similar issue with mine! What email or phone number do you use to set up a replacement?

PING G410 LST w/ Rogue 130 Silver 60x
    PING G410 3w w/ Graphite Design AD IZ-7x
    Callaway 18° X Forged UT - Graphite Design AD IZ 95x Hybrid
    RAW 4-PW Callaway Apex Pro - KBS Tour-Vx
    Raw Vokey SM7 50-12s, 54-10s, & 58-10s - DG S400
    Scotty Cameron 35" Studio Select Newport 2
    Taylormade 35" Spider X
    Titleist Pro-V1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights