Scotty Cameron 2019 Teryllium T22 (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

Comments

• sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker  3741Members Posts: 3,741

SOLD. Mine came dinged-up, insert was off. All yours for $600 ???
    Let's face it...Scotty's Terillium is an old technology, over-produced "limited edition", high-maintenance putter...another money-grab for Scotty...just a few months before he is comes out with another line of non-insert putters in 2020.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • wely324wely324  90Members Posts: 90

Gaming my T22, love the feel so far! Maybe the face insert dates a while back but there are numerous teryllium insert putters on tour.

Posted:
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle  2412Members Posts: 2,412

mine going back to store.

pretty disappointed in how low-quality this Limited edition is. a pure money-grab.

Posted:
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky  1955Members Posts: 1,955

@larciel said:

pretty disappointed in how low-quality this Limited edition is. a pure money-grab.

It’s an otr putter made in limited quantities. Did you think you were getting something that wasn’t mass produced?

Posted:

@larciel said:

Curious as to why you think the quality is low? The milling is very nice, and the feel is excellent imo. Everyone has their own opinion, but maybe your expectations were set to high by the hyped up release and the fact they were so hard to find at first???

Posted:

@wely324 said:

@larciel said:

Curious as to why you think the quality is low? The milling is very nice, and the feel is excellent imo. Everyone has their own opinion, but maybe your expectations were set to high by the hyped up release and the fact they were so hard to find at first???

you summed up my feeling. maybe I'm old school, but if you sell something as limited release and especially if it's bringing back old model back, you have to focus on the quality.

maybe they were running late on deadline. in any ways, this release cannot be called a 'success'

Posted:

Advertisement

@larciel said:

@wely324 said:

@larciel said:

you summed up my feeling. maybe I'm old school, but if you sell something as limited release and especially if it's bringing back old model back, you have to focus on the quality.

maybe they were running late on deadline. in any ways, this release cannot be called a 'success'

Mine has no quality issue. Also think to any age confusing what limited release really means.

Posted:

@larciel said:

@wely324 said:

@larciel said:

So how exactly could the quality of the putter be nicer? Maybe I'm not following but mine looks like the one in the pictures on their website. Nice light milling on the face, flush insert, and paintfill is good. If you are looking for something unique buy a one off putter for a few grand from their Gallery Store. If you were looking to get the old model, maybe check ebay???

If the "Limited Release" is what is disappointing you, then you are probably in the same boat of everyone else who scooped them up thinking they would be worth something more, but are now selling them on ebay for a loss.

Posted:
  • BYKBYK  1923Members Posts: 1,923

@larciel said:

@wely324 said:

@larciel said:

Guess it depends on your definition of success
    these things sell out from the retailers pretty fast, so I imagine Scotty is pretty happy with the "success" of this line
    if you're looking to flip/resell, then not so much

Mine was one of the ones that had insert issues, so I understand your statement about quality though.
    I still don't have it back yet, or haven't actually even heard anytime back from Titleist other than they have it.

Posted:
    Yadi for President

@BYK said:

@larciel said:

@wely324 said:

@larciel said:

these things sell out from the retailers pretty fast, so I imagine Scotty is pretty happy with the "success" of this line

Mine was one of the ones that had insert issues, so I understand your statement about quality though.
    I still don't have it back yet, or haven't actually even heard anytime back from Titleist other than they have it.

If you have same issue with Tommy Armour, I bet you'll think lesser of the brand. I enjoy many Titelist products for its top quality finishes. This one is not even decent and especially since price is higher than regular Scotty line, the bar was set higher and they under-delivered.

Posted:

@larciel said:

@BYK said:

@larciel said:

@wely324 said:

@larciel said:

If you have same issue with Tommy Armour, I bet you'll think lesser of the brand. I enjoy many Titelist products for its top quality finishes. This one is not even decent and especially since price is higher than regular Scotty line, the bar was set higher and they under-delivered.

regardless of price, what about the finish or quality that makes it not even decent?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • theredzone7theredzone7  59Members Posts: 59

That’s a beauty

Posted:
  • Krt22Krt22 East Bay 8024Members Posts: 8,024

@wely324 said:

@larciel said:

@BYK said:

@larciel said:

@wely324 said:

@larciel said:

regardless of price, what about the finish or quality that makes it not even decent?

Interested as well, as I have no issues with mine. It is not at all like the original TEI3s, but I like the cerakote like matte finish.

Posted:
  • swgolf12swgolf12  994Members Posts: 994

@larciel said:

@wely324 said:

@larciel said:

Pretty sure they sold every one they made and made more to sell more, if that's not called 'success' i'm not sure you know what the word means.

Posted:
    • 16' M2 8.5* TPT 14 Proto
    • 917F2 16.5* Diamana D+90
    • Vapor Fly Pro 3 Fuji Pro 95
    • VR Pro Combo 4-PW 
    • SSC Don White Grind 53/58
    • PM Grind 64
    • Studio Design 1.5 Circle T/ Cameron Catalina Two Welded Neck / Newport T22
  • HalohaHaloha Golf Addict  199Members Posts: 199

Actually played my T22 for the first time yesterday and made some amazing putts, so I'm very happy with this putter and will be keeping it in the bag for awhile!

Posted:
    Bag of tricks
    Driver: GRAPHITE DESIGN AD-VR 5 S Callaway Epic Flash 10.5     (Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5 w/Graphite Design AD-DI 6s)
    Wood: Taylormade M1 3HL w/Graphite Design AD-DI 6S
    Hybrid: Taylormade M1 4HY-21 w/Graphite Design AD-Di 95S
    Irons: Callaway '18 X-Forged 4-PW DG TI S400 -2 flat/ +1 strong
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6-52/ SM7-56/SM6-60 Copper Lmt.Ed.
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Teryllium T-22 Fastback 1.5 or Holiday 18
    Ball: Titleist Pro-V1X or Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • newportbeachnewportbeach  3571Members Posts: 3,571

@newportbeach said:

@MitchCumstein said:
    Rumor has it that there are some slight cosmetic differences between version 1 and version 2 of each putter so I'm sure there will be one or the other that will become more coveted over time for some cosmetic look that's preferred.

Anyone have more info on the alleged differences between version 1 and version 2 as MitchCumstein has said? I'm very curious as the Newport version 1 I have is great. About as close as you can get to an 009 headshape without paying thousands.

Posted:
    Though much is taken much abides;
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
    - Lord Tennyson

Advertisement

@newportbeach said:

@newportbeach said:

@MitchCumstein said:
    Rumor has it that there are some slight cosmetic differences between version 1 and version 2 of each putter so I'm sure there will be one or the other that will become more coveted over time for some cosmetic look that's preferred.

Anyone have more info on the alleged differences between version 1 and version 2 as MitchCumstein has said? I'm very curious as the Newport version 1 I have is great. About as close as you can get to an 009 headshape without paying thousands.

No and there’s no info to suggest the later releases were an actual additional release vice just the remains ones coming off the production line after having to pause to handle the new iron release

Posted:
  • VNutzVNutz  6402Members Posts: 6,402

@newportbeach said:

@newportbeach said:

@MitchCumstein said:

I had said the same about the Select with the insert, but people still hate on those.

Posted:
  • Krt22Krt22 East Bay 8024Members Posts: 8,024

@Mumford1 said:
    Thanks!
    Do you happen to have a picture of your putter with the shaft installed?

@Krt22 said:
    I bought this one and installed it no issue. I wanted to shorten mine but keep the stock shaft/grip in tact, so this was the easy way. Looks sick paired with a grey matador

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flat-Black-Putter-Shaft-395-Tip-Fits-Latest-Scotty-Cameron-Over-the-Hosel/182977407453?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Here you go.

Posted:
  • Pwood28Pwood28  415Members Posts: 415

I was able to pick up a "grip in plastic" Newport for what it would have cost me new with sales tax and shipping. Mine will definitely be a gamer. I put at matte black C Taper shaft and a black stitch back grip on it and it looks ****. Feels great on the practice green and I'm going to give it a run next time out.

One thing to remember with all things Scotty Cameron, is that anything that is "limited" is being produced in far greater quantities than previous years. The limited release head covers, ball markers, bag tags...even the stand bags. There are two ways to slow down the secondary market. Flood the market with supply at current (or similar) prices or jack up the initial price and take the profit out of the flip. I'd rather see more people get their hands on the goods than a crazy price jack (let's be hones, they're already high enough).

Posted:
  • Commack350ZCommack350Z  65Members Posts: 65

@Pwood28 said:
    I was able to pick up a "grip in plastic" Newport for what it would have cost me new with sales tax and shipping. Mine will definitely be a gamer. I put at matte black C Taper shaft and a black stitch back grip on it and it looks ****. Feels great on the practice green and I'm going to give it a run next time out.

One thing to remember with all things Scotty Cameron, is that anything that is "limited" is being produced in far greater quantities than previous years. The limited release head covers, ball markers, bag tags...even the stand bags. There are two ways to slow down the secondary market. Flood the market with supply at current (or similar) prices or jack up the initial price and take the profit out of the flip. I'd rather see more people get their hands on the goods than a crazy price jack (let's be hones, they're already high enough).

I totally agree with this 100%.
    Put the putters in the hands of golfers that will actually use them.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • WillyLWillyL Winnipeg, 🇨🇦  279Members Posts: 279

@Krt22 said:

@Mumford1 said:
    Thanks!
    Do you happen to have a picture of your putter with the shaft installed?

@Krt22 said:
    I bought this one and installed it no issue. I wanted to shorten mine but keep the stock shaft/grip in tact, so this was the easy way. Looks sick paired with a grey matador

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flat-Black-Putter-Shaft-395-Tip-Fits-Latest-Scotty-Cameron-Over-the-Hosel/182977407453?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Here you go.

That looks fantastic‼️ I think I’m going to do the same to mine.

Posted:
    Cobra F9 10.5 ADBB 6s
    Nike SQ2 19 hybrid Aldila VS Proto
    Mizuno MP18 4-6 SC, 7-PW MB C-Taper 120s
    Vokey SM6 50-10, SM7 54-14 & 58-04
    Studio Select NP2
    Custom 2015 Scotty GOLO 3
    Scotty M2 (Gamer)
    Scotty T22 Teryllium 1.5 FB

@Commack350Z said:

@Pwood28 said:

The main issue is calling it a "Limited Release". Even regular production items at first are hard to get your hands on regardless of whether people think they can flip it or not. When it's labeled being a limited item people looking to make a quick buck will grab them up waiting on their computers or hitting up stores to pre-order etc., which just adds to the frenzy and hype of the item making those who really want one to spend more than they should, all because they don't think they will be able to get one through a retailer. I'm the only person at my club who asked for a T22 and I received one, two full months after release date. While those who got them on release date are flipping them on ebay. That is my biggest gripe, is that a pga teaching pro, who is all Titleist in his pro shop, couldn't get a customer a T22. But money hungry flippers were getting them and going straight to ebay with them. Titleist and their reps should seriously look at how they distribute their equipment.

Posted:

@wely324 said:

@Commack350Z said:

@Pwood28 said:

The main issue is calling it a "Limited Release". Even regular production items at first are hard to get your hands on regardless of whether people think they can flip it or not. When it's labeled being a limited item people looking to make a quick buck will grab them up waiting on their computers or hitting up stores to pre-order etc., which just adds to the frenzy and hype of the item making those who really want one to spend more than they should, all because they don't think they will be able to get one through a retailer. I'm the only person at my club who asked for a T22 and I received one, two full months after release date. While those who got them on release date are flipping them on ebay. That is my biggest gripe, is that a pga teaching pro, who is all Titleist in his pro shop, couldn't get a customer a T22. But money hungry flippers were getting them and going straight to ebay with them. Titleist and their reps should seriously look at how they distribute their equipment.

There was a delay in production due to the release of the iron and hybrid release. My shop didn’t get them for almost 2 weeks after release date. They also had a demand for more than the 3 they were initially allotted and the rep placed an order to get 3 more. All showed up on the same date.

Posted:

@GoGoErky said:

@wely324 said:

@Commack350Z said:

@Pwood28 said:

There was a delay in production due to the release of the iron and hybrid release. My shop didn’t get them for almost 2 weeks after release date. They also had a demand for more than the 3 they were initially allotted and the rep placed an order to get 3 more. All showed up on the same date.

Just showing another flaw to their system of releasing an item.

Posted:

@wely324 said:

@GoGoErky said:

@wely324 said:

@Commack350Z said:

@Pwood28 said:

Just showing another flaw to their system of releasing an item.

Not following you at all.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • High Draws Low FadesHigh Draws Low Fades  70Members Posts: 70

This thread about a PUTTER has sure gotten fun. Wouldn't mind hearing more about the actual putter.

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 8.5
    Callaway GBB Epic 15
    Titleist 818 H2 21 or Ping G410 Crossover 17
    Ping i210 4-U
    Cleveland RTX 4 54, 58
    Scotty Cameron T22 Newport
  • thevaporzthevaporz  3123Members Posts: 3,123

Plenty of happy flippers made bank off this release but that train has left by now.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file