What do you want to see in the next Ping i series iron?

2»

Comments

• matchavezmatchavez Members Posts: 4,245 ✭✭

Well, since no one is finding blueprints hard to hit, they may be rethinking strategies. It's a shift; if you consider that "game improvement" has been all about making huge faces, and that those huge faces don't translate to mid-cap or better, the "s" and "i" offerings might be up for debate in how they've been perceived and selected. Most people would tell you that high caps could play I-series clubs within reason, and pros also play I-series clubs. So maybe there is no need for both s & i? Maybe the I series does trim down in the same way the G series also has?

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

• TServosTServos Members Posts: 446 ✭✭

I still have the i20’s and don’t see any reason to change.

Ping
  • TNJohnnyTNJohnny Members Posts: 1

Stealth finish

• ForeleftForeleft Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭

@matchavez said:
    Well, since no one is finding blueprints hard to hit, they may be rethinking strategies. It's a shift; if you consider that "game improvement" has been all about making huge faces, and that those huge faces don't translate to mid-cap or better, the "s" and "i" offerings might be up for debate in how they've been perceived and selected. Most people would tell you that high caps could play I-series clubs within reason, and pros also play I-series clubs. So maybe there is no need for both s & i? Maybe the I series does trim down in the same way the G series also has?

I have thought for a while that Ping might attempt to merge the S and i series into one. If they reduced the offset in the longer end of the i series, it would be pretty close, as the scoring irons are pretty similar in size and offset._