Dreams

I had this dream last night.

We were on a family vacation, not sure where, and I entered a golf tournament on the day we were supposed to drive home. I, we, arrived at the course which was a flurry of activity with vivid colors, my wife slightly more than whispering to hurry up, my kids sighing. I get my bag out of the car and head to the start, shoes untied. It was packed, mostly with kids, teenagers, all fitted with the best outfits, they looked like a golf catalogue. Contrast that with me, much older, disheveled, as I fumble to check in. Tees scatter the ground repeatedly as I pull my hand from my right pocket searching for money.

I scurry to find my starting hole, it was difficult. The course was multitiered with bright foliage, lots of bushes with red flowers and green overhanging trees. Kids repeatedly shooed me to a different tee. And just like that, the first wave was off while I am still turning circles looking. Finally I find it, wife now firmly saying to hurry up. And there was another couple saying the same. I have no idea who they are, but they are familiar. I pull my driver only to find that I had removed the grip, full panic. Then the sun reflects a beautiful specular highlight from my 3 wood. As I pull it from the bag, my wife asks, how long will this take? Shoes still untied as I address the ball, and I notice it is teed at my driver height. I look up to see the second groups already heading down the fairway, skipping my pre shot routine, I swing. Out of the corner of my eye, my girls giggle, my wife turns and walks away, and the other couple is gone; and as I turn to the target my ball veers left bouncing off the tee box into the unknown. I am defeated, embarrassed, and I slowly gather my things and walk back to the car.

There must be something, a lesson, a meaning, in this..

• Like 1

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

I’ve had a few dreams like that . . . especially stuff that is miraculously missing, or the group is so far ahead that they’ve vanished.

Just be thankful it’s a dream.

Adams Speedline 9088UL 10.5* AXIVCore 69 Black (S) Ping G SF Tec 3W, 5W Alta 65 (R) Ping G 4H,5H Alta 70 (R) Ping G 6-U TT XP 95 (soft R) Ping Glide 54*, 58* WS TT XP 100 (R) Ping Darby Sigma G

In most of my golf dreams I am on a tee where it is impossible to actually swing at the ball. There's a ball behind, or some other restriction. I've read that this is because when you are in bad with cover, your movement is restricted, so your body know it can't make a swing. Who knows if it is true?

• Like 2

Jeff, an Arizona hacker

I have had the same golf dream (nightmare) several times. After spending an eternity to find my clubs, I am standing on the first tee where any shot is blocked by inpenetrable forest. There is a House next to the forest so I hit into the house. It takes several putts and a chip to get outside the house. I can see the fairway but it is on the other side of 90 yards of overhanging trees. I punch the ball but hit a branch. I then punch out into the rough. I then realize that I am in a medal play money match lying 8 140 yards from the tee on a 550 yard par 5. My screaming usually wakes me up.

• Haha 1

> @Neverfadeaway86 said:

> dreams are not things to take literal for sure, I would say that it sounds like you have some confusion going on around yourself in some way, making you brain try to hurry to make sense of things and it relates it to you into a whirlwind golf story

For sure, and not on the golf side. I am a teacher without a summer this year..

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

> @ohioglfr said:

> I’ve had a few dreams like that . . . especially stuff that is miraculously missing, or the group is so far ahead that they’ve vanished.

> Just be thankful it’s a dream.

No doubt, dreams are odd things...

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

> @jlbos83 said:

> In most of my golf dreams I am on a tee where it is impossible to actually swing at the ball. There's a ball behind, or some other restriction. I've read that this is because when you are in bad with cover, your movement is restricted, so your body know it can't make a swing. Who knows if it is true?

Oh my, I have had this dream countless times. Sometimes there’s a wall behind the tee box that restricts my swing. I re-tee but cannot avoid the wall. Crazy!

• Like 1

This is the first time I’ve heard other golfers describe their dreams, and it’s crazy how similar some of them are to mine. Most common for me is that I’m on the first tee, hitting last, the ground is very uneven and I can’t find a level spot to tee up my ball. When I do there’s something restricting my swing. Meanwhile, the rest of my group is far ahead, and I’m trying to catch up. I’m sure this must be signs of deep psychological problems...

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash Driver & 3 Wood with Mitsubishi shafts

Callaway 3 Hybrid & 5 Hybrid

Epon AF 305 5 iron - Lob Wedge with Mitsubishi Shafts

Odyssey Tank Versa #7 Putter

Bridgestone Tour B RXS ball

> @"Mr. Grumpy" said:

> I had this dream last night.

> We were on a family vacation, not sure where, and I entered a golf tournament on the day we were supposed to drive home. I, we, arrived at the course which was a flurry of activity with vivid colors, my wife slightly more than whispering to hurry up, my kids sighing. I get my bag out of the car and head to the start, shoes untied. It was packed, mostly with kids, teenagers, all fitted with the best outfits, they looked like a golf catalogue. Contrast that with me, much older, disheveled, as I fumble to check in. Tees scatter the ground repeatedly as I pull my hand from my right pocket searching for money.

> I scurry to find my starting hole, it was difficult. The course was multitiered with bright foliage, lots of bushes with red flowers and green overhanging trees. Kids repeatedly shooed me to a different tee. And just like that, the first wave was off while I am still turning circles looking. Finally I find it, wife now firmly saying to hurry up. And there was another couple saying the same. I have no idea who they are, but they are familiar. I pull my driver only to find that I had removed the grip, full panic. Then the sun reflects a beautiful specular highlight from my 3 wood. As I pull it from the bag, my wife asks, how long will this take? Shoes still untied as I address the ball, and I notice it is teed at my driver height. I look up to see the second groups already heading down the fairway, skipping my pre shot routine, I swing. Out of the corner of my eye, my girls giggle, my wife turns and walks away, and the other couple is gone; and as I turn to the target my ball veers left bouncing off the tee box into the unknown. I am defeated, embarrassed, and I slowly gather my things and walk back to the car.

>

> There must be something, a lesson, a meaning, in this..

>

>

You feel rushed, and simultaneously guilty for the time you're "taking" from family. Solution is to play a 6 hour round on purpose. If you feel guilt then you're probably already meeting your duties, bc guilt is a sign of a conscience.

That will be $275.

• Haha 1

> @NJpatbee said:

> I have had the same golf dream (nightmare) several times. After spending an eternity to find my clubs, I am standing on the first tee where any shot is blocked by inpenetrable forest. There is a House next to the forest so I hit into the house. It takes several putts and a chip to get outside the house. I can see the fairway but it is on the other side of 90 yards of overhanging trees. I punch the ball but hit a branch. I then punch out into the rough. I then realize that I am in a medal play money match lying 8 140 yards from the tee on a 550 yard par 5. My screaming usually wakes me up.

You are concerned with your own preparedness. Worried you won't be ready for the test, the performance, when the time comes. Solution is to succeed gloriously at something simple. Play a round of 9 from the most forward tees, do not play any tee shot that isn't perfect, or any approach that doesn't hit a GIR. Goal is to get 9 birdie looks and settle for nothing worse than par. Write down the scores for those perfect holes, no matter how many shots it really takes.

That will be $350.

• Haha 1

> @lchang said:

> A lot of us have had variations of the restricted swing / impossible target / can’t tee it up dream: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1239754/golf-dreams-while-sleeping-not-day-dreams

You all fear you have plateaued. Either in life or in golf, probably both, hence the congruence. The solution is to play your round, and when adding the score, write down a total of one less stroke anyway. Next round, two less. Next round, three less. This is improvement! Do this until you've reached your dream score. And now you will feel what you always knew- that the game is valuable without the result.

That will be $425.

• Haha 1

> @matthewb said:

> This isn’t a dream about golf.

>

> Rather it’s a dream about inability to perform. (Note the wife’s comments about “hurry up” and “how long will this take?”)

Hahahaha,,

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

> @"Mr. Grumpy" said:

> I had this dream last night.

> We were on a family vacation, not sure where, and I entered a golf tournament on the day we were supposed to drive home. I, we, arrived at the course which was a flurry of activity with vivid colors, my wife slightly more than whispering to hurry up, my kids sighing. I get my bag out of the car and head to the start, shoes untied. It was packed, mostly with kids, teenagers, all fitted with the best outfits, they looked like a golf catalogue. Contrast that with me, much older, disheveled, as I fumble to check in. Tees scatter the ground repeatedly as I pull my hand from my right pocket searching for money.

> I scurry to find my starting hole, it was difficult. The course was multitiered with bright foliage, lots of bushes with red flowers and green overhanging trees. Kids repeatedly shooed me to a different tee. And just like that, the first wave was off while I am still turning circles looking. Finally I find it, wife now firmly saying to hurry up. And there was another couple saying the same. I have no idea who they are, but they are familiar. I pull my driver only to find that I had removed the grip, full panic. Then the sun reflects a beautiful specular highlight from my 3 wood. As I pull it from the bag, my wife asks, how long will this take? Shoes still untied as I address the ball, and I notice it is teed at my driver height. I look up to see the second groups already heading down the fairway, skipping my pre shot routine, I swing. Out of the corner of my eye, my girls giggle, my wife turns and walks away, and the other couple is gone; and as I turn to the target my ball veers left bouncing off the tee box into the unknown. I am defeated, embarrassed, and I slowly gather my things and walk back to the car.

>

> There must be something, a lesson, a meaning, in this..

>

>

It was the sauce......

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

> @jlbos83 said:

> In most of my golf dreams I am on a tee where it is impossible to actually swing at the ball. There's a ball behind, or some other restriction. I've read that this is because when you are in bad with cover, your movement is restricted, so your body know it can't make a swing. Who knows if it is true?

This is definitely a recurring dream of mine. One with a restricted backswing (branches or something in the way on the tee box), and another with me trying to hit a ball down a hall way, and the hallway isn't wide enough.

• Like 1

I used to have the same dreams as above - something in my way and can’t swing, or something in the immediate path of the ball like a crane, a house, some inexplicable and completely out of place object blocking the tee shot. Sometimes I would be on the tee and in a phone booth, closet or narrow hallway and couldn’t make a swing.

The last few years the 2 most common golf related are 1) I’ve been rehired as an assistant pro. This is truly awful. 2) I am either in the team van or getting ready to play a round for my college, only I’m me now and not me 1995-99. My coach and teammates are all happy to see me and pumped, and I’m thinking “jeez, these guys are going to be very disappointed “. I always think I should go ahead and play and hope for a good round, and occasionally get to the first tee. Once there, of course I tee it up a bulldozer is in the way.

Golf is awesome.

• Haha 1

> @jlbos83 said:

I have the same. I can Never swing the club. When I do I usually miss. I'll start sleeping without covers to test that theory.. sounds as good as any.

• Like 1

> @Justsomeguy said:

> > @NJpatbee said:

> > I have had the same golf dream (nightmare) several times. After spending an eternity to find my clubs, I am standing on the first tee where any shot is blocked by inpenetrable forest. There is a House next to the forest so I hit into the house. It takes several putts and a chip to get outside the house. I can see the fairway but it is on the other side of 90 yards of overhanging trees. I punch the ball but hit a branch. I then punch out into the rough. I then realize that I am in a medal play money match lying 8 140 yards from the tee on a 550 yard par 5. My screaming usually wakes me up.

>

> You are concerned with your own preparedness. Worried you won't be ready for the test, the performance, when the time comes. Solution is to succeed gloriously at something simple. Play a round of 9 from the most forward tees, do not play any tee shot that isn't perfect, or any approach that doesn't hit a GIR. Goal is to get 9 birdie looks and settle for nothing worse than par. Write down the scores for those perfect holes, no matter how many shots it really takes.

> That will be $350.

Thanks, the check is in the mail!

> @golfandfishing said:

> I used to have the same dreams as above - something in my way and can’t swing, or something in the immediate path of the ball like a crane, a house, some inexplicable and completely out of place object blocking the tee shot. Sometimes I would be on the tee and in a phone booth, closet or narrow hallway and couldn’t make a swing.

>

> The last few years the 2 most common golf related are 1) I’ve been rehired as an assistant pro. This is truly awful. 2) I am either in the team van or getting ready to play a round for my college, only I’m me now and not me 1995-99. My coach and teammates are all happy to see me and pumped, and I’m thinking “jeez, these guys are going to be very disappointed “. I always think I should go ahead and play and hope for a good round, and occasionally get to the first tee. Once there, of course I tee it up a bulldozer is in the way.

>

> Golf is awesome.

Pretty much sums up every golf dream I’ve ever had. Has anyone ever had a good golf dream?