***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

It's not just Nike losing its way.

smashdn ·  
smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down.Members  2656WRX Points: 1,048Posts: 2,656 Titanium Tees

I had these young dudes mean mugging me when I unsubscribed from an adidas email I got from filling out a golf survey. Maybe the attitude represents that they are sad to see me unsubscribe but these folks don't look very sporty nor do their clothes.

Perhaps all of the "athletic" brands are moving towards just being clothing companies as people have a little less time for recreation and the new generation recreates differently.

Posted:

Comments

• asloper6001asloper6001 slope Members  553WRX Points: 101Posts: 553 Golden Tee

So you're not a junkie anymore. Congrats!
    All the big box brands don't really give a crap about golf, they just want the revenue from it.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members  2656WRX Points: 1,048Posts: 2,656 Titanium Tees

I got three kids. I'm a bargain rack at TJ Maxx guy. (Only reason I am at TJ Maxx is wife drug me there.)

Posted:
  • ctsgolfctsgolf Members  186WRX Points: 145Handicap: 5Posts: 186 Fairways

On -, @smashdn said:

I got three kids. I'm a bargain rack at TJ Maxx guy. (Only reason I am at TJ Maxx is wife drug me there.)

I own a few golf shirts from Marshall's, all purchased for less than $25. Adidas, UA, Nike, Bonobos are among the brands I own from Marshall's.

The rest I have purchased NWT from eBay over the years. I have never spent more than $25 on a golf shirt, I don't buy used clothing, and I have over 20 golf shirts all name brand.

Posted:
    Taylormade M1  Speeder 661 Evo
    Ping G  Aldila NV 75s
    Titleist T-MB 20°  DG S400
    Titleist 695CB  DG S300 (4-PW)
    Callaway MD Forged  Recoil 125 F4
    Miura  KM-006  

• leec4571leec4571 Members  256WRX Points: 86Posts: 256 Greens

I do all my golf clothing shopping a ROSS, TJ Maxx, and Marshalls. I just recently purchased 2 golf performance shirts from SAM'S club for $7.98 each. They feel just like UA, NIKE or ADIDAS.

Posted:
  • BrandonDunesBrandonDunes Members  448WRX Points: 137Posts: 448 Greens

I call it adapting to a changing market. Yes, some styles are weird but so are the people who wear them. From the golf show this year Adidas' new line adicross is described as, "designed for wear-anywhere versatility. " So Adidas not only wants you to wear their clothing on the golf course but off it as well. They are trying to expand their market of consumers as are other companies.

Posted:
    Driver - Callaway Epic SZ 10.5º
    3W - Taylor Made Jetspeed HL º17
    H - Callaway Xhot Pro 23º
    Irons - Mizuno JPX919 Hotmetal 5-GW
    SW - Callaway MD3 (S-52º)
    LW - Callaway MD3 (W-58º)
    Putter - Scotty Cameron
  • BrianMcGBrianMcG Members  2377WRX Points: 670Posts: 2,377 Platinum Tees

On -, @smashdn said:

Perhaps all of the "athletic" brands are moving towards just being clothing companies as people have a little less time for recreation and the new generation recreates differently.

Just about every great outdoor brand has just turned into clothing companies. There was a time when LL Bean, Patagonia, Eddie Bauer, etc used to actually sell outdoor gear, tents, rock climbing gear, etc. Now their number one sellers are sweaters and PJs that say "Sassy" on the butt.

Looks like the same thing is happening to other companies as well.

Posted:
    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.

Advertisement
  • smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members  2656WRX Points: 1,048Posts: 2,656 Titanium Tees

The last bit of hunting clothing I bought was from LL Bean. I wanted a waxed cotton, down vest with pockets high on the chest. They had one. Needed them high pockets to put my hands in while wearing waders.

BTW - I wear my golf clothes off the course. I just don't wear my off the course clothes to play golf if that makes sense. I mean a solid or tastefully patterned polo shirt and some slacks goes for just about any occasion save a funeral or black tie event and the opposite end of the spectrum; a demo derby or hot dog eating contest.

Posted:
  • lopey986lopey986 ClubWRX  2348WRX Points: 363Posts: 2,348 Platinum Tees

At least Adidas keeps their traditional golf clothing line while introducing the Adicross stuff. If Nike had stuck with what they were doing the last couple of years but done some Golf x SB capsules and stuff they would have sold like crazy and the traditional people would still be buying a lot of stuff too.

Posted:
  • oregongolforegongolf Lefty Boomers  8606WRX Points: 190Posts: 8,606 Titanium Tees

They all look like they JUUL.

Posted:
  • birdiebarragebirdiebarrage IG @smallssees D.C.Members  56WRX Points: 54Handicap: 8Posts: 56 Bunkers

There are many good, boutique brands to choose from that focus on golf.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Mtngolfer1Mtngolfer1 Lefty Boomers  1724WRX Points: 152Handicap: 12Posts: 1,724 Platinum Tees

I don't want to pin the blame solely on the clothing brand/manufactures. Those buying have some influence My older daughter was at a local junior event and a couple of young boys that she goes to school with who were also playing were with their parents. As the boys were walking away the father of one boy grabbed his son's belt loop and pulled his son's shorts up, the boy turned to him and shook his head as he was walking pulling his shorts back down. The father then said to the mother of the other boy that he hated the way the boys were wearing their shorts pulled down. Her response was that she thought it looked cute and the young girls seem to like the boy's look ....SMH The boy's father now visually frustrated asked my daughter do you think it's cute? Proud father moment followed... her response was No I think it looks uncomfortable, but I'm not paying attention to them I'm playing golf. Personally I don't like the look either, With 18 years in age separating my youngest from my oldest I see it across a wide spectrum. I'm not sure if it's the clothing manufactures or those buying the clothing. It's a case of the chicken or the egg.

Posted:
  • wldchld22wldchld22 Members  3385WRX Points: 196Posts: 3,385 Titanium Tees

I’ll give adi credit where they seem to have three lines. Traditional, experimental and lifestyle. More and more I find myself wanting to support boutique brands that actually love the game.

Posted:
  • tmac7592tmac7592 Members  2656WRX Points: 377Posts: 2,656 Titanium Tees

On -, @Mtngolfer1 said:

I don't want to pin the blame solely on the clothing brand/manufactures. Those buying have some influence My older daughter was at a local junior event and a couple of young boys that she goes to school with who were also playing were with their parents. As the boys were walking away the father of one boy grabbed his son's belt loop and pulled his son's shorts up, the boy turned to him and shook his head as he was walking pulling his shorts back down. The father then said to the mother of the other boy that he hated the way the boys were wearing their shorts pulled down. Her response was that she thought it looked cute and the young girls seem to like the boy's look ....SMH The boy's father now visually frustrated asked my daughter do you think it's cute? Proud father moment followed... her response was No I think it looks uncomfortable, but I'm not paying attention to them I'm playing golf. Personally I don't like the look either, With 18 years in age separating my youngest from my oldest I see it across a wide spectrum. I'm not sure if it's the clothing manufactures or those buying the clothing. It's a case of the chicken or the egg.

Wearing your shorts down is very 15 years ago haha sky’s our thighs out

Posted:
    TS4 D+ 60 LTD TX
    M2 HL DF BB 93
    Vapor Fly pro 4 HZRDUS Black 105
    Cobra MB raw Modus 120 TX
    SM7 52,58,62 Black Onyx TTDG
    Strokes Gained RM5 Stability Tour
  • LlortamaiseyLlortamaisey Members  6087WRX Points: 450Posts: 6,087 Titanium Tees

On -, @oregongolf said:

They all look like they JUUL.

Those kids don’t JUUL. They’re too woke to support the privilege of those who JUUL.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • DoubleorQuitsDoubleorQuits Members  396WRX Points: 54Posts: 396 Greens

No real surprise on companies focusing on soft goods as the margins and sell through are way better than hard goods.

Posted:
  • OldboyOldboy Members  2528WRX Points: 252Posts: 2,528 Titanium Tees

kids still sag their pants? i did that in the 90s. who says tradition is dead?

Posted:

Tight rolling is back too I think.

Posted:
  • Jimmy MacJimmy Mac Members  1572WRX Points: 121Posts: 1,572 Platinum Tees

They haven't lost their way, they simply move to the money.

As for the photo, if they we're simply standing with better postures and smiles they'd look pretty athletic. Star and stripes are popular every time the Ryder Cup rolls around, all-black is farily perennial, the tone-on-tone camo was pretty popular last year with Nike and Polo. Polka dots were all over hats earlier this year.

Odds are pretty good you'll see elements of what they're wearing influencing even traditional gear in a few months.

Posted:

Uh huh.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • golfheaven69golfheaven69 Members  1166WRX Points: 125Posts: 1,166 Platinum Tees

Yep

Posted:
  • aenematedaenemated Los Angeles, CAMembers  688WRX Points: 822Posts: 688 Golden Tee

On -, @smashdn said:

Tight rolling is back too I think.

And on the opposite end; so are JNCOs.

Posted:

Titleist TS4 9.5°
    Titleist TS2 FW 15°, 18°
    Titleist TS3 Hybrid 22°
    PXG 0211 5-PW
    Miura 52°, 56°, 58° RTG
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 8
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

• Warrior42111Warrior42111 FloridaMembers  536WRX Points: 320Handicap: 19Posts: 536 Golden Tee

As others have said it's just a simple business move. If 65% of profits come from a demographic you're gonna cater to them more than any other.

Posted:

Taylormade M6 10.5| Project X Even Flow Black X 6.5
    Taylormade M4 Tour 15 * |Mitsubishi Tensei CK White 70 X
    Ping G400 18
    | PING Alta CB 65 Stiff
    Titleist 818 H1 20.5| Fujikura Atmos Blue 8X
    Callaway Apex 19 5-PW | Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 X
    Clevelans RTX4 48
    / 54* / 60* |
    Odyssey Stroke Lab, Toulon Memphis 34"

I can't see 65% of your golf profits being that demographic. 65% as a whole sure, I'll buy that.

I hope that is the fallacy they are following.

Posted:
  • Warrior42111Warrior42111 FloridaMembers  536WRX Points: 320Handicap: 19Posts: 536 Golden Tee

On -, @smashdn said:

I can't see 65% of your golf profits being that demographic. 65% as a whole sure, I'll buy that.

I hope that is the fallacy they are following.

I was just making up numbers for a purpose. Follow the money. Something has to be telling them to go that way.

Posted:

Taylormade M6 10.5| Project X Even Flow Black X 6.5
    Taylormade M4 Tour 15 * |Mitsubishi Tensei CK White 70 X
    Ping G400 18
    | PING Alta CB 65 Stiff
    Titleist 818 H1 20.5| Fujikura Atmos Blue 8X
    Callaway Apex 19 5-PW | Nippon Modus Tour 3 120 X
    Clevelans RTX4 48
    / 54* / 60* |
    Odyssey Stroke Lab, Toulon Memphis 34"

Advertisement
  • JAMH03JAMH03 Members  979WRX Points: 440Posts: 979 Golden Tee

Posted:

• jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members  2044WRX Points: 149Handicap: 3.9Posts: 2,044 Platinum Tees

I mean, Adidas is way more than just a golf company. Golf probably only makes up 1/4 of their line? They have a major skateboarding line. Soccer, obviously. Streetwear/fashion. I don't see the purpose of this thread.

Posted:
  • Lancj1Lancj1 Members  936WRX Points: 99Handicap: 18Posts: 936 Golden Tee

Recent golf shoes - footjoy an example - are just trainers.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • RSinSGRSinSG St George, UT (Formerly Palm Springs, CA)ClubWRX  3518WRX Points: 542Handicap: 7.3Posts: 3,518 ClubWRX

Someone should give those kids a sandwich.

Posted:
    Ping G410 Tour AD DI S
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.