GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

It's not just Nike losing its way.

2»

Comments

• FaReal87FaReal87 MAMembers  702WRX Points: 286Posts: 702 Golden Tee

On -, @RSinSG said:

Someone should give those kids a sandwich.

Too many people here eating them complaining about “slim” sizing.

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway Rogue 3-wood
    Vapor Pro Combo 4-PW
    Vokey RAW SM5 52F,56S, SM7 60K.12
    TaylorMade Spider (black)
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • hahanicehahanice Members  399WRX Points: 124Posts: 399 Greens

On -, @jacobEDGE said:

I mean, Adidas is way more than just a golf company. Golf probably only makes up 1/4 of their line? They have a major skateboarding line. Soccer, obviously. Streetwear/fashion. I don't see the purpose of this thread.

It has to be closer to 1/10th if even that

Posted:
  • glmglm Members  256WRX Points: 68Handicap: 5Posts: 256 Greens

I will not be buying anymore Nike products.
    It's a political thing. Betsy Ross vs Colin Kaepernick

Posted:
  • Jack PearsallJack Pearsall Members  3548WRX Points: 294Posts: 3,548 Titanium Tees

Betsy Ross polos?

Posted:

m5T 300 series fli hi ztx kgx wh#6

• mallratmallrat Members  3343WRX Points: 482Posts: 3,343 Titanium Tees

On -, @Warrior42111 said:

As others have said it's just a simple business move. If 65% of profits come from a demographic you're gonna cater to them more than any other.

That’s the thing, the sales aren’t coming from that demographic. 3 years ago Nike’s best seller was the $60 or $70 plain solid colored dri-fit shirt by an amount that isn’t even comparable. I’m talking 4 of that shirt to every other item, not combined but that includes shirts, pullovers, shorts, pants etc.

Basically they aren’t trying to follow the money they are trying to be seen as trend setters. There are quite a few there who think it’s wrong and SHOULD follow the money but they are over ridden by the higher ups

Posted:
  • GolfingfanaticGolfingfanatic Members  3836WRX Points: 737Handicap: 3.0Posts: 3,836 Titanium Tees

Maybe I am an idiot, but I cannot see the issue with the picture.
    Pretty sure that the kids are not wearing golf clothes nor does adidas sell them as that. It is most likely an ad for adidas originals, their lifestyle brand.

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 10.5° w/ Aldila Rogue White 70 130MSI X
    TaylorMade M2 DF 16.5° w/ Mitsu Diamana W 80X
    TaylorMade Sim Max Rescue 19° w/ HZRDUS Red 105 6.5
    Yonex Ezone CB-301 3-9 w/ Nippon Modus 125X
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 48°,53°,58° w/ DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black 34"

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members  2645WRX Points: 1,044Posts: 2,645 Titanium Tees

On -, @Golfingfanatic said:

Maybe I am an idiot, but I cannot see the issue with the picture.

It was actually from an unsubscribe page from their email list. I thought it was funny the hipsters were mean-mugging me for unsubscribing.

If you are that young and that angry looking already you are really going to be hacked off about the time you turn 40 and have real life problems.

Posted:
  • hahanicehahanice Members  399WRX Points: 124Posts: 399 Greens

I kinda think the same way. I'm always thinking, man if X company would sell this item based on what everyone on WRX says, they would sell boatloads and be the greatest company ever. The reality is, they would sell like 72 of that item and we would all be really happy and it would be a nightmare.

I have been lucky enough to start studying what these companies are doing and its hard to argue with them. There are certain categories that these brands willingly take a loss in to increase awareness and boost revenue in other categories. I am imagining golf is a break even or loss category. But at the end of the day Nike is considered a top 20 brand (Brand Value, not asset value), and is the number 1 brand in the apparel space. We should just assume that anything they do is a smart decision. They could care less about how Kaep feels, or whether a flag is racist or not. They care about appealing to a segment and that's it.
    The other companies know they need to be doing the same things as well.

Posted:
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members  5145WRX Points: 914Posts: 5,145 Titanium Tees

No matter how cool the parents think they are, young folk don't want to dress like their parents. They either dress like the picture or, in the case of my daughter, they dress like her grandmother. These companies have a duty to maximize shareholder value. I remember having a Nike tee shirt 40 years ago and some woman thought my name was Nike. I should have bought stock in them instead of the shirts and shoes.

Posted:
  • thevaporzthevaporz Members  3351WRX Points: 458Handicap: 13Posts: 3,351 Titanium Tees

[youtube]

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.