All Srixon!

SwooshLT SwooshLT Members Posts: 7,062 ✭✭

I know, I know.....not one manufacturer can make the best fit for any ONE golfer.....some ,including me, have tried!

Well my new conquest seems to have turned to SRIXON..... Z585 iron started this and with more research, I'm finding the lineup to blend very well together.

I want to stay forged for the feel but needing help I tried p790, jpx919 forged and a few others....the z585 really looks nice at address and the z785 short irons are going to complete the set.....U85 starts at 4i(23*) for lefties so that truly makes the decision easier.... rtx4 wedges and 85 woods will compliment the lineup.

So even being super late to the wagon, who else is riding along?

Comments

• gpleonardgpleonard New Smyrna Beach, FloridaMembers Posts: 1,289 ✭✭

I am with you. Z785 driver , Z85 woods and hybrids, Z585 irons, RTX wedges. Z Star ball. Only difference is SC Squareback 1.5 putter. This set works very well for me.

Gil Leonard
  • pjcpjc In The Middle Members Posts: 600 ✭✭

No doubt that Srixon makes some of the best equipment on the planet! Not an overstatement at all. Their irons may be a cut above some of the "JDM" stuff, not to mention some of the PXG stuff. Super over priced Callaway, Titleist, TM, I just don't understand people's thinking. If you are going to spend a couple grand, give or take, on new equipment you just can't be a sheep anymore man. Even if you buy blind without trying, at least the irons, you will not be disappointed. People buying what they see on TV is just beyond me anymore with all of the information that is out there nowadays. People on TV get paid to play equipment, period...we don't! A lot of brands get overlooked too easily because of ego mostly and what people might think and say out on the course (even if you don't want to admit it, it's true). The Golfworks Maltby new stuff is as good as anything on the market right now at at least half the cost. I just got a brand new KE4 Tour TC 5 wood, 42" finished length, house MPF Pro Series 77 gram fwy shaft, handpicked head at 18* at D2. Came in perfect to spec. Not just saying this, it's the best fairway wood I've hit in a very long time. Carry on with the Srixon love, I've played their stuff for years, even when absolutely nobody new what the **** they were even looking at.

Srixon Z-TX 10.5* OG MRC Diamana BB 63 S
    Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5 wood 18* MPF Pro Series FWY S
    Srixon Z 565 4 iron Nippon NS Pro 980GH DST S
    Bridgestone J15 CB 5-PW Nippon NS Pro 1050GH S
    Bridgestone J15 forged 51* Nippon NS Pro 1050GH S
    Bridgestone J15 forged 56* True Temper DG Spinner
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 Rossie black/Lamkin deep etched
    Srixon Z-STAR
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members Posts: 7,062 ✭✭

@pjc said:
    No doubt that Srixon makes some of the best equipment on the planet! Not an overstatement at all. Their irons may be a cut above some of the "JDM" stuff, not to mention some of the PXG stuff. Super over priced Callaway, Titleist, TM, I just don't understand people's thinking. If you are going to spend a couple grand, give or take, on new equipment you just can't be a sheep anymore man. Even if you buy blind without trying, at least the irons, you will not be disappointed. People buying what they see on TV is just beyond me anymore with all of the information that is out there nowadays. People on TV get paid to play equipment, period...we don't! A lot of brands get overlooked too easily because of ego mostly and what people might think and say out on the course (even if you don't want to admit it, it's true). The Golfworks Maltby new stuff is as good as anything on the market right now at at least half the cost. I just got a brand new KE4 Tour TC 5 wood, 42" finished length, house MPF Pro Series 77 gram fwy shaft, handpicked head at 18* at D2. Came in perfect to spec. Not just saying this, it's the best fairway wood I've hit in a very long time. Carry on with the Srixon love, I've played their stuff for years, even when absolutely nobody new what the **** they were even looking at.

I've had limited access to srixon being lefty but have used them off and on for 15yrs now....the 403ad driver was awesome and the I-506 irons were decent.....

• Tim SherwoodTim Sherwood Members Posts: 342 ✭✭

I could easily go all Srixon. In my bag I currently have a z565 driver, F45 3 wood and a H45 hybrid. They are all the best clubs I've had in those spots. I do have a set of Srixon irons (z355) but they really don't work for me, so I'm keeping my eye out for a good deal on something else from their range, maybe some 5 or 7 series.

• knackersknackers Members Posts: 20 ✭✭

Don't forget a Cleveland soft putter !!. I'm rocking the 745's, 3U85, RTX3PW(46), RTX4 52,58. But even though their woods/drivers have improved 45's series an onwards i cannot find anything to replace my GBB EPIC star driver and +3W =(, I've tried the new drivers just couldn't out drive the epic and the feeling of the face is off.

• dalillama47dalillama47 Members Posts: 1,224 ✭✭

All you have to do is look at my sig.

Srixon Z785
    Srixon F85 3 & 5
    Srixon H85 #4 22*
    Srixon Z585 5 iron, Z785 6-pw
    Cleveland RTX 4, 50,54, & 58
    Bettinardi Sudio Stainless 38
    Srixon 2019 Z Star

• lefty74pghlefty74pgh Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,550 ✭✭

I have Z585 4-PW, CBX 50*, 54* and RTX4 58*.

• nichhonichho Members Posts: 1,959 ✭✭

I'm half there but won't be going much further. When I need new wedges I'll probably go with Cleveland, I've had then before and the new bunch look tasty.

I won't be changing the putter nor the driver. I tried the Z 765, it looked great but I couldn't hit to save my life. Can't see me changing the Rogue, I made that mistake once before, It won't happen again.
    I would say that the hybrids are amazing.

Callaway Rogue UST Recoil 
    Srixon Z H65 2h Myazaki Kaula
    Srixon Z H65 3h Myazaki Kaula
    Srixon Z765 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 125
    Japanese Tour Forged AW
    Japanese Tour Forged SW
    Mizuno T105
  • BabydaddyBabydaddy Members Posts: 865 ✭✭

@ SwooshLT said:
    I know, I know.....not one manufacturer can make the best fit for any ONE golfer.....some ,including me, have tried!

Well my new conquest seems to have turned to SRIXON..... Z585 iron started this and with more research, I'm finding the lineup to blend very well together.

I want to stay forged for the feel but needing help I tried p790, jpx919 forged and a few others....the z585 really looks nice at address and the z785 short irons are going to complete the set.....U85 starts at 4i(23*) for lefties so that truly makes the decision easier.... rtx4 wedges and 85 woods will compliment the lineup.

So even being super late to the wagon, who else is riding along?

Everything in my bag but the putter!

• MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 474 ✭✭

I know most people say it's best not to stick with only 1 brand these days. But I think most companies are making it easier to go with 1 brand these days with all the options they have. I've done my fair share of "if I was sponsored by xyz what would my bag be like?"

Srixon being one of them I don't think I'd have a huge problem, I already have the irons, the Cleveland wedges are easy to work with could be an option when I do new wedges. I've hit the Srixon fairway and hybrid well also an option when I upgrade, the driver might be tough but not impossible. Only thing would be the putter, I'd go with a different brand cause I just don't get along with them. I already play the Z-Star XV ball most of the time as well.

So I could do mostly Srixon/Cleveland minus the putter which most of their pro's do anyways.

WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S Shaft
    Fariway: Cobra F7 - 15.5° Draw - Tensei Blue 65S Shaft
    Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 - 20° Draw - Diamana S+ 70R Shaft
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300 Shaft
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56° - Ping Glide 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - Argolf Avalon - Toulon Sand Diego - Byron Morgan DH89 - and many more.
    Balls: Vice Pro+ - Srixon Z-Star XV
    Bag: Ping Pioneer
  • carlococarloco Members Posts: 69 ✭✭

Srixon irons Cleveland wedge and putter.
    I got got taylormade on the top of my bag.
    2030 I’m definitely going all srixon. Lol

2017 Taylormade M2 Driver 9.5*
    2018 M4 3 Wood 15*
    2016 Srixon Z545 4-PW
    2018 Srixon Z585 AW 50*
    2017 Cleveland RTX-3 56*
    2006 Ping M/B 60*
    2017 Cleveland Huntington Beach #4 Putter

Clubs on timeout

2012 Cleveland Tour Action 588 64*

Srixon 3 iron

2007 Adams Super Black Hybrid 15*
    2007 Adams Super Black Hybrid 19*

@carloco said:
    Srixon irons Cleveland wedge and putter.
    I got got taylormade on the top of my bag.
    2030 I’m definitely going all srixon. Lol

2030? Lol.....

• sambodoorssambodoors Members Posts: 94 ✭✭

I only have the irons for now (z785's) and they're bomb. Definitely want to expand into Srixon drivers someday in the near future..

Ping G400 Max 10.5º | Tour AD DJ-6s
    Cobra F8 3-4 FWY | Adila NV 2KXV Blue 70
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i | Tour AD-95s 
    Srixon z785 4-GW | Modus3 120s
    Scratch 8620 52º, 56º, 60º | DG S300
    Artisan 0318

@sambodoors said:
    I only have the irons for now (z785's) and they're bomb. Definitely want to expand into Srixon drivers someday in the near future..

Like 2030? Lol....

• sambodoorssambodoors Members Posts: 94 ✭✭

@ SwooshLT said:

@sambodoors said:

Like 2030? Lol....

Oh yeah, can't wait for the z7305's to drop

Ping G400 Max 10.5º | Tour AD DJ-6s
    Cobra F8 3-4 FWY | Adila NV 2KXV Blue 70
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i | Tour AD-95s 
    Srixon z785 4-GW | Modus3 120s
    Scratch 8620 52º, 56º, 60º | DG S300
    Artisan 0318
  • gripandripgripandrip Members Posts: 999 ✭✭

All in with 745 irons and RTX4 wedges, but haven’t found the love for the woods....

Very strange situation......my ideal set was going to be Z585 4-8i Z785 9 n pw with modus 105R half over...

Well on the Bay I found combo set ......however it is Z585 4-6i Z785 7-pw with Recoil 95 F3(regular) at a great price!

Am I gonna regret this decision or will this be close enough to my desired combo?

• Chuck905Chuck905 Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭

Upgrade to the RTX-4s from 3s in the SW and LW.

These are the most tour like wedges at address if I ever seen one. Helps that they perform well too.

Epic SZ 10*, Tensei White 75
    Epic SZ Strong 3 Wood, 13.5*
    U45 17*, Recoil 110
    3-PW Mizuno MP18 Blades
    Mizuno T7s 54-8 SW and 58-12 LW
    Ping Redwood
  • revanantrevanant Members Posts: 237 ✭✭

I could probably do a mostly Srixon bag. I love my Z Star/XV and could happily play Cleveland wedges and Srixon irons.

However, I doubt I could be convinced to swap my Cobra woods. The baffler tech just works.

Cobra King LTD
    Cobra F8 3W
    Cobra F6 Baffler 5W
    Mizuno MP-4 w/ Project X 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54-10 M
    Mizuno JPX 58-14
    Ping Redwood D66

• MattGolfsMattGolfs San DiegoMembers Posts: 23 ✭✭

I’ve got the Srixon z785s 4-pw and RTX4 5010 and 5610! They won’t be leaving the bag anytime soon!

• Nike Vapor Flex 10.5° w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Diamina 60 gram stiff
    • Callaway Epic Flash Subzero 3 Wood w/ Project X Evenflow Black 65 gram stiff
    • Callaway Apex 3 hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80 gram stiff
    • Srixon Z785 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    • Cleveland RTX4 50°10 and 56°10 w/ KBS C-Taper stiff
    • Taylormade Hi-Toe 60°ATV w/ KBS hi-rev 2.0
    • Scotty Cameron PP Newport Mil-Spec 350 G w/ Superstroke Traxion Pistol GT tour