Srixon 565 Driver- Am I losing yards?

BabydaddyBabydaddy Members Posts: 865 ✭✭

I love the look and feel of my 565 . I have been researching this at length the last two weeks looking at driver reviews and comparisons online .
There was even one head to head with the 565 versus the new 785 . The guy picked up like 15 yards .
I have always believed that technology couldn’t really change all of that much from year to year am I wrong?
Has anyone compared their 565 driver to others and what were your findings?

Comments

• 03trdblack03trdblack ClubWRX Posts: 1,880 ClubWRX

The only way you're losing yards is if a new driver fits you better than your 565. Were you fit for it originally? Even if you were your swing could have changed slightly since and another combo might be more optimized. Either way you probably won't see drastic differences.

• Millhill88Millhill88 Members Posts: 499 ✭✭

I swung the 785, TS2, M5 & M6, G410 and Mizzy along with the 585. The 585 won hands down. Straighter and consistently longer than the rest. That is.... With my "fitted for" shaft. Like 03trdblack said, the only way you are losing yards is if you have the wrong shaft.

Driver: Srixon Z585
    4 Wood: Titleist TS2
    Hybrid: Titleist 818 H1
    Irons: Titleist AP1, 5-AW
    Wedges: Cleveland RTX4 @ 54 & 60
    Putter: Cleveland HB 11
  • BabydaddyBabydaddy Members Posts: 865 ✭✭

@Millhill88 said:
    I swung the 785, TS2, M5 & M6, G410 and Mizzy along with the 585. The 585 won hands down. Straighter and consistently longer than the rest. That is.... With my "fitted for" shaft. Like 03trdblack said, the only way you are losing yards is if you have the wrong shaft.

Are you saying 585 or 565 ?
    I have the stock stiff shaft Miyazaki Kuala
    9.5 loft-
    I hit the driver great and I love it .
    But 15 yards is 15 yards or 30% better dispersion is 30% better dispersion .
    I guess I’m getting sucked up into the marketing stuff a little bit

• MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 474 ✭✭

Are you hitting fairways? Cause if I was hitting fairways constantly I wouldn't be worried about 15 yards.

WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S Shaft
    Fariway: Cobra F7 - 15.5° Draw - Tensei Blue 65S Shaft
    Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 - 20° Draw - Diamana S+ 70R Shaft
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300 Shaft
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56° - Ping Glide 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - Argolf Avalon - Toulon Sand Diego - Byron Morgan DH89 - and many more.
    Balls: Vice Pro+ - Srixon Z-Star XV
    Bag: Ping Pioneer

@MattM97 said:
    Are you hitting fairways? Cause if I was hitting fairways constantly I wouldn't be worried about 15 yards.

Haha
    Yeah I pretty much do- The more I talk about it the more I realize how much I actually love this driver .
    It really is like an updated version of my J33R

I guess I just needed a little bit of reassurance

@Millhill88 said:

What is interesting is that you watch these YouTube reviews from people who are normally pretty neutral when saying negative things about products but many of them have gone out of their way to say how they weren’t all that impressed with the 565 driver but that the new driver is in a whole different world.
    But then you watch videos where pings last five drivers all perform about the same with the oldest one performing the best

• MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 474 ✭✭

@Babydaddy said:

@MattM97 said:

Haha
    Yeah I pretty much do- The more I talk about it the more I realize how much I actually love this driver .

I'd take that trade any day of the week honestly, distance is only nice if you're hitting it in play. A 300 yard drive in the trees is an extra 2 or 3 shots probably.

WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S Shaft
    Fariway: Cobra F7 - 15.5° Draw - Tensei Blue 65S Shaft
    Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 - 20° Draw - Diamana S+ 70R Shaft
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300 Shaft
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56° - Ping Glide 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - Argolf Avalon - Toulon Sand Diego - Byron Morgan DH89 - and many more.
    Balls: Vice Pro+ - Srixon Z-Star XV
    Bag: Ping Pioneer

@MattM97 said:

@Babydaddy said:

@MattM97 said:

Haha

I'd take that trade any day of the week honestly, distance is only nice if you're hitting it in play. A 300 yard drive in the trees is an extra 2 or 3 shots probably.

All right thank you for talking some sense into me

• RogerinNewZealandRogerinNewZealand Members Posts: 2,452 ✭✭

J33R ... now im listening ! Hitting Fairways.... thats the key are you hitting 12 or more fairways?....

2019 May

Ping [email protected] 10.5
    Tee 16.5
    Tm V Steel @ 18

Mizuno MP 63 DGR300 at D4

Vokey SM5 50 08 F Old SM at 54 and SM6 58S 10

Titleist Scotty Mid Slant Pro Platinum at 34 and a Half!

• kess13kess13 So I just put the ball in the hole... Members Posts: 1,302 ✭✭

I saw that video of the comparison to the 785. The setups were different so not apples to apples. I love my 565. Was very straight with the stock miyazaki but a little shorter than my norm. Then I stuck a tour green in it and knocked a bunch of spin off. All the sudden it was as long/longer than anything else, very straight, and I live the feel of the head. Get optimized and there probably won't be much between them. Well, except the ever burning need to get the new thing. That, that is very real.

Bio Cell
    F6 baffler
    MP54
    T7/eye2XG Lob
    Mills Ming

@kess13 said:
    I saw that video of the comparison to the 785. The setups were different so not apples to apples. I love my 565. Was very straight with the stock miyazaki but a little shorter than my norm. Then I stuck a tour green in it and knocked a bunch of spin off. All the sudden it was as long/longer than anything else, very straight, and I live the feel of the head. Get optimized and there probably won't be much between them. Well, except the ever burning need to get the new thing. That, that is very real.

I will have to go back and look at that video- It's odd that so many of the reviewers talk about how they basically didn't love prior offerings from Srixon with drivers and fairway-