GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Next Generation Camerons

SCalGolfer ·  
SCalGolferSCalGolfer Members  201WRX Points: 130Posts: 201 Fairways

Hi guys,

I searched and didn't see anything. Does anyone know what the 2020 Camerons will be like? I'm hoping they go back to a non-insert model as I don't like the current lineup. I would also prefer a cleaner design without the words Scotty & Cameron, and big dots all over the clubhead. Black is a nice color. Scotty's early clean designs are my favorite. I currently game a 2009 Studio Select NP2.

Thanks in advance.

PS - the current NP2 is very nice minus the insert.

Posted:

Comments

• noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers  3282WRX Points: 603Handicap: 8.3Posts: 3,282 Titanium Tees

The change to a non-insert putter head in the Phantom line hopefully signals a change across the board. This said, I prefer the Futura 7M/5M/5.5M over the Phantom line in both looks and feel.

Posted:

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • A.PrinceyA.Princey Major Hacker Members  2571WRX Points: 540Handicap: 3Posts: 2,571 Titanium Tees

If nothing else, the current run of inserts for several years has really boosted the secondary market for the Classic's, PP's, Studio Stainless' , and Circas etc.!

Posted:

TM 2016 M2 12*, OG Graf Blue X 43.5"

TEE XCG7 3W 16.5*, OG Graf Blue X 41.5"

Callaway Rogue X 4i, PX SD 5.5 39.75"

Cobra King OS 4-G, XP95 R300

Vokey 56(57*), 60(63*) DG-R400

"Rusty" Byron DH89 Pipeneck, 34" (or any of 10  2 other putters...)

B330-RX

• A.PrinceyA.Princey Major Hacker Members  2571WRX Points: 540Handicap: 3Posts: 2,571 Titanium Tees

Hopefully they resemble these, with absolutely NO dots and a very minimal sole like pictured. It could be the biggest OTR release of SC's history. Blank neck, blank bumpers, Titleist script in the cavity, and small Scotty Cameron on the face(think classics). At worst for the sole, a classy Tei/Classic-like 'Scotty Cameron' with the line underneath on the sole(by Titleist).

Biggest offering though, NP and NP2 with optional flange lines. Make half of each model naked and the other half with lines. The NP2 naked, or even with topline sight-aids looks much cleaner to some folks.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1769376/new-cameron-putters-including-matsuyamas-2019-pga-championship#latest

Posted:

TM 2016 M2 12*, OG Graf Blue X 43.5"

TEE XCG7 3W 16.5*, OG Graf Blue X 41.5"

Callaway Rogue X 4i, PX SD 5.5 39.75"

Cobra King OS 4-G, XP95 R300

Vokey 56(57*), 60(63*) DG-R400

"Rusty" Byron DH89 Pipeneck, 34" (or any of 10  2 other putters...)

B330-RX

• GeorgeHWBGeorgeHWB Members  2195WRX Points: 1,637Posts: 2,195 Platinum Tees

It makes zero sense to make a putter with an insert that is made from the same material as the rest of the putter. Just dumb. This has to stop, Scotty.

Posted:
  • SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members  1722WRX Points: 237Handicap: 6Posts: 1,722 Platinum Tees

On -, @Im_A_Savage said:

It makes zero sense to make a putter with an insert that is made from the same material as the rest of the putter. Just dumb. This has to stop, Scotty.

But then what would he do with his stock of double-sided tape?

Posted:
  • BlackM00NlightBlackM00Nlight IowaMembers  3682WRX Points: 616Handicap: 6Posts: 3,682 Titanium Tees

On -, @Skhacker said:

On -, @Im_A_Savage said:

But then what would he do with his stock of double-sided tape?

Maybe he finally ran out??

Posted:
    Mizuno ST-190G Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno ST-190TS 15* Tensei White 70X
    Mizuno CLK 19* 3 Hybrid Speeder Evo HB 95X
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC 4-P C-Taper 130X (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Mizuno S18 50, 55, 60 C-Taper 130X soft stepped (plus 1/2" 3 up)
    Mizuno TP Mills #5
    Titleist Pro V1 X

Advertisement
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers  1007WRX Points: 337Posts: 1,007 Platinum Tees

Part of me thinks he knows exactly what he's doing. Release inserts and busy designs for years and make everyone long for the older styles...then release a clean, simple, solid head and sell a freaking ton of them. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit but I can already tell that it will be a huge seller if something anywhere close to what we are seeing is released. I am including myself in this and I haven't ponied up for a new putter in 10 years (but I've bought and sold dozens of used ones.)

Posted:
  • tom.lockharttom.lockhart Members  98WRX Points: 73Handicap: 7.4Posts: 98 Fairways

God I hope we can get a non-insert scotty. I just bought a 2012 Select in the awesome Black Mist finish because I've been waiting for a **** Scotty for too long!

Posted:
    Titleist 917 D2 10.5* (9.75*) Diamana D+
    Titleist 917 F2 15* Diamana S+
    Titleist 816 H1 19* Atmos Blue
    Titleist U510 21* HZRDUS Black Smoke
    Titleist 718 AP1 5-GW i95 Steelfiber
    Titleist SM7 52.8F
    Titleist SM7 56.10S
    Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 - 34"
    Titleist AVX
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, IllinoisMembers  6533WRX Points: 1,767Handicap: 8Posts: 6,533 Titanium Tees

I think the insert putters catch a bad rap. Much to do about nothin' The deep milled stuff is worse. My 2 cents.

Posted:
    Titleist TS2
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Titleist 818 H2 19 Hybrid
    Ping Anser 23 Hybrid
    Ping Anser 27 Hybrid
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Ping, Glide 54,58ES Wedge
    Bettenardi Studio Stock #3 F.I.T.
    Snell MTB 

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right
  • j.a.j.a. Members  1750WRX Points: 194Posts: 1,750 Platinum Tees

I do hope that next generation would be a more classic approach, it’s good the Tei3 has been relaunched and hopefully a full St.St. might be released, I mean with no aluminium insert like all those legendary putters from the 2000’s

Posted:
  • ChrisTChrisT Members  17WRX Points: 44Handicap: 9Posts: 17 Bunkers

I haven't bought a new SC for 10 years but loads of old ones. I'd def buy these. The current models with inserts sound like a Hyundai.

oops. Except for T22.......Just had to. It may remain in plastic.

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @ChrisT said:

The current models with inserts sound like a Hyundai.

oops. Except for T22.......Just had to. It may remain in plastic.

I would say, those models sound like a Lada... the Hyundai i30N actually sounds pretty good 😉

Posted:
  • JoelsimJoelsim Members  1435WRX Points: 534Handicap: 12Posts: 1,435 Platinum Tees

Get a Bettinardi or a Piretti instead.

Posted:
    Driver: Ping G400 10.5 Reg Ping Alta 44.5”
    Hybrids: Titleist TS3 19* Stiff HZRDUS Smoke & TS2 21* Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Irons: Ping G410 5-UW (#5 at power spec loft)
    Wedges: Vokey SM8 54D, Callaway MD5 Jaws 60W Low and Mack Daddy 4 64S
    Putters: Bettinardi Studio Stock #3 (Jumbo Lamkin), Bettinardi Studio Stock #28 Slotback (Winn Dri-Tac), Bettinardi Queen Bee #9 (Winn Dri-Tac), Piretti Matera Elite (Piretti Fat Grip), Piretti Cottonwood II (Piretti Fat Grip).
  • MedsonMedson Members  2689WRX Points: 292Posts: 2,689 Titanium Tees

With the recent T22 launch, maybe we’ll see return to classic next year? I mean Scotty OTR has gotten way too busy.

I remember there was some issues with wear and tear of the 2012 Black Mist Select line, hence it became silver in 2014.

Posted:
  • TigerInTheWoodsTigerInTheWoods Members  2653WRX Points: 1,667Handicap: 4Posts: 2,653 Titanium Tees

I feel like many read the hate for inserts and then go in with preconceptions when they roll them. It's like a massive witch hunt. I play an older Scotty and the feel is gorgeous but the new ones are great too. Yeah, a cleaner look would be nice I guess but they're still d*mn good putters.

Posted:
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers  3725WRX Points: 709Handicap: 8.2Posts: 3,725 Titanium Tees

I can't stand the inserts when compared to the stainless steel selects. Don't feel as good and just makes 0 sense. Would love to see a clean, carbon steel, non-insert, shallow milled release. Will never happen though.

Posted:

PING Hoofer Lite

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*

(PING G25 23* 4h)

Titleist 718 AP2 4-P

Titleist SM7 52.08F, 58.08M

PING BeCu Scottsdale Anser

Advertisement
  • BYKBYK Cardinals NationMembers  2245WRX Points: 364Posts: 2,245 Platinum Tees

On -, @brew4eagle said:

I can't stand the inserts when compared to the stainless steel selects. Don't feel as good and just makes 0 sense. Would love to see a clean, carbon steel, non-insert, shallow milled release. Will never happen though.

Yeah, carbon is dead. Sucks
    But supposedly the next line is going to be solid milled again.
    No confirmation, so I'll believe it when I see.

Posted:
    Yadi for President
  • leftycabeleftycabe IowaClubWRX  164WRX Points: 130Handicap: GolfPosts: 164 ClubWRX

I haven’t heard specifics on the putter itself but a rep informed my “putter guy” that the new line is going to retail between $469-499. To me, that signals the solid one piece and they’ll tell a story about how they “refined” this and that and the new price point is going to be indicative of the premium materials, etc. I’ll be annoyed by the whole thing and then buy one anyway. 🤦‍♂️

Posted:
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers  3725WRX Points: 709Handicap: 8.2Posts: 3,725 Titanium Tees

On -, @leftycabe said:

I haven’t heard specifics on the putter itself but a rep informed my “putter guy” that the new line is going to retail between $469-499. To me, that signals the solid one piece and they’ll tell a story about how they “refined” this and that and the new price point is going to be indicative of the premium materials, etc. I’ll be annoyed by the whole thing and then buy one anyway. 🤦‍♂️

At that price point just go custom made

Posted:

PING Hoofer Lite

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*

(PING G25 23* 4h)

Titleist 718 AP2 4-P

Titleist SM7 52.08F, 58.08M

PING BeCu Scottsdale Anser

• tangojaytangojay Members  1076WRX Points: 199Posts: 1,076 Platinum Tees

I wonder if he re-released this in order to maintain the price of the original TeI putters and re-set the OEM putter price?
    At one time, $299 was unheard off price for a putter, now it seems $299 is almost a standard price for a OEM putter. Look at the current Cameron list prices, nothing under $399.
    I would not doubt a re-release of Stainless Newport's and Newport 2's at $599 or $699 is too far.
    But again, I could and have been wrong thousands of times before,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Posted:

On -, @tangojay said:

At one time, $299 was unheard off price for a putter, now it seems $299 is almost a standard price for a OEM putter. Look at the current Cameron list prices, nothing under $399.
    I would not doubt a re-release of Stainless Newport's and Newport 2's at $599 or $699 is too far.

We better don’t look at the price of drivers. At some point I believe the manufacturers themselves are helping to kill Golf with such big prices on everything regardless that most gear is made in China in these days...

Posted:

Advertisement
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Members  2811WRX Points: 988Posts: 2,811 Titanium Tees

On -, @j.a. said:

On -, @tangojay said:

We better don’t look at the price of drivers. At some point I believe the manufacturers themselves are helping to kill Golf with such big prices on everything regardless that most gear is made in China in these days...

Costs of materials have gone up, cost to transport has gone up, while made overseas many assemble in the states and labor costs have gone up. Companies are spending more on r&d and marketing. A large portion of a releases budget is marketing.

Posted:
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members  6078WRX Points: 605Posts: 6,078 Titanium Tees

Price of irons have gone up ever since pxg

Posted:
  • MedsonMedson Members  2689WRX Points: 292Posts: 2,689 Titanium Tees

I can stomach $399 OTR. It has been a while since I bought a brand new OTR (nothing appealing to me).

Posted:
  • kerila07kerila07 Members  318WRX Points: 70Handicap: 0.3Posts: 318 Greens

Pretty sure the T22 release was a test to see how well the public reacts to the higher prices everyone was eager to spend 600+ on the putters now when the 2020 models come out prices at 450 or more there will not be as much sticker shock.

Posted:
  • Rory4PresRory4Pres Members  1490WRX Points: 441Handicap: 1Posts: 1,490 Platinum Tees

The last time Scotty made a long neck blade....19 years ago. Just saying, if anyone has a voice to complain....

Posted:

-Cobra F8+ driver w/ Tensei pro orange -TS3/TS2 15* w/ Evenflow -818 H2 17* w/ Atmos -816 H2 19* w/ Motore Speeder -MP64's with Ctapers

-Vokeys 46.06, 52.12, 60.04/60.07 -Kingston KP1 welded Long neck

Advertisement
  • tangojaytangojay Members  1076WRX Points: 199Posts: 1,076 Platinum Tees

On -, @GoGoErky said:

On -, @j.a. said:

On -, @tangojay said:

Costs of materials have gone up, cost to transport has gone up, while made overseas many assemble in the states and labor costs have gone up. Companies are spending more on r&d and marketing. A large portion of a releases budget is marketing.

Actually, Scotty Cameron has done this before, in an article with GOLF magazine, he stated he price his putters to a price the market would support, this marketing ploy, in my opinion was followed by PXG, I am sure you can find post here bashing them when they first introduced $1,200 plus iron sets.
    Now, many don’t even blink an eye. A driver today costs more than my complete PING set in ‘82, including a BECU putter.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.