GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

On the range sky sports

 musclefront ·  
musclefrontmusclefront Members  448WRX Points: 365Posts: 448 Greens
Joined:  in Tour Talk #1

Watching this makes me want all sky sports and no golf channel. So much better!! Guess I have to move to Europe?

Posted:
1

Comments

  • c7015c7015 Members  2290WRX Points: 298Posts: 2,290 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #2

    vpn / sports devil / xbmc

    but yes much better

    Posted:
    TS3 Smoke 70g (S Flex)
    913 FD 3 wood Whiteboard (X Flex)
    915 F 5 wood Blueboard (S Flex)
    712U 4 Iron
    714CB 5-6
    718MB 7-PW 
    Vokey SM7 50, 55, 60 
    SC Newport 2.5
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • chigolfer1chigolfer1 Members  1327WRX Points: 356Posts: 1,327 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #3

    On -, @musclefront said:

    Watching this makes me want all sky sports and no golf channel. So much better!! Guess I have to move to Europe?

    Yes, golf channel is an annoying schlock fest compared to sky sports. Not sure why American golf commentary has to be this way.

    Posted:
  • caseFSUcaseFSU Members  223WRX Points: 80Posts: 223 Fairways
    Joined:  #4

    I'm on board with anyone that does not allow Rich Lerner to speak.

    Posted:
  • musclefrontmusclefront Members  448WRX Points: 365Posts: 448 Greens
    Joined:  edited Jul 17, 2019 #5

    Case in point. Rich Lerner asking Dustin Johnson about a South Carolina basketball player he’s never seen play. Seriously? Just have DJ hit drivers and ask him about that.

    Posted:
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4661WRX Points: 1,668Posts: 4,661 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #6

    Comcast generally destroys anything that it buys/owns. Since Comcast now has control of Sky Sports watch the quality of Sky sports head downhill. Wouldn't be surprised.

    Posted:
  • Steele47Steele47 Members  1837WRX Points: 994Posts: 1,837 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #7

    On -, @musclefront said:

    Watching this makes me want all sky sports and no golf channel. So much better!! Guess I have to move to Europe?

    Yes. Move to Europe.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members  6185WRX Points: 1,641Handicap: 3Posts: 6,185 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #8

    The Open Zone as they are calling it is awesome and has been a great addition. That said, this year, they seem to be flying without a studio at all and that takes away something as does the loss of David Livingstone and Butch Harmon from the presenting team. In fact in years gone by we would have had Monty and Darren Clarke in the studio as well. So far this week we seem to have Nick Dougherty, Paul McGinley and Dame Laura Davies who are all good and Dougherty is going to be brilliant but there has definitely been a drop in the standard.

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow T1100 White
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
    Titleist 712U 3 Stiff Graphite Design Tour AD DI
    Titleist T100 4-PW Stiff Project X LZ
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Edinburgh, ScotlandMembers  3390WRX Points: 1,202Posts: 3,390 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #9

    On -, @MattyO1984 said:

    The Open Zone as they are calling it is awesome and has been a great addition. That said, this year, they seem to be flying without a studio at all and that takes away something as does the loss of David Livingstone and Butch Harmon from the presenting team. In fact in years gone by we would have had Monty and Darren Clarke in the studio as well. So far this week we seem to have Nick Dougherty, Paul McGinley and Dame Laura Davies who are all good and Dougherty is going to be brilliant but there has definitely been a drop in the standard.

    In the past they had too many non-players in these Open Zone segments such as celebrities and other sports stars plus it was overdone, often badly timed and became a bit tedious. Sky Sports has really fine tuned their golf coverage but I see quite a bit of Golf Channel and it does have a lot of good content.

    Harmon is a huge loss to Sky Sports Golf. I agree that Dougherty is very good and he's a surprisingly likeable guy. Will be very interested to see who they replace Ewen Murray with? I'm worried who they might go for. Sky Sports are overhauling a lot of their commentary teams so even though Ewen Murray isn't officially being replaced he himself doesn't know if he will return in 2020 as lead commentator it does look highly likely it will happen.

    Posted:
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members  6185WRX Points: 1,641Handicap: 3Posts: 6,185 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #10

    On -, @OldTomMorris said:

    On -, @MattyO1984 said:

    The Open Zone as they are calling it is awesome and has been a great addition. That said, this year, they seem to be flying without a studio at all and that takes away something as does the loss of David Livingstone and Butch Harmon from the presenting team. In fact in years gone by we would have had Monty and Darren Clarke in the studio as well. So far this week we seem to have Nick Dougherty, Paul McGinley and Dame Laura Davies who are all good and Dougherty is going to be brilliant but there has definitely been a drop in the standard.

    In the past they had too many non-players in these Open Zone segments such as celebrities and other sports stars plus it was overdone, often badly timed and became a bit tedious. Sky Sports has really fine tuned their golf coverage but I see quite a bit of Golf Channel and it does have a lot of good content.

    Harmon is a huge loss to Sky Sports Golf. I agree that Dougherty is very good and he's a surprisingly likeable guy. Will be very interested to see who they replace Ewen Murray with? I'm worried who they might go for. Sky Sports are overhauling a lot of their commentary teams so even though Ewen Murray isn't officially being replaced he himself doesn't know if he will return in 2020 as lead commentator it does look highly likely it will happen.

    Ewen Murray is Sky Sports Golf. I know that some are not huge fans but he is most insightful and well read commentator I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. He would be a huge huge loss if Sky decided to let him go.

    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow T1100 White
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black 
    Titleist 712U 3 Stiff Graphite Design Tour AD DI
    Titleist T100 4-PW Stiff Project X LZ
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08 & 54.10
    Titlesist Vokey SM7 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x 2019
  • jubilee_linksjubilee_links Members  186WRX Points: 90Posts: 186 Fairways
    Joined:  #11

    I like on the range - its interesting how many top professionals work on the same fundamentals that all golfers should focus on.

    Can see Ewen Murray diallling down the travel etc. and only doing majors and UK tournaments. Really like the combination of Ewen and Rich Beem who has been a revelation over the past few years. Can do without Mark Roe - he gets worse and worse
    Pretty much established that Dougherty is taking the Livingstone role on bigger events with Rob Lee taking the lesser events.
    As Sky are losing more and more sports bar PL football and F1 then they are going all in on golf as in the UK golfers are right in the demographic that can still afford a subscription - that means more original content and coverage on the PGA tour.

    Kind of split of sky golf - I like it but its got hugely pompous ( especially the US network style event music) and they do recycle a lot in the run up to a major tournamnet so they spend Monday-Wednesday repeating themselves.

    Posted:
  • KaTooMKaTooM Woodway, TexasMembers  1458WRX Points: 181Posts: 1,458 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Jul 18, 2019 #12

    On -, @musclefront said:

    Case in point. Rich Lerner asking Dustin Johnson about a South Carolina basketball player he’s never seen play. Seriously? Just have DJ hit drivers and ask him about that.

    I'm not defending Lerner but the BB player was DJ's grandfather...so it was a valid question.

    Posted:
    Post edited by KaTooM on
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • NoodleSaladNoodleSalad Members  189WRX Points: 99Posts: 189 Fairways
    Joined:  #13

    Why does Sky outsource some of their programming to Viasat which has Swedish announcers? This is not the coverage piraters like me expect and demand.

    Posted:
  • Bingo1976Bingo1976 Members  2603WRX Points: 302Handicap: 6.8Posts: 2,603 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #14

    On -, @musclefront said:

    Watching this makes me want all sky sports and no golf channel. So much better!! Guess I have to move to Europe?

    Or get a VPN and a NowTV subscription...

    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Matrix Ozik R[/font]
    [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]HiRev[/font]
    [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/font]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.