Abuse Reactions

mitman25 ·  
mitman25mitman25 Ocala, FL Members  72WRX Points: 51Handicap: 3Posts: 72 Bunkers

I see I have 5 of them. What do those even mean?

Posted:

Comments

• Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21461WRX Points: 5,423Posts: 21,461 ClubWRX

LOL, I have 6! I win.

Early days of the changeover some folks discovered the new and unnecessary abuse button and got a few licks in because the equally new and unnecessary dislike button probably wasn't enough and thought they'd "send you a message" more than anything. The abuse reports I was able to figure out (because they were anonymous, lol, were just trivial stuff). Simply reporting takes care of any issues, always has.

Don't sweat it!

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mitman25mitman25 Ocala, FL Members  72WRX Points: 51Handicap: 3Posts: 72 Bunkers

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense one was on an offer someone didnt accept.

Posted:
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 MaineMembers  20334WRX Points: 903Posts: 20,334 Titanium Tees

On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

LOL, I have 6! I win.

Early days of the changeover some folks discovered the new and unnecessary abuse button and got a few licks in because the equally new and unnecessary dislike button probably wasn't enough and thought they'd "send you a message" more than anything. The abuse reports I was able to figure out (because they were anonymous, lol, were just trivial stuff). Simply reporting takes care of any issues, always has.

Don't sweat it!

We're in a playoff, Hawk.

Posted:

• augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers  3966WRX Points: 280Posts: 3,966 Titanium Tees

Give me 2 a side, and I'm in

Posted:
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers  8157WRX Points: 1,382Handicap: +1.5 (1194646)Posts: 8,157 Titanium Tees

On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

LOL, I have 6! I win.

Don't sweat it!

i have 30...yes, 30. can't even see why i have them too. no notices or anything saying what it was in reference to...

don't know what it means but, i asked about it and was told it would go away but, still hasn't.

Posted:

Tour M3 460 / 10.1* (set -2*) / RIPx 65TX tipped 2" playing 44.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"
    SC Futura X Broomstick Putter experiment

On -, @MadGolfer76 said:

On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

LOL, I have 6! I win.

Don't sweat it!

We're in a playoff, Hawk.

LOL, been on vacation and posted a bit while gone but haven't checked my profile - I think I've picked up 2 in just a couple days, lol. I know I was a little grumpy, but some folks forgot the big boy pants I guess.

Edit: HaHa - found 'em and as suspected just one of those don't call me out while I'm trolling a thread types. Still kind of grumpy after not much sleep getting home, I might get from 8 to 30 by the end of the day!

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @Redjeep83 said:

I got a spam flag for talking about angle of attack with 3 wood, lol

Well hitting down 2.8 while attacking some slow player will get you that! ;-)

Posted:
  • tatertottatertot Members  4612WRX Points: 923Posts: 4,612 Titanium Tees

I only have 16 ... I'm pleasantly surprised.

Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Ping Mascot
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25403WRX Points: 2,560Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,403 ClubWRX

On -, @tatertot said:

I only have 16 ... I'm pleasantly surprised.

And considering some of the PM's I receive about sucking as a human being, I'm disappointed to have a big goose egg. Gotta try harder I guess.

Posted:
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25403WRX Points: 2,560Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,403 ClubWRX

Hey Hawkeye...how's this for abuse???

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members  5995WRX Points: 580Posts: 5,995 Titanium Tees

You can’t see who gives them, right? I got a couple in past few posts for no reason, time to get moderator involved because it’s silly.

Posted:
  • FadeFade Members  1343WRX Points: 248Posts: 1,343 Platinum Tees

I will take some abuse if it gets me another badge!

Posted:
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members  5995WRX Points: 580Posts: 5,995 Titanium Tees

btw- you can click report on the post that gets the flags and mod's will clean it up and take care of the trolling flagger. That's what I was instructed to do by moderator.

Posted:
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers  8157WRX Points: 1,382Handicap: +1.5 (1194646)Posts: 8,157 Titanium Tees

On -, @Redjeep83 said:

btw- you can click report on the post that gets the flags and mod's will clean it up and take care of the trolling flagger. That's what I was instructed to do by moderator.

And what if u have abuse with no posts or threads supporting them? Ie my abuse points....

Posted:

Tour M3 460 / 10.1* (set -2*) / RIPx 65TX tipped 2" playing 44.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"
    SC Futura X Broomstick Putter experiment

• NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members  19535WRX Points: 1,615Posts: 19,535 Titanium Tees

Didn't even know this was a thing. Hum. Does this show up after someone clicks "Flag"?
    They got rid of the thumbs down toggle a while back which seems like a smart move. Maybe abuse will be next?

Posted:
    Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Rogue Black 70S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S
    Ping Glide 55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
    Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"

Advertisement
  • GeorgeHWBGeorgeHWB Members  2024WRX Points: 1,439Posts: 2,024 Platinum Tees

Why do you guys worry about this? Someone can flag you all day long for abuse and it means nothing. If you've actually done something wrong you will get a notice from a moderator. Until then the abuse flaggers are wasting their time.

Posted:
  • mukstermukster A lot can happen in a year. North of the 49thMembers  3726WRX Points: 482Posts: 3,726 Titanium Tees

On -, @Im_A_Savage said:

Why do you guys worry about this? Someone can flag you all day long for abuse and it means nothing. If you've actually done something wrong you will get a notice from a moderator. Until then the abuse flaggers are wasting their time.

If so, they should simply get rid of the flag function.

Posted:
    Callaway XR16 driver, 9 degrees, Diamana S+ shaft
    Callaway Epic 3 Wood , Fubuki Z65 shaft
    Mizuno ST180 5 wood,  Tensei CK Blue shaft
    Cobra F8 22* hybrid
    Srixon Z765 5-PW irons
    , KBS Tour V shafts
    Srixon A wedge 51° bent to 50°
    Hogan Equalizer 54* wedge
    Mizuno S18 58* wedge
    Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter
  • FergusonFerguson Members  5868WRX Points: 3,293Handicap: 7.0Posts: 5,868 Titanium Tees

On -, @gioguy21 said:

On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

LOL, I have 6! I win.

Don't sweat it!

i have 30...yes, 30. can't even see why i have them too. no notices or anything saying what it was in reference to...

don't know what it means but, i asked about it and was told it would go away but, still hasn't.

1. 300 for my Phil posts, 60 for my "keep your right arm straight" advice and 5 for my Jo-Ann Fabrics thread.

Posted:

On -, @DavePelz4 said:

Hey Hawkeye...how's this for abuse???

LOL, can't believe I didn't see that until today! Not going to flag you though, sorry!

Posted:

On -, @mukster said:

On -, @Im_A_Savage said:

If so, they should simply get rid of the flag function.

The "abuse" flag really is pointless. Just have things reported as has always been the case, IMO, and from previous posts months ago it really didn't sound like it was helping moderators to have the "abuse" option for purposes of moderation AND posts flagged as "abuse" which usually really aren't abusive at all by and large haven't been deleted which suggests the "abuse" tag was unnecessary. IMO if you want to let people tag someone for "abuse" whatever that means in this day and age and normal reporting isn't enough, then remove the anonymity from the abuse postings.

Posted:

Advertisement

LOL, Tiger/steroids troll thread started, eventually and predictably locked up but I get an anonymous "abuse" for "Go Away", which was pretty much on point, lol. It really is pointless.

Report or don't report, this "abuse" thing really serves no purpose.

Posted:
  • MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 MaineMembers  20334WRX Points: 903Posts: 20,334 Titanium Tees

On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

LOL, Tiger/steroids troll thread started, eventually and predictably locked up but I get an anonymous "abuse" for "Go Away", which was pretty much on point, lol. It really is pointless.

How did you get another of those? Is it still coming in through the "flag" button? If so...lame.

Posted:

On -, @MadGolfer76 said:

On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

How did you get another of those? Is it still coming in through the "flag" button? If so...lame.

LOL, yep. Suddenly I had 10! Clicked on it and my post was simply "GO AWAY!", haha. I guess the OP was particularly threatened, intimidated and . . . . . . abused by those words! It's really lame IMO, but some folks think they are sticking it to you. I'm more amused than anything - silly, but also unnecessary to have 2 levels of reporting in addition to simply reporting.

Posted:

On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

On -, @MadGolfer76 said:

On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

LOL, yep. Suddenly I had 10! Clicked on it and my post was simply "GO AWAY!", haha. I guess the OP was particularly threatened, intimidated and . . . . . . abused by those words! It's really lame IMO, but some folks think they are sticking it to you. I'm more amused than anything - silly, but also unnecessary to have 2 levels of reporting in addition to simply reporting.

They took out a post I made with an objection to the "stars of doom." No wonder there are so few long time members left. Wonder where Sean2 ended up...

Posted:

LOL, asked the age old answer "why" - abuse!

Kind of like in the original Miracle on 34th Street - don't want to challenge someone's delusion.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members  2656WRX Points: 523Handicap: 11Posts: 2,656 Titanium Tees

I'm scared to look........I'm kind of snarky.

Posted:
    • Tommy Armor Atomic 10.5*
    • Adams Speedline 5w
    • Callaway BB 7h
    • Snake Eyes 600C 8- SW*
    • Odyssey VLine
    Posted:
  • sdandreasdandrea Steve Members  2656WRX Points: 523Handicap: 11Posts: 2,656 Titanium Tees

I looked.......I have zero abuse points. I need to step up my game.

Posted:
    • Tommy Armor Atomic 10.5*
    • Adams Speedline 5w
    • Callaway BB 7h
    • Snake Eyes 600C 8- SW*
    • Odyssey VLine

Advertisement

LOL, I've picked up two for posts that are absolute nothings the past couple of days. Have some serious chickens at work.

I still think it's unnecessary, report or don't report, but if folks get to tag something "abuse" (which has a pretty specific connotation) then let's make sure we can know who did it. Not really any accountability there for the button pushers.

Posted:
    Post edited by Buzzkill on

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.