GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Roll call for Worlds at Pinehurst in 2 weeks

 Golfingdawg19 ·  
Golfingdawg19Golfingdawg19 Members  493WRX Points: 219Posts: 493 Greens
Joined:  in Juniors/College Golf Talk #1

I will be there with my 11 year old daughter. We are playing number 6. This will be our first time going. I’ve heard that kids exchange things with each other at the parade and with their playing partners. Is this legit and if so, what is it that I need to get. With that many families in one place, it has to be a nightmare to get into restaurants each night. What is everyone’s experience with that?

Posted:
«134
4

Comments

  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX  9400WRX Points: 884Handicap: 4-20Posts: 9,400 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #2

    Did it once and probably will never go back. Great to experience at least once. Do a search there is a lot of info. Some restaurants are more crowded than others but never had an issue waiting much.

    Best of luck

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • hangontighthangontight Members  758WRX Points: 211Posts: 758 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Jul 19, 2019 #3

    We’ll be there again. We are only a few hours away. In our experience Restaurant waits are not as bad you may think. There are many options . Just maybe call ahead that day or before for reservations just in case. We did the parade one year and my son says he is done with that , haha. It was hot (obviously ) and slow to start- too much waiting around that year at least. He was younger too so maybe we will try again another year if he gets back. We’ve never traded anything at the actual tmnt rounds and cannot recall seeing others who have done that either...but maybe just missed it . Love the afternoon pool time if you are staying in a hotel. Great to see the kids unwind from the grind and make new and see old buddies from around the country /world. All having a blast regardless of their score that day.

    Posted:
  • leezer99leezer99 Boy - 2026 Members  1884WRX Points: 1,215Handicap: A BillionPosts: 1,884 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #4

    On -, @JuniorGolfParent said:

    We are playing for first time, Boys 11
    Can't wait!

    Will Dunham get his 6th consecutive?

    Posted:

    There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX  9400WRX Points: 884Handicap: 4-20Posts: 9,400 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #5

    On -, @leezer99 said:

    On -, @JuniorGolfParent said:

    We are playing for first time, Boys 11
    Can't wait!

    Will Dunham get his 6th consecutive?

    With his distance and record, I wouldn't bet against it.

    Posted:
  • heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members  3870WRX Points: 1,175Posts: 3,870 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #6

    On -, @kekoa said:

    On -, @leezer99 said:

    On -, @JuniorGolfParent said:

    We are playing for first time, Boys 11
    Can't wait!

    Will Dunham get his 6th consecutive?

    With his distance and record, I wouldn't bet against it.

    Yep. He is 11 and hits it as far as 14 year olds. Has a distinct advantage over 3/4 of the field.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Golfingdawg19Golfingdawg19 Members  493WRX Points: 219Posts: 493 Greens
    Joined:  #8

    If anybody need a place for Worlds, I’ve got a buddy who just called and said he can’t go. He has a 2BR-2.5BA house on course number for 3 for rent. Just send me a message if you know anybody who is interested.

    Posted:
  • thekingsollythekingsolly Members  199WRX Points: 96Posts: 199 Fairways
    Joined:  #9

    OMG Phil Dunham !!! Wow, I thought Sihan was good.

    Posted:
    M1 Tour AD GP 6s
    Bio Cell+ 3 W Red Tie
    Adams OS 3 4 Hybrid
    Mizuno MP H5 5 - PW
    Miura Tournament 50 55 60
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • frankiefrankie Members  233WRX Points: 86Posts: 233 Fairways
    Joined:  #10

    On -, @Golfingdawg19 said:

    I will be there with my 11 year old daughter. We are playing number 6. This will be our first time going. I’ve heard that kids exchange things with each other at the parade and with their playing partners. Is this legit and if so, what is it that I need to get. With that many families in one place, it has to be a nightmare to get into restaurants each night. What is everyone’s experience with that?

    This will be our second year girls 10, last year we exchanged pins, ball markers, small items that represent where the kids are from. Alot of kids have lanyards to hold the pins on. Different have too much trouble for restaurants while we were there. I think the only time maybe right after the parade if you try to get dinner in town.

    Posted:
  • DaddyCaddieIUDaddyCaddieIU Members  86WRX Points: 41Posts: 86 Fairways
    Joined:  #11

    Going for 1st time in girls 7 division! Excited to see where she stacks up in a few aspects of her game and hopefully make some golf friends to stay in touch with. Hoping to sneak away from family and play Tobacco Road!

    Posted:
  • GoDeacsGoDeacs Members  18WRX Points: 7Posts: 18 Bunkers
    Joined:  #12

    Going for the first time in girls 7 division as well. Have no idea what to expect.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • darter79darter79 Members  897WRX Points: 315Posts: 897 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #13

    On -, @DaddyCaddieIU said:

    Going for 1st time in girls 7 division! Excited to see where she stacks up in a few aspects of her game and hopefully make some golf friends to stay in touch with. Hoping to sneak away from family and play Tobacco Road!

    hopeful the insights help you out!

    Posted:
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX  9400WRX Points: 884Handicap: 4-20Posts: 9,400 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #14

    best of luck to all those playing.

    I hope to have my son play in 2021 and 2022 when he is 11 and 12, respectively.

    Posted:
  • Golfingdawg19Golfingdawg19 Members  493WRX Points: 219Posts: 493 Greens
    Joined:  #15

    Played a practice round today at number 6. They punched the greens 10 days ago and they still aren’t close to being right. Bumps and sand everywhere.

    Posted:
  • leezer99leezer99 Boy - 2026 Members  1884WRX Points: 1,215Handicap: A BillionPosts: 1,884 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #16

    On -, @Golfingdawg19 said:

    Played a practice round today at number 6. They punched the greens 10 days ago and they still aren’t close to being right. Bumps and sand everywhere.

    That makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would they schedule aeration during a huge tournament like that?

    Posted:

    There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

  • Golfingdawg19Golfingdawg19 Members  493WRX Points: 219Posts: 493 Greens
    Joined:  #17

    On -, @leezer99 said:

    On -, @Golfingdawg19 said:

    Played a practice round today at number 6. They punched the greens 10 days ago and they still aren’t close to being right. Bumps and sand everywhere.

    That makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would they schedule aeration during a huge tournament like that?

    The guy in the pro shop told me that the maintenance things are scheduled up to 2 years in advance. They don’t change based on one tournament. US Kids knew the maintenance schedule when they booked it. He said normally the greens would have recovered quicker but they haven’t gotten much rain so that has slowed the progress down.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat Sunflower Members  1284WRX Points: 680Posts: 1,284 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #18

    On -, @Golfingdawg19 said:

    On -, @leezer99 said:

    On -, @Golfingdawg19 said:

    Played a practice round today at number 6. They punched the greens 10 days ago and they still aren’t close to being right. Bumps and sand everywhere.

    That makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would they schedule aeration during a huge tournament like that?

    The guy in the pro shop told me that the maintenance things are scheduled up to 2 years in advance. They don’t change based on one tournament. US Kids knew the maintenance schedule when they booked it. He said normally the greens would have recovered quicker but they haven’t gotten much rain so that has slowed the progress down.

    USKG Worlds has been practically the same dates for years if I recall. That's a pretty big fail on USKG's part if they missed something like that in a contract.

    Posted:

    -- Just tap it in. Just tap it in. Give it a little tappy tap tap taparoo. --

  • heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members  3870WRX Points: 1,175Posts: 3,870 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #19

    On -, @leezer99 said:

    On -, @Golfingdawg19 said:

    Played a practice round today at number 6. They punched the greens 10 days ago and they still aren’t close to being right. Bumps and sand everywhere.

    That makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would they schedule aeration during a huge tournament like that?

    It is like this every year for World's. When my kid played 12 year old world they used numbers 8 and 6. 6 were punched.

    Posted:
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX  9400WRX Points: 884Handicap: 4-20Posts: 9,400 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #20

    Has anyone noticed that the Asian representation has gone down noticeably this year? There has to be a reason, but I can't put my finger on it. The two time winner from Japan isn't there, but played IMG. Top Chinese players at IMG aren't at worlds and the Thai representation has gone down as well. If they would have told me all this, I'd be there this year. lol!!

    Posted:
  • leezer99leezer99 Boy - 2026 Members  1884WRX Points: 1,215Handicap: A BillionPosts: 1,884 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #21

    On -, @kekoa said:

    Has anyone noticed that the Asian representation has gone down noticeably this year? There has to be a reason, but I can't put my finger on it. The two time winner from Japan isn't there, but played IMG. Top Chinese players at IMG aren't at worlds and the Thai representation has gone down as well. If they would have told me all this, I'd be there this year. lol!!

    Are you looking at your age group or across the board? I think the international contingent withers as the kids get older.

    Posted:

    There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX  9400WRX Points: 884Handicap: 4-20Posts: 9,400 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #22

    On -, @leezer99 said:

    On -, @kekoa said:

    Has anyone noticed that the Asian representation has gone down noticeably this year? There has to be a reason, but I can't put my finger on it. The two time winner from Japan isn't there, but played IMG. Top Chinese players at IMG aren't at worlds and the Thai representation has gone down as well. If they would have told me all this, I'd be there this year. lol!!

    Are you looking at your age group or across the board? I think the international contingent withers as the kids get older.

    Yah, I was looking at the younger divisions. Good observation.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members  3870WRX Points: 1,175Posts: 3,870 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Jul 30, 2019 #23

    On -, @leezer99 said:

    On -, @kekoa said:

    Has anyone noticed that the Asian representation has gone down noticeably this year? There has to be a reason, but I can't put my finger on it. The two time winner from Japan isn't there, but played IMG. Top Chinese players at IMG aren't at worlds and the Thai representation has gone down as well. If they would have told me all this, I'd be there this year. lol!!

    Are you looking at your age group or across the board? I think the international contingent withers as the kids get older.

    You can get away with putting a 12 year old into the 9 year old division. A 15 year old with a beard in the 12 year old division doesn't work.

    Posted:
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX  9400WRX Points: 884Handicap: 4-20Posts: 9,400 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #24

    On -, @heavy_hitter said:

    On -, @leezer99 said:

    On -, @kekoa said:

    Has anyone noticed that the Asian representation has gone down noticeably this year? There has to be a reason, but I can't put my finger on it. The two time winner from Japan isn't there, but played IMG. Top Chinese players at IMG aren't at worlds and the Thai representation has gone down as well. If they would have told me all this, I'd be there this year. lol!!

    Are you looking at your age group or across the board? I think the international contingent withers as the kids get older.

    You can get away with putting a 12 year old into the 9 year old division. A 15 year old with a beard in the 12 year old division doesn't work.

    LMAO #Truth

    Posted:
  • heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members  3870WRX Points: 1,175Posts: 3,870 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #25

    On -, @kekoa said:

    On -, @heavy_hitter said:

    On -, @leezer99 said:

    On -, @kekoa said:

    Has anyone noticed that the Asian representation has gone down noticeably this year? There has to be a reason, but I can't put my finger on it. The two time winner from Japan isn't there, but played IMG. Top Chinese players at IMG aren't at worlds and the Thai representation has gone down as well. If they would have told me all this, I'd be there this year. lol!!

    Are you looking at your age group or across the board? I think the international contingent withers as the kids get older.

    You can get away with putting a 12 year old into the 9 year old division. A 15 year old with a beard in the 12 year old division doesn't work.

    LMAO #Truth

    It is funny when you go to these big time events. Mom is 4'7", Dad is 4'10", then junior is 6'4".

    Posted:
  • leezer99leezer99 Boy - 2026 Members  1884WRX Points: 1,215Handicap: A BillionPosts: 1,884 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #26

    On -, @heavy_hitter said:

    On -, @kekoa said:

    On -, @heavy_hitter said:

    On -, @leezer99 said:

    On -, @kekoa said:

    Has anyone noticed that the Asian representation has gone down noticeably this year? There has to be a reason, but I can't put my finger on it. The two time winner from Japan isn't there, but played IMG. Top Chinese players at IMG aren't at worlds and the Thai representation has gone down as well. If they would have told me all this, I'd be there this year. lol!!

    Are you looking at your age group or across the board? I think the international contingent withers as the kids get older.

    You can get away with putting a 12 year old into the 9 year old division. A 15 year old with a beard in the 12 year old division doesn't work.

    LMAO #Truth

    It is funny when you go to these big time events. Mom is 4'7", Dad is 4'10", then junior is 6'4".

    This has a lot to do with nutrition. There are a lot of first generation immigrants that come from predominantly Asian and African countries that were raised on low protein diets or diets lacking in certain vitamins and minerals. Once their kids are born here in the US and are eating higher protein / better balanced meals their natural genes will kick in and they will usually be taller than their parents. Doesn't happen in all cases but more often than not.

    Posted:

    There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • mrshinsamrshinsa Members  297WRX Points: 138Posts: 297 Greens
    Joined:  #28

    Parade was awesome. Everyone in our family had a great time. My son passed out our state pins to other juniors.

    Posted:
  • Golfingdawg19Golfingdawg19 Members  493WRX Points: 219Posts: 493 Greens
    Joined:  #29

    My daughter loved the parade as well. We got bags of peanuts from our state capital to hand out to the kids. She got back all kinds of pens and other trinkets from the different states and countries.

    Posted:
4

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.