***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***

Update 8/14 - ***Migration work continues. Estimate Go Live to new board 8/17***

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Roll call for Worlds at Pinehurst in 2 weeks

Comments

• MakersMarsh3MakersMarsh3 TX/CAMembers  1728WRX Points: 305Posts: 1,728 Platinum Tees

On -, @kekoa said:

I sure hope everyone else brought their trackman.

Thank you so much for sharing this

Posted:
    lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat Sunflower Members  1301WRX Points: 685Posts: 1,301 Platinum Tees

I see some age groups didn't finish their rounds. Example: Some boys 9 didn't finish their 18 holes including a group that had a scheduled tee time of 12:58pm (and all groups after that)? Did it rain late in the day?

Edit: Ignore. Saw that they had thunderstorm warnings roll through.

Posted:

-- Just tap it in. Just tap it in. Give it a little tappy tap tap taparoo. --

• hangontighthangontight Members  791WRX Points: 247Posts: 791 Golden Tee

On -, @kekoa said:

Looks like bad weather tomorrow. Hopefully not a repeat of last year.

On -, @kekoa said:

On -, @kekoa said:

DONT SAY THAT! Ha. Things went well at Mid Pines Yesterday for boys 7 and 8. Finding the back nine significantly harder than front 9. 29 on front still very impressive, front 9 is still no cake walk. Love the course , it really separates the ball strikers...it’s hard to get away with running it up here. Fairways are in pretty bad shape, but greens are good. So far so good with tmnt operations. We were third to last tee time yesterday and went off just a few minutes late...was expecting much worse but the starter was all business , which is appreciated. Round was slow though, waited EVERY single shot...which I have come to expect here as everyone is grinding hard. Look forward to this afternoon.

Posted:
  • leezer99leezer99 Boy - 2026 Members  1919WRX Points: 1,305Handicap: A BillionPosts: 1,919 Platinum Tees

On -, @hangontight said:

Round was slow though, waited EVERY single shot...which I have come to expect here as everyone is grinding hard.

This is my nightmare.

Posted:

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

• tiger1873tiger1873 Members  1632WRX Points: 422Posts: 1,632 Platinum Tees

On -, @wildcatden said:

I see some age groups didn't finish their rounds. Example: Some boys 9 didn't finish their 18 holes including a group that had a scheduled tee time of 12:58pm (and all groups after that)? Did it rain late in the day?

It are looks like weather may have really hindered the first round. Looking at the results it seems like some had it a lot rougher who played later in the day. I am not there but looking at the scores it looked like early on the conditions were great but turned really bad in the afternoon and scores show it.

Posted:
  • heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members  3908WRX Points: 1,276Posts: 3,908 Titanium Tees

On -, @tiger1873 said:

On -, @wildcatden said:

It are looks like weather may have really hindered the first round. Looking at the results it seems like some had it a lot rougher who played later in the day. I am not there but looking at the scores it looked like early on the conditions were great but turned really bad in the afternoon and scores show it.

And US Kids screwed the fields over again. You would think that who played in the afternoon and dealt with storms would've played in the morning today to avoid them. Nope. They didn't reverse the tee times at all.

I like US Kids, but some of the things they do are head scratchers. Tournaments when you compare them to other organizations are really expensive for what you get.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • leezer99leezer99 Boy - 2026 Members  1919WRX Points: 1,305Handicap: A BillionPosts: 1,919 Platinum Tees

On -, @heavy_hitter said:

On -, @tiger1873 said:

On -, @wildcatden said:

And US Kids screwed the fields over again. You would think that who played in the afternoon and dealt with storms would've played in the morning today to avoid them. Nope. They didn't reverse the tee times at all.

I like US Kids, but some of the things they do are head scratchers. Tournaments when you compare them to other organizations are really expensive for what you get.

I thought they just rearranged tee times based on place. No?

Posted:

• wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat Sunflower Members  1301WRX Points: 685Posts: 1,301 Platinum Tees

On -, @leezer99 said:

On -, @tiger1873 said:

On -, @wildcatden said:

Looks like they are not doing that for age groups that didn't finish yesterday.

https://www.uskidsgolf.com/sites/default/files/wc_weather_notes_3.pdf

Posted:

• heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members  3908WRX Points: 1,276Posts: 3,908 Titanium Tees

On -, @leezer99 said:

On -, @tiger1873 said:

On -, @wildcatden said:

GolfDawg texted me that they go off about the same time today in Girl's 11. In fact, I think they go off later and they had a 12 something tee time yesterday. Haven't talked to Darter yet.

Posted:

On -, @leezer99 said:

On -, @tiger1873 said:

On -, @wildcatden said:

GolfDawg texted me that they go off about the same time today in Girl's 11. In fact, I think they go off later and they had a 12 something tee time yesterday. Haven't talked to Darter yet.

https://www.uskidsgolf.com/sites/default/files/wc_weather_notes_3.pdf

For Boys 9 & 12 and Girls 10 & 12, it states "Round 2 will begin at 8:00 a.m. with the same pairings as Round 1. Round 2 Tee Times are posted online"

Posted:

• kekoakekoa ClubWRX  9411WRX Points: 896Handicap: 4-20Posts: 9,411 ClubWRX

Thunderstorms expected after 5pm. Hopefully USkids doesn't go and start cancelling rounds again.

Posted:

Advertisement

Saturday doesn't look any better.

Posted:

• mrshinsamrshinsa Members  309WRX Points: 154Posts: 309 Greens

Boys 12 who teeed off late first day did not get to finish. They had to wake up early today to finish their round, and then come back later in the day to start their round for the day, with same late tee time as yesterday.

I'd rather have the first round cancelled and sleep in...

Posted:
  • hangontighthangontight Members  791WRX Points: 247Posts: 791 Golden Tee

We had an afternoon tee time today, storms forecasted, but never saw the first dark cloud. More storms forecasted for tomorrow, we’ll see. Remember this is east coast and in the south (ish) afternoon T -storms are expected almost daily. Those in Florida and coastal GA & Carolinas can almost count on it. It’s not all all uncommon for forcast to be way off from what actually happens (like today- not a drop). Just part of living in this region this time of year. Best of luck on R3 to all playing!

Posted:

On -, @AUSweeper said:

Saw them at a regional maybe 2 years ago now. They had it plastered on the back window of their SUV that he was the world champion. Then played a practice round in the group behind them. Busy course, they are playing 4 balls and backing everything up. They don’t come across as the types that actually have fun out there, was more of a job. That was the impression I got anyway.

This...

Posted:

On -, @mrshinsa said:

On -, @AUSweeper said:

Saw them at a regional maybe 2 years ago now. They had it plastered on the back window of their SUV that he was the world champion. Then played a practice round in the group behind them. Busy course, they are playing 4 balls and backing everything up. They don’t come across as the types that actually have fun out there, was more of a job. That was the impression I got anyway.

This...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B0riy7NFiMf/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Posted:

Advertisement

If I see one more IG post of someone at US Kids Worlds saying, "not the results we wanted but..." I'm going to puke.

Posted:

On -, @leezer99 said:

If I see one more IG post of someone at US Kids Worlds saying, "not the results we wanted but..." I'm going to puke.

Lmao most guys come in and list 38 excuses of why their kid didnt play well. I cant stand that ****. Post a score and move on. Or like Tiger told Webb Simpson- ‘just play better’

Posted:
  • Kcct82Kcct82 Members  344WRX Points: 230Posts: 344 Greens

So did the trackman kid win this year or what?

Posted:

On -, @Kcct82 said:

Nope. Prolly at home getting punished for it.

Posted:

What would cause someone to become INELIGIBLE after three rounds of championship golf?

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @kekoa said:

On -, @Kcct82 said:

Lol, thanks for the info. Parents should understand that winning depends on many other factors and most are not controllable.

Posted:

On -, @Kcct82 said:

On -, @kekoa said:

On -, @Kcct82 said:

Lol, thanks for the info. Parents should understand that winning depends on many other factors and most are not controllable.

It's all about SPIN selling... expect a post saying, "#1 American Junior Golfer at US Kids Worlds".

Posted:

On -, @leezer99 said:

On -, @Kcct82 said:

On -, @kekoa said:

On -, @Kcct82 said:

It's all about SPIN selling... expect a post saying, "#1 American Junior Golfer at US Kids Worlds".

What’s there to sell? My kid happens to be #1 American Junior Golfer at IMG Junior World. Let me know so I can keep my cost down LOL.

Posted:
  • yellowlover519yellowlover519 Members  433WRX Points: 179Posts: 433 Greens

Yes >

On -, @mrshinsa said:

What would cause someone to become INELIGIBLE after three rounds of championship golf?

Curious what happened here as well. Have known the kid since he’s been 6 and has finished well at World’s every year. Great player. What does INELIGIBLE mean for a tourney round that’s completed?

Posted:

Where are u guys seeing this?

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @yellowlover519 said:

Yes >
    On -, @mrshinsa said:

Curious what happened here as well. Have known the kid since he’s been 6 and has finished well at World’s every year. Great player. What does INELIGIBLE mean for a tourney round that’s completed?

Their check bounced?

Posted:

On -, @kekoa said:

Boys 11, all the way at the bottom. Kid shot a 3 day total of 216 (T12) but it says INELIGIBLE

Posted:

• tiger1873tiger1873 Members  1632WRX Points: 422Posts: 1,632 Platinum Tees

On -, @leezer99 said:

On -, @kekoa said:

Boys 11, all the way at the bottom. Kid shot a 3 day total of 216 (T12) but it says INELIGIBLE

I am just speculating but it sounds like maybe birth certificate may been an issue. Anything else should have said DQ?

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.