Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Xander Schauffele's Callaway Driver Failed COR Test

18910111214»

Comments

• buckeyeflbuckeyefl Members Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Llortamaisey said:
    I’ve heard a lot of people say this is terrible for Callaway, however, I talked to a buddy who owns a local shop, and he said that he has had an uptick in Callaway driver sales in the last 10 days. Obviously it’s a small sample size, and he said that correlation doesn’t equal causation but that a lot of people have been talking about the Xander story when they come through. It will be interesting to see if/how this affects Callaway’s sales at point of purchase going forward.

Golfers are suckers so it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Genius move by Callaway? Sorry **** Bobby tried it after the fact. A day late and a dollar short.> @Titletown said:

@I_HATE_SNOW said:

@Llortamaisey said:
    I’ve heard a lot of people say this is terrible for Callaway, however, I talked to a buddy who owns a local shop, and he said that he has had an uptick in Callaway driver sales in the last 10 days. Obviously it’s a small sample size, and he said that correlation doesn’t equal causation but that a lot of people have been talking about the Xander story when they come through. It will be interesting to see if/how this affects Callaway’s sales at point of purchase going forward.

I've been saying this since it came out.

these poor people. one day they will learn that the callaway drivers the tour guys play are nothing like the drivers sold at retail.

Of course. Tour heads are filled with unicorn farts which is how they hit it so far. If I could get my hands on one of those I would be in tour.

• ShilgyShilgy PhoenixMembers Posts: 11,849 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@buckeyefl said:

@Llortamaisey said:

Golfers are suckers so it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Genius move by Callaway? Sorry **** Bobby tried it after the fact. A day late and a dollar short.> @Titletown said:

@I_HATE_SNOW said:

@Llortamaisey said:

I've been saying this since it came out.

these poor people. one day they will learn that the callaway drivers the tour guys play are nothing like the drivers sold at retail.

Of course. Tour heads are filled with unicorn farts which is how they hit it so far. If I could get my hands on one of those I would be in tour.

Oh c'mon now, get real. If you didn't get the special tour sauce Pro V dot dot plus plus that flies further and straighter than retail you'd still have no shot.

WITB
    Tools for the job!

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened . :)

Game is recovering from total ankle replacement. Getting there and glad to be pain free!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file