GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Love Twilight Golf

Comments

• weavej1weavej1 Members  152WRX Points: 159Posts: 152 Fairways

When we were kids.....we would love to be bringing it home in almost too dark to be out there darkness....standing on the tee box shushing so we could hear where it was landing.

Posted:
    Wishon 10.5 919 driver
    Pure fit Raw ID 4 wood
    Ping rapture 21 degree
    4-9 ping zing with aerotech regular
    50;54;58 ping tour wedges
    Ping Pal putter
    Ping moonlite bag
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • bazinkybazinky Members  1740WRX Points: 223Posts: 1,740 Platinum Tees

Twilight golf is a great stress reliever. Used to do it a ton in grad school and before I was married/had kids. Really helps to clear your mind, especially when walking. Sadly, I won't get to do it much until my daughter gets older ...

Posted:
    Taylormade SIM Max 9 - Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70 S
    Titleist 917 F2 16.5 at C1 (15.75) - MRC D+ Limited 80 S
    Callaway X2Hot Pro 20 - Aldila Tour Green 75 S
    Callaway X2Hot Pro 23 - Aldila Tour Green 75 S 
    Ping i20 4i-PW - KBS Tour S - Yellow Dot
    Ping Glide 2.0  52 SS - AWT 2.0 S - VBack Dot
    Ping Glide 2.0  58 ES - AWT 2.0  S - Black Dot
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red Half-Sightline - 35"
  • platgofplatgof platgof ClubWRX  2090WRX Points: 307Handicap: 17Posts: 2,090 ClubWRX

Went out today and the course was nearly empty, awesome. We had a blast and saw a lot of couples out playing. Did nine in just over an hour, can't beat that.

Posted:

Ping GMax 10.5
    Cobra F9 5 & 7 Wd
    Callaway OS 5 & 6 Hybrid
    Cobra F9 6-PW
    Ping Glide 50* AW
    SM7 56 F & 58* D
    Toulon Columbus
    Truvis/B RX
    Garmin S20
    Clubs this week

• buckets on bucketsbuckets on buckets Members  79WRX Points: 32Handicap: 2Posts: 79 Fairways

On -, @dayvei214 said:

Those are some great looking courses!
    Really can't beat twilight golf. But out here in NYC area it's sometime a 5 hr round,and rarely get to finish.

Bay Area is much the same even with twilight golf...still slow

Posted:
  • Edward_MajorwinEdward_Majorwin British ColumbiaMembers  343WRX Points: 323Handicap: 13Posts: 343 Greens

Had a great twilight round last night, found myself gazing around at the beauty more than once. Tee'd off just before 5 and got it all in just before full darkness arrived (with some speedy golf over the final three holes). By the end my legs were going dead after spending the day on my feet and lifting/stacking all sorts of heavy stuff at work. My mind was happy happy though!

Posted:

Right-handed Canadian golfer swinging left = bad idea!
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5°
    Cobra Speedzone 3H 19°
    Titleist AP2 718 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52° - SM7 56° - SM8 60°
    Odyssey Stroke Lab ONE
    Ball: Callaway Supersoft (yellow)
    Tees: Wood from endangered rainforests

• MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandUnregistered  2811WRX Points: 1,386Posts: 2,811 Titanium Tees

Increasingly, twilight is the only time I play. It's so peaceful, and the course takes on a beauty it doesn't have during the day.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • platgofplatgof platgof ClubWRX  2090WRX Points: 307Handicap: 17Posts: 2,090 ClubWRX

In the evening you have to watch out for deer coming down, but it is quite a site.

Posted:

Ping GMax 10.5
    Cobra F9 5 & 7 Wd
    Callaway OS 5 & 6 Hybrid
    Cobra F9 6-PW
    Ping Glide 50* AW
    SM7 56 F & 58* D
    Toulon Columbus
    Truvis/B RX
    Garmin S20
    Clubs this week

Posted:
    Post edited by platgof on

Ping GMax 10.5
    Cobra F9 5 & 7 Wd
    Callaway OS 5 & 6 Hybrid
    Cobra F9 6-PW
    Ping Glide 50* AW
    SM7 56 F & 58* D
    Toulon Columbus
    Truvis/B RX
    Garmin S20
    Clubs this week

That is Greystone Golf Course in Dickson, Tn.

Posted:
    Post edited by platgof on

Ping GMax 10.5
    Cobra F9 5 & 7 Wd
    Callaway OS 5 & 6 Hybrid
    Cobra F9 6-PW
    Ping Glide 50* AW
    SM7 56 F & 58* D
    Toulon Columbus
    Truvis/B RX
    Garmin S20
    Clubs this week

• BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members  1636WRX Points: 490Posts: 1,636 Platinum Tees

Yeah, it's great isn't it? I enjoy twilight golf a lot, also... Often, I end up with the course all to myself after dinner.

Posted:
    Ping GMax 400, Tour Stiff, 8*
    Mizuno Forged JPX 900 Irons
    A Couple of Ping Glide Wedges
    Ping Anser G Putter
    Ping G400 5-Wood
    Snell MTB-X
    Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA
  • tocinotocino Members  2399WRX Points: 150Posts: 2,399 Platinum Tees

It's $12 with cart after 6PM at one of my local courses. Even if i can't finish a 9-hole round, i'd still rather pay up for that then spend a little less for a large bucket at the range

Posted:

Advertisement
  • HondabuffHondabuff PAMembers  1561WRX Points: 151Handicap: 6Posts: 1,561 Platinum Tees

In high school and college we used to call this "Playing in the Golden Hour". Something about it just touches your soul. I can vividly remember a lot of rounds from the smell of the grass to the sounds of the pound fountains and even the temperature difference from the heat of the cart path to the coolness of the grass. Good Stuff for the body and spirit!

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 9.5* 6.0 Hzdrus Black Smoke 
    Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
    Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
    Titleist 716 AP2 Project X 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM4 50/54/58 Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
    Titleist Staff Stand Bag
    Titleist -ProV1x,
    Bushnell Tour Z6
  • Sleeky_DSleeky_D ClubWRX  106WRX Points: 28Handicap: 24Posts: 106 ClubWRX

These are some great pictures! I was paired up with random guys last time I played and they stated how they would never golf alone. I don't get it, golfing alone at twilight has to be one of my favorite things to do in the summer.

Posted:
  • Optimus-ParOptimus-Par Transform, and roll putts. Members  662WRX Points: 113Posts: 662 Golden Tee

Love playing in the evening, especially by myself. Only issue I have is when the tee shots are directly into the setting sun. Have to find my ball based on how it felt on the face.

Posted:
    / What's in my bag is more than meets the eye /
  • MullymanMullyman United StatesMembers  83WRX Points: 70Handicap: 21Posts: 83 Fairways

Big fan also, really enjoyed the company leagues after work. Only issue were the late afternoon thunderstorms that ended play.

Posted:
  • LittleDufferBoyLittleDufferBoy Members  13WRX Points: 10Posts: 13 Bunkers

$10 walk at my 9-hole muni after 4 p.m.

It's not a great course. But it scratches the itch and forces me to get better because it's very tree-lined and narrow.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • gatorgolfer86gatorgolfer86 Members  84WRX Points: 58Posts: 84 Fairways

I have always loved the twilight game. But in New Mexico they would turn on the sprinklers. It made no sense to me why they would water before dark and during the best time to play when it is so hot in the early afternoon.

Posted:
  • PulledabillPulledabill Members  460WRX Points: 72Handicap: 6Posts: 460 Greens

I play a ton of twilight as my course offers a twilight membership. It was $750, went to $800, and Im hearing a grand next year. Its all you can golf from 2pm on April through October then its noon til dark in the winter.
    I canhave the course to myself many nights.

Posted:
  • wombat_vortexwombat_vortex Members  205WRX Points: 66Posts: 205 Fairways

Always have played twilight for the better deals. I rarely play in the morning. I feel like golf is the highlight of the day. If you play in the morning and are done by noon, what else do you do for the rest of the day? I love playing til dark, then going to dinner, a nice shower, then bed.

Posted:

Played early yesterday and had wet, cut, grass, all over everything. I don't have that problem with twilight golf.

Posted:

Ping GMax 10.5
    Cobra F9 5 & 7 Wd
    Callaway OS 5 & 6 Hybrid
    Cobra F9 6-PW
    Ping Glide 50* AW
    SM7 56 F & 58* D
    Toulon Columbus
    Truvis/B RX
    Garmin S20
    Clubs this week

• KarstenKKarstenK Hey Chopper, what you hitting there? Cincy, OhioMembers  1324WRX Points: 169Handicap: 6Posts: 1,324 Platinum Tees

It is simply the most beautiful time of day to play. I routinely close down the club being the last car to leave.

Posted:
    Ping g410 lst 9* Hzrdus Smoke Black
    Ping G410 14.5* Tour 75
    Ping G410 hybrid 19* Tour 85
    Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4-P 
    Titleist SM7 F 50*/S 54*/M 58* Slate Blue
    Byron DH89/Ping Ketsch

Advertisement
  • Big BenBig Ben Members  9353WRX Points: 520Handicap: 5Posts: 9,353 Titanium Tees

Twilight golf is the best! It’s easy to love that peaceful time.

Posted:
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • DrewBallinDrewBallin Members  111WRX Points: 58Posts: 111 Fairways

I haven't been on a course after 2pm in many years, manly because of how busy it started getting. If I saw those rates here I may start going later again.

Posted:
    In my Cobra King stand bag

driver-- Cobra King LTD with ust elements fire x-stiff shaft
    hybrids-- Cobra F6 2/3 & 3/4
    irons-- Cobra cb/mb 3-pw KBS c-taper 120 shafts
    wedge-- Cobra tour trusty 56*
    putter-- MLA tour mallet
  • titleistektitleistek Members  90WRX Points: 41Handicap: 9Posts: 90 Fairways

I think it’s hit or miss. With low rates you’re going to attract a lot of players. I usually call ahead and guys in the pro shop will usually know how many people are out there before I tee off. But overall I love it and feel I have the place to myself

Posted:
  • QuigleyDUQuigleyDU Members, ClubWRX  10615WRX Points: 3,735Handicap: 8Posts: 10,615 ClubWRX

There is a local muni that offer a walking rate of 9 dollars after 5pm. If the course is relatively clear you can almost get 18 in for less than a bucket of balls. I have managed a few times to actually play 18. You just have to be able to move and not get held up. I will say, I don't usually play all that well in that big of a hurry but it is still fun.

Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade SIM 10.5 KBS TD 70TX
    3 iron Cobra King Utility Aldila Rouge 90 X flex
    4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
    WEDGES; CLEVELAND RTX4: 49 and 64
    WEDGES: Titleist SM7 54 and 60 KBS tour custom matte black shafts.
    PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
    BALL; 2019 ProV1 yellow/Snell MTB-X yellow
  • SushiyoshiSushiyoshi Members  1192WRX Points: 68Posts: 1,192 Platinum Tees

Twilight is the only time I get to play besides our annual trip to Bandon. There's a course 5 mins away from work with super twilight rate after 4PM for residents for $13. Been playing after work for years but the course is going to shutdown in about a month. Gonna try to play twice a week until it closes.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 Heaven? No, the Sand Hills... ClubWRX  6937WRX Points: 242Posts: 6,937 ClubWRX

As a college kid, I loved twilight golf. A military course near me (open to the public) which is the only Robert Trent Jones (Sr.) course in Nebraska had $8 twilight as the walking rate...and it was all you could play. Go out there on a Friday or Saturday evening...I'd get in 18+ holes (6900 yds from tips) in 2-2.5 hours. In the fall when no weeknight leagues would be playing...it'd be a great way to get 9-15 holes in after work during the fall or early spring (earlier sunsets). It was also an excellent time to take out a new golfer without the pressure of playing quickly.

I don't do twilight golf as much these days...too many other obligations, activities or events in the evenings during the week...but I sure did take advantage of it in my youth.

Posted:
  • SammyShafSammyShaf Members  423WRX Points: 149Posts: 423 Greens

I love twilight golf. I would get in 9 after all of the teetimes were off at a course I worked for in my 20s. I would lock the shop, get in 9, the close the course down. During the fall it was best with a cigar.

Posted:
    If anything can go right, it might!
  • ChristopherMcDonaldChristopherMcDonald Members  2478WRX Points: 141Posts: 2,478 Platinum Tees

We got a spot in SoCal that I believe charges $12 for 18 after 4PM with a cart. We've finished 18 a couple times. La Mirada Golf Course

Posted:
    Cobra King LTD UST Elements Chrome
    Taylormade '07 Burner 3 Wood Miyazaki B.Asha
    Taylormade '07 Burner 5 Wood Miyazaki B.Asha
    Taylormade '07 Burner 7 Wood Matrix Ozik 6Q3
    Adams XTD Tour 5-GW True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold
    Scratch Tour Issue 1018 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold
    Odyssey White Hot Pro V-Line
    Taylormade Project (a)

Advertisement
  • CaddiesFaultCaddiesFault Golf Professional Members  867WRX Points: 144Handicap: -Posts: 867 Golden Tee

twilight golf is the goat

Posted:
    Callaway

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.