Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts or PM's. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

How many golf balls does it take to make a 16 foot American flag?

FlyingLaw1 ·  
FlyingLaw1FlyingLaw1 MOMembers  886WRX Points: 154Handicap: 4.3Posts: 886 Golden Tee

7,761!! Honored to have helped with the Midwest Section PGA Hope Tournament at Rivercut Golf Course in Springfield, MO. A lot of work but well worth it to benefit disabled Veterans!!

Posted:
GO DAWGS

Comments

• Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members  6413WRX Points: 370Posts: 6,413 Titanium Tees

Great job!

Posted:

X________________________________
    Sign Here

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • FlyingLaw1FlyingLaw1 MOMembers  886WRX Points: 154Handicap: 4.3Posts: 886 Golden Tee

On -, @Hateto3Putt said:

Great job!

Thanks!! Labor of love for sure!

Posted:
    GO DAWGS
  • br61br61 3x Hackin' Hall of Shame SW MissouriMembers  2812WRX Points: 253Handicap: +0.6Posts: 2,812 Titanium Tees

Awesome! How long did that take?

It's a fun course to play.

Posted:
    My bag of hacking utensils;

TM SIM 10.5 GD XC-6 stiff
    SIM 3 & 5 wood with Diamana FW 75 stiff
    Adams VST 22* & 25*
    TM P760 4-PW DG 120 S300
    TM MG2 50, 54 & 60
    Titleist Big Sur, yes it is that old thing, 46"

• hacker49hacker49 Members  587WRX Points: 134Posts: 587 Golden Tee

That's a lot of golf balls. I think my Dad might have enough for maybe half a flag in his garage. Nice work!

Posted:
  • larrybudlarrybud Rochester Hills, MIMembers  11598WRX Points: 486Handicap: 3.4Posts: 11,598 Titanium Tees

Yes, I had to figure it out. About 8125 balls.
    ---nevermind, I see the total above the pic. I was close!

Posted:
  • FlyingLaw1FlyingLaw1 MOMembers  886WRX Points: 154Handicap: 4.3Posts: 886 Golden Tee

On -, @br61 said:

Awesome! How long did that take?

It's a fun course to play.

To physically place the balls took about a day and a half... But planning and painting the balls.. I started about a month before. I'd say I ended up with a solid 7 full working days on the thing by the time it was done and picked up. And I had a lot of good help!!

Posted:
    GO DAWGS

Advertisement
  • admorkadmork Orlando, FlMembers  83WRX Points: 114Handicap: +2Posts: 83 Fairways

It looks awesome! Great job and thanks for sharing.

Posted:
  • onemoetimeonemoetime Jack of all trades. Ace of none. South Bend, INMembers  206WRX Points: 48Handicap: 5Posts: 206 Fairways

That is very cool. Looks great too!

Posted:
    Titleist junkie
  • jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX  1027WRX Points: 390Handicap: 12Posts: 1,027 ClubWRX

Very cool, thanks for sharing

Posted:
    WITB
    Driver: TS2 10.5 - Diamana DF 60 TX
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17º w/ Even Flow
    816 H1 21 - Blueboard
    Irons 5-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 50º Ping Glide 2.0
    54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277 

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX  1027WRX Points: 390Handicap: 12Posts: 1,027 ClubWRX

Very cool, thanks for sharing

Posted:
    WITB
    Driver: TS2 10.5 - Diamana DF 60 TX
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17º w/ Even Flow
    816 H1 21 - Blueboard
    Irons 5-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 50º Ping Glide 2.0
    54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277 

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • MullymanMullyman United StatesMembers  84WRX Points: 70Handicap: 21Posts: 84 Fairways

Thank you for sharing. God Bless America

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Jkasm88Jkasm88 Members  94WRX Points: 32Posts: 94 Fairways

awesome!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.