GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE, PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE.

Do You Wish PGA Was in August?

12346»

Comments

• smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members  2471WRX Points: 968Posts: 2,471 Platinum Tees

I watch the Euro Tour pretty regular. They do it. Where they do it and when they do it is immaterial to the point. The point is that golf can be played in weather other than sunny and 75+. That is the point you seem to be missing. There is not a dang thing wrong with having a high profile tournament, within or to culminate the tour season, in late September or early October, at course where you might have to wear a sweater to play it. Due to the PGA Tour's insistence that the season end so early they are missing out on what could truly be a fantastic and visually dramatic book end to the season.

The part of the season that draws the best players doesn't have to end in August. The reason it does has nothing to do with the quality of golf but with TV.

I hope Greenbrier is nice and finds its spot in the fall schedule. I just don't think it will be justly attended due the majors and TC being over.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.