2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Japan Skins Game

Darth Putter

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to love watching the Skins Game. Looking forward to the PGA Tour in Japan, always been intrigued watching golf from Japan.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @Pinging77 said:

> Tiger sure has signed up for a lot of things in the fall considering he is still “recovering” from the Masters win. Can’t see his back holding up with all these specials and having to be Presidents Cup captain. Lots of long travel ought to have him walking like Frankenstein come December..

My gut instinct with Tiger has been that his health is bothering him more than he's letting on, and it wasn't just a prolonged Masters victory lap. But then he made comments about getting ready for the playoffs and how he almost grabbed the FedEx Cup at the end last year (like this was important to him). Originally, I thought maybe this was trying to deflect some attention away from skipping the Memphis WGC. But he still seems to be planning to play in the Japan tournament this fall and now adding another thing there. If there are only "so many swings left," it just seems odd to use them up on stuff like this. But what do I know...

> @agolf1 said:

> > @Pinging77 said:

> > Tiger sure has signed up for a lot of things in the fall considering he is still “recovering” from the Masters win. Can’t see his back holding up with all these specials and having to be Presidents Cup captain. Lots of long travel ought to have him walking like Frankenstein come December..

> My gut instinct with Tiger has been that his health is bothering him more than he's letting on, and it wasn't just a prolonged Masters victory lap. But then he made comments about getting ready for the playoffs and how he almost grabbed the FedEx Cup at the end last year (like this was important to him). Originally, I thought maybe this was trying to deflect some attention away from skipping the Memphis WGC. But he still seems to be planning to play in the Japan tournament this fall and now adding another thing there. If there are only "so many swings left," it just seems odd to use them up on stuff like this. But what do I know...

Well it has all been a process for him learning what he can and cannot do. He played a lot last year, his first year back. Perhaps he felt like he had been hit by a truck come November/December. So he tried to play less this year, only 10 times as of right now, a lot of tournaments which were in cooler weather (aside from Masters, other 3 majors and Players in March were all chilly). Lack of playing and cooler temps probably affected him in the same, but different way as playing too much. I think it is a delicate balance. Unfortunate for Tiger, anything and everything he says is going to be under a microscope and we're going to look too far into what he says and he isn't going to give enough away.

Moving forward, I wonder if he will pick where he plays (outside of majors which look better geographically in terms of weather) where he plays. He looked rough Thursday, Friday he was a little more free. Even at the US Open, his Sunday round was his best. Once he starts moving and playing he seems to get better, not worse. I think that's a good sign?

> @stanger37 said:

> > @agolf1 said:

> > > @Pinging77 said:

> > > Tiger sure has signed up for a lot of things in the fall considering he is still “recovering” from the Masters win. Can’t see his back holding up with all these specials and having to be Presidents Cup captain. Lots of long travel ought to have him walking like Frankenstein come December..

> > My gut instinct with Tiger has been that his health is bothering him more than he's letting on, and it wasn't just a prolonged Masters victory lap. But then he made comments about getting ready for the playoffs and how he almost grabbed the FedEx Cup at the end last year (like this was important to him). Originally, I thought maybe this was trying to deflect some attention away from skipping the Memphis WGC. But he still seems to be planning to play in the Japan tournament this fall and now adding another thing there. If there are only "so many swings left," it just seems odd to use them up on stuff like this. But what do I know...

>

> Well it has all been a process for him learning what he can and cannot do. He played a lot last year, his first year back. Perhaps he felt like he had been hit by a truck come November/December. So he tried to play less this year, only 10 times as of right now, a lot of tournaments which were in cooler weather (aside from Masters, other 3 majors and Players in March were all chilly). Lack of playing and cooler temps probably affected him in the same, but different way as playing too much. I think it is a delicate balance. Unfortunate for Tiger, anything and everything he says is going to be under a microscope and we're going to look too far into what he says and he isn't going to give enough away.

>

> Moving forward, I wonder if he will pick where he plays (outside of majors which look better geographically in terms of weather) where he plays. He looked rough Thursday, Friday he was a little more free. Even at the US Open, his Sunday round was his best. Once he starts moving and playing he seems to get better, not worse. I think that's a good sign?

I just hope he can play freely for a few years. We all knew he was going to play less, I guess it just seemed a bit different. Maybe it was just his attitude, which is as much being realistic vs. the prior mode of doing whatever was necessary to win. Although looking back, I think the Wells Fargo is the only tournament after the Masters he didn't play that I thought he would (wasn't sure what he'd do between the Opens). And I understand why he didn't tee it up there.

I have no idea what he'll do going forward. It can be pretty cool at some of his other normal stops like Torrey Pines, Riveria (now), and API, so don't know if he'll alter anything on the fly or just tee it up and do the best he can given everything.

> @Pinging77 said:

> Tiger sure has signed up for a lot of things in the fall considering he is still “recovering” from the Masters win. Can’t see his back holding up with all these specials and having to be Presidents Cup captain. Lots of long travel ought to have him walking like Frankenstein come December..

It's called appearance Money$$….A man has to eat and feed his family. I'm sure he needs the cash$$….LOL!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.