To sell on BST or not?

jhuprichjhuprich Members Posts: 7 ✭✭

Hey guys, I've been around for a long time just haven't posted much. I sell some on eBay but have never given the BST classifieds a shot. Thinking about throwing up a couple clubs but I'm a little hesitant given the posts I've read with problems since the upgrade. Any thoughts on whether I should give it a shot? Also any advice for a new seller to the BST? I already know PP G&S only, take good pictures to keep for record, and use shipping insurance. Thanks for any thoughts and advice!

Comments

• larryd3larryd3 Members Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've sold several items on here since the site change and had no problems. Just use Paypal for payment, not F&F. Lots of ads are in the BST so things are still working.

TM M4
    Epic 15*
    816 H1 19*
    816 H1 24*
    PXG 0311 5-gw
    54* SM6 M
    58* SM7 S
    PXG Operator H
  • MakersMarsh3MakersMarsh3 Members Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I hate that the BST has this reputation now, but too many guys have had issues...
    I have no idea why the Feedback system is not back in place

Use paypal
    And try to avoid a potentially brand new member who joined yesterday

lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's
  • VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, it depends on what you've got to sell, unfortunately. Shipping rates are killing the BST from a seller's perspective IMO. You can and should always figure in shipping costs into your prices as a seller, but people tend to balk at higher prices and usually try to negotiate down. At least on ebay you can dictate that the buyer cover all or some of the shipping costs. Sure the fees are a bummer, but it's a bigger market of buyers and the shipping coverage makes it more attractive at the moment as a seller.

• KC13KC13 31st StateMembers Posts: 404 ✭✭✭✭

I've had great success buying/selling on the BST even after the site update. Use common sense mostly.

Best!

• KC
    TaylorMade M5 9° - Fuji Speeder Evo V 661x
    TaylorMade 16' M2 15° - Fuji Speeder Evo II 757x
    Mizuno MP-H5 2i - KBS TGI 110
    Mizuno MP-H5 4i - KBS Tour Black Nickel 125g S+
    Mizuno MP-25 5i-PW - KBS Tour Black Nickel 125g S+
    Titleist SM7 Raw 50,54,58 - KBS Tour 120g S
    TaylorMade Spider Tour L Neck - BGT Stability Shaft
    Pro V1
  • scrody17scrody17 Members Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭

Great success buying on BST and average success selling. However it still beats Ebay in my opinion.

Current Set Up:
    Cobra Fly Z+ Driver Kuro Kage
    Nike Vapor Speed 3 wood w/ Pro Launch Red
    Nike Vapor Fly 5 wood w/ EPIC T90
    Callaway X-forged 2013 4-PW PXi 5.5 hard stepped once
    Titleist SM6 50*
    Titleist SM6 54*
    Titleist SM6 60*
    Odyssey O-Works #7s
  • ronstarsronstars #GetNaked Members Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It's hit and miss...I use both. I had over 300 feedback on the "old site" for what it's worth
    Ebay you will get more $ most of the time. But you do have the fee's to deal with and the limited communication or knowledge of the person buying from you.
    BST you will typically make less, but you can see more about who the buyer is and communicate easier with them. And most of the time that alone is worth the loss of funds compared to Ebay. I've had about 15 Buy/Sells since the site change and had no negative ones to speak of...*Knock *Knock

The Big Dog ~ TM M6/Speeder 661
    The 3 Banger ~ TM M6/Ad Di
    The 5 Banger ~ TM R11/Ad DJ
    The Metal ~ 96' TM Burner Tour/Oversize combo
    The Shovels ~ TM High-Toe 52,56,60
    Flatstick ~ Cameron Newport
  • payerasjlpayerasjl Members Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ive done a few on the new site, and about to pull the trigger on a trade. Use your best judgement based on join date and participation/posts etc and hope for the best. PP g&s pretty much has you covered as a buyer

CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
  • DFS PFDDFS PFD Members Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I've refrained from using the BST until they restore feedback, not sold on the fact that they are even bringing it back. With no feedback you're operating entirely on faith (PP protection aside), and I don't have time to play back and forth with random people for ~20% less than these items are worth on Ebay.

Epic Flash SZ 9* TD  HZRDUS Smoke Hulk 6.5TX 60g 
    M2 Tour 15* Kuro Kage DC 70TX
    790 UDI Tensei Pro White 100TX
    4-PW Apex Pro 19 DG X7's
    50* MG Raw Tour issue S400
    55* MG Raw Tour issue S400
    60* Hi-Toe Tour Issue S400
    TOULON Garage Atlanta
  • payerasjlpayerasjl Members Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any update on feedback system ever coming back?

Crazy to think that wouldnt be a top priority

CLO-MIA-DCA-BOG
    Get scratch or die trying
  • JustmuckitJustmuckit St. Louis, MOMembers Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@payerasjl said:
    Ive done a few on the new site, and about to pull the trigger on a trade. Use your best judgement based on join date and participation/posts etc and hope for the best. PP g&s pretty much has you covered as a buyer

Same. I've made a point of taking a few minutes to read old posts and BST listings and so far, so good.

Plus, if you've been around here a while, you recognize usernames and people you've dealt with in the past.

• indianalawnguyindianalawnguy Members Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭

I would avoid the BST and put it on ebay...unless u dont mind a bunch of lowball, half price offers. Club had also be better than described or you risk the seller wanting a refund.
    I have always had pretty good luck selling on here, but the last thing i sold was prob 6 months ago and the lowball offers got old quick. I just give my clubs to my kids and donate to their middle school and highschool programs.

• jhuprichjhuprich Members Posts: 7 ✭✭

Thanks for all the feedback. I think I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. If the offers are way below what I think I can get off eBay I will just cut bait. One more question. For more expensive items (I'm thinking over $300 or so) what do you guys think about requiring a signature at delivery? As a buyer its a real pain coordinating with the delivery service but as a seller I don't want to get burned by a "it never showed up" argument despite a delivery confirmation via tracking. Thoughts?

• cmagnussoncmagnusson Members Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jhuprich said:
    Thanks for all the feedback. I think I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. If the offers are way below what I think I can get off eBay I will just cut bait. One more question. For more expensive items (I'm thinking over $300 or so) what do you guys think about requiring a signature at delivery? As a buyer its a real pain coordinating with the delivery service but as a seller I don't want to get burned by a "it never showed up" argument despite a delivery confirmation via tracking. Thoughts?

Paypal tends to side with the seller when tracking shows delivered, at least in the cases I have heard about. Spend the signature money on insurance.

Cobra BioCell+ 8.5*D, Aldila RIP'D NV 65TX at 44.75"
    Titleist 917F2 15*, Diamana Blueboard 73X
    Titleist 917F2 18*, Matrix Deus 60X
    Srixon Z U85 20*, DG-Pro X100
    TaylorMade RBladez 5i-PW, Stiff
    Tommy Armor 845 48* PW
    Cobra Trusty Rusty 53*, 59*, DG S200
    Odyssey White Hot OG #1 Arm-lock conversion at 7*, 42"
  • Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

BST is still fine, the few issues after the site update largely could have been prevented.

Things that sell on BST-No more than 2 cycles old, stiff/xflex shafts, aftermarket shafts, cult clubs, limited run stuff, etc

Things that don't sell on BST unless you give them away-Everything else. Save these for ebay or trade them in

• Hack31Hack31 Members Posts: 39 ✭✭

I havent sold anything on here yet but have on ebay. I think the "buyers" on here want to pay less than Ebay, which is fine, why would someone want to pay more then they have to for an item. But some sellers want 1.25-1.75x Ebay. While you will have a much bigger clientele on Ebay, the competition for those bids is also greater, add in the 10% fees and NUMEROUS non paying bidders, the BST is being more attractive as an option to move on from equipment no longer in use.

• munimanmuniman Members Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭

Definately don't forget about the costs of shipping! It has gone up. Long boxes, and heavier boxes ( iron sets ) are not cheap to ship. I normally lose a little when I sell ( that's the price for being a ho ), but lately, I have flat out lost my **** because of shipping.

• Viktoryred3Viktoryred3 Just playing the game... Members Posts: 186 ✭✭✭

I have a bunch of old Nike gear laying around that I’ve been meaning to move, but have been hesitant to do so with how sketchy the BST has been.

• Ac18Ac18 Members Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

I’ve had good luck on BST. Purchased many items with no issues. Great place to find deals

• cardia10cardia10 Members Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If there were only a way users could see a history and review of other users sales activity.....

• kdog25kdog25 Members Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t doubt feedback is coming back but it is amazing how long we’ve been without it. I know zero about coding/web development but I have a hard time understanding how it’s been this long.

As a buyer I really don’t care. I never gift so if I get jobbed it’s just a minor inconvenience. As a seller it does get a bit dicier.

• coach_harris1coach_harris1 Members Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Krt22 said:
    BST is still fine, the few issues after the site update largely could have been prevented.

Things that sell on BST-No more than 2 cycles old, stiff/xflex shafts, aftermarket shafts, cult clubs, limited run stuff, etc

Things that don't sell on BST unless you give them away-Everything else. Save these for ebay or trade them in

I totally agree. Well said.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file