***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

TRUE Linkswear

 LoveG ·  
LoveGLoveG Members  140WRX Points: 23Posts: 140 Fairways
Joined:  in Golf Style and Accessories #1

Hey guys, I tried to find a discussion on True Linkswear brand but I'm still having some issues with the new search features. Have any of you been wearing any of the current offerings? I'm thinking of getting some Knits, Originals, or Majors. I know the Originals are the "zero drop" shoe of the bunch. How have the knits held up under playing? I have some pretty big foot roll when I swing, so I worry about them holding up long term.

Also, has anyone come across and good coupon or discount deals anywhere?

Thanks!

Posted:
«1
2

Comments

  • toothysaw2toothysaw2 Members  120WRX Points: 68Handicap: 7ishPosts: 120 Fairways
    Joined:  #2

    I rock the originals. They look great and are pretty comfortable, but lack the cushioning I really like for walking my home course (which is very hilly). Very good shoe otherwise.

    Posted:
    PING G400 Max - 10.5*, Tour S
    PING G - 14.5*, Tour S
    PING G400 - 19*, Tour S
    PING i200, 4-PW, Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Vokey SM7 Raw, 50* (F), 54* (S), 58* (M)
    Artisan 0117
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • LoveGLoveG Members  140WRX Points: 23Posts: 140 Fairways
    Joined:  #3

    that's the one thing I'm worried about w/ the OG...they have zero drop. the others are about 4-6mm according to their site. Has anyone had experience w/ the other and their cushioning?

    Posted:
  • FEUOFEUO LaSalle, OntarioMembers  268WRX Points: 73Posts: 268 Greens
    Joined:  #4

    On -, @MEsserJr said:

    I have 2 pairs of the outsiders. Unfortunately they discontinued them. Wish they would come out with similar ones.

    Ditto. Glad I bought my 2 while they were available. Best shoes I've had in a while. Not sure why they cut them from the lineup.

    Posted:
  • jsnjsn Members  48WRX Points: 44Handicap: 12Posts: 48 Bunkers
    Joined:  #5

    I got some knits this year. I have probably have 10 rounds on them plus range time. The heel cushioning shows cosmetic signs of wear but I don't have any ill effects. The rest of the shoe still looks new and feels great. By far my favorite shoe to pull for walking or on hot days.

    Posted:
  • cflo2382cflo2382 SE MichiganMembers  542WRX Points: 148Posts: 542 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #6

    The knits are great. Probably the most comfortable golf shoes that I currently own. Perfect shoes on the hot dry days. I owned the Majors for a bit. They were super comfortable but I could not keep them clean to save my life. Also, The paint on the perimeter started peeling after 5 rounds.

    Posted:


  • FEUOFEUO LaSalle, OntarioMembers  268WRX Points: 73Posts: 268 Greens
    Joined:  #7

    Only cosmetic issues I’ve had are the crushing/creased heels (minor) and the back poly/vinyl stripe up the heel that gets and stays dirty.

    I’m going to grab some knits at some point.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Shifty242Shifty242 Members  125WRX Points: 32Posts: 125 Fairways
    Joined:  #8

    I live in the heat and humidity of central Texas and I'm also considering pair of the Knits. Is there any reason why they wouldn't be a good option in this climate?

    Posted:
  • NC IA HackerNC IA Hacker Members  139WRX Points: 42Handicap: 10Posts: 139 Fairways
    Joined:  #9

    One pair of originals currently, second on order (different color). First pair I've had for about a season and a half and they've held up well. Most impressed with the tread that seems to have a ton of life left given how often I wear them, roughly 27-36 holes a week from May till October.

    Posted:
  • Arlin964Arlin964 Members  206WRX Points: 80Handicap: 14Posts: 206 Fairways
    Joined:  #10

    On -, @Shifty242 said:

    I live in the heat and humidity of central Texas and I'm also considering pair of the Knits. Is there any reason why they wouldn't be a good option in this climate?

    I live in Dallas and I have both the Knits and the recently discontinued Outsiders. Regarding the knits- Since most course are Bermuda grass, if it’s really dry and the course doesn’t water well, then the dead grass clippings can really get in between the mesh layers. That can be a pain, but honestly it’s not a huge deal. As long as your course don’t have many spots of surprise water spots, I think you’ll like the knits. If it’s dewy out (not often here), your socks may get wet but they get good airflow.

    Today I wore my Outsiders because we’ve been so dry and I didn’t want grass clippings in my socks. Otherwise I really really enjoy the Knits.

    To the OP’s question about foot roll in the Knits - I feel like I’m probably similar. My left foot really puts some force into the left (front toward the hole) edge of the shoe. It seems like the sole could rip from the upper at any point. I’ve played probably 10 rounds in them, and have had no evidence that it’s wearing prematurely. I’m about 200 lbs for reference. I’d think you’d be fine if you don’t play in them 5 days a week.

    Posted:
    Ping G410+
    Ping G410 3W
    Ping G410 3H
    Titleist T300 4-7
    Titleist T200 8-GW
    Ping Glide 3.0 54SS & 60 Eye2
    Odyssey Stroke Lab 2Ball Fang
  • Pi5seekerPi5seeker Members  896WRX Points: 125Posts: 896 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #11

    True's are great shoes. My main pair are Original's but I also own Sensei's and True Motion's. They fit my wide feet and help with balance.

    Posted:
    Cobra F8 10.5* UST Attas Coool 7S
    Cobra F8 5-6 17* Evenflow Blue 75
    Cobra F8 Hybrid 19* Smacwrap
    Cobra King Utility 22.5* C-Taper Lite
    Ping I210 5-UW PX LZ 6.0
    Bridgestone XW-1 56* 60* DG Spinner
    Odyssey Strokelab Seven S
    Chrome Soft
    Clicgear 3.5/Cobra King Ultradry
  • caniac6caniac6 Members  3657WRX Points: 1,314Handicap: 4Posts: 3,657 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #12

    I would really like to try these shoes, but I don't want to buy them unless I could see them, and try them on first. No stores close to me carry them, and I'm not sure if any stores carry them.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • postfoldpostfold oh how I LOVE putting Members  423WRX Points: 105Handicap: 11.4Posts: 423 Greens
    Joined:  #13

    I have a pair of Originals, but really don't wear them. I have been sticking to a prior generation pair of True Tours and a pair of New Balance. Sadly I think my time as a huge True fan is over as the newer models just don't have the width in the forefoot that made the original models so perfect for my feet.

    Posted:
  • AustincountyagAustincountyag Members  240WRX Points: 78Posts: 240 Fairways
    Joined:  #14

    Live in Texas and I wear the the True Knits anytime the course is dry. I have a pair of the whites, and they do get quite dirty after a round, but a quick scrub with soap and a dish towel and they clean up well. It is kind of a pain cleaning them after most rounds, however the breathability and comfort make them worth it for me. In 90+ degree weather they are awesome for the feet, compared to a pair of waterproof leather shows that do not breathe at all....I also wear them to work some. They look good with khaki/chino pants.

    Posted:
  • nicelifenicelife Members  133WRX Points: 94Posts: 133 Fairways
    Joined:  #15

    They're great shoes. I'm an Original guy(morning golf in Michigan is wet). I own two pairs of knits, nice shoes, I had a great walk around Streamsong in the white knits, The Linksoul's are a great everyday shoe. I don't know if I'll like the fit of the new "sneakers" but I'll buy them, their return policy is fantastic.

    Posted:
  • sway162sway162 Lakewood, WAMembers  23WRX Points: 51Handicap: 16.2Posts: 23 Bunkers
    Joined:  #16

    I have the Originals in black and Outsiders in grey. Love both and wear them all the time off the course as well. I love how you feel low to the ground with the Originals. You really get the feel of the course if you're walking. Hard to explain but its what I love most about the Originals. After a round though, my feet do start to get tired so I wouldn't walk 36 with the Originals. As for discounts, I haven't seen any around for a while. They do offer black Friday and Christmas deals though.

    Posted:
    Titleist 917D2 
    Ping G410 Crossover Hybrid 2H 
    Ping G Crossover Hybrid 4H
    Ping i210 5-UW
    Bettinardi H2 303 SS 52-56-60
    Bettinardi 2019 Studio Stock 38 
  • MillerLowLifeMillerLowLife SLC, UTMembers  889WRX Points: 155Handicap: 5Posts: 889 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #17

    Had to buy another pair of white outsiders to have as a back up to my current white outsiders and originals in rotation. I really like the white outsiders and being that they stopped making them - couldn't pass on a chance to pick up another pair.

    Posted:

    Taylormade SIM 10.5* w/ Ventus V. Black 7x

    Tour Edge Exotic 220 Hybrid 3 w/ Oban Devotion 8 05

    Tour Edge Exotic 220 Hybrid 5 w/ Oban Devotion 8 05

    Srixon z785 4-PW w/ x100

    Mizuno T20 52 w/ s400

    Taylormade Milled 56/60 w/ s400

    Special Select NP2

    Ball: Srixon XV

    Grip: Midsize Z-grip

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • TateTate Members  292WRX Points: 82Posts: 292 Greens
    Joined:  #18

    I take the soles out and throw them in the washer then let them air dry on the patio. They come out looking new every time. >

    On -, @Austincountyag said:

    Live in Texas and I wear the the True Knits anytime the course is dry. I have a pair of the whites, and they do get quite dirty after a round, but a quick scrub with soap and a dish towel and they clean up well. It is kind of a pain cleaning them after most rounds, however the breathability and comfort make them worth it for me. In 90+ degree weather they are awesome for the feet, compared to a pair of waterproof leather shows that do not breathe at all....I also wear them to work some. They look good with khaki/chino pants.

    Posted:
    M2 9.5
    M2 15
    MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3
    MP18 SC 4-5
    MP18 6-PW
    SM6 52.8
    SM6 56.10
    SM6 60.4
    2016 Select Newport 2
  • jdc944jdc944 Members  83WRX Points: 76Posts: 83 Fairways
    Joined:  #19

    Do you have trouble with a sand and dirt getting into the knits? I used to wear tennis shoes for the hot summer rounds until, I just got tired of the sand getting into them.

    Posted:
  • TateTate Members  292WRX Points: 82Posts: 292 Greens
    Joined:  #20

    I’ve never had a big issue with sand or dirt. You will have some but nothing too noticeable. >

    On -, @jdc944 said:

    Do you have trouble with a sand and dirt getting into the knits? I used to wear tennis shoes for the hot summer rounds until, I just got tired of the sand getting into them.

    Posted:
    M2 9.5
    M2 15
    MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3
    MP18 SC 4-5
    MP18 6-PW
    SM6 52.8
    SM6 56.10
    SM6 60.4
    2016 Select Newport 2
  • jadams13jadams13 Poulsbo, WAMembers  52WRX Points: 37Handicap: 13Posts: 52 Bunkers
    Joined:  #21

    2 pairs of knits and a pair of Originals. 1 pair of knits I've had for over a year and while I was living in Hawai'i, wore them twice a week. So I bought another pair so they wouldn't wear out. I was wrong. They're built to last. I've worn them to Disney Land for 3 days and everywhere else a 'not a dress shoe but nicer than tennis shoes' situations. And the Originals are waterproof and butter soft. Probably going to get the Majors next year. Or another pair of Originals.

    Posted:
  • LoveGLoveG Members  140WRX Points: 23Posts: 140 Fairways
    Joined:  #22

    I picked up some originals and love them. Only thing is as soon as I switched to them i really started struggling hitting it left and a bit heavy at times. My previous pair of shoes, ECCOs have about 22-23 mm sole. these Trues are 6.5mm total. Does it make sense that 16 mm of difference would have that effect on how I'm delivering the club face to the ball? That's about 0.63 inch difference.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • VNutzVNutz Members  6867WRX Points: 787Posts: 6,867 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #23

    On -, @LoveG said:

    I picked up some originals and love them. Only thing is as soon as I switched to them i really started struggling hitting it left and a bit heavy at times. My previous pair of shoes, ECCOs have about 22-23 mm sole. these Trues are 6.5mm total. Does it make sense that 16 mm of difference would have that effect on how I'm delivering the club face to the ball? That's about 0.63 inch difference.

    Yep, you're not alone in that experience.

    Posted:
  • Shifty242Shifty242 Members  125WRX Points: 32Posts: 125 Fairways
    Joined:  #24

    On -, @VNutz said:

    Yep, you're not alone in that experience.

    Care to elaborate? I just bought a pair of the knits and played my first round on Sunday. They are super comfortable and light, which works really well in central Texas in August. But as LoveG mentioned, I hit a lot of balls left, which is not something I normally do. It could be just me and my temperamental swing, but could it also be the shoes?

    Posted:
  • VNutzVNutz Members  6867WRX Points: 787Posts: 6,867 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #25

    On -, @Shifty242 said:

    On -, @VNutz said:

    Yep, you're not alone in that experience.

    Care to elaborate? I just bought a pair of the knits and played my first round on Sunday. They are super comfortable and light, which works really well in central Texas in August. But as LoveG mentioned, I hit a lot of balls left, which is not something I normally do. It could be just me and my temperamental swing, but could it also be the shoes?

    I have no experience with the new knits, but when I've worn Trues in the past my balance has been thrown off by the different height level of the heal. If you change your base it changes your posture ever so slightly from the ground up. Some people don't have an issue with it, some can't adjust. For you I'd chalk it up to just one day and keep trying them to see if it's a trend or not.

    Posted:
  • geauxgolf21geauxgolf21 Members  57WRX Points: 52Posts: 57 Bunkers
    Joined:  #26

    A new pair of off-white knits are showing up in a week! Pretty excited to give them a try.

    Posted:
  • Shifty242Shifty242 Members  125WRX Points: 32Posts: 125 Fairways
    Joined:  #27

    On -, @VNutz said:

    On -, @Shifty242 said:

    On -, @VNutz said:

    Yep, you're not alone in that experience.

    Care to elaborate? I just bought a pair of the knits and played my first round on Sunday. They are super comfortable and light, which works really well in central Texas in August. But as LoveG mentioned, I hit a lot of balls left, which is not something I normally do. It could be just me and my temperamental swing, but could it also be the shoes?

    I have no experience with the new knits, but when I've worn Trues in the past my balance has been thrown off by the different height level of the heal. If you change your base it changes your posture ever so slightly from the ground up. Some people don't have an issue with it, some can't adjust. For you I'd chalk it up to just one day and keep trying them to see if it's a trend or not.

    Thanks VNutz. I'm reasonably sure it's me, but I'll schedule some range time this week to double-check.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • LoveGLoveG Members  140WRX Points: 23Posts: 140 Fairways
    Joined:  edited Aug 27, 2019 #28

    Thanks guys...I definitely feel something different. As soon as I put the clubs down wearing those shoes they felt longer and more heel on the ground. I played 3 times last week in them and I was consistently fighting the left shot. It was starting in a complete different window than I'm accustomed to. I am committed to wearing trues because they help my feet with the wide toe box. I've had a few foot issues that require me to do so. I don't mind bending my lie angles if necessary, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy! I'm definitely a feel player and a little off is noticeable to me sometimes. I'm sure I'll get used to them sooner than later.

    Posted:
  • drn92drn92 Members  1856WRX Points: 163Posts: 1,856 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #29

    On -, @LoveG said:

    Thanks guys...I definitely feel something different. As soon as I put the clubs down wearing those shoes they felt longer and more heel on the ground. I played 3 times last week in them and I was consistently fighting the left shot. It was starting in a complete different window than I'm accustomed to. I am committed to wearing trues because they help my feet with the wide toe box. I've had a few foot issues that require me to do so. I don't mind bending my lie angles if necessary, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy! I'm definitely a feel player and a little off is noticeable to me sometimes. I'm sure I'll get used to them sooner than later.

    I am a proponent of lower drop shoes. The typical shoe is in the 10-12 mm range of drop between the heel and toe/ball of the foot. That may not sound like a lot, but imagine if a room in your house had a 12mm drop. Over a 10’ section of floor, one side would be about 5” higher.

    It took me a couple months to transition, but for me I feel like a lower drop shoe puts me in a more balanced, athletic position.

    drn92

    Posted:
  • LoveGLoveG Members  140WRX Points: 23Posts: 140 Fairways
    Joined:  edited Aug 29, 2019 #30

    any of you find the originals fit a little small? i'm traditionally a 13 and finding my new OG to not be as long as expected given their wider base.

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • jgallant415jgallant415 ClubWRX  402WRX Points: 136Handicap: 12Posts: 402 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #31

    I’ve had the TL-01 for about 4 weeks now and have walked 5 rounds in them. Super comfortable walking shoe, ultra lightweight, and decent grip for a spikeless.

    Only criticism is that the leather seems to crease pretty bad, so I do wonder about durability. Also, while I like the fit, I wouldn’t describe the toe box as particularly wide the way TL advertises it.

    That said, I do like them enough that I’m considering a pair of the OG Premiums.

    Posted:

    Cobra SpeedZone 9*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

    Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 15*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7S

    Titleist TS2 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

    Callaway Apex ‘19 Hybrid 23*, KBS TOUR Graphite Hybrid Proto 85S

    Callaway Apex CF19, 5-P, KBS $-Taper Lite S

    Vokey SM7, 48.F, 54.S, 58.D

    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3

2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.