Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

TRUE Linkswear

LoveGLoveG Members Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I tried to find a discussion on True Linkswear brand but I'm still having some issues with the new search features. Have any of you been wearing any of the current offerings? I'm thinking of getting some Knits, Originals, or Majors. I know the Originals are the "zero drop" shoe of the bunch. How have the knits held up under playing? I have some pretty big foot roll when I swing, so I worry about them holding up long term.

Also, has anyone come across and good coupon or discount deals anywhere?

Thanks!

Comments

• toothysaw2toothysaw2 Members Posts: 90 ✭✭✭

I rock the originals. They look great and are pretty comfortable, but lack the cushioning I really like for walking my home course (which is very hilly). Very good shoe otherwise.

PING G400 Max - 10.5*, Tour S
    PING G - 14.5*, Tour S
    PING G400 - 19*, Tour S
    PING i200, 4-PW, Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Vokey SM7 Raw, 50* (F), 54* (S), 58* (M)
    Artisan 0117
  • LoveGLoveG Members Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

that's the one thing I'm worried about w/ the OG...they have zero drop. the others are about 4-6mm according to their site. Has anyone had experience w/ the other and their cushioning?

• bordercitygolferbordercitygolfer Members Posts: 89 ✭✭✭

@MEsserJr said:
    I have 2 pairs of the outsiders. Unfortunately they discontinued them. Wish they would come out with similar ones.

Ditto. Glad I bought my 2 while they were available. Best shoes I've had in a while. Not sure why they cut them from the lineup.

Driver - TM M6, Matrix Ozik MFS M5 black tie X
    3W - Callaway Epic, Fubuki X
    H - Nike VRS 3&4, Fubuki S
    Irons - Bridgestone J40, ProjectX 6.0
    Wedges - Scratch DD 50/53/58
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Global Limited, Mills Ming

• jsnjsn Members Posts: 19 ✭✭

I got some knits this year. I have probably have 10 rounds on them plus range time. The heel cushioning shows cosmetic signs of wear but I don't have any ill effects. The rest of the shoe still looks new and feels great. By far my favorite shoe to pull for walking or on hot days.

• cflo2382cflo2382 Members Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭

The knits are great. Probably the most comfortable golf shoes that I currently own. Perfect shoes on the hot dry days. I owned the Majors for a bit. They were super comfortable but I could not keep them clean to save my life. Also, The paint on the perimeter started peeling after 5 rounds.

PING G410 Plus - ACCRA TZ6 65 M5
    COBRA F9 Tour - Tensei Pro Orange 80TX
    New Level 4559HB 18* DI/Utility - HZRDUS Red 105 6.5
    Miura MC-501 4-PW - SPBx
    Miura 1957 51y, 55c, 60y - SPBx
    SC Studio Select Newport 2 Mid Slant
    ProV1x | Vessel Players 2.0 Stand
  • bordercitygolferbordercitygolfer Members Posts: 89 ✭✭✭

Only cosmetic issues I’ve had are the crushing/creased heels (minor) and the back poly/vinyl stripe up the heel that gets and stays dirty.

I’m going to grab some knits at some point.

Driver - TM M6, Matrix Ozik MFS M5 black tie X
    3W - Callaway Epic, Fubuki X
    H - Nike VRS 3&4, Fubuki S
    Irons - Bridgestone J40, ProjectX 6.0
    Wedges - Scratch DD 50/53/58
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Global Limited, Mills Ming

• Shifty242Shifty242 Members Posts: 119 ✭✭✭

I live in the heat and humidity of central Texas and I'm also considering pair of the Knits. Is there any reason why they wouldn't be a good option in this climate?

• NC IA HackerNC IA Hacker Members Posts: 132 ✭✭✭

One pair of originals currently, second on order (different color). First pair I've had for about a season and a half and they've held up well. Most impressed with the tread that seems to have a ton of life left given how often I wear them, roughly 27-36 holes a week from May till October.

• Arlin964Arlin964 Members Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

@Shifty242 said:
    I live in the heat and humidity of central Texas and I'm also considering pair of the Knits. Is there any reason why they wouldn't be a good option in this climate?

I live in Dallas and I have both the Knits and the recently discontinued Outsiders. Regarding the knits- Since most course are Bermuda grass, if it’s really dry and the course doesn’t water well, then the dead grass clippings can really get in between the mesh layers. That can be a pain, but honestly it’s not a huge deal. As long as your course don’t have many spots of surprise water spots, I think you’ll like the knits. If it’s dewy out (not often here), your socks may get wet but they get good airflow.

Today I wore my Outsiders because we’ve been so dry and I didn’t want grass clippings in my socks. Otherwise I really really enjoy the Knits.

To the OP’s question about foot roll in the Knits - I feel like I’m probably similar. My left foot really puts some force into the left (front toward the hole) edge of the shoe. It seems like the sole could rip from the upper at any point. I’ve played probably 10 rounds in them, and have had no evidence that it’s wearing prematurely. I’m about 200 lbs for reference. I’d think you’d be fine if you don’t play in them 5 days a week.

TaylorMade R1 10.5*
    Ping Anser 3w
    Callaway Rogue X - 3h, 4h, 5h
    Nickent 6DX - 6-PW
    Wilson Staff PMP 50*
    Cleveland CBX 56*
    Odyssey #7s O-Works
  • Pi5seekerPi5seeker Members Posts: 887 ✭✭✭✭✭

True's are great shoes. My main pair are Original's but I also own Sensei's and True Motion's. They fit my wide feet and help with balance.

Cobra F8 9.5* Evenflow Blue
    Cobra F8 5-6 17* Evenflow Blue
    Cobra F8 Hybrid 19* Smacwrap
    Cobra King Utility 22.5* C-Taper Lite
    Ping I210 5-UW PX LZ 6.0
    Bridgestone XW-1 56* 60* DG Spinner
    Odyssey Strokelab Seven S
    Z-Star
    Clicgear 3.5/Cobra King Ultradry
  • caniac6caniac6 Members Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would really like to try these shoes, but I don't want to buy them unless I could see them, and try them on first. No stores close to me carry them, and I'm not sure if any stores carry them.

• postfoldpostfold oh how I LOVE putting Members Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭

I have a pair of Originals, but really don't wear them. I have been sticking to a prior generation pair of True Tours and a pair of New Balance. Sadly I think my time as a huge True fan is over as the newer models just don't have the width in the forefoot that made the original models so perfect for my feet.

• AustincountyagAustincountyag Members Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

Live in Texas and I wear the the True Knits anytime the course is dry. I have a pair of the whites, and they do get quite dirty after a round, but a quick scrub with soap and a dish towel and they clean up well. It is kind of a pain cleaning them after most rounds, however the breathability and comfort make them worth it for me. In 90+ degree weather they are awesome for the feet, compared to a pair of waterproof leather shows that do not breathe at all....I also wear them to work some. They look good with khaki/chino pants.

• nicelifenicelife Members Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

They're great shoes. I'm an Original guy(morning golf in Michigan is wet). I own two pairs of knits, nice shoes, I had a great walk around Streamsong in the white knits, The Linksoul's are a great everyday shoe. I don't know if I'll like the fit of the new "sneakers" but I'll buy them, their return policy is fantastic.

• sway162sway162 Lakewood, WAMembers Posts: 23 ✭✭

I have the Originals in black and Outsiders in grey. Love both and wear them all the time off the course as well. I love how you feel low to the ground with the Originals. You really get the feel of the course if you're walking. Hard to explain but its what I love most about the Originals. After a round though, my feet do start to get tired so I wouldn't walk 36 with the Originals. As for discounts, I haven't seen any around for a while. They do offer black Friday and Christmas deals though.

Titleist 917D2 
    Ping G410 Crossover Hybrid 2H 
    Ping G Crossover Hybrid 4H
    Ping i210 5-UW
    Bettinardi H2 303 SS 52-56-60
    Bettinardi 2019 Studio Stock 38 
  • MillerLowLifeMillerLowLife Members Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had to buy another pair of white outsiders to have as a back up to my current white outsiders and originals in rotation. I really like the white outsiders and being that they stopped making them - couldn't pass on a chance to pick up another pair.

• TateTate Members Posts: 284 ✭✭✭✭

I take the soles out and throw them in the washer then let them air dry on the patio. They come out looking new every time. > @Austincountyag said:

Live in Texas and I wear the the True Knits anytime the course is dry. I have a pair of the whites, and they do get quite dirty after a round, but a quick scrub with soap and a dish towel and they clean up well. It is kind of a pain cleaning them after most rounds, however the breathability and comfort make them worth it for me. In 90+ degree weather they are awesome for the feet, compared to a pair of waterproof leather shows that do not breathe at all....I also wear them to work some. They look good with khaki/chino pants.

M2 9.5
    M2 15
    MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3
    MP18 SC 4-5
    MP18 6-PW
    SM6 52.8
    SM6 56.10
    SM6 60.4
    2016 Select Newport 2
  • jdc944jdc944 Members Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

Do you have trouble with a sand and dirt getting into the knits? I used to wear tennis shoes for the hot summer rounds until, I just got tired of the sand getting into them.

• TateTate Members Posts: 284 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve never had a big issue with sand or dirt. You will have some but nothing too noticeable. > @jdc944 said:

Do you have trouble with a sand and dirt getting into the knits? I used to wear tennis shoes for the hot summer rounds until, I just got tired of the sand getting into them.

M2 9.5
    M2 15
    MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3
    MP18 SC 4-5
    MP18 6-PW
    SM6 52.8
    SM6 56.10
    SM6 60.4
    2016 Select Newport 2
  • jadams13jadams13 Poulsbo, WAMembers Posts: 50 ✭✭

2 pairs of knits and a pair of Originals. 1 pair of knits I've had for over a year and while I was living in Hawai'i, wore them twice a week. So I bought another pair so they wouldn't wear out. I was wrong. They're built to last. I've worn them to Disney Land for 3 days and everywhere else a 'not a dress shoe but nicer than tennis shoes' situations. And the Originals are waterproof and butter soft. Probably going to get the Majors next year. Or another pair of Originals.

I picked up some originals and love them. Only thing is as soon as I switched to them i really started struggling hitting it left and a bit heavy at times. My previous pair of shoes, ECCOs have about 22-23 mm sole. these Trues are 6.5mm total. Does it make sense that 16 mm of difference would have that effect on how I'm delivering the club face to the ball? That's about 0.63 inch difference.

• VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@LoveG said:
    I picked up some originals and love them. Only thing is as soon as I switched to them i really started struggling hitting it left and a bit heavy at times. My previous pair of shoes, ECCOs have about 22-23 mm sole. these Trues are 6.5mm total. Does it make sense that 16 mm of difference would have that effect on how I'm delivering the club face to the ball? That's about 0.63 inch difference.

Yep, you're not alone in that experience.

@VNutz said:

Care to elaborate? I just bought a pair of the knits and played my first round on Sunday. They are super comfortable and light, which works really well in central Texas in August. But as LoveG mentioned, I hit a lot of balls left, which is not something I normally do. It could be just me and my temperamental swing, but could it also be the shoes?

• VNutzVNutz Members Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Shifty242 said:

@VNutz said:

Care to elaborate? I just bought a pair of the knits and played my first round on Sunday. They are super comfortable and light, which works really well in central Texas in August. But as LoveG mentioned, I hit a lot of balls left, which is not something I normally do. It could be just me and my temperamental swing, but could it also be the shoes?

I have no experience with the new knits, but when I've worn Trues in the past my balance has been thrown off by the different height level of the heal. If you change your base it changes your posture ever so slightly from the ground up. Some people don't have an issue with it, some can't adjust. For you I'd chalk it up to just one day and keep trying them to see if it's a trend or not.

• geauxgolf21geauxgolf21 Members Posts: 55 ✭✭

A new pair of off-white knits are showing up in a week! Pretty excited to give them a try.

@VNutz said:

@Shifty242 said:

@VNutz said:

I have no experience with the new knits, but when I've worn Trues in the past my balance has been thrown off by the different height level of the heal. If you change your base it changes your posture ever so slightly from the ground up. Some people don't have an issue with it, some can't adjust. For you I'd chalk it up to just one day and keep trying them to see if it's a trend or not.

Thanks VNutz. I'm reasonably sure it's me, but I'll schedule some range time this week to double-check.

edited Aug 27, 2019 7:41pm #28

Thanks guys...I definitely feel something different. As soon as I put the clubs down wearing those shoes they felt longer and more heel on the ground. I played 3 times last week in them and I was consistently fighting the left shot. It was starting in a complete different window than I'm accustomed to. I am committed to wearing trues because they help my feet with the wide toe box. I've had a few foot issues that require me to do so. I don't mind bending my lie angles if necessary, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy! I'm definitely a feel player and a little off is noticeable to me sometimes. I'm sure I'll get used to them sooner than later.

• drn92drn92 Members Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@LoveG said:
    Thanks guys...I definitely feel something different. As soon as I put the clubs down wearing those shoes they felt longer and more heel on the ground. I played 3 times last week in them and I was consistently fighting the left shot. It was starting in a complete different window than I'm accustomed to. I am committed to wearing trues because they help my feet with the wide toe box. I've had a few foot issues that require me to do so. I don't mind bending my lie angles if necessary, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy! I'm definitely a feel player and a little off is noticeable to me sometimes. I'm sure I'll get used to them sooner than later.

I am a proponent of lower drop shoes. The typical shoe is in the 10-12 mm range of drop between the heel and toe/ball of the foot. That may not sound like a lot, but imagine if a room in your house had a 12mm drop. Over a 10’ section of floor, one side would be about 5” higher.

It took me a couple months to transition, but for me I feel like a lower drop shoe puts me in a more balanced, athletic position.

drn92

edited Aug 29, 2019 11:36pm #30

any of you find the originals fit a little small? i'm traditionally a 13 and finding my new OG to not be as long as expected given their wider base.

• jgallant415jgallant415 ClubWRX Posts: 323 ClubWRX

I’ve had the TL-01 for about 4 weeks now and have walked 5 rounds in them. Super comfortable walking shoe, ultra lightweight, and decent grip for a spikeless.

Only criticism is that the leather seems to crease pretty bad, so I do wonder about durability. Also, while I like the fit, I wouldn’t describe the toe box as particularly wide the way TL advertises it.

That said, I do like them enough that I’m considering a pair of the OG Premiums.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file